Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

It's a new Mystery Box Cryme Tyme!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ITynSLwn-ek

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solaris Knight
Apr 26, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT POWER RANGERS MYSTIC FORCE
I loving love how it's a double bait and switch on Cryme Tyme, and that reaction Woolie does is the hypest poo poo since they fought Baz in Shovel Knight

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Holy poo poo, a sonic video showed up on their videos!

Holy poo poo, it's knuckles ughhhh

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Unlike Sonic, he don't chuckle.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Tae posted:

Holy poo poo, a sonic video showed up on their videos!

Holy poo poo, it's knuckles ughhhh

this but the ughhhh is the sound of my euphoric bliss

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Who doesn't like Knuckles? He's the Piccolo of the sonic universe.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

To this day I love that Eggman walks up to knuckles, pretty much goes. "I want to kill you" and summons a monster to attack him and even after said monster is defeated continues to poo poo talk Knuckles.

How does Eggman get out of the situation? "Iunno Sonics probably bad too."

I know for a fact some people think Sonic Boom Knuckles is too stupid but really?

pulp rag
Feb 25, 2013

AGDQ 2018 Awful Block Survivor
I can barely watch this episode, the framerate is the most jank I've ever seen in a game. It's like it fluctuates between 14 and 20 fps, so it's super disorienting.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VTz5MtxrDTA

thanks woolie

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

I have no problem with Knuckles but I've got lots of problems with his gameplay. His and Rouge's stages all suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuckles.'
I hate the 'find the thing, here is a radar' gameplay entirely for Rouge and Knuckles.

I'd rather you'd just have to smash robits as Knuckles till you got the emerald or pickpocket it off of someone like in a Sly Cooper game as Rouge.

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

I know for a fact some people think Sonic Boom Knuckles is too stupid but really?

They turned Knuckles into Kelso.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

I love Liam's declining ability to sell in these Sonic videos.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
huh. they didn't finish his campaign in one vid like the others.

DPM
Feb 23, 2015

TAKE ME HOME
I'LL CHECK YA BUM FOR GRUBS

I feel like it's my duty to inform/remind everyone about the SA Red Panda Awareness thread. So loving adorable.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

As a kid I always liked Knuckles more than Shadow and was bummed that he got replaced as the top rival. I also wished they would give Knuckles his own game and it would be a beat em up or something.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

There's two things I'll always give SA1 points for, even if it's aged The Most Poorly.

1) Smoothly transitioning from Robotnik to Eggman - Eggman's just some dumb nickname Sonic started calling him that stuck. That's great.

2) The Homing Attack, which solves the problem of "how the gently caress do you accurately platform in a speed-based game" really really well.

but wow the rest of the game is like 100x worse than I remember. OH NOSTALGIA.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Just tossing in my agreement that wow this SA playthrough is one of the best things they've ever done. I'm really enjoying how skilled Liam is at the game and all of his near-death recoveries because of the early 3D jank.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

How does Eggman get out of the situation?

It's not exactly as if anyone could catch him if he ran away.

Red Minjo
Oct 20, 2010

Out of the houses, which is the most blue?

The answer might not be be obvious at first.

Gravy Boat 2k
So the IGAVania kickstarter just went up here. One thing I notice: the $100+ backers get put in the credits under a clan that they choose, like the ones that the swordorwhip site apparently gave you. But also, there are YouTube Partner clans that you can put your name under. And one of them: The Zaibatsu Clan.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Bloodborne's weird Cthulhu body horror stuff is starting to get really interesting.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Yeah that clinic visit turned out like I thought. I hope spy or someone told Pat what to do to unfuck themselves.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Glad they finally got zoidberg'd

also lol at the alien with the rune falling through the world before they could get it

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

Rodyle posted:

Yeah that clinic visit turned out like I thought. I hope spy or someone told Pat what to do to unfuck themselves.

explain to me how the gently caress they were supposed to figure out that something is up in the clinic, I cant see anything that they might have missed since they searched every nook and cranny.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

They weren't, the game just goes nuts soon.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Al-Saqr posted:

explain to me how the gently caress they were supposed to figure out that something is up in the clinic, I cant see anything that they might have missed since they searched every nook and cranny.

Oh they had no chance of figuring it out, there's about 3 things they missed. 2 are subtle story elements, 1's an item you can only get later but which they hosed up by killing her now.

1: The Iosefka you fight is an imposter. 2: The real Iosefka is turned into the Kine who drops the blood vial after you beat Gascoigne and anyone you send shares that fate, killing their Kine forms gives their drops. 3: the item is needed for the real ending, you need to eat 3 of the 4 in the game and they just locked themselves out of one.

So like I said, the visit went how I thought :v:

Rody One Half fucked around with this message at 22:28 on May 11, 2015

KaosMachina
Oct 9, 2012

There's nothing special about me.
I hope thy do talk about Iga's kickstarter on today's podcast. Because drat, if this isn't almost exactly what everyone's been asking for.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

Rodyle posted:

I really, really hate it when real endings require psychic powers to access.

Wiseblood
Dec 31, 2000

Rodyle posted:

Oh they had no chance of figuring it out, there's about 3 things they missed. 2 are subtle story elements, 1's an item you can only get later but which they hosed up by killing her now.

1: The Iosefka you fight is an imposter. 2: The real Iosefka is turned into the Kine who drops the blood vial after you beat Gascoigne and anyone you send shares that fate, killing their Kine forms gives their drops. 3: the item is needed for the real ending, you need to eat 3 of the 4 in the game and they just locked themselves out of one.

The only way they can really completely lock themselves out of that at this point is if they use Arianna's blood too much and make Adella kill her out of jealousy.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Al-Saqr posted:

It's almost like you're not supposed to worry about it and only do %100 when you've beaten the game and feel like looking at a guide the whole way through.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Al-Saqr posted:

It's not quite as bad as it sounds. One drops off a story boss and the other can be found at any time assuming you explore a little better than Chewie and Fuckface. You do need to sort of luck into Iosefka's unless you know ahead of time or cooperate with her and find her missing at her post later.

Wiseblood posted:

The only way they can really completely lock themselves out of that at this point is if they use Arianna's blood too much and make Adella kill her out of jealousy.
Yeah but I don't know if the game actually directs you to Adella and GutsBaby's Sewer Party and they never found the Workshop.

E: also worth noting is that you can pretty heavily debate whether ending 3 is better than ending 1... although 90 % of blind runs get ending 2 :v:

Rody One Half fucked around with this message at 22:53 on May 11, 2015

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Woolie and Pat's duet at the start of the latest Bloodborne episode is pure fuckin' gold.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
you know it's a good episode of bloodborne when someone lets out a horrified "WHAT THE gently caress IS THAT?!"

MechanicalTomPetty
Oct 30, 2011

Runnin' down a dream
That never would come to me
I've been waiting so long for this update, you have no idea. :allears:

Actually kind of glad they lost all that insight because judging from the soundtrack in hunters dream they got enough to see through Rom's illusion early.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Lol, the real Iosefka's body fell through the floor so they couldn't loot it for her blood vial and now they have been reinforced in their belief that the doppelganger Iosefka is just Iosefka. The game has caused them to miss basically every clue that Iosefka's been replaced so far in one way or another. :allears:

Wordnumber
Jan 13, 2015
Iosefka's the alien in the starting room and she dropped the vial just fine, they just took it to mean "It's a general drop from that enemy to imply she's making the aliens." The guy that got knocked through the world was the cannibal.

Maybe they will see 'Impostor Doctor' in the credits and figure it out on their own.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Oh, right. Welp.

I'm pretty sure they didn't discover Iosefka in the LP until after she had already been replaced, unless that doesn't happen until after the first time you talk to her. I remember it took them a while to remember they could go in that direction. If that's the case, they never even met the real Iosefka so they have literally no way to know right now. :v:

MechanicalTomPetty
Oct 30, 2011

Runnin' down a dream
That never would come to me

CJacobs posted:

Oh, right. Welp.

I'm pretty sure they didn't discover Iosefka in the LP until after she had already been replaced, unless that doesn't happen until after the first time you talk to her. I remember it took them a while to remember they could go in that direction. If that's the case, they never even met the real Iosefka so they have literally no way to know right now. :v:

I think they did actually. In fact that was the main reason Pat was always leery of sending anyone to her because the first time they talked to her she told them to gently caress off. Then suddenly she's asking them to send any survivors her way in exchange for goodies.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Yea I didn't know the twist when I played but I was real suspicious of 'NO GO AWAY YOU MUST NOT GET MY WARDS SICK' changing to 'haha jk dude, gimmie all those people you're finding randomly in this super sick world my wards will be fine and I'll give you fun prizes!' Doppleganger cosmos beast caught me by surprise, though, I figured she just went nuts and was gonna go all 'mad doctor' on them.

Silentman0
Jul 11, 2005

I have a new neighbor. Heard he comes from far away

Red Minjo posted:

So the IGAVania kickstarter just went up here. One thing I notice: the $100+ backers get put in the credits under a clan that they choose, like the ones that the swordorwhip site apparently gave you. But also, there are YouTube Partner clans that you can put your name under. And one of them: The Zaibatsu Clan.

... Why are there separate Egoraptor and Game Grumps clans?

Charles Martel
Mar 7, 2007

"The Hero of the Age..."

The hero of all ages

Red Minjo posted:

Holy loving poo poo, how did I not know about this until now? Can't wait for this. David Hayter voice acting too!

Now that Inafune and Igarashi have funded games, I wonder how long we'll have to wait for Kojima's Kickstarter for another Snatcher. :pray:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Liam was joking about Unknown From M.E right?