Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Depths
Apr 15, 2009

SENPAI
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H658UgLa3_c

woooooooow

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

CJacobs posted:

Chao garden is chill and cute so yes I agree.

I think "bad in a charming way" is definitely a good way to describe the game overall. I hope the guys suffer through SA2 as well just because it'll be more of this series to watch.

I remember adventure 2 being a much tighter game so I would be happy to see Liam unintentionally prove me wrong

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Sonic Adventure 2 is legitimately great.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Good lord

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

sa1 isn't good, sa2 is good. fight me

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Haha goddamn

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

CJacobs posted:

With the exception of Big's stages, I personally feel that while SA1 and 2 are bad games, they're still enjoyable to play. It's one of those rare cases where it's a bad game in a lot of ways, but it still manages to be fun where it counts.

The problem with this game is that half of the characters could be fine to play as but their objectives suck out all the joy from the game. Sonic and Tails' stages are fine and fun and great. Big and Amy suck because fishing and Amy moving so goddamn slow.

This is even coming from someone who understands that a game from the rear end-end of 1998 [Dec 23 of that year] obviously looks like poo poo more than ten years later.

The Chao Garden remains the best thing out of the games and even that ended up getting tossed because Sega can't be allowed to stick with something and work out all the flaws and make it fun, there's always gotta be some new gimmick Sonic's using so we can't use the same idea twice!

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Where did the 'sacrifice your teammates for more time on the clock' gag originate from?

KaosMachina
Oct 9, 2012

There's nothing special about me.

Dexie posted:

Where did the 'sacrifice your teammates for more time on the clock' gag originate from?

I think it was the fighterpedia videos. The one on SFxT, I think?
EDIT: They namedrop Kamen Rider and then completely miss that most of Hanzo's ANOTHER costume colors are Kamen Riders. Weird.

KaosMachina fucked around with this message at 03:05 on May 9, 2015

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Don't get it twisted who your enemies are.

Ruggington posted:

I remember adventure 2 being a much tighter game so I would be happy to see Liam unintentionally prove me wrong

SA2's Sonic and Shadow levels are mostly cool and well designed, and they fit in with the Unleashed/Colors/Generations motif of "play this over and over until you can blitz through it from muscle memory." Unfortunately it shares Unleashed's worst aspect, which is the ~other levels~. Werehog in Unleashed and Shooting/Hunting in SA2 drag the game down significantly if you're talking about the whole package. Obviously the way to play them is to finish them once and the only play the good levels ever again.

The major thing SA2 has over Unleashed in this regard is that you can get through SA2's story mode in like 2-4 hours depending on how casually you're running through. Unleashed requires hunting for medals and the Werehog stages are 15-45 minute levels so it takes wayyyyyy longer to get to the point where you can finally have fun with Unleashed for more than 5 minutes at a time.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Matt and Woolie turning Big into the biggest scumbag is my favorite part of the last video.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Rhonne posted:

Matt and Woolie turning Big into the biggest scumbag is my favorite part of the last video.

It's supposed to be "skinning the cat", not the other way around, guys :gonk:

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Tae posted:

Prison break!!

Oh poo poo I had forgotten about this. Prison Break was a DCD tier LP.

Kaptain K
Nov 2, 2007

I must admit, I am fond of you humans.

May you enjoy serendipity,

And may the Age of Fire perpetuate.

YEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHH

Kaptain K fucked around with this message at 16:44 on May 9, 2015

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

Kaptain K posted:

YEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHH

lol

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
I love it when the zaibatsu use of emulators gets exposed, even though there's nothing really wrong with using them in the first place it still feels like a scandal.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Game freezes and crashes are one of my favorite parts of watching these guys because everyone always has the same reaction, which is to go AWW YEEEEAAAAHHH OHH AWESOMEE

CJacobs fucked around with this message at 18:18 on May 9, 2015

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

Al-Saqr posted:

I love it when the zaibatsu use of emulators gets exposed, even though there's nothing really wrong with using them in the first place it still feels like a scandal.
It's more fun because of the hilariously weak attempts to cover for it, like the magical keyboard on the back of the arcade cabinet.

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Children STILL love me, dammit!

Kaptain K posted:

YEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHH

Ahahah, I always forget about Fisticuffs so my initial reaction was to laugh and then laugh harder when I realized they were playing Maximum Impact. Know what i'm doing with my afternoon.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
Man Pat just lying through his teeth in today's Bloodborne

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

wait whaat why is there a bloodborne this is a saturday

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

RareAcumen posted:

wait whaat why is there a bloodborne this is a saturday

I guess it's because there was no bloodborne on Friday.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
I want more of Big the Cat's scumbag adventures but I know I will never get any again.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

HGH posted:

I want more of Big the Cat's scumbag adventures but I know I will never get any again.

Sonic Heroes run. Big The Cat kidnaps two little girls and forces them to fight for his amusement.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Matt will beat Liam and Woolie to death before doing another full Spindash run.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Oh my god.

OneDeadman
Oct 16, 2010

[SUPERBIA]

M' Froggy

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

All the NPCs will look up and shout, "Do this quest!"
and I'll whisper, "Sure, why not."
Jesus, Woolie with the parry-fest in that latest BB vid.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3LwEaHYqRYs&hd=1

This game both looks cute and fun, and the video is very funny five minutes in, is pro click

edit: garfield and friends opening song sing-a-long a little after five minutes, gently caress this video

edit edit: video owns, game owns, but gently caress kickstarters that offer a tiny amount of early bird copies for 33% or more off the normal price so that just by not hearing about it until later you're expected to pay a full 5 dollars extra for no reason, if it manages to succeed and comes to steam I'll buy it

Captain Invictus fucked around with this message at 03:55 on May 10, 2015

A good poster
Jan 10, 2010

Is the emulator just stretching out the game from 4:3 to 16:9, or is that an actual FOV patch?

A good poster fucked around with this message at 04:08 on May 10, 2015

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Al-Saqr posted:

It's the unshakable rule of internet honor: You're Not Supposed To But Everyone Does And Nobody Really Cares So Just Make A Token Attempt To Hide It.

Chicken Horse is pretty fantastic. Open the door to Fucktown!

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
pat mixing up arquebus and arbalest like a scrub in the latest bloodborne vid

Kaptain K
Nov 2, 2007

I must admit, I am fond of you humans.

May you enjoy serendipity,

And may the Age of Fire perpetuate.

A good poster posted:

Is the emulator just stretching out the game from 4:3 to 16:9, or is that an actual FOV patch?

As someone who likes to play some PCSX myself I really don't know and I just noticed that it looks like 16:9 but it's not stretched.

How the hell?

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Captain Invictus posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3LwEaHYqRYs&hd=1

This game both looks cute and fun, and the video is very funny five minutes in, is pro click

edit: garfield and friends opening song sing-a-long a little after five minutes, gently caress this video

edit edit: video owns, game owns, but gently caress kickstarters that offer a tiny amount of early bird copies for 33% or more off the normal price so that just by not hearing about it until later you're expected to pay a full 5 dollars extra for no reason, if it manages to succeed and comes to steam I'll buy it

Game looks great, backed it immediately. Not sure if they can rustle up the last $5k in six days, but I guess we'll see.

Depths
Apr 15, 2009

SENPAI

Is Big The Cat meant to be mentally handicapped?

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Depths posted:

I don't think so.

Is he? Oh yes definitely.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Depths posted:

MEANT to be, as in they sat down and said 'let's make this cat a retard? Nah.

He is though.

Silentman0
Jul 11, 2005

I have a new neighbor. Heard he comes from far away
He's simple and slow-witted and Jon St. John threw all subtlety out the window.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K19eM7I5Avw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6YGu4zQgTvg