Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text

Irish Joe posted:

Achievements have been out for a week and I've yet to see any shirtless Gambits roaming about. The autists are slacking.

Frank could be getting close

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sinister_Beekeeper
Oct 20, 2012

Nodoze posted:

Mag can't have his cause Spain sucks :argh:

Is this a joke I am not getting or what?

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos

Sinister_Beekeeper posted:

Is this a joke I am not getting or what?

In UMvC3, Magneto's alternate costume was canned because it looked exactly like the King of Spain to the point that there was no way it was accidental.

It was even more obvious in the comic art. You'd be forgiven for thinking it was traced.

Spain didn't like that.

Mr. Peabody
Dec 30, 2011

Go on funny man, make me laugh!

Eiffel On You posted:

I love how the gif cuts off his name tag. I can't even tell if he is cosmic or not. I gotta assume he is or at least Red 60??

Little guy was completely dedicated to racon. A full cosmic 60. /salute

fix yr hearts
Feb 9, 2011

things you cannot touch:
my heart
Magneto's costume in House of M is basically stolen from the actual king of Spain, and they won't let Marvel use it.

It was included in Marvel vs. Capcom 3, but patched out after Spain complained.

E: beaten badly and with examples

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
Is ranged Vision a thing now or is it just a leveling spec?

cl_gibcount 9999
Aug 15, 2002

why wouldn't the king of spain want such a venerable honor???

cl_gibcount 9999
Aug 15, 2002

Vasudus posted:

Is ranged Vision a thing now or is it just a leveling spec?

yes he totally is, he has 2 different ranged builds

I posted them back at release... right here

my point dump skill is Healing Nanites which I just edited into that post

he's good and very fun imo

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011

cl_gibcount 9999 posted:

It was probably something such as profiting off his likeness without any kind of approval. As the king was quoted, "What right you have? What have you done!?"

Too Shy Guy
Jun 14, 2003

I have destroyed more of your kind than I can count.

Juan Carlos Was Right

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Is there anything in the Axis raid that's as turrible for Mister Fantastic as the sisters fight in Muspelheim? I just tried that for the first time on red and it seemed like a Ziggurat is basically required. That was the first time his copious animation lock and bad movement power really bothered me.

funkmeister
Feb 20, 2010

About your father. If it's any help, he's in the ground now. Sure, it's bad news for him. But on the other hand, it's party time for all those little worms.
Zig+2sec invuln is required on Dad period, yes.

Sinister_Beekeeper
Oct 20, 2012

cl_gibcount 9999 posted:

Spain has an...interesting history regarding Jewish folks that maybe some of those implications might still not sit very well.

I suspect Prince Charles would probably go along with it though so maybe Gaz should hit him up.

Sinister_Beekeeper fucked around with this message at 18:31 on May 9, 2015

Grinning Goblin
Oct 11, 2004

Maybe Magneto didn't have the proper amount of inbreeding to wear that.

Sinister_Beekeeper
Oct 20, 2012

Grinning Goblin posted:

Maybe Magneto didn't have the proper amount of inbreeding to wear that.

Or Juan Carlos didn't want to hurt Spain's relations with Latveria.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Eiffel On You posted:

Random Hero Box Calculator. This is amusing.

http://zlumer.github.io/mh-random/
The one in this forum post (scroll down to the version numbers) is more detailed and accounts for difference in splinter cost:

https://forums.marvelheroes.com/discussion/147732/random-hero-box-calculator-1-05

Whoa, does that mean I knew something ICR didn't :gaz:

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

CrashCat posted:

Whoa, does that mean I knew something ICR didn't :gaz:
get used to this feeling

BearPlayingGuitar
Nov 30, 2011
Could anyone add me to the SG. My IGN is Dehexel. Flying around exploding poo poo with Iron Man is pretty fun. And I bought Venom with my 400 splinters but saving him until I finish up iron man.

FranktheBank
May 14, 2007
In the beginning...the universe was created. his has been widely regarded as a bad move and has made a lot of people very angry.

Eiffel On You posted:

Random Hero Box Calculator. This is amusing.

http://zlumer.github.io/mh-random/

Oh... 0% chance.

Donde Esta
Sep 6, 2006

:getin:

Prism posted:

In UMvC3, Magneto's alternate costume was canned because it looked exactly like the King of Spain to the point that there was no way it was accidental.

It was even more obvious in the comic art. You'd be forgiven for thinking it was traced.

Spain didn't like that.

Is that a Greg Land work of art because if so you'd also be forgiven for being correct.

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED
Veteran Moonies, what do you do for uru, GoM or PD? Most builds I've seen seem to interchange the two really

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Like a hollow-point bullet
Straight to the head
I never missed...you
Is the DoT inflicted by Hawkeye's World's Greatest Archer passive no longer considered a bleed? The power lost the Bleed tag (which Precise Aim did possess, pre-update), but Combat Training doesn't have that tag either yet its description highlights the word "bleed". :shrug:

Edit: apparently it still inflicts a bleed, or at any rate it makes the "bleeding" visual effect appear on the target. So, maybe? :iiam:

MMAgCh fucked around with this message at 21:53 on May 9, 2015

NotALizardman
Jun 5, 2011

Midnightghoul posted:

Veteran Moonies, what do you do for uru, GoM or PD? Most builds I've seen seem to interchange the two really

GoM if you haven't hit 50 in GF, PD if you have.

candide
Jun 16, 2002

The Tipping Point
Max build points is 162, correct? I'm coming back to the game after a year hiatus and my level 60 Luke Cage only has 158 points. I'm trying out a build from the OP but I'm 4 points short.. what gives?

malhavok
Jan 18, 2013

tenaciousduy posted:

Max build points is 162, correct? I'm coming back to the game after a year hiatus and my level 60 Luke Cage only has 158 points. I'm trying out a build from the OP but I'm 4 points short.. what gives?

You are missing four points, make sure you did hood, fisk, shield science station and talked to stringer bell on every difficulty.

ransome
Dec 27, 2012

Cosmic, Baby!

tenaciousduy posted:

12 points are from story mode quests, 4 in each difficulty.

ch 2: pursuing the hood
ch 4: the kingpin falls
ch 7: infestation most vile
ch 9: a frosty reception

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos

Donde Esta posted:

Is that a Greg Land work of art because if so you'd also be forgiven for being correct.

I have no idea. I don't follow comics very much.

It really does look traced though, so I wouldn't be surprised if it's him if he's known for doing that.

candide
Jun 16, 2002

The Tipping Point
Ahh that must be it. Danke

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Don't forget that for the Chapter 9 points, you only have to speak to Heimdall and click OK. Once that's done, you can bodyslide out if you don't feel like fighting Kurse.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.
where's wallace, heimdall? where's the boy?

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text
you can see everyone but you can't see omar coming

Afraid of Audio
Oct 12, 2012

by exmarx

NotALizardman posted:

GoM if you haven't hit 50 in GF, PD if you have.

pd always actually

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Are you taking notes on an asgardian loving conspiracy?

Sion
Oct 16, 2004

"I'm the boss of space. That's plenty."

Donde Esta posted:

It is. I remember the leaked email about the difference between inspiration and plagiarism after this poo poo.

cl_gibcount 9999
Aug 15, 2002

he should have traced from a portrait of queen elizabeth instead

Kainser
Apr 27, 2010

O'er the sea from the north
there sails a ship
With the people of Hel
at the helm stands Loki
After the wolf
do wild men follow

Sion posted:

It is. I remember the leaked email about the difference between inspiration and plagiarism after this poo poo.

He didn't draw that.

e; It was Mike Mayhew for the record.

LizardBeam
May 17, 2005
Not an AmphiBeam
Started playing just yesterday, and got Silver Surfer with one of my rando boxes from the day 2 gift. I have to say, I really enjoy how he talks about wanting to avoid wanton destruction while just blasting the poo poo out of everything and anything whenever you board dash anywhere.

PrinnySquadron
Dec 8, 2009

I haven't played since before She-hulk was released, did she turn out to be good, or not worth bothering with? Have any other characters had their re-works?

NotALizardman
Jun 5, 2011

this crimefighter title is making me want to kill myself

i don't know how you guys did it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

New guys. Join the SG. We will help you become expert MH players. Thanks.

Everything is great to the questions above.

• Locked thread