Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mover
Jun 30, 2008

In like 10 years or whatever when the game eventually shuts off for good (do NOT quote this and make a joke about it dying in a year or w/e) they should do a big secret wars event that ends with a cutscene of the earth crashing into a parallel earth a la the last deadpool issue.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax
I can't believe Marvel is having a goddamn Crisis on Infinite Earths.

Marvel used to be better than that.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Irish Joe posted:

I can't believe Marvel is having a goddamn Crisis on Infinite Earths.

Marvel used to be better than that.

My favorite part is how in interviews they keep saying they're not rebooting the universe, meanwhile they're killing everyone and making sure that any characters in movie properties they don't control are shuttled off to nowheresville

Erdricks
Sep 8, 2005

There's nothing refreshing like a sauna!

Swagger Dagger posted:

My favorite part is how in interviews they keep saying they're not rebooting the universe, meanwhile they're killing everyone and making sure that any characters in movie properties they don't control are shuttled off to nowheresville

It's not Marvel, it's Disney. Keep that in mind.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Ghostlight posted:

Actually, it's just the universes with Earths in them. The rest were 'unmoored' from the multiverse during the prelude to Infinity War. So since the game still exists, canonically it cannot be taking place on Earth.
If you play it then you are tacitly agreeing to no Earths and therefore a traitor and terrorist. Uninstall immediately or turn yourself in to the authorities as a war criminal!

Mover
Jun 30, 2008

Yeah they've done stuff like this on a smaller scale before I guess, I'll be suprised if much changes outside of some dudes from the Ultimate side of things being ported over and maybe people like Cable having their origins cleaned up. In the mean time we get crazy stories they couldn't tell if there was continuity to worry about. We already know that some books aren't even addressing the event, just picking up where they left off after.

Like, keep in mind that at one point Iron Man was revealed to have always been an agent of Kang the Conqueror, killed off, replaced with teenage Tony from Counter Earth, re aged, and that's the Iron Man we have today. Didn't really change anything about the character.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
So I've owned Nightcrawler since the day he was released and I've yet to finish leveling him past 42.

That's it that's the post.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Swagger Dagger posted:

They had the same lines during Heroes Reborn, which was even more explicitly a reboot - but one that ultimately ended in everything going back to normal.

Kainser
Apr 27, 2010

O'er the sea from the north
there sails a ship
With the people of Hel
at the helm stands Loki
After the wolf
do wild men follow

Mover posted:

Yeah they've done stuff like this on a smaller scale before I guess, I'll be suprised if much changes outside of some dudes from the Ultimate side of things being ported over and maybe people like Cable having their origins cleaned up.

Hah, as if Marvel cares about characters they don't have movie rights to.

malhavok
Jan 18, 2013

Swagger Dagger posted:

It's cute how they think that anything that happens in comics is going to affect the movies.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

the comics and the movies need to directly reflect one another, which is why the Avengers in the movies are going to be Captain America, Black Widow, War Machine, Scarlet Witch, Falcon, and Vision while in the comic books it's going to be Ms Marvel, Nova, Spider-Man, Captain America (falcon), Thor (a lady), Vision, and Iron Man (someone). to make sure the teams are identical to one another. for brand synergy.

Donde Esta
Sep 6, 2006

:getin:

Swagger Dagger posted:

Yeah Hickman continuously flat out ignores the existence of the Fantastic Four.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Kelp Plankton posted:

the comics and the movies need to directly reflect one another, which is why the Avengers in the movies are going to be Captain America, Black Widow, War Machine, Scarlet Witch, Falcon, and Vision while in the comic books it's going to be Ms Marvel, Nova, Spider-Man, Captain America (falcon), Thor (a lady), Vision, and Iron Man (someone). to make sure the teams are identical to one another. for brand synergy.

(That's a temporary team that will only last the length of Secret Wars,)

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Aphrodite posted:

(That's a temporary team that will only last the length of Secret Wars,)

that is the team after secret wars, not during

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I'm probably mixing them up with the girl Avengers.

Man that's a lovely team of Avengers. They better hope they don't end up having to fight any Justice Leagues or 616 is hosed.

Lozareth
Jun 11, 2006

AllLuckySevens posted:

So, did they fix the Vision, or did people just learn to play him? I remember hearing that he's worse than hawkman before his pass.

What's a strong build?

http://marvelheroes.info/build/15337/ is what I use at end-game.
http://marvelheroes.info/build/14760/ is how I leveled.

He's got bugs and he's clunky until you really get him down. To me he's a hell of a lot of fun regardless. Blow up your pet on bosses, it's like a second sig. During one of my prestiges I didn't even notice I hadn't spent omega points until the high 50's so I'm confident of the performance of my leveling spec without 7500 omega points. Use comeuppance/high-density slam to clear trash when you run low on solar energy and reset the cooldown with density shift.

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax

Kelp Plankton posted:

And people wonder why the comics industry is floundering.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Irish Joe posted:

And people wonder why the comics industry is floundering.

there's like a dozen things you could point to for that before reaching 'sometimes the avengers don't always have the same people in it'

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RZuo5vsctX8

Forget about Venom, nerf Nova instead

Lux Aeterna
Feb 19, 2005

speaking of nerfing/buffing

HYPOTHETICALLY

if there were going to be some baby tuning changes with the doom patch, what would be some big (and easy) changes that would shore up some of the guys that aren't slated to be fixed anytime soon?

I'm thinking stuff like durations on dots all being 6 seconds minimum (rip 3-5 second dots), some specific powers that have fallen behind (x-slash, photonic wave, predator's frenzy, enthrall) and other little things that if a quick tuning pass was made, would be immensely beneficial if the QoL isn't coming for months.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Tune down damage across the board by 10% and then reduce everyone's damage mitigation by 10% to a minimum of 0

Kainser
Apr 27, 2010

O'er the sea from the north
there sails a ship
With the people of Hel
at the helm stands Loki
After the wolf
do wild men follow
It would be cool if they did another global tuning pass like they did during december 2013, that one actually helped a bit if I recall correctly.

A lot harder now with more heroes though.

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

StashAugustine posted:

Tune down damage across the board by 10% and then reduce everyone's damage mitigation by 10% to a minimum of 0
Banned for account sharing with gibby

godface zillah
Nov 18, 2012

Lux Aeterna posted:

HYPOTHETICALLY

if there were going to be some baby tuning changes with the doom patch, what would be some big (and easy) changes that would shore up some of the guys that aren't slated to be fixed anytime soon?

I'm thinking stuff like durations on dots all being 6 seconds minimum (rip 3-5 second dots), some specific powers that have fallen behind (x-slash, photonic wave, predator's frenzy, enthrall) and other little things that if a quick tuning pass was made, would be immensely beneficial if the QoL isn't coming for months.

Writhing Tendrils and Wanda's sig will last 6 seconds? Rich get richer.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Kainser posted:

It would be cool if they did another global tuning pass like they did during december 2013, that one actually helped a bit if I recall correctly.

A lot harder now with more heroes though.
it really wouldn't be a bad idea to do this at the end of the year, assuming they've finished everyone's 52 rework and given QOL to the guys that really need them. once they have everyone playing in an interesting and fun way, tune some numbers.

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you

StashAugustine posted:

Stop it

ndub
Jun 9, 2007

Lux Aeterna posted:

HYPOTHETICALLY

triple all of cable's base damage values :tipshat:

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug
So is setting up my Winter Soldier to focus on his first three firepower skills for shitloads of little AoE hits and underslung grenade/knife throw for AoE damage over time a way to go? Plus my signature, naturally. I like him a lot but I'm dying a lot in one-shots now that I'm close to 60, though I think some of that is levelling up faster than I'm getting decent gear.

NotALizardman
Jun 5, 2011

So, I apologize for being a dick after that AXIS raid. I was kind of frustrated, we've beat that goddamn fight before like so many times, and now all of a sudden we can't. I was blaming stuff on people mokhu for no reason, and it was lovely and I'm sorry.

but everyone get an invuln core before you axis, that is non-negotiable

NotALizardman fucked around with this message at 03:28 on May 11, 2015

Lux Aeterna
Feb 19, 2005

Damnit mokhu not again

NotALizardman
Jun 5, 2011

he didn't do anything wrong except play scarlet witch so i singled him out and acted like a retard

Dosvidanya
May 28, 2004

I don't advertise for free ;-*
blaming mokhu is my goto move find your own scapegoat

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

lizardman goes too far by unleashing his rage, exiles self in shame

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TzMSfaNXYZg

godface zillah
Nov 18, 2012

Some are calling for him to step down as leader over this scandal.

NotALizardman
Jun 5, 2011

Kelp Plankton posted:

lizardman goes too far by unleashing his rage, exiles self in shame

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TzMSfaNXYZg

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.
You'll always be welcome in Toot Farts, lizardman

cams
Mar 28, 2003

ew is this what this costume actually looks like

weird proportions

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Like a hollow-point bullet
Straight to the head
I never missed...you

Lozareth posted:

http://marvelheroes.info/build/15337/ is what I use at end-game.
http://marvelheroes.info/build/14760/ is how I leveled.

He's got bugs and he's clunky until you really get him down. To me he's a hell of a lot of fun regardless. Blow up your pet on bosses, it's like a second sig. During one of my prestiges I didn't even notice I hadn't spent omega points until the high 50's so I'm confident of the performance of my leveling spec without 7500 omega points. Use comeuppance/high-density slam to clear trash when you run low on solar energy and reset the cooldown with density shift.
I'm guessing the M'Kraan Crystal is to get a few more punches out of Power of the Sun?

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

cams posted:

ew is this what this costume actually looks like

weird proportions

That's not a costume. That's NotALizardman.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mover
Jun 30, 2008

Skimmed over the thumbnail and thought this said "bad mokhu force," loled.

• Locked thread