Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

it's going to suck when harper injures himself in a couple of weeks. would really love to see his numbers at the end of a full season.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Would you guys rather have Cutch or Big E ros

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer
Bryce Harper is only 22 years old.

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

the_american_dream posted:

Would you guys rather have Cutch or Big E ros

Gimme Cutch, unless you need HR over steals.

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

doesn't matter if you need steals over HR. always take HR. you can find steals on waivers at any point in the season. HR, not so much.

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Drew Smyly back on the DL again? :ughh: I guess I'm in on the Syndergaard bandwagon.

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

:derp:   :kayak:                                     

Abel Wingnut posted:

doesn't matter if you need steals over HR. always take HR. you can find steals on waivers at any point in the season. HR, not so much.

if you like crappy players who hurt every other category

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I've got a case of malt liquor stashed in the trunk, Mr. Marvin Gaye on the CD. We are gonna get all the way down.

Rand alPaul posted:

Drew Smyly back on the DL again? :ughh:

aww damnit... he was kicking rear end too. :(

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

Playoffs are no big deal,
don't have a crap attack.
One of these years, Harper was going to become a top-5 player. It's still a long season, but I wouldn't be surprised if this was the level he played at for the rest of the season (well, maybe not the "5 homers in 2 games" level).

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

People need to stop getting injured

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
nvm dumb question

the_american_dream fucked around with this message at 17:14 on May 9, 2015

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Schweinhund posted:

if you like crappy players who hurt every other category

Depends. You won't sweep a roto league by only taking .200 25 HR batters but getting quality bats that specialize in contact and power over contact and speed usually gives you pretty good RBI, HR, and probably good BB/Runs too. Steal guys like Hamilton and Coco Crisp will give you a ton of steals, probably a healthy amount of runs, but will murder your average and .obps.

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D. posted:

aww damnit... he was kicking rear end too. :(

He really was. I was banking on him stabilizing my lovely rotation because:

Anibal Sanchez :negative: and now Julio Teheran getting shelled by Jose Lobaton!? :negative:

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

weas posted:

It's very strange that Guerrero doesn't have 2B eligibility on Yahoo, as he played 50+ games there last year in the minors. At least he'll be getting 3B with one more start.

finally getting it 2 weeks later :argh:

edit: unless it's rained out lol

edit2: fml

Schweinhund fucked around with this message at 23:17 on May 9, 2015

Pice of Shit
Jun 11, 2003
I got mail....yay.
See? See? Alexei Ramirez- not totally useless.

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

How many home runs will Bryce Harper hit? ALL OF THEM.

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN

Pice of poo poo posted:

See? See? Alexei Ramirez- not totally useless.

Indeed :buddy: nice lil surprise

Now hopefully Yelich remembers how to hit a baseball

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Schweinhund posted:

How many home runs will Bryce Harper hit? ALL OF THEM.

I'm loving his OBP game, too. Just sits and waits for his pitch and takes a walk. :swoon:

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Alexei :stare:

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Sorry fellow Drew Smyly fans/owners. Maybe next year.

http://hardballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/05/10/drew-smyly-likely-needs-season-ending-shoulder-surgery/

Pice of Shit
Jun 11, 2003
I got mail....yay.

Yessssss

weas
Jul 22, 2007

Tougher than the
toughest tough guy

Damnit.

JackssWastedLife
Oct 30, 2006

Diiiiiiiiiiiiiick

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

gently caress

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

Yahoo isn't showing yesterdays stats in h2h, for me at least.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I've got a case of malt liquor stashed in the trunk, Mr. Marvin Gaye on the CD. We are gonna get all the way down.

son of a bitch.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

Pineda has 14 ks through 6 IP so far.

Salazar has 11 ks through 6 IP so far.

:allears:

JackssWastedLife
Oct 30, 2006

I'm watching the Salazar game and he looks absolutely filthy. He's making the twins batters look straight up stupid and has retired 19 in a row.

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Was just coming in here to post that Danny Salazar owns.

JackssWastedLife
Oct 30, 2006

The most encouraging thing about Salazar is that he isn't walking anyone. 5 walks on the season and none in his last 3 starts (including today so far). I'm all in on Danny Salazar

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

Him and Pineda are certainly helping me forget about losing Smyly.

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Marcus Semien kind of good.

DannoMack
Aug 1, 2003

i love it when you call me big poppa
I gained 10pts today from Salazar and Pineda pitching and then Kershaw of all people fudges it up. Weird.

JackssWastedLife
Oct 30, 2006

Rand alPaul posted:

Marcus Semien kind of good.

Seriously. I got him as "Tulo injury backup" and he's been better than Tulo this year so far.

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer
Yahoo app needs to fix its loving push notifications. Last season you had the option to get alerts about players sitting and starting before game time

Combo
Aug 19, 2003

blarzgh posted:

Yahoo app needs to fix its loving push notifications. Last season you had the option to get alerts about players sitting and starting before game time

Last year the yahoo app spammed my phone with push notifications like 3 different times a few weeks apart. When I had all push notifications off. And it was the same one over and over again, like 75 times.

I had to uninstall the app and wait a couple of days for it to stop because it was doing it in the middle of the night.

So I'd rather them not touch the push notification system since its not doing that to me right now.

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe
Is Carlos Frias worth picking up this week as a 2 start pitcher?

It is for a RP slot; Francisco Rodriguez and Uehara are also available but it is a points league and generally starters are more productive.

Also this is me cutting Alex Wood.

bewbies fucked around with this message at 15:00 on May 11, 2015

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

bewbies posted:

Is Carlos Frias worth picking up this week as a 2 start pitcher?
He's only starting once this week :confused:

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

Playoffs are no big deal,
don't have a crap attack.
What do you do in a league where there's no pitcher of worth on the WW, and you drafted a collection of lottery tickets (Fiers, Shoemaker, and Hutch) and injured pitchers (Wheeler, Bailey, and Ryu), so there's no help on the way.

Ride it out, ride it out, ride it out.

My pitchers have pitched a stellar 4.74 ERA with a 1.44 WHIP.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

weas
Jul 22, 2007

Tougher than the
toughest tough guy

Twin Cinema posted:

What do you do in a league where there's no pitcher of worth on the WW, and you drafted a collection of lottery tickets (Fiers, Shoemaker, and Hutch) and injured pitchers (Wheeler, Bailey, and Ryu), so there's no help on the way.

Ride it out, ride it out, ride it out.

My pitchers have pitched a stellar 4.74 ERA with a 1.44 WHIP.

Are you describing all my teams? I want to blast Shoemaker off my team with a goddamn cannon.

• Locked thread