Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

XBenedict
May 23, 2006

YOUR LIPS SAY 0, BUT YOUR EYES SAY 1.

Other than Luke Ayling being one of the ugliest mugs on the planet...the kit is nice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stickyfngrdboy
Oct 21, 2010

Crunkjuice posted:

Fixed it for ya. I don't think jozy even knows what a vegetable is.

what the gently caress is that a photoshop

Crunkjuice
Apr 4, 2007

That could've gotten in my eye!
*launches teargas at unarmed protestors*

I THINK OAKLAND PD'S USE OF EXCESSIVE FORCE WAS JUSTIFIED!

stickyfngrdboy posted:

what the gently caress is that a photoshop

Nope. That's a real product.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021
This is definitely fake but too hilarious not to share

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

Andre Le Fuckface
Oct 4, 2008

:pwm:

Always cup the balls, it's just common courtesy

Thrifting Day!
Nov 25, 2006

Hmm, warrior/New Balance have not completely hosed up a kit. Strange.

Cpt. Mahatma Gandhi
Mar 26, 2005

reformed bad troll posted:

Warrior (and I guess New Balance) homes have always been fine, it's the aways and thirds that tread into bizarro land.

Barvo
Feb 19, 2008

by Ralp

No one would bother getting creative enough to have a chance of loving up an Irish team's kit. Waste of time.

hyper from Pixie Sticks
Sep 28, 2004

Cpt. Mahatma Gandhi posted:

Warrior (and I guess New Balance) homes have always been fine, it's the aways and thirds that tread into bizarro land.

Surprisingly, the away is also a good kit.

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

Semprini posted:

Surprisingly, the away is also a good kit.

Just you wait until they release a 3rd kit that looks like someone vomited on it (and they'll sell it as "a tribute to a night out in Glasgow")

But yes, they're two actually good-looking shirts.

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

For this recipie you will need:
Football match (Halftime of), Celebrity Owner (Motivational speaking of), Sherry (Bottle of)
Hmm we need a kit to wear for when we play other teams that use white or green, how about a nice green and white number.

hyper from Pixie Sticks
Sep 28, 2004

Blue Star Error posted:

Hmm we need a kit to wear for when we play other teams that use white or green, how about a nice green and white number.
Celtic normally have to wear their away when other teams have too much white (so, Zenit).

No-one in our division wears green. Hibs might come up, but the needs and views of Hibs don't deserve consideration.

Tunga
May 7, 2004

Grimey Drawer
The thing is, second kits are no longer the thing you wear when the other team's kit clashes with your first kit, rather they are the thing that you wear by default in away games unless it clashes. And every team has three kits anyway. There's no particular reason for home/away kits to be different colours as long as you have some disgusting orange and pink third option to fall back on.

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Ballers...I put numbers on the boards

Tunga posted:

The thing is, second kits are no longer the thing you wear when the other team's kit clashes with your first kit, rather they are the thing that you wear by default in away games unless it clashes. And every team has three kits anyway. There's no particular reason for home/away kits to be different colours as long as you have some disgusting orange and pink third option to fall back on.

That's not true at all. At least not in the Premier League. Are you talking specifically about Scotland?

For anyone in Europe, the third kit is usually just for those competitions and any clashes in the league. Reminds me of a situation around 10 years ago when Liverpool played Marseille in the last game of the CL groups. Both teams had European kits that they hadn't had to wear yet and both faced the possibility of elimination that night. Both clubs also had their kits made by adidas, so naturally even though neither's home kit clashed, they both wore the Euro ones.

edit: it's also another kit to sell to fans, as are training kits, with their own sponsor.

Tunga
May 7, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Mickolution posted:

That's not true at all. At least not in the Premier League. Are you talking specifically about Scotland?
I watch the PL every week (QPR, so not for much longer). Teams generally wear their away kit for away games even when their home kit would look fine.

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Official Manchester United Posting Partner 2015/16
Fan of Britches

Tunga posted:

I watch the PL every week (QPR, so not for much longer). Teams generally wear their away kit for away games even when their home kit would look fine.

Just checked your away games since the turn of the year

Liverpool - wore home kit
Villa - wore home kit
West Brom - wore away
Palace - wore 3rd kit
Hull - wore home
Sunderland - wore home
Stoke - wore home
Burnley - wore home

So yeah you're talking bollocks mate

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Ballers...I put numbers on the boards

Tunga posted:

As Taff said, that's not even close to true. QPR might clash with anyone with white stripes/hoops or any blue on their kit so maybe they wear their away more than other clubs (I haven't noticed this if it is the case), but nobody else does.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

I'd be averting my eyes watching QPR away games too

Tunga
May 7, 2004

Grimey Drawer

The Big Taff Man posted:

Liverpool - wore home kit
Villa - wore home kit
West Brom - wore away
Palace - wore 3rd kit
Hull - wore home
Sunderland - wore home
Stoke - wore home
Burnley - wore home
Our away kit is red/black stripes so it clashes with all six of those teams that we wore our home kit against.

For QPR specifically we definitely tend to wear our away kit for away matches where it doesn't clash, regardless of whether the home kit would have worked fine.

I may be wrong in thinking that this applies to every team. I feel like I see a lot of away kits at Loftus Road but this might just be that our kits clash a lot. Having blue/white for home and red/black for away means pretty every kit in existence will clash with one of them!

St Evan Echoes posted:

I'd be averting my eyes watching QPR away games too
No arguments here.

Tunga fucked around with this message at 16:46 on May 7, 2015

Thrifting Day!
Nov 25, 2006

Tunga posted:

Our away kit is red/black stripes so it clashes with all six of those teams that we wore our home kit against.

For QPR specifically we definitely tend to wear our away kit for away matches where it doesn't clash, regardless of whether the home kit would have worked fine.

I may be wrong in thinking that this applies to every team. I feel like I see a lot of away kits at Loftus Road but this might just be that our kits clash a lot. Having blue/white for home and red/black for away means pretty every kit in existence will clash with one of them!

No arguments here.

Away kits don't work like that. You wear the away kit when your HOME kit clashes. Not the other way round.

You were wrong. Chin up and move on.

stickyfngrdboy
Oct 21, 2010
none of that is relevant. clashes aside, teams wear kits so people buy the replica versions, it makes no difference who they're playing or where.

Tunga
May 7, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Away kits don't work like that. You wear the away kit when your HOME kit clashes. Not the other way round.
Had a quick look, found Hull and Burnley who both wore their away kits against us at Loftus Road this season, as did Arsenal but that one may be a shorts/socks clash (we have a blue short/sock version but we never wear it at home).

stickyfngrdboy posted:

none of that is relevant. clashes aside, teams wear kits so people buy the replica versions, it makes no difference who they're playing or where.
This is true, of course. Our third kit last season was Lotus colours because Fernandes thought he could sell it to F1 fans or something. And we kept wearing it even when our away kit would have been fine. It was ghastly.

Tunga fucked around with this message at 19:39 on May 8, 2015

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL
+

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire
It's not bad it's just boring.

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
that's loving terrible. it looks like he's wearing one shirt over another.

whats the significance of the three white diamonds on the burgundy hem?

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Eau de MacGowan posted:

that's loving terrible. it looks like he's wearing one shirt over another.

whats the significance of the three white diamonds on the burgundy hem?

Number of Reichs.

Barvo
Feb 19, 2008

by Ralp
That's not bad, but your coach is!!1

Thrifting Day!
Nov 25, 2006

Gigi Galli posted:

Number of Reichs.

Please don't steal jokes from earlier in the thread.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Please don't steal jokes from earlier in the thread.

That was the answer I got when I asked so I assume it's true.

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Che storia figata, ragazzo!

Your Muller's battery is low

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

Already stated but yeah, super boring and it looks like he has 2 shirts on. 5/10 average kit.

Jean-Paul Shartre
Jan 16, 2015

this sentence no verb

actually kind of like it tbh

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Even the Adidas shoulder stripes are barely visible. It all looks a bit too barebones IMO.

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

Gigi Galli posted:

That was the answer I got when I asked so I assume it's true.

:colbert:

Gigi Galli posted:

Eh, it's not terrible it's just boring. What're the three diamonds for?

Bobby Digital posted:

One for each reich.

Barvo
Feb 19, 2008

by Ralp

Vegetable posted:

Even the Adidas shoulder stripes are barely visible.

That's why it is good, op

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

Tunga posted:

This is true, of course. Our third kit last season was Lotus colours because Fernandes thought he could sell it to F1 fans or something. And we kept wearing it even when our away kit would have been fine. It was ghastly.

I didn't remember this kit.

I looked up this kit.

Ghastly barely covers it.

Thrifting Day!
Nov 25, 2006

That neckline :gerty:

Russ
Dec 17, 2005

Chimping around, kick my brains round the floor
These are the days - it never rains but it pours

Why arent the diamonds white all the way along the bottom of Thomas' top instead of just in the Muller Corner

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Real Name Grover
Feb 13, 2002

Like corn on the cob
Fan of Britches

Good lord that's ridiculous