Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

Maybe it's more of a symbolic thing where he kills the ideals behind the heroes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Horrible Smutbeast
Sep 2, 2011

Annointed posted:

Maybe it's more of a symbolic thing where he kills the ideals behind the heroes.

Or he just kills heroes.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
They're only mostly dead.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
Is he Garou from One Punch Man?

Repster
Nov 29, 2014

Annointed posted:

Or he kills the ability to BE a hero.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Repster posted:

Or he kills the ability to BE a hero.

By murdering them

Level Slide
Jan 4, 2011

Maybe this dude's a (really powerful) poser and the actual Hero Killer is yet to be seen.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
Maybe Hero Killer is his family name.

Level Slide
Jan 4, 2011

Class, we have a new student transferring in today. Introduce yourself, Hitler Hero Killer.

CaptianKatsura
Feb 28, 2011

I'm not Katsura, I'm Captain Katsura!

Level Slide posted:

Class, we have a new student transferring in today. Introduce yourself, Hitler Hero Killer.

You know, if you leave out his middle name, Hitler Killer sounds like an actual hero.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

CaptianKatsura posted:

You know, if you leave out his middle name, Hitler Killer sounds like an actual hero.

Nah, the Hitler Killer was a pretty big rear end. In the end he didn't even leave as a Hero Killer.

DeadBonesBrook
May 31, 2011

How do you do, fellow Regis?
We already have a Hitler Killer hero, he also happens to be Raph from the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.

Level Slide
Jan 4, 2011

Now I legitimately hope actual literal Hitler shows up.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
Hitler Hero Killer obviously only kills heroic hitlers.

NutritiousSnack
Jul 12, 2011

CaptianKatsura posted:

That's how he got accepted in.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

Deku is going to end up with super-fused tarsal bones, like a boxer.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Green Intern posted:

Deku is going to end up with super-fused tarsal bones, like a boxer.

Broken finger bones replaced by fused toe bones!
You may have spotted this anime's Chekhov's... toes?

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
So, this does raise the question. If All Might himself was Quirkless, it probably means that he didn't have a body capable of not breaking up under All For One either. So, if that's the case, WHY THE gently caress HASN'T HE STARTED SHARING SOME OF THOSE THINGS WITH DEKU ALREADY?!

EDIT: I CANNOT INTERNET TODAY, I HAVE THE DUMBS

SwissArmyDruid fucked around with this message at 07:23 on May 10, 2015

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

SwissArmyDruid posted:

So, this does raise the question. If Endeavour himself was Quirkless, it probably means that he didn't have a body capable of not breaking up under All For One either. So, if that's the case, WHY THE gently caress HASN'T HE STARTED SHARING SOME OF THOSE THINGS WITH DEKU ALREADY?!

You probably didn't mean Endeavor.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~
I'd say there's a couple of causes for that, all working in concert. He did say he was part of a generation where being quirkless was more normal than it is now and there's been no mention of any symbol of peace before All Might, despite the fact we know it must have been around before that point. We know he feels there must be a symbol going forward, so the fact there may not have been one prior to him could mean that he feels Deku's training is more urgent than his own was. Combine that with the fact that he's losing power so quickly and can only hold the transformation for such a short period now because of his injuries so he's probably pushing Deku harder than he himself was by his mentor - which he's justifying by telling himself that the healing quirk woman is close to hand so he can just push, push, push and it'll all work out. Which it isn't.

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

2; Become better at playing Tabletop, both as a player and as a GM/ST/W/E

3; Get rid of this goddamn avatar.
I'm actually more surprised that One For All Can be combined with Quirks then the opposite. I was just assuming it was the opposite all along.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

It could be, but probably shouldn't. After all, a weak man knows the value of strength.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

Serious Frolicking posted:

You probably didn't mean Endeavor.

:doh:

MrCinos
Dec 20, 2011
Deku after time-skip/mastering his quirk:

Peel
Dec 3, 2007

SwissArmyDruid posted:

So, this does raise the question. If All Might himself was Quirkless, it probably means that he didn't have a body capable of not breaking up under All For One either. So, if that's the case, WHY THE gently caress HASN'T HE STARTED SHARING SOME OF THOSE THINGS WITH DEKU ALREADY?!

Maybe he just had longer to train with this approach. Deku would be fine if he gradually worked up to hitting heavier, harder objects rather than breaking each individual component of his hand trying to win a hopeless fight because his mentor filled his head with dangerously irresponsible shounen spirit guff.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
I kinda think mastering OfA is more of a mastery of the power rather than getting swole enough to not die using it. I mean, Midoriya's entire attack pattern at this point is flailing his limbs at people like a retard with blasts of super strength. He doesn't even throw proper punches 99% of the time. If he could apply the "5%" he can supposedly handle to his whole body and actually fight properly he could likely get some impressive results.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Nah, he's used a lot of grapples too.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!
Would it be possible to launch attacks with super-strength that don't involve hitting people with his own fragile limbs? For example, if he used a stick or a pole or something?

Twiddy
May 17, 2008

To the man who loves art for its own sake, it is frequently in its least important and lowliest manifestations that the keenest pleasure is to be derived.

DrSunshine posted:

Would it be possible to launch attacks with super-strength that don't involve hitting people with his own fragile limbs? For example, if he used a stick or a pole or something?
I think the point is he's supposed to eventually learn how to control the output so that he doesn't hurt himself or break his limbs at all. Any other method is gonna be a crutch preventing him from properly learning how to use the technique.

Horrible Smutbeast
Sep 2, 2011

DrSunshine posted:

To be fair he hasn't really hit anyone with his limbs, he mostly just hits the air and sends shockwaves instead. If he used his limbs both him and his opponent would just snap.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Horrible Smutbeast posted:

To be fair he hasn't really hit anyone with his limbs, he mostly just hits the air and sends shockwaves instead. If he used his limbs both him and his opponent would just snap.

He hit Todoroki square in the stomach.

Horrible Smutbeast
Sep 2, 2011

Terper posted:

Well put a wig on me, slap my rear end and call me All Might, you're right. How did I miss that.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Part of me kinda wants to see Todoroki just totally get his rear end handed to him at some point.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Terper posted:

Yes, but that was a rare instance of him actually limiting his power output and not just opening the flood gates and hoping the massive self inflicted damage won't be permanent.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

So how about that Hero Killer? Is this the return of Poison Chainsaw?

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.

Terper posted:

Serious Seattle Series: Normal Pennsylvania Punch.

Horrible Smutbeast
Sep 2, 2011

Prison Warden posted:

Serious Seattle Series: Normal Pennsylvania Punch.

It almost feels like All Might would have been a better villain with his naming system. Especially if you're choosing the worst american states like "Full Frontal Floridan Flash" or some poo poo.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

Horrible Smutbeast posted:

It almost feels like All Might would have been a better villain with his naming system. Especially if you're choosing the worst american states like "Full Frontal Floridan Flash" or some poo poo.
Or a big lariat called "Oklahoma Bomber".

Horrible Smutbeast
Sep 2, 2011

Fabricated posted:

Or a big lariat called "Oklahoma Bomber".

Let's just go whole hog with this then.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pyronic
Oct 1, 2008

ROYAL RAINWHARRGARBL
I could have sworn early in the manga that all-might told him that he had way more time to prepare his body and practice with the power so he didn't do dumb poo poo like breaking every bone in his hand repeatedly, but Midoriya was so set on getting into the school that they had to do as much as possible before the entrance exam so he wouldn't just kill himself instantly.