Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
saltylopez
Mar 30, 2010

the.pope posted:

I'm still downloading this i guess.

Aw hell yes. Soon you and the sound of my beard shall be reunited.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DrSeRRoD
Apr 5, 2008

Looks like Brown Town is about to get weird. Someone better call Thrall.

Make sure to check out our site (http://getweirdwith.us) and register. We have a lot of lowbie crap in the bank. It isn't as seamless and easy to request stuff, but we have tons of stuff that might help the leveling process. Next time you are in game, I will make you a wand so you can mow through mobs.

DrSeRRoD fucked around with this message at 12:29 on May 7, 2015

Eyochigan
Dec 13, 2006

It's not rape unless I explicitly see it!
Pop in it's bug time.

DrSeRRoD
Apr 5, 2008

AQ20 need a few DPS mens and we're rdy to roll. Geddon after, but might push him to tomorrow if we can't get 20 people.

DrSeRRoD
Apr 5, 2008

Eyochigan posted:

Pop in it's bug time.

Poppin more bugs in 10m! Need some deeps.

BiggerThanPete
Nov 11, 2012

Guys, I'm going in.

saltylopez posted:

In as Kazzdel if anybody can shoot me an invite. I've played with a few of ya on Algalon before I got burnt out and I'm looking to check out this server.

Edit: Tanners, I got your /tell but I cant respond til level 5.

the.pope posted:

Oh god, Shish....

I'm still downloading this i guess.

BiggerThanPete
Nov 11, 2012

Guys, I'm going in.
By the way....I still have the client on my computer and a level 60 dwarf priest. Should I log in? Can you guys carry me in my crappy blues?

KYH
Mar 23, 2015

I hate you for making me do this.
...:smithicide:
In as KYH <BROWN TOWN> quality raiding here we come!

Tanners
Dec 13, 2011

woof

KYH posted:

heeeeeeeeere we go

Firos
Apr 30, 2007

Staying abreast of the latest developments in jam communism

:aaaaa:
Shiiiiiiiit.

saltylopez
Mar 30, 2010

KYH posted:

BiggerThanPete posted:

By the way....I still have the client on my computer and a level 60 dwarf priest. Should I log in? Can you guys carry me in my crappy blues?

DrSeRRoD
Apr 5, 2008

BiggerThanPete posted:

Yes, log in. If you can heal and put up a fearward in a rotation,we need you. Show up to every raid and you will be 8/8 T2 in no time.

MrKonarski
May 9, 2012
I'd like to come back to Vanilla, Would you guys be able to send an invite?

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe

MrKonarski posted:

I'd like to come back to Vanilla, Would you guys be able to send an invite?

Just take this post and put it in pm form in the game and send it to some nerd in the guild.

Spuds MacKenzie
Jul 29, 2006
Mustachio Faced Man
I'm in as Baconthecat. I started a character a while ago but gave up around level 20. This is my second try, and hopefully I can make it to level 60 this time.

Tanners
Dec 13, 2011

woof
Secret links for Kazz: do not look

http://puu.sh/hIC6t/dccceda4c0.7z

http://puu.sh/hIGOo/19e2ebe846.7z

TheShadowAvatar
Nov 25, 2004

Ain't Nothing But A Family Thing

gently caress

DrSeRRoD
Apr 5, 2008

1 Heal 3 DPS for AQ20!

saltylopez
Mar 30, 2010

:getin:

TheShadowAvatar
Nov 25, 2004

How terrible is healing in vanilla. I have a rogue on the server but its languishing at level 14 and I have no desire to play it.

Tanners
Dec 13, 2011

woof

TheShadowAvatar posted:

How terrible is healing in vanilla. I have a rogue on the server but its languishing at level 14 and I have no desire to play it.

Dwarf priest

Firos
Apr 30, 2007

If you start a priest Gnomak will make you a bunch of wands for levelling :toot:

Mazz
Dec 12, 2012

Orion, this is Sperglord Actual.
Come on home.
I still have a 35 mage on the server and the last 2 pages of this thread brought a tear to my eye.

Someone find me TukUI for 1.12.1 :smith:

Mazz fucked around with this message at 00:32 on May 11, 2015

Firos
Apr 30, 2007

http://tinyurl.com/orqjyfu

mewse
May 2, 2006

TheShadowAvatar posted:

There's a geared dwarf priest I could pass to you that was being played by another friend of mine from retail

TheShadowAvatar
Nov 25, 2004

mewse posted:

There's a geared dwarf priest I could pass to you that was being played by another friend of mine from retail

Yo this please

Eyochigan
Dec 13, 2006

ZG IDOL RUN HAPPENING RIGHT NOW

But we need a few more numbers to make it happen more smoothly, log in if you're not online etc.

edit: raincheck, tuesday/tba.

Eyochigan fucked around with this message at 02:01 on May 11, 2015

DrSeRRoD
Apr 5, 2008

Can't fill a 40-man and now we're having to pug our 20-mans. Where is everyone???

Mazz
Dec 12, 2012

Orion, this is Sperglord Actual.
Come on home.

Oh I looked before, they were all terrible though. I found a good remake of ElvUI though, which is basically the same thing.

Dr. Fraiser Chain
May 18, 2004

Redlining my shit posting machine

DrSeRRoD posted:

Can't fill a 40-man and now we're having to pug our 20-mans. Where is everyone???

In Europe

Khako
Dec 24, 2008

Lee #61
Starting fresh here with a hunter. I'll be in as Khako.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
someone give me a 60 anything so i dont have to level

Khako
Dec 24, 2008

Lee #61

Abu Dave posted:

srypher
Jun 3, 2011

Really?
My dwarf hunter, Dulfy, could use an invite whenever anyone gets a chance

DrSeRRoD
Apr 5, 2008

Abu Dave posted:

What we've experienced is that every time we've let someone play an existing lvl 60 in the past, they usually take a while to figure out how to play their class when they suddenly have 30 buttons instead of progressively getting a new one or two every couple of levels, sometimes even during raids lol, and then they end up quitting much earlier than everyone else since, who cares, I didn't invest my time in this. It would be far better if people leveled and learned their class and were invested in the time so they actually stick around. There's a bunch of guys leveling now and plenty of help with items and stuff from the guild. You can do it!

Besides, I think the majority of those that just insta-quit and didn't let us know after we gave them an account never properly 'returned' the characters anyway and they're probably in limbo somewhere out there with no tracking of the account name/pwd after they change the info. RIP all those until the original owners return, if ever, and reclaim them on the wow-one site. Enjoy the journey before all that's left is logging in for raids or sitting in IF. :)

DrSeRRoD fucked around with this message at 13:00 on May 12, 2015

Tangents
Aug 23, 2008

DrSeRRoD posted:

What we've experienced is that every time we've let someone play an existing lvl 60 in the past, they usually take a while to figure out how to play their class when they suddenly have 30 buttons instead of progressively getting a new one or two every couple of levels,

Ehhhh. A hunter has literally a two button rotation, I don't know about other classes but I think you're greatly overstating how hard it is to figure out this poo poo on the fly.

Eyochigan
Dec 13, 2006

Knowing how to survive when poo poo hits the fan, when to feign death, managing their pet, kiting; skills that you have to teach yourself in order to level efficiently. If you never have to learn it, and somebody has to tell you to L2P, it becomes homework.

Tangents
Aug 23, 2008

Except leveling teaches you none of that, you don't need to kite poo poo from 1-60. Or even your rotation, come to think of it, unless you level as MM.

It's less 'attachment to the character' and more 'sunk cost fallacy' imo

Eyochigan
Dec 13, 2006

Yes absolutely, you can face mash against the keyboard to 60. Most people have their eyes open at least and can figure out basic things like Aspect of the Cheetah dazes when you're hit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DrSeRRoD
Apr 5, 2008

Yea, really the main class we've handed out has been a dwarf priest, which is now on his 5th or 6th owner, but is usually one of the class/race combos we lack so it helps. No matter though, all those guys have taken the info to their graves with no original creators around to go and reclaim them on the sites. Come have fun leveling and chatting with us anyway!

DrSeRRoD fucked around with this message at 18:38 on May 12, 2015

• Locked thread