Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Redeye Flight posted:

Been a while since I read Life and Times, but would that stranger's initials happen to be F.G.?

Yeah, his name is never mentioned in the story, but the last panel has Scrooge resolving to leave the Transvaal for Australia (or the Klondike; I can't remember whether he went to South Africa or Australia first) and reflecting on the various enemies he's made so far; the Whiskervilles, the Beagle Boys, the Dalton Gang "and one particularly nasty Boer called Flintheart Glomgold."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

smashpro1
Mar 1, 2009

Shirley, these things happen in video games. We can't get hung up on real-world morality.

The Trial of Atomic Robo

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Not as strong as you'd expect.

Everything Counts posted:

So when did Joker learn that Bruce is Batman? How many villains is that now who have figured out his identity?

Ra's, Bane, Joker I don't know for sure, Riddler's been mentioned, Catwoman(Who also revealed her ID to him)...I don't think anyone else that I can recall. Which is still probably too many.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

I don't think Riddler currently knows Batman's identity. As mentioned he did figure it out once but that was pre-Reboot and potentially some wacky amnesia plotline or whatever. Ditto with Catwoman since I don't know how exactly Hush played out in nu52 continuity. I didn't read Catwoman until the new creative team came on so I don't know if she knows who Batman is anymore.

Hugo Strange typically knows Batman's identity but I don't think he's appeared at all in nu52.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

Uthor posted:

Scrooge was kind to a stranger and the dude robbed him, leaving him stranded in the plains of Africa.

:clint:

Life and Times of Scrooge McDuck #6

mcduck_demolishing_steamboat.jpg

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG
Saitama just wants to get through his costume contest but a goon griefer decides to troll it

One Punch Man 44.5

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Everything Counts posted:

So when did Joker learn that Bruce is Batman?
Batman told him:

(Joker leaves his card in the batcave and Bruce shows it to him while visiting Arkham)
The Joker didn't care.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
Not so much a panel, but here's the Avengers, Tamriel style!

KaosMachina
Oct 9, 2012

There's nothing special about me.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

Not so much a panel, but here's the Avengers, Tamriel style!

Stop right there, unregistered scum! Nobody breaks the law on my watch!

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!

Alhazred posted:

Batman told him:

(Joker leaves his card in the batcave and Bruce shows it to him while visiting Arkham)
The Joker didn't care.

Joker doesn't care because he's known all along. I say this based on those eyebrows on Bruce. He has a bat-eyebrow.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Zombie Boat posted:

Joker doesn't care because he's known all along. I say this based on those eyebrows on Bruce. He has a bat-eyebrow.

Gotta protect the brand.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Convergence: The Question #2

Trundel
Mar 13, 2005

:10bux: + :awesomelon: = :roboluv:
- a sound investment!
So... why would someone chase a hat that was thrown over their head?

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

We call that in superhero technical parlance "a distraction"

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Teenage Fansub posted:

Convergence: The Question #2

Behold, the fedora as nature intended: on the head of an awesome lady.

Dammit Who?
Aug 30, 2002

may microbes, bacilli their tissues infest
and tapeworms securely their bowels digest

Trundel posted:

So... why would someone chase a hat that was thrown over their head?

khy
Aug 15, 2005

Supersonic Shine posted:

Yeah, that's good. Anyway, time to turn back this derail. Don't have any especially badass panels, so this will have to do:

(Avengers: Rage of Ultron)

I AM SINISTAR!

BEWARE, I LIVE!

I HUNGER!

Oh god i'm old aren't I.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Bad rear end place to read Power Pack.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Say Nothing posted:

Bad rear end place to read Power Pack.

Gah, this image is making my hands tingle.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Pastry of the Year posted:

Gah, this image is making my hands tingle.

I know. Can you imagine having butterfingers and accidentally letting go of a comic so good that high up. The devastation as it floats away seemingly forever.

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry
Just reach out and grab for it, you pussy. What's the worst thing that can happen?

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Let's do the space-time warp again!

If you snatch a book out of the air you'd almost certainly crumple a couple pages, if you didn't rip something completely. It would be a nightmare!

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry
You're right, I didn't think that through at all.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

What kind of a maniac reads a valuable piece like that with their BARE HANDS :stonk:

That Ignorant Sap
Nov 20, 2010

YOU AIN'T LOOKIN' AT A
BUNCH OF RHINOS, HERE.

Flesh Forge posted:

What kind of a maniac reads a valuable piece like that with their BARE HANDS :stonk:

OUTSIDE, no less! The sunlight will fade it! Jesus Christ... :argh:

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

It's probably really windy up there too.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

Think of all the DIRT there must have been up there, building under construction etc :psyboom:

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Also birds hate comics more than cars.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Jake Wyatt's Necropolis comic now has it's own website.

http://necropoliscomic.tumblr.com/

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
Does anybody have those pages where, I think, Thor after being abandoned by the hammer is fighting this badass hopeless battle to the death and he's all like no I'm not givingeth up and it just cuts to the hammer flying to him because him standing up to impossible odds meant he was a monumental badass and worthy of wielding Mjolnir?

EDIT: I think he was with Lady Thor actually and he absent-mindedly picks up Mjolnir without even realizing it.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

Say Nothing posted:

Jake Wyatt's Necropolis comic now has it's own website.

http://necropoliscomic.tumblr.com/

Did he just start it? Three pages so far?

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Calaveron posted:

Does anybody have those pages where, I think, Thor after being abandoned by the hammer is fighting this badass hopeless battle to the death and he's all like no I'm not givingeth up and it just cuts to the hammer flying to him because him standing up to impossible odds meant he was a monumental badass and worthy of wielding Mjolnir?

EDIT: I think he was with Lady Thor actually and he absent-mindedly picks up Mjolnir without even realizing it.

Are you thinking of the recent Beyonder fight? That's his hopeless battle to the death, but instead of Mjolnir working, his UNworthy hammer stops working.

New Avengers #32

FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

Why, yes, I do like Kirby games.
I'm drawing a huge blank, but I figure since the panels have been posted here plenty of times, someone will be able to answer: what was the name of that really old superhero (in terms of creation date, not physical age) whose powerset seemed to be 'wait until the bad guys fling everyone on Earth into space or something, then toy with them like a god as punishment'?

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

FredMSloniker posted:

I'm drawing a huge blank, but I figure since the panels have been posted here plenty of times, someone will be able to answer: what was the name of that really old superhero (in terms of creation date, not physical age) whose powerset seemed to be 'wait until the bad guys fling everyone on Earth into space or something, then toy with them like a god as punishment'?

Stardust the Super Wizard.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Less hero, more madman with powers.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006

Teenage Fansub posted:

Are you thinking of the recent Beyonder fight? That's his hopeless battle to the death, but instead of Mjolnir working, his UNworthy hammer stops working.

New Avengers #32

Yes, thank you. My memory was REALLY cloudy on the details, wow.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.

Flesh Forge posted:

Did he just start it? Three pages so far?

He posted a few pages as an experiment and people got really stoked.

He then did a bunch of really designed pages doing like a preview.

At that point, a publisher (Image?) picked up the story. I think he has the first issue done and is posting it a page at a time on tumblr before making a physical book.

He also did some Marvel work in there somewhere that delayed him.

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Let's do the space-time warp again!

Calaveron posted:

Yes, thank you. My memory was REALLY cloudy on the details, wow.

There is one more page to go with that, which I think is required:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

squirrelzipper
Nov 2, 2011

Ashcans posted:

There is one more page to go with that, which I think is required:

Yeah that's badass. Gonna have to pick those up. I last read Thor up to the point he defeated the sword of God killing, which was awesome. Looks like I have more to find (in Avengers books doh)

squirrelzipper fucked around with this message at 06:31 on May 16, 2015