Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grandmaster.flv
Jun 24, 2011
Cyborg is out of Metamoris - Ryron is stepping in against Barnett

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

canoshiz
Nov 6, 2005

THANK GOD FOR THE SMOKE MACHINE!

origami posted:

Cyborg is out of Metamoris - Ryron is stepping in against Barnett

I thought this was a joke but lmao this owns

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.
I hope Barnett can pull off a figure four or something outlandish like that.

Pocket Billiards
Aug 29, 2007
I'm impressed, that's like 40kg weight difference?

Even still if Barnett gets a wrist lock or leg split or something on him I would laugh until I vomited.

colonel_korn
May 16, 2003

Oh god, Front Row Brian was right again :sigh:

Dangersim
Sep 4, 2011

:qq:He expended too much energy and got tired:qq:

I'M NOT SURPRISED MOTHERFUCKERS
What happened to buchecha did that never materialize?

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005
It's Extremely Cool that one of the biggest Pure Water Gracie Jiujitsu propagandists put together a sub only grappling tournament to showcase jiujitsu and the second it had a heavyweight title it went to a fat guy in a speedo doing Dusty Rhodes promos, and now his brother's going to get camel-clutched.

widunder
May 2, 2002

fatherdog posted:

It's Extremely Cool that one of the biggest Pure Water Gracie Jiujitsu propagandists put together a sub only grappling tournament to showcase jiujitsu and the second it had a heavyweight title it went to a fat guy in a speedo doing Dusty Rhodes promos, and now his brother's going to get camel-clutched.
This is fantastic

Miching Mallecho
May 24, 2010

:yeshaha:
I want Josh to recreate this

Kimura laughing his rear end off is one of my favorite images.

Keg
Sep 22, 2014

fatherdog posted:

I'm hyped.

Grandmaster.flv
Jun 24, 2011
Metamoris: Gracie Breakdown

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

origami posted:

lmao

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

origami posted:

:drat:

TheCool69
Sep 23, 2011
Apparently they Tried to book Mackenzie Dern vs. Gabi Garcia but there was some fuckery and now they are instabeefing

Keg
Sep 22, 2014

TheCool69 posted:

Apparently they Tried to book Mackenzie Dern vs. Gabi Garcia but there was some fuckery and now they are instabeefing

I guess that's why Ralek went around telling everybody that Metamoris is now officially no gurlz aloud in a move of PR mastery.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"
It looks like Ralek didn't want to pay them, because hey, the exposure is enough, right? Right? Hey, ladies, where are you going?

Xguard86
Nov 22, 2004

"You don't understand his pain. Everywhere he goes he sees women working, wearing pants, speaking in gatherings, voting. Surely they will burn in the white hot flames of Hell"
Someone post that wtf quote from Barnett at the rules meeting. About putting people in dark places.

DekeThornton
Sep 2, 2011

Be friends!

Xguard86 posted:

Someone post that wtf quote from Barnett at the rules meeting. About putting people in dark places.

This one?

quote:

Do we stop the fight if the time runs out, but you have your opponent in a mental submission? Like if I have his mind in a real dark place!

Josh Barnett is great.

Here he is showing a pretty neat lockflow on a guy from my gym

https://www.facebook.com/JiuJitsumag/videos/980876325265592/?fref=nf

DekeThornton fucked around with this message at 22:00 on May 7, 2015

Who Gotch Ya
Jun 27, 2003

streetdoctors.com
Yes, we are hybrid rappers.
Are you allowed to release German suplex your opponents off of the platform at Metamoris?

Or is there no more platform because now it's Ralek Gracie Apartment Wrestling PPV

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"

Who Gotch Ya posted:

Are you allowed to release German suplex your opponents off of the platform at Metamoris?

Or is there no more platform because now it's Ralek Gracie Apartment Wrestling PPV

Maybe since Barnett is the champion, he has a clause that allows him a stipulation, and he went with an Empty Arena match?

Who Gotch Ya
Jun 27, 2003

streetdoctors.com

LobsterMobster posted:

Maybe since Barnett is the champion, he has a clause that allows him a stipulation, and he went with an Empty Arena match?

In that case, Josh, please bring back the three tiered cage/cell thing from WCW.

colonel_korn
May 16, 2003

Speaking of Ralek,

quote:

Cesar Gracie ‏@CesarGracieBJJ

Just found an old tape of @nickdiaz209 TKOing my cousin Ralek for doing "spinning poo poo". Let me know if I should share it

Ok let me figure out how to trim the video and I'll post tomorrow night. It is hilarious. Classic

:munch:

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
seems a prick move

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

ICHIBAHN posted:

seems a prick move

Well, Cesar's a prick, so that follows.

Who Gotch Ya
Jun 27, 2003

streetdoctors.com

ICHIBAHN posted:

seems a prick move

So does everything Ralek does.

JHomer722
Jul 30, 2006

And you, you ridiculous people, you expect me to help you.

ASICS U.S. Open Semifinals Set!

U.S. Open posted:

Semifinal Match Ups

57kg: Tony Ramos, TMWC vs Joe Colon, TMWC
57kg: Andrew Hochstrasser, TMWC vs Dan Mitcheff, NYAC.

61kg: Alan Waters, Missouri WF vs Kendric Maple, Sooner WC.
61kg: Daniel Dennis, TMWC vs Reece Humphrey, NYAC.

65kg: Brent Metcalf, NYAC vs Frank Molinaro, NLWC.
65kg: Kellen Russell, NYAC vs Jordan Oliver, Sunkist Kids.

70kg: Nick Marable, Sunkist Kids vs Moza Fay, Army WC.
70kg: Kevin LeValley, Minnesota Storm vs Dustin Schlatter, Minnesota Storm.

74kg: David Taylor, NLWC vs Tyler Caldwell, Sunkist Kids.
74kg: Anthony Valencia, Sunkist Kids vs Andrew Howe.

86kg: Ed Ruth, Sunkist Kids vs Jake Herbert, NYAC.
86kg: Deron Winn, TMWC vs Keith Gavin, TMWC.

97kg: Jake Varner, NLWC vs JD Bergman, NYAC.
97kg: Kyle Snyder, TMWC vs J'Den Cox, Missouri WF.

125kg: Tervel Dlagnez, Sunkist Kids vs Nick Gwiazdowski, NYAC.
125kg: Tyrell Fortune, TMWC vs Zach Rey, LVAC.

The biggest upset I noticed was Stieber losing to Kellen Russell in a close decision.

colonel_korn
May 16, 2003

I feel like Cesar oversold this a little, but here it is for the record: https://www.facebook.com/cesar.gracie/videos/998892490143858/

Grandmaster.flv
Jun 24, 2011
I can't box for poo poo but if I had watched that without context I would not have believed one of them was a professional fighter

Schenck v. U.S.
Sep 8, 2010

colonel_korn posted:

I feel like Cesar oversold this a little,

Watch their body language. After Ralek throws the spinning backfist and then follows with a one-two, Nick is pissed. His output goes to nothing, he's just covering up and stalking Ralek until he sees an opening. When he feels like it, Nick pumps the jab into Ralek's face, feinting not to hurt but rather to put the glove in his eye, and while Ralek is blind Nick lands a nasty left hook to the liver. Ralek doesn't go down, but he doubles over and he's basically dead on his feet. Nick has proven his point and he lets it go, but he was in a position to do anything he wanted and his partner was helpless.

origami posted:

I can't box for poo poo but if I had watched that without context I would not have believed one of them was a professional fighter

Diaz's technique certainly isn't good boxing but it's actually pretty functional for MMA. There's a lot of very good MMA fighters who'd get murdered under any given pure striking rules.

Pooned
Dec 28, 2005

Eye contact counters everything
Has anyone successfully ordered the Metamoris PPV? I can't get it to work.

Keg
Sep 22, 2014

Pooned posted:

Has anyone successfully ordered the Metamoris PPV? I can't get it to work.

The internet says the site is all buggered up this morning.

Sprecherscrow
Dec 20, 2009
Well if they do figure out a way to let us all watch it, I made a GDT: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3719113

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

JHomer722 posted:

ASICS U.S. Open Semifinals Set!

The biggest upset I noticed was Stieber losing to Kellen Russell in a close decision.

Coleman went down early to somebody as well.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Barnett's toehold was sweet.

Odddzy
Oct 10, 2007
Once shot a man in Reno.
Once Barnett subbed there was a really awkward pause at the commentators desk and in the room. Felt like you could hear a pin drop.

Pwny_Xpress
Nov 17, 2006

WEC Never Die
i am trying to avoid spoilers. Which is hard. Was tonights Metamoris worth buying? I was pleased with my purchase of the last EBI. I am on a tight-ish budget and Metamoris is kinda 50-50 for me on watchability, especially when they have gi matches.

JHomer722
Jul 30, 2006

And you, you ridiculous people, you expect me to help you.

Thoguh posted:

Coleman went down early to somebody as well.

Well, JO lost to Metcalf again. Metfcalf is cool and all, but it definitely hurts my PA pride...

Edit: This is an old match, but it pretty much encapsulates the dynamic between these two.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qevArZngAQE

JHomer722 fucked around with this message at 12:20 on May 10, 2015

Kekekela
Oct 28, 2004

Mr. Nice! posted:

Barnett's toehold was sweet.

Ryron looked pretty decent up to that point though, right? (I've just read the recaps, haven't been able to see it yet)

Odddzy
Oct 10, 2007
Once shot a man in Reno.
I don't think he was in any advantageous position during the whole bout, Barnett was dominating most of the time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

Odddzy posted:

I don't think he was in any advantageous position during the whole bout, Barnett was dominating most of the time.

Other than the opening few minutes where they were hand fighting on the feet and a brief moment when both were going for leglocks, the rest of the match was Josh on top, in at least half guard