Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

If there's a goon guild to join I'll do that, and if not then whatever. I'd just like some people to play with while I'm playing tera, even though I can't guarantee how long it'll be.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wassbix
May 24, 2006
Thanks guy!

Super Space Jam 64 posted:

I've been trying to get in touch with you but I can't remember which of the horrible names polluting my steam friends list is you. I've been leveling my mystic a bit but it'd be fun to play together again. I had a lot of fun when we were a ghetto static of three farming kelsaik's to help gear each other up, the game's a lot of fun when you don't have to ever deal with the lovely community outside of our circle.

edit: my character is also apparently still in DGKK and there's a long list of applicants, mostly pub but a handful of goons as well... I don't have permission to accept applicants and DGKK is totally dead at the moment, but if you transfer permission to Kilobyte I can try to get the ball rolling again I guess. Probably better to try to resurrect NFA though.

I think the last person to have permission was Adrenal (RIP Died in Shower). I'll see if my dudes are in DGGK

I'm reinstalling and I'm gonna try to convince my friend to join so we can re-assemble CS Krew. Yeah the community was awful and NFA was pretty bad barring the couple normal folks.

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Pubbies got really angry when I told them that killing new players in lumbertown on a 65 is like popping bubblewrap: highly satisfying and they make a fantastic sound when they die. They were debating the difference between PKing and griefing, because there is one I guess?

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
It's silly because you can just change channels and I've never had anyone follow me through channel changes.

Also: Gunner owns. Too bad it's Castanic/Elf only but still.

ttocs7
Sep 14, 2010
Disappointing to see that NFA seems done. I'd hop along for a goon group/guild, I'm enjoying gunner so far (and I'll probably use the double XP event to finish leveling my lancer and warrior).

KaneTW
Dec 2, 2011

NFA seemed fine when I was levelling my gunner today. I don't think it's a good idea to revive the goon guild again considering how dead it'd be after a month even if there are enough people right now.

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

My many CoX, always poised, always ready, always willing to thrust.

KaneTW posted:

NFA seemed fine when I was levelling my gunner today.

Agreed, lots of activity.

Also gunner owns.

ttocs7
Sep 14, 2010
Oh, good to hear! Just sent in an app on my Gunner, then.

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Same, please let Cannon.Senpai into your lives.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

KaneTW posted:

NFA seemed fine when I was levelling my gunner today. I don't think it's a good idea to revive the goon guild again considering how dead it'd be after a month even if there are enough people right now.

Even if people only play for like a week I mean you might as well.

Phosphia
Jan 29, 2013

Oh you.. :>
It almost took the entire day to get this downloaded from steam and now I get all sorts of errors. This is k-tera all over again.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
I'm jumping from free MMO to free MMO right now intil Heavensward comes out and wow between SWTOR's ultra-fast storymode and Gunner here I'm set. Is the 2x exp event going on right now for subscribers only or for everyone? If it's the latter can you subscribe for a month and get even faster exp?

Also you can scale down this beautiful game hilariously well:

Phosphia
Jan 29, 2013

Whitelisted the game for my anti virus, it runs fine now. Gunner is actually pretty fun.

e: what the hell is going on with people in Velika :stare:

Phosphia fucked around with this message at 17:10 on May 7, 2015

Wassbix
May 24, 2006
Thanks guy!

KaneTW posted:

Could you give one my characters in DGKK officer for invites (you're Crowd in game right?). It'll mostly be for inviting few friends that I used to run Corsairs with (and goons who still want to be in ded guild for some reason???). We just want to relive the glory of filling Top 100 boards with DGKKs for fun. Characters I still have in DGKK is Kill Whitey and Kill Whites.Level.Up or you can give it to Kilobyte or Animes.Amongst.Anime.

We just wanna rep ded guild DGKK 4 lyfe

Blorknorg
Jul 19, 2003
Crush me like a Blorknorg!

Pierson posted:

I'm jumping from free MMO to free MMO right now intil Heavensward comes out and wow between SWTOR's ultra-fast storymode and Gunner here I'm set. Is the 2x exp event going on right now for subscribers only or for everyone? If it's the latter can you subscribe for a month and get even faster exp?

Also you can scale down this beautiful game hilariously well:

2x exp is for everyone. Also it stacks with any exp booster you use (additional not multiplicative). You also get boxes of free items for certain level chunks you pass. There basically isn't a better time to try the game out than right now especially if you want to try anything but a gunner, because you'll get dungeon groups ten thousand times faster.

ttocs7
Sep 14, 2010
I've heard rumors that it also stacks with elite XP, but I haven't tried it yet. I got a one-day voucher in the mail, and I'll probably use that over the weekend when I have more time to play.

I think I remember reading something about a coupon that lets you get 3 days of elite when I first logged in a couple days ago, but I forget what/where it was, or if it's still active.

tearshed
Mar 26, 2010

Leave it to me!

ttocs7 posted:

I've heard rumors that it also stacks with elite XP, but I haven't tried it yet. I got a one-day voucher in the mail, and I'll probably use that over the weekend when I have more time to play.

I think I remember reading something about a coupon that lets you get 3 days of elite when I first logged in a couple days ago, but I forget what/where it was, or if it's still active.
http://tera.enmasse.com/news/posts/play-tera-and-earn-elite-status

quote:

The 3-day code “elitefreedays” is no longer active.

Blorknorg
Jul 19, 2003
Crush me like a Blorknorg!

ttocs7 posted:

Exp boosts that you consume don't stack with elite status, but the event does. You'll get at least one free one day elite voucher while levelling up. I think the first I got was at level 12.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
Gunners being pretty rad makes me wonder, what are reapers like? I'll never play one unless other races can be them but I'm curious either way.

ttocs7
Sep 14, 2010
Good to know, thanks.

So ideally, I use a XP boost one day, and the one-day Elite another. I have a one hour boost that I got for an achievement or something, so I'll probably use that when doing a dungeon tonight...assuming the SM queues aren't terrible.

Groggy nard
Aug 6, 2013

How does into botes?

Anatharon posted:

Gunners being pretty rad makes me wonder, what are reapers like? I'll never play one unless other races can be them but I'm curious either way.

Whipsaw is balanced.

Basically Reapers and Gunners have made most other forms of DPS look bad/boring/difficult.

KaneTW
Dec 2, 2011

I gave cathead and someone else invite privs.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

I have gotten dangerously used to this super high exp rate (and also gunners being overpowered as hell in pve). I am going to be very sad when it disappears.

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~
Why can the gunner cast their basic attack on the move while other classes can't?

cathead
Jan 21, 2004

Yeah, I and a few other dudes have officer in DGKK now, so if you want to be there instead of NFA for whatever reason just apply and put some dumb goon poo poo in the comment. I'm not on that much since DFO is taking up most of my time but I'll try and check once a day at least.

Misren
Nov 30, 2014

First the doctor told me the good news: I was going to have a disease named after me.

Mr. Neutron posted:

Why can the gunner cast their basic attack on the move while other classes can't?

stop being so negative

Phosphia
Jan 29, 2013

I'm having a lot more fun on my Gunner than I thought I would.The leveling process is significantly easier now from what it used to be. If you've played the game before I'd recommend trying it out again, especially with the new class.

ContraceptiveCereal
Mar 27, 2010
A friend of mine is trying to play with me and he keeps running into 'diskwrite error' when it reaches 98%. Any ideas?

Error: 0113:0005
Game execution failure:

EDIT: Anti-virus shenanigans. Fixed!

Any consensus on which goon guild to join?

ContraceptiveCereal fucked around with this message at 05:32 on May 9, 2015

Sanzio037
Dec 9, 2013
Gunner is fun. Blowing poo poo up is fun.. just sayin'.

ttocs7
Sep 14, 2010
Yeah, gunner is crazy fun, and for what it's worth: I've been told that every instance up until Golden Labyrinth is soloable in normal mode.

It's probably not the optimal route right now, but once I got to Bastion of Lok, I just do story quests and any dungeon-specific side quests. Completing story quest chains gives you a 1 hour 50% XP bonus that will cover most if not all of a dungeon run. It's an easy 3-4 levels per dungeon run. I just finished Necromancer's Tomb (and level 46) last night, so I'm starting to get to the point where I'll have to find groups for dungeons. It's recommended that you get your avatar weapon and +9 it, since it has an insane passive bonus on it (higher crit vs monsters that are a similar level to the weapon).

Also, once you hit 40 and 45, you'll get gifts in the mail that give you scrolls that are essentially free levels: enough XP to hit 41 and 46, respectively.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
Is there a 'what to do now you're 65' list somewhere? I finished the The Reckoning and it just dumped me out back at the town with nary a word, and there don't even appear to be any level 65 dungeons. Whaaaaaaat?

KaneTW
Dec 2, 2011

ttocs7 posted:

Yeah, gunner is crazy fun, and for what it's worth: I've been told that every instance up until Golden Labyrinth is soloable in normal mode.

It's probably not the optimal route right now, but once I got to Bastion of Lok, I just do story quests and any dungeon-specific side quests. Completing story quest chains gives you a 1 hour 50% XP bonus that will cover most if not all of a dungeon run. It's an easy 3-4 levels per dungeon run. I just finished Necromancer's Tomb (and level 46) last night, so I'm starting to get to the point where I'll have to find groups for dungeons. It's recommended that you get your avatar weapon and +9 it, since it has an insane passive bonus on it (higher crit vs monsters that are a similar level to the weapon).

Also, once you hit 40 and 45, you'll get gifts in the mail that give you scrolls that are essentially free levels: enough XP to hit 41 and 46, respectively.

I've been soloing everything on my gunner and only instance that wasn't a cakewalk was Saleron's. GL/AH are a bit more challenging but still doable.

Bonby
Jan 13, 2008

Annoying Dog
I wish they made Reaper available to other classes races, that would easily bring me back to playing this. Gunner looks incredible however. I wonder if the steam release made the game get some more life. Sad to see that NFA is gone, they seemed decent when I played again a few months ago.

Edit: Well I did read the page, but I do see I missed your post. Kept seeing "NFA is dead" and "we should ressurect it" over and over so I assumed it was.

Bonby fucked around with this message at 18:27 on May 10, 2015

KaneTW
Dec 2, 2011

NFA is still around jesus loving christ read the drat page at least

FunkyFlashman
May 10, 2013
I just did my first group in BoL as a warrior and boy is this unfun to play with gunners. I would need a slayers mobility if not more to keep up with them. Think i will roll a gunner like everyone else.

Mimsy
Oct 25, 2008
It looks like both gunners and reapers make the other DPS classes look like a bad joke. They're both ridiculous AOE murderfests,

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

FunkyFlashman posted:

I just did my first group in BoL as a warrior and boy is this unfun to play with gunners. I would need a slayers mobility if not more to keep up with them. Think i will roll a gunner like everyone else.

One of us, one of us.

Also those gunners are hilarious because gunners can just solo every dungeon anyway, they've got so much damage at low levels compared to other classes it's nuts.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Every dungeon I've been in thus far has been a slideshow of three Gunners knocking everything into the air forever as there's about six thousand explosions around me. The only time I get to tank is on bosses, and then only barely.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
Yeah I get zero feedback about how well I'm doing as a tank. Even something like small coloured icons over healthbars would be nice. Everything else about the combat system is great but trying to tank can be a guessing game.

Not that tanking is really needed at the minute, it's kind of ridiculous. My gunner just hit 20 and got her first relic weapon. I immediately enchanted it to +9 and now she's killing the BAMs so fast I may just grind them to level.

Pierson fucked around with this message at 19:22 on May 10, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grogsy
Feb 8, 2013

Wait, you're talking about soloing level appropriate dungeons? As in around your level?

• Locked thread