Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

Did we ever get UK prices for this week's EU eShop releases? Wanna know if Puzzle & Dragons is the same price digitally as it will be in stores.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

What the gently caress is a Tapwave Zodiac

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

Katana Gomai posted:

It is another successful gaming platform, upon which you can use the Nintendo eShop, obviously.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

Cat Machine posted:

Did we ever get UK prices for this week's EU eShop releases? Wanna know if Puzzle & Dragons is the same price digitally as it will be in stores.

It'll probably be cheaper in stores because the digital price is always RRP and rarely moves. GAME UK discounts their eShop codes sometimes, I guess?

EDIT: pre-order retail price £21.99, eShop price £24.99
http://www.game.co.uk/en/puzzle-dragons-z-with-puzzle-dragons-super-mario-edition-324197/?merchname=3ds-_-banner-_-PuzzlesandDragonsZ

EDIT EDIT: they have codes for some third-party VC games now, too - Double Dragon, a bunch of Megaman games, some Sonic Game Gear games, etc.

PaletteSwappedNinja fucked around with this message at 16:10 on May 6, 2015

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Katana Gomai posted:

It was a palm pilot with buttons and the sickest version of that GBA Tony Hawk.

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Good lord!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yH7r85nG8vo

My mom has that shirt.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
So, there was just a Nintendo Direct for Splatoon, here's the eShop-related news:

-There's a demo! Well, it's more of a multiplayer beta, really, as you can only play during designated times. From the US PR: "The first Testfire event is scheduled for 8-9 p.m. Pacific time on Friday, May 8, with additional opportunities on Saturday, May 9, at both 4-5 a.m. and 12-1 p.m."

-The EU digital price will be €39.99/£34.99, and if you download the demo you can get a 10% discount on the digital price until June 4.

-They'll be periodically adding new maps shortly after launch, and the first major update is scheduled for August; it'll add new battle modes, gear and online options (custom friends matches, party migration), all free

-NA dudes, if you buy/preorder at Gamestop you'll get some Splatoon Mii Fighter costumes for Smash!

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
The demo's up now, ~600MB. Pre-load is also up, ~2.3GB. Search for "Splatoon" on the eShop and you'll find 'em.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

The demo's up now, ~600MB. Pre-load is also up, ~2.3GB. Search for "Splatoon" on the eShop and you'll find 'em.

I don't think NA gets it today because I can't find it.

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!
It's already up, should be the first drat thing at the top of the eShop.

Fremry
Nov 4, 2003
What's the NA store update for today?

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Fremry posted:

What's the NA store update for today?

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2015/05/nintendo_download_7th_may_north_america

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

That punches a hole in Natsume's claim that the SNES VC was abandoned.

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

*Insert Sailor Jupiter joke here*
Megaman & Bass first? Blech.

Well, at least MMBN4 didn't get first dibs to show up.

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

I assume it racked up the votes because people want to fill out their collection of "classic" style Mega Mans a little more. It's the last one left that can be done through Virtual Console, and I'm not exactly holding my breath for upgrades of 9/10 or a port of 8.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

Supercar Gautier posted:

I assume it racked up the votes because people want to fill out their collection of "classic" style Mega Mans a little more. It's the last one left that can be done through Virtual Console, and I'm not exactly holding my breath for upgrades of 9/10 or a port of 8.

A port of 8 is probably never going to happen, but rereleasing 9/10 (perhaps as a combo pack) on the Wii U shop doesn't sound too far fetched to me.

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

You know they say that all demons are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Pyro Jack and you can see that statement is not true, hee-ho!

jivjov posted:

A port of 8 is probably never going to happen, but rereleasing 9/10 (perhaps as a combo pack) on the Wii U shop doesn't sound too far fetched to me.

It would require Capcom to acknowledge the Wii U again, and I dunno if they want to do that when they can just port their entire library of Resident Evil games to every console except the Wii U.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

Mercury Crusader posted:

It would require Capcom to acknowledge the Wii U again, and I dunno if they want to do that when they can just port their entire library of Resident Evil games to every console except the Wii U.

An old Mega Man game was just released on the eShop today.

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

jivjov posted:

A port of 8 is probably never going to happen

Not unless we get Sega Saturn emulation in the future.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

Quest For Glory II posted:

That punches a hole in Natsume's claim that the SNES VC was abandoned.

Metal Marines was in the queue for almost a year.

TechnoSyndrome
Apr 10, 2009

STARE

jivjov posted:

Throwing a ROM into an emulator is a lot different from doing actual port work. Making a profit on Virtual Console releases is probably trivial.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
High Strangeness, one of the games released on the NA Wii U eShop today, is actually the first ever game funded by Kickstarter - it got funded way back in '09 but is only coming out now.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

TechnoSyndrome posted:

Throwing a ROM into an emulator is a lot different from doing actual port work. Making a profit on Virtual Console releases is probably trivial.

Okay? I'm not suggesting they port MM9&10, just rerelease them on the Wii U interface. Set them up like the Wii games that just act as a shortcut into Wii Mode.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll
Here's the rest of the Mega Man release schedule this month: http://www.nintendo.com/eshop/mega-may

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

jivjov posted:

And miraculously enough they just put tron Bonne up on the Playstation Store. I wonder if they'll do the mml games.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

the GBA port of MM&B is not great. MMBN3 is weird: the blue version got a bunch of bonus stuff that the white version is missing. However, I think the white version lets you use ninja form or whatever which was pretty sweet. Not that you can collect all the chips anyway without playing multiplayer. Anyway, MMBN3 is considered the best in the series, and I would agree. MMZ2 is also really great, probably the best in that series.

Do not buy MMBN4. It is an abomination.

Zaa Boogie
Sep 13, 2007

"Suckle on this receptacle!"

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

the GBA port of MM&B is not great. MMBN3 is weird: the blue version got a bunch of bonus stuff that the white version is missing. However, I think the white version lets you use ninja form or whatever which was pretty sweet. Not that you can collect all the chips anyway without playing multiplayer. Anyway, MMBN3 is considered the best in the series, and I would agree.

Didn't Capcom make it so you can actually get all the chips without multiplayer in the VC release of MMBN2?

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Ineffiable posted:

And miraculously enough they just put tron Bonne up on the Playstation Store. I wonder if they'll do the mml games.

They've said before Legends has some licensing problems or something like that. Something where they would need to edit the games to be able to rerelease them, which they probably don't want to do, and Sony supposedly doesn't allow edited versions of the PS1 Classics anyway.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

elf help book posted:

They've said before Legends has some licensing problems or something like that. Something where they would need to edit the games to be able to rerelease them, which they probably don't want to do, and Sony supposedly doesn't allow edited versions of the PS1 Classics anyway.

Maybe they should just pay for the goddamn license with all that Monster Hunter money.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

What are these ExCave games? Are they any good? I do like action adventure RPG's but maybe I should just play Link Between Worlds again.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Takoluka posted:

Maybe they should just pay for the goddamn license with all that Monster Hunter money.

My understanding is that it isn't about licensing, it's about the voice acting, and it's a huge contractual clusterfuck. I'm guessing that if Tron Bonne hit they either got that resolved (and are waiting for a hype moment to release MML1 and 2) or whatever it is holding it up doesn't involve the Bonne's voice actors.

Ultigonio
Oct 26, 2012

Well now.

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

However, I think the white version lets you use ninja form or whatever which was pretty sweet.
Blue is Ninja, White is Ground Style. That said, Blue gets Folderback, and Folderback is so good that Blue completely outclasses White.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

ImpAtom posted:

My understanding is that it isn't about licensing, it's about the voice acting, and it's a huge contractual clusterfuck. I'm guessing that if Tron Bonne hit they either got that resolved (and are waiting for a hype moment to release MML1 and 2) or whatever it is holding it up doesn't involve the Bonne's voice actors.

What kind of amazing lawyers do the japanese voice acting industry employ

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

Looper posted:

I think the issue with MML's VA is that the company that owned the contract no longer exists but they couldn't guarantee the contract wasn't transferred to someone else and they didn't know where to start looking (and it's MML so they're not gonna try very hard).

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

Looper posted:

A lot of Japanese VAs are also pop stars whose voices belong to record companies. I don't know about Tron Bonne in particular but I wouldn't be surprised if that was the case there too.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

I also hear that for VA work, sometimes you have to license for digital distribution specifically. So somehow capcom still has the license maybe for a physical release but they would need a new license for digital distribution. Because why would you buy that in the psx days.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Ultigonio posted:

Blue is Ninja, White is Ground Style. That said, Blue gets Folderback, and Folderback is so good that Blue completely outclasses White.

Ground style was good from what I remember. Nothing beats Bug style though. Bug Style is the best gently caress every other style.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
PAL update (week of May 14):

quote:

WII U eSHOP DOWNLOADS
    Ultratron - €8.49 / £6.50 until May 28, regular price €9.99/£7.99
    Nihilumbra - €6.99 / £5.49 until May 28, regular price €8.99 / £6.99
WII U VIRTUAL CONSOLE
    Mega Man Zero 4 (GBA) - €6.99 / £6.29
    Mega Man Battle Network 2 (GBA) - €6.99 / £6.29
WII U SALES/PROMOTIONS
    Own a digital Kirby game for Wii U/3DS, get Kirby and the Rainbow Paintbrush for €35.99 / £31.49! - runs from May 8-14
    Puzzle Monkeys (Wii U eShop) - €1.99 / £1.99 until May 13
    Angry Birds Star Wars (Wii U) - €9.99 / £7,49 until May 13
    Angry Birds Trilogy (Wii U) - €9.99 / £7,49 until May 13
    Spongebob Squarepants: Plankton's Robotic Revenge (Wii U) - €29.99 / £24.99 until May 13
    Amazing Spiderman 2 (Wii U) - €29.99 / £24.99 until May 13
    Amazing Spiderman Ultimate Edition (Wii U) - €29.99 / £24.99 until May 13
    Transformers Prime (Wii U) - €29.99 / £24.99 until May 13
    Transformers: Rise of the Dark Spark (Wii U) - €29.99 / £24.99 until May 13
    Puddle (Wii U eShop) - €1.99 until May 14
    Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams (Wii U eShop) - €7.49 / £? from May 14-21
    Wooden Sen'SeY (Wii U eShop) - €2.99 / £? from May 14-21
    Art of Balance (Wii U eShop) - €6.70 / £5.36 until May 21
    Family Tennis SP (Wii U eShop) - €3.70 / £2.99 until May 21
    Nano Assault Neo (Wii U eShop) - €7.49 / £6.70 until May 21
    TNT Racers (Wii U eShop) - €4.99 until May 21
    Suspension Bridge Simulator (Wii U eShop) - €7.19 until May 21
    Trine: Enchanted Edition (Wii U eShop) - €8.99 until May 21
    Trine 2: Directors' Cut (Wii U eShop) - €8.49 until May 21
    Steamworld Dig (Wii U eShop) - €4.49 until May 28
    Ducktales Remastered (Wii U eShop) - €6.69 / £? from May 14-28
    Dungeons & Dragons: Chronicles of Mystara (Wii U eShop) - €5.99 / £? from May 14-28
    Resident Evil Revelations (Wii U eShop) - €14.99 / £? from May 14-28
    Guac' a Mole (Wii U eShop) - €2.69 / £? from May 14-June 11

3DS RETAIL DOWNLOADS
    Code Name: S.T.E.A.M. - €39.99 / £34.99, includes free menu theme (May 15)
3DS eSHOP DOWNLOADS
    3D Thunder Blade - €4.99 / £4.49
3DS HOME MENU THEMES
    Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate: Hunter’s Weapon Gallery - (free until July 4)
3DS SALES/PROMOTIONS
    Buy Azure Striker Gunvolt, get Mighty Gunvolt for free! (3DS eShop) - ends July 3
    Angry Birds Star Wars (3DS) - €9.99 / £7,49 funtil May 13
    Angry Birds Trilogy (3DS) - €9.99 / £7,49 until May 13
    Moshi Monsters Moshlings Thme Park (3DS) - €14.99 / £9.99 until May 13
    Spongebob Heropants (3DS) - €14.99 / £9.99 until May 13
    Spongebob Squarepants: Plankton's Robotic Revenge (3DS) - €19.99 / £14.99 until May 13
    Amazing Spiderman 2 (3DS) - €25.99 / £18.99 until May 13
    Amazing Spiderman Ultimate Edition (3DS) - €25.99 / £18.99 until May 13
    Transformers Prime (3DS - €19.99 / £14.99 until May 13
    Transformers: Rise of the Dark Spark (3DS) - €19.99 / £14.99 until May 13
    Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (3DS) - €19.99 / £14.99 until May 13
    Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Danger of the Ooze (3DS) - €19.99 / £14.99 until May 13
    Kirby Triple Deluxe (3DS) - €29.99 until May 14
    Shin Megami Tensei 4 (3DS eShop) - €9.99 until May 14
    Hakuoki: Memories of the Shinsengumi (3DS) - €11.99 / £? from May 14-21
    Harvest Moon: A Tale of Two Towns (3DS) - €9.99 / £? from May 14-21
    Hometown Story (3DS) - €14.99 / £? from May 14-21
    Virtue's Last Reward (3DS) - €9.99 / £? from May 14-21
    BIT.TRIP Saga (3DS eShop) - €4.99 / £? from May 14-21
    Aeternoblade (Wii U eShop) - €7.99 until May 21
    Art of Balance (3DS eShop) - €5.20 / £4.70 until May 21
    Fun! Fun! Minigolf Touch! (3DS eShop) - €2.24 / £1.87 until May 21
    Jett Rockett 2: Wrath of Taikai (Wii U eShop) - €6.70 / £5.70 until May 21
    Nano Assault EX (Wii U eShop) - €7.49 / £6.70 until May 21
    Steamworld Dig (3DS eShop) - €4.49 until May 28
    Resident Evil Revelations (3DS) - €9.89 / £? from May 14-28
    Resident Evil Mercenaries (3DS) - €3.99 / £? from May 14-28
    Super Street Fighter 4 3D (3DS) - €7.99 / £? from May 14-28
CLUB NINTENDO DIGITAL REWARDS
    Tons of games across Wii U, 3DS and Wii! - list here, rewards page here. Ends September 30.

(Nintendo UK didn't list their sales prices, sorry)

Ultratron is a twin-stick shooter from the maker of Titan Attacks and published by Curve Digital, that's all I got.

Nihilumbra is the zillionth moody puzzle/platformer released this week; it seems to have reviewed pretty well, and the Wii U version has an exclusive co-op mode.

3D Thunder Blade is the least essential of all the Sega 3D Classics but this is probably the last time it'll ever be ported to anything, so if ever feel like checking it out, this is the version to get. One thing that sets it apart from the other sprite-scaling Sega games is that it transitions between top-down and behind-the-vehicle perspectives during gameplay, which probably looks cool in stereo 3D.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Nihilumbra is the zillionth moody puzzle/platformer

Heh, even the title literally means nothing shadow. They really wanted to make sure you knew it was going to be dour.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

3D Thunder Blade is the least essential of all the Sega 3D Classics

You sure that's not Altered Beast?

Also strange how you guys have Zero 4 already yet we don't even have Zero 2 until next week here and on the reverse of that we'll have BN4 this month while you guys are just now getting 2 (Though BN4 is nothing to be happy about).