Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
during which ancient egyptian month will blackberry die?
thout
paopi
hathor
koiak
tobi
meshir
paremhat
paremoude
pashons
paoni
epip
mesori
gasthred
banop
RIM'S GONNA KEEP GOING BABY!!!
View Results

• Locked thread
heated game moment
Oct 30, 2003

Lipstick Apathy

A Pinball Wizard posted:

I am un ruffled.

Irish dude out of potato products itt

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

Dislike button posted:

Irish dude out of potato products itt

lmao

A Pinball Wizard
Mar 23, 2005

I know every trick, no freak's gonna beat my hands

College Slice
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h1w8sFOj4bA

yippee cahier
Mar 28, 2005

toronto's for people who want to live in a second rate new york, without anything that makes new york desirable. i'm glad southern ontario is a big ugly suburb because it soaks up the kind of people who actually want to live like that.

on topic: i'm visiting a friend who works for the feds abroad and they're all forced to use BBs which are slow as hell due to the quirks of the local wireless bands.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

young dude in business class on this YYZ-SFO flight is using a blackberry, I think unironically.

maybe there's hope for BBY yet no

Joe 30330
Dec 20, 2007

"We have this notion that if you're poor, you cannot do it. Poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids."

As the audience reluctantly began to applaud during the silence, Biden tried to fix his remarks.

"Wealthy kids, black kids, Asian kids -- no, I really mean it." Biden said.

infernal machines posted:

me too. i lived in brampton at the time, the same city where nortel had their massive business campus.

those were interesting times

That's a Rogers building now I think. I was just in it

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

Millstone posted:

That's a Rogers building now I think. I was just in it

it is, it's a major call centre for them too

which is why it's hilarious that people bitch about "indian tech support" from rogers.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Subjunctive posted:

young dude in business class on this YYZ-SFO flight is using a blackberry, I think unironically.

was he Getting Work Done?

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

it is, it's a major call centre for them too

which is why it's hilarious that people bitch about "indian tech support" from rogers.
Canadians are racist as gently caress, even the ones that aren't racist. They'll take the flimsiest excuse to go on a tear and blame this or that race for some minor inconvenience they suffered.

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Don't ask me about Sonic the Hedgehog diaper fetish

THC posted:

Canadians are racist as gently caress, even the ones that aren't racist. They'll take the flimsiest excuse to go on a tear and blame this or that race for some minor inconvenience they suffered.

nice racism

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Thanks Ants posted:

was he Getting Work Done?

one assumes so

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.

Subjunctive posted:

there it is

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Boxturret posted:

nice racism

it's true in Ontario. the half-educated shitkickers in the sticks (i.e. anywhere further than the urban center of a city where non-white minorities and poors are) are just as racist as you'll find anywhere in the northern midwest US

the only difference is that Scott Walker didn't win more than two terms here (gently caress you Harris)

Mister Facetious fucked around with this message at 09:18 on Apr 15, 2015

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

Mister Macys posted:

it's true in Ontario. the half-educated shitkickers in the sticks (i.e. anywhere further than the urban center of a city where non-white minorities and poors are) are just as racist as you'll find anywhere in the northern midwest US

the only difference is that Scott Walker didn't win more than two terms here (gently caress you Harris)
super truth. while i lived in toronto i'd often visit friends even just in bradford/newmarket (i.e. 30 minutes north of city limits) and the people they would have over from the surrounding area were some of the most racist chucklefucks i've ever met.

the joke they'd always tell is: how do you know when you've left toronto? tie a [literally any person of color] to your front hood and stop when people say "what's that"

i'd imagine it's only worse the farther you are from civilization

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
and that's why you don't leave toronto unless you're going to montreal, or maybe ottawa, or heading to the states.

there's nothing out there anyway.

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

there's a new* blackberry!

quote:

WATERLOO, ONTARIO--(Marketwired - Apr 15, 2015) - BlackBerry Limited (BBRY)(BB.TO), a global leader in mobile communications, today announced the availability of BlackBerry® Leap in the United Kingdom and rollout in major markets. Beginning today in the U.K., young power professionals who want to get things done and companies looking for enterprise fleet renewals can now purchase BlackBerry Leap on ShopBlackBerry.com and through select carriers and partners. BlackBerry Leap will continue to rollout over the next few weeks across countries including Germany, France, United States, Canada, United Arab Emirates, Saudi Arabia and India.

Ron Louks, President, Devices and Emerging Solutions at BlackBerry, said: "With an all-touch screen, the BlackBerry Leap rounds out our portfolio of BlackBerry 10 devices, offering an affordable choice to mobile professionals who require a smartphone that safeguards sensitive communications and keeps them productive."
http://us.blackberry.com/smartphones/blackberry-leap.html

*it looks the same as all other touchscreen blackberries

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.
behold: blue crunchberries

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.

and that's why you don't leave toronto unless you're going to montreal, or maybe ottawa, or heading to the states.

there's nothing out there anyway.

don't go to ottawa

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

qirex posted:

there's a new* blackberry!

http://us.blackberry.com/smartphones/blackberry-leap.html

Best-in-class BlackBerry keyboard

industry recognized BlackBerry® 10 browser

:eyepop:

BlackBerry Leap: The Great Leap Forward. :china:

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Kenny Logins posted:

the joke they'd always tell is: how do you know when you've left toronto? tie a [literally any person of color] to your front hood and stop when people say "what's that"

jfc I've actually heard that one, too. :cripes:

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!
BlackBerry Ltd. says it has a definitive agreement to buy WatchDox Ltd., a company that improves security for shared documents.

It did not disclose what it paid for the Palo Alto, Calif., company.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/business/blackberry-boosts-file-sharing-security-by-buying-watchdox-1.3042023?cmp=rss

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

And so it begins

quote:

The petition introduced by Liberal MPP for Etobicoke-North, Shafiq Qaadri, asked the legislature to allow members and staff to use a variety of smartphones instead of remaining trapped in its "BlackBerry-only policy."

Qaadri called the assembly's policy "handicapping, retarding and penalizing MPPs" — much to the ire of Harris, who thought his use of language was inappropriate.

http://www.therecord.com/news-story/5609764-blackberry-use-at-queen-s-park-defended/

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan

A Pinball Wizard
Mar 23, 2005

I know every trick, no freak's gonna beat my hands

College Slice

Bonzo posted:

Qaadri called the assembly's policy "handicapping, retarding and penalizing MPPs" — much to the ire of Harris, who thought his use of language was inappropriate.

im now imagining ontarios legislature being made up entirely of 16 year old tumblrites

SIGSEGV
Nov 4, 2010

finally, the end is near now

well it always was but now it's visible

Joe 30330
Dec 20, 2007

"We have this notion that if you're poor, you cannot do it. Poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids."

As the audience reluctantly began to applaud during the silence, Biden tried to fix his remarks.

"Wealthy kids, black kids, Asian kids -- no, I really mean it." Biden said.

FrozenVent posted:

don't go anywhere

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

lol could you imagine if us reps all had to drive f150s?

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene

theflyingexecutive posted:

in michigan they basically have to. maybe not an f-150, but something domestic.

this is a provincial legislator in ontario complaining about being forced to use phones designed by blackberry in ontario

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

oh I read that as mp somehow

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

but still, it's not like Washington reps have to use lumias

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

theflyingexecutive posted:

at least an f150 can be marginally useful on occasion

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Harris said BlackBerry phones are used by the government because they have top-notch security and that is why governments from Barack Obama's to Angela Merkel's also use them.

:newlol:

pram
Jun 10, 2001
when is blackberry releasing their smart watch (amateur hour is over)

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
the first smartwatch with a keyboard

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

The Management posted:

the first smartwatch with a keyboard

actually they just released a new device that had no keyboard.

http://ca.blackberry.com/smartphones/blackberry-leap/overview.html

Because that did so well the last time they did it.

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
I wonder if my idiot cousin is still using the Z1 he bought

yippee cahier
Mar 28, 2005

lol. i guess we can start the one year countdown for the IT department to admit they run exchange and can support any device with better security by checking a box

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

lmao

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

the chief economist for Her Majesty's Loyal Opposition

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

quote:

Tarnishing an Unsound Argument

Shafiq Qaadri is wrong on so many levels.

The Member of Provincial Parliament had the floor at Ontario’s Legislative Assembly last week when he recited an diatribe against BlackBerry and used offensive words that have no place in modern discourse.

I join the many, many people across Canada calling on him to apologize and explain why he chose to use derogatory references to people with disabilities in a petition ostensibly about technology. We are dismayed‎ by Mr. Qaadri’s behavior that reflects poorly on all of Canada – and especially to Canadians with disabilities who are incredible contributors to the nation.

Sadly, however, Mr. Qaadri also failed on the merits of his argument, which was insulting to BlackBerry.

Let’s start with the technological reasons the Legislative Assembly chooses to spend public dollars to equip its elected officials and staff with BlackBerry mobility solutions.

Quite simply, BlackBerry is the most secure system for protecting individual security and privacy. That’s why all G7 governments and 16 of the G20 governments are BlackBerry customers. BlackBerry has more than 70 security approvals and certificates – more than any other mobile solution. BlackBerry customers also include 10 out of 10 of the largest global banks and global law firms, and the top five largest managed healthcare, investment services, and oil and gas companies.

So the provincial government of Ontario is in good company, knowing that the people tasked with doing the people’s business can do so effectively, securely and reliably. It’s also sending a strong message to its Ontario constituents – thousands of whom are employed by BlackBerry.

Many of the dollars spent with BlackBerry go right back into the local and national economy. BlackBerry spends more on research and development than any other Ontario company. The $1.3 billion we spend annually also makes us one of the largest R&D spenders in all of Canada. Some 90% of BlackBerry’s research engagements are with Canadian universities and we hire more than 1,000 co-op students from local institutions every year.

As an Ontario-headquartered company, BlackBerry pays corporate taxes in Ontario on revenue generated from sales worldwide, not just in Ontario. Among many other things, we help support the operations of the Legislative Assembly – and that includes Mr. Qaadri’s salary.

Like many other Canadians, we are disappointed that Mr. Qaadri made a terrible public policy argument with words that were even worse.

John Chen is a distinguished and proven leader in the technology industry. Prior to joining BlackBerry, he served as Chairman and CEO of Sybase Inc., where he developed and led the company’s re-invention from a mature, slower-growth technology company into a $1.5 billion-plus high-growth innovator. Under his direction, Sybase became the leading provider of enterprise mobility and mobile commerce solutions, achieving 55 consecutive quarters of profitability.

• Locked thread