Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Zaphod42 posted:

Halo: MCC is still broken, and Killzone shadowfall sucks. I guess if you mean things like Wolfenstein but I'd rather play that with a mouse and keyboard.

What's wrong with the Master Chief Collection, out of curiosity?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

morallyobjected
Nov 3, 2012

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Let's just look at some recent posts in the thread:

Napolean Bonerfarts posted:

There's supposed to be a hotfix releasing today because there was an issue with the latest patch where players with lots of friends on their friends lists couldn't connect/join games.

Napolean Bonerfarts posted:

You're not in the Xbox Preview Program by any chance are you? People are reporting that the Wireless Display (Miracast) app is causing issues with the game searching for matches. Something about an ad-hoc wi-fi connection or whatnot. Try uninstalling it if you have it. If you're not then it's probably just you—just saying. Maybe uninstall some Xbox apps and check your router/internet settings.

Booties posted:

Just wanted to bump this thread so I can keep bitching about the problem I have where I can not get into a single loving match.

gently caress you 343. gently caress your lovely loving game, gently caress your stupid loving updates, gently caress your bitch rear end PR team. Go to loving hell.

Schremp Howard
Jul 18, 2010

What attitude problem?

Neddy Seagoon posted:

If you google Master Chief Collection, the top result is a news article where 343 calls it a "black eye" on the franchise while promising Halo 5 won't have the same problems.

Unrelated, Race the Sun is a fun way to lose track of time. It fits in nicely with Resogun and BoI as "I'll play a few rounds... wait, it's WHAT time now?" games.

Tempo 119
Apr 17, 2006

robodex posted:

The motion blur was bad, but I think the problem is they added some really amazing light/fog effects in an effort to pretty up the game but did absolutely nothing to make the models/textures look good. Yeah, graphics aren't everything but there was zero reason it needed to be on the PS4 since it's literally an upscaled PSP game with nice lighting effects. It's ugly as gently caress.

I mean, it's not a terrible game but charging $60 (or $80 after tax in Canada) for what amounted to a low-effort HD port (not even a remaster) was pretty lovely.

It's a full-on tragedy it looks so bad, because if you read the digital foundry article the port house actually did a really really good job putting the game on a modern engine, only for Square-Enix proper to put zero effort into up-scaling the PSP art assets.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

morallyobjected posted:

Let's just look at some recent posts in the thread:

lol it reads like every PC game thread ever, jesus

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon

Tempo 119 posted:

It's a full-on tragedy it looks so bad, because if you read the digital foundry article the port house actually did a really really good job putting the game on a modern engine, only for Square-Enix proper to put zero effort into up-scaling the PSP art assets.

If they took out he motion blur, it might be playable. I get sick even thinking about it.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Neddy Seagoon posted:

It had a lot of problems on release with matchmaking. Which made it pretty much impossible to actually play any of the multiplayer part, you know, they big thing about the product. It was so bad that if you had purchased the MCC before a certain date they're giving you the Xbone remaster of ODST for free.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

bloodychill posted:

If they took out he motion blur, it might be playable. I get sick even thinking about it.

Yeah it's really overdone. Tone that poo poo down and it wouldn't be an issue at all.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Man, Valiant Hearts sure is depressing.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
I'm thinking about buying DMC, since I haven't played a game like that in a long time and I guess there will never be another better DMC or Ninja Gaiden game (and Bayonetta went console exclusive). Does anyone think a price drop is in its immediate future?

muscles like this? posted:

Man, Valiant Hearts sure is depressing.
For me, "war is hell" fiction is way more important to get out there than "war is awesome" fiction.

The weirdest thing was the movie Fury, which started out like the former and then suddenly changed to the latter like nothing had happened.

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy
I'm way, way late to the party on this, but I just found out that none of the GTAV single player save data can be transferred to PS4. That pretty much guarantees I'll never play it even though it was bundled with my PS4. I spent forever getting all those damned UFO pieces and murder mystery scraps and whatever else. If I do wind up playing it again, I'll have to use cheats to even make re-playing lots of the story campaign fun or tolerable.

That Fucking Sned
Oct 28, 2010

Samurai Sanders posted:

I'm thinking about buying DMC, since I haven't played a game like that in a long time and I guess there will never be another better DMC or Ninja Gaiden game (and Bayonetta went console exclusive). Does anyone think a price drop is in its immediate future?

Apart from GTAV, all the remasters have been on sale a few months after they came out.

I'm still waiting for DmC to go on sale, since the new version seems to fix all the gameplay problems I had with the original version. It was still a decent game when it came out, but now I won't be struggling with the wonky auto lock-on.

DMC4 Special Edition is a day one purchase for me, though.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
Speaking of GTA5 PS4, did they ever integrate the useful features of online (big minimap, car insurance, etc) into single player?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

That loving Sned posted:

Apart from GTAV, all the remasters have been on sale a few months after they came out.

sleeping dogs seems like its always way more than other remasters too but thats probably a square thing and not a demand thing.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

I'm more upset they couldn't get 60 FPS for the PS4 version.

rally
Nov 19, 2002

yospos

Harlock posted:

I'm more upset they couldn't get 60 FPS for the PS4 version.

I would have been happy with a solid 30 and it isn't even close.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

rally posted:

I would have been happy with a solid 30 and it isn't even close.
That was the first PS3 -> PS4 port of a major game, right? I guess being first meant they didn't exactly know how to do it.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Samurai Sanders posted:

That was the first PS3 -> PS4 port of a major game, right? I guess being first meant they didn't exactly know how to do it.

tlou?

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
And even though they launched simultaneously you could probably say that CoD: Ghosts and AC: Black Flag were basically PS3 ports

edit: Injustice came out before Sleeping Dogs too

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007

Samurai Sanders posted:

Nah, it was just very lazy. Tomb Raider was a better port (also by square enix)

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

So is Airmech Arena a free PS+ game? Someone told me it was but I didn't see it on any of the lists. Or is it just a F2P thing. Either way it looks kind of rad and I'm looking forward to trying it out today.

Obsurveyor
Jan 10, 2003

NESguerilla posted:

So is Airmech Arena a free PS+ game? Someone told me it was but I didn't see it on any of the lists. Or is it just a F2P thing. Either way it looks kind of rad and I'm looking forward to trying it out today.

I think it's F2P but PSN got it a week earlier, if I understood an earlier post correctly.

That Fucking Sned
Oct 28, 2010

Real hurthling! posted:

sleeping dogs seems like its always way more than other remasters too but thats probably a square thing and not a demand thing.

I think it's on sale on the EU store right now for £11.99, but it and Saints Row IV are pretty poor ports if you have an old PC that can still run them at 1080p60 on max settings.

The problem with some of these games were that their PC ports were too good. I'd love to have versions of Saints Row 2 or Deadly Premonition that were guaranteed to work, the Mass Effect trilogy where you didn't have to mod in controller support, and definitely Dark Souls where sliding down ladders with 60 fps hacked in doesn't sometimes make you fall through the floor. Resident Evil 4 got an entirely new PC port, but most of these other games are no longer supported and would only get any effort put in if they were ported to a new platform.

Capcom significantly improving the Devil May Cry games is a great excuse to buy the new versions though, and I'd love to have some of the better PS3 exclusives since there was never the option to play those at a higher resolution or framerate. A lot of the later games like Ratchet & Clank: Into the Nexus, Beyond: Two Souls, and Puppeteer could easily have been PS4 launch games and still looked better than other games at the time.

Seymour Butts
Jun 26, 2003
I break girls in like baseball gloves
If anyone has The Golf Club, give me an invite. I have no idea how to play with people live and I have no friends online since I just got a PS4.

PSN: SAdaptoid

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy

echronorian posted:

Nah, it was just very lazy. Tomb Raider was a better port (also by square enix)

Still didn't have a consistent framerate or 60fps.

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Say, do you know how to do the walk?
So how is toukiden? Is it any fun?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

blackguy32 posted:

So how is toukiden? Is it any fun?

If you like the idea of Monster Hunter mostly paired down to killing big monsters then crafting poo poo from their bits and none of the other stuff and also being a bit more straight forwards twitch actiony then yeah.

Tempo 119
Apr 17, 2006

Sakurazuka posted:

If you like the idea of Monster Hunter mostly paired down to killing big monsters then crafting poo poo from their bits and none of the other stuff and also being a bit more straight forwards twitch actiony then yeah.

Never really Hunted a Monster before, what other stuff is there

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

gardening

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

Samurai Sanders posted:

Speaking of GTA5 PS4, did they ever integrate the useful features of online (big minimap, car insurance, etc) into single player?

Nope. The heist update also didn't add a thing to SP.

Rockstar only cares about their MMO. It brings in microtransaction money.

Mokinokaro fucked around with this message at 00:18 on May 10, 2015

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

big mean giraffe posted:

Still didn't have a consistent framerate or 60fps.

Tomb Raider had a largely stable 60fps. (On PS4, not on XBone.)

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Went through The Unfinished Swan and it definitely had a stronger start than end.

Mokinokaro posted:

Nope. The heist update also didn't add a thing to SP.

Rockstar only cares about their MMO. It brings in microtransaction money.

If you only ever played it at release they did end up making some changes to SP, like adding in the quick menu and letting you do stuff like changing hats, glasses and masks without having to go to a wardrobe.

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy

Dewgy posted:

Tomb Raider had a largely stable 60fps. (On PS4, not on XBone.)

XBone was capped at 30, but PS4 had plenty of spots where it dipped, sometimes almost to 30.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

muscles like this? posted:

If you only ever played it at release they did end up making some changes to SP, like adding in the quick menu and letting you do stuff like changing hats, glasses and masks without having to go to a wardrobe.

Yeah, which makes things weirder. Porting the mechanic and online properties to SP shouldn't be TOO hard and would improve the game.

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Someday coach Im going to throw for 6 TDs in the Super Bowl.

Sit your ass down Steve.
What are people's impressions of Old Blood? I never played New Order and saw the amazon deal for both of them and am looking for a not serious shooter.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Rad Valtar posted:

What are people's impressions of Old Blood? I never played New Order and saw the amazon deal for both of them and am looking for a not serious shooter.
I played a little bit of it on Tuesday (the day it came out), but I got stuck on this loving stupid extended stealth sequence near the beginning and I haven't felt like coming back to the game because of it. I don't know who the gently caress thought that was a good idea, putting something like that near the beginning of the game.

I guess if a ton of people rave about it, then I'll try picking it up again. But I haven't really heard anyone say it's amazing since it came out. In fact I haven't heard anyone say much of anything about it at all.

Bushmaori
Mar 8, 2009

Rad Valtar posted:

As above said, the intro is weak rear end poo poo.

So far the rest is loving rad. I just killed a literal grammar Nazi.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦
Old Blood is awesome, though I'm finding it more draining to play than TNO for some reason, it's harder to go long stretches. They're both fantastic games though, very nice mash up of the spray'n'pray feel of the original Wolf 3D and a modern FPS engine.

big mean giraffe posted:

XBone was capped at 30, but PS4 had plenty of spots where it dipped, sometimes almost to 30.

If I remember right, the DF article comparing the two found that the PS4 dipped to at worst 28fps, which is pretty drat stable. I know it's not perfect, but that game's pretty as hell on PS4.

Dewgy fucked around with this message at 01:26 on May 10, 2015

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

agreed. i was blown away climbing that radio tower.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Say, do you know how to do the walk?

Rad Valtar posted:

I found it much better than tno. It was a blast especially if you loved the beginning section of return to castle wolfenstein

• Locked thread