Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

Ghost of Reagan Past posted:

Kansas went 12-1 that year. Their only loss was to Missouri.

Who, I will remind you, was ranked #1 before the Big 12 Championship game.

Mark Mangino is a dark wizard, and also an unrepentant douchebag. He's such a douchebag he still hasn't found another HC job.

It's loving insane that Kansas would fire him for any reason up to and including murder.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghost of Reagan Past
Oct 7, 2003

rock and roll fun

Frackie Robinson posted:

It's loving insane that Kansas would fire him for any reason up to and including murder.
Fun fact: Mangino was two games away from being the winningest coach in Kansas history.

That other dude? Left Kansas before the invention of the forward pass.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Some former Illinois lineman is going off on Tim Beckman. Accuses him of abuse of power and doesn't think he got the medical attention he should have. And he's really pissed off about not being invited to the senior banquet.

e: Huh Illinois went to a bowl last year, who knew?

Kim Jong Il
Aug 16, 2003

Crotch Bat posted:

40 million to restart a club sport though? :cmon:

It's just an athletics department being lovely to a sport it doesn't consider important. That's not really unique, non-revenue sports get poo poo on frequently at all schools but at least crew has a history at Rutgers and would seemingly be good if Rutgers could support it at all.

They're lying about the 40 million, they couldn't raise a tenth of that when the sport was cut. Having all these sports are great but there's no money for them, if anything they should cut sports. Ohio State has more.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
I never really browse Reddit, but I was linked to the Jameis Winston thread and thought "I bet that anti-women thing is overblown".

I was wrong. I was so so wrong.

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

TIME IS THE FIRE IN WHICH WE BURN THE GAME CLOCK

swickles posted:

I never really browse Reddit, but I was linked to the Jameis Winston thread and thought "I bet that anti-women thing is overblown".

I was wrong. I was so so wrong.

Reddit makes it's living off of hosting the kind of poo poo that would make even the hardiest goon feel meek.

Emanuel Collective
Jan 16, 2008

by Smythe

Grittybeard posted:

Some former Illinois lineman is going off on Tim Beckman. Accuses him of abuse of power and doesn't think he got the medical attention he should have. And he's really pissed off about not being invited to the senior banquet.

Now some former Illini players are jumping onboard supporting his rant. Illinois deserves this for not firing Tim Beckman last year.

Fun fact: Tim Beckman intentionally makes injured/rehabbing players wear purple during practices, because those are Northwestern's colors.

Real Name Grover
Feb 13, 2002

Like corn on the cob
Fan of Britches

quote:

Simon Cvijanović
‏@IlliniSi

I didn't go to Toledo because Beckman told me yoohoo chocolate drink, their sponsor at the time, has more protein than muscle milk.

Of course, this is also the guy who, if memory serves, told Penn State recruits to come find him and his staff at a nearby hotel when Paterno was fired

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Grittybeard posted:

I remember my first beer

Emanuel Collective
Jan 16, 2008

by Smythe
So that Illini player also said he went on anti-depressants. The illini coaching staff somehow found out, took him to a closed door meeting, told him to get off the meds, with the OC telling him 'I'll make sure you don't make a penny' if be didn't. Holy hell. Fire the whole staff and fire the AD for sticking by this bumblefuck

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy

Emanuel Collective posted:

So that Illini player also said he went on anti-depressants. The illini coaching staff somehow found out, took him to a closed door meeting, told him to get off the meds, with the OC telling him 'I'll make sure you don't make a penny' if be didn't. Holy hell. Fire the whole staff and fire the AD for sticking by this bumblefuck

Does he have proof because if not nothings coming out of it

Morby
Sep 6, 2007

That's hosed up, if true. Hope the guy has evidence of this. If not, it'll go nowhere.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.
Well what evidence do you think is there anyway, it was a conversation. Nothing will come of this unless someone else can corroborate or maybe for some reason another player similarly threatened.

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
Wow, this will really set Illinois football back.

Mr. World
May 6, 2007
Working undercover for the man . . .

Detroit_Dogg posted:

Wow, this will really set Illinois football back.

:golfclap:

whos that broooown
Dec 10, 2009

2024 Comeback Poster of the Year
Yeah Beckman has always been a shitheel.

Real Name Grover posted:

Of course, this is also the guy who, if memory serves, told Penn State recruits to come find him and his staff at a nearby hotel when Paterno was fired

This part owned though.

wheez the roux
Aug 2, 2004
THEY SHOULD'VE GIVEN IT TO LYNCH

Death to the Seahawks. Death to Seahawks posters.

Real Name Grover posted:

he picked up right where penn state left off: exploiting children in secret meetings

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

RumbleFish posted:

Sounds almost as frustrating as beating Georgia three years in a row, beating everyone else in the East, and then watching Georgia play in Atlanta.

Well, you went to Atlanta in '10, at least, after beating Georgia. '11 Georgia is a good Mizzou comparison. Good, not great team, that benefitted mightily from other teams self-destructing. ('11 South Carolina losing at home to Auburn, I mean, why would you do that.)

'12 Georgia, though, they had to beat the #2 team in the nation to win the East, and they went toe-to-toe with Bama in the Dome. Mizzou has shown up twice to Atlanta and CBS needed a laugh track for the results.

Also, Georgia's conference schedule 11-12 was well-documented. For Mizzou, it's just gosh golly, they're a buncha cute upstarts and Pinkel's doing more with less!.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

RumbleFish posted:

If Georgia is really in the Everett Golson hunt, I don't see that as a sign of confidence. I guess I should be used to it, though, because Georgia will now and forever be the pick to win just about anything.

Most Internet Georgia Fans I know are rolling with yep, looks like we're overrated again. Many, many of us are a rational bunch.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

FSU is probably getting Golson:

http://www.tomahawknation.com/2015/5/11/8586767/florida-state-everett-golson-transfer-quarterback-notre-dame

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

gently caress :(

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

A lot of UGA internet fans seem to really want him because they think Richt can coach him up and maybe nobody is fully comfortable with Shottys new offense and JUST WAIT TILL EASON GETS HERE. Which might be true, but while Richt is a good QB coach, Bobo was a god damned QB-whisperer and I don't think that we'd throw the whole spring practices out with our current players to snag Golson, it just wouldn't make sense and I think might backfire for recruiting too.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight
Just gonna leave this here:

http://espn.go.com/blog/sec/post/_/id/101469/grooms-cake-features-nick-saban-riding-an-elephant-holding-crystal-ball

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Except his wife is a Gator.

http://www.alligatorarmy.com/2015/5/11/8586391/florida-gators-orange-and-blue-wedding-cake-alabama-crimson-tide

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

Clever girl.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Scarf posted:

Clever girl.

Anything that causes Bama Bro Misery is ok in my book.

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

3/18/2023: Day of the Dorks

D.N. Nation posted:

Well, you went to Atlanta in '10, at least, after beating Georgia. '11 Georgia is a good Mizzou comparison. Good, not great team, that benefitted mightily from other teams self-destructing. ('11 South Carolina losing at home to Auburn, I mean, why would you do that.)

'12 Georgia, though, they had to beat the #2 team in the nation to win the East, and they went toe-to-toe with Bama in the Dome. Mizzou has shown up twice to Atlanta and CBS needed a laugh track for the results.

Also, Georgia's conference schedule 11-12 was well-documented. For Mizzou, it's just gosh golly, they're a buncha cute upstarts and Pinkel's doing more with less!.

Mizzou and Auburn traded scores for three quarters in 2013, if you remember correctly.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Mike_V posted:

Mizzou and Auburn traded scores for three quarters in 2013, if you remember correctly.

Giving up 60 points automatically renders this null and void.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before

D.N. Nation posted:

Giving up 60 points automatically renders this null and void.

Lol. It's equally hilarious and pathetic how mad you are about mizzou football.

the mean lunch lady
Jun 24, 2009

went mad at sea
lots were drawn
Kroenke didn't survive
he was delicious

D.N. Nation posted:

Still seems like you're pretty mad about a team taking care of business after loving up. Look, all Georgia had to do was beat Florida last year and instead they got blasted by a team Mizzou handled easily. Mizzou can only play the conference schedule that's given to them and haven't had years of getting to play SEC schedules. Mizzou in '13 showed they were clearly better than Georgia (don't give me that injury BS because Mizzou definitely did not get that benefit in '12), so I don't know how you can complain about that team.

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs
Hi guys have some alternate-universe Hatin' rear end Spurrier

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

This should have been Michigan's fallback option if something happened to Harbaugh.

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
Guys quit bitching about Georgia. We're never going to win anything of note again and we know it so we're probably worth ignoring.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

quote:

I'm joking, Maryland's not all bad. They remind me a lot of an SEC fanbase. Mostly the racial slurs, but other things, too.

heh

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

quote:

If Urban Meyer wants to coach somewhere with three non-NFL grade quarterbacks and leave a toxic mess where no one will notice, the Cleveland Browns are ready when he is.

:drat:

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

If anyone can throw more INTs in Jimbo's offense than Jameis, it's Golson.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

LeeMajors posted:

If anyone can throw more INTs in Jimbo's offense than Jameis, it's Golson.

Beaten. Can't wait to see those ints.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Wish we got more information about this universe outside of football. I'd like to think it's the one where Dr. Manhattan exists and Nixon was the president through 1984.

Fussy Dutchman
Jul 29, 2008
Golson isn't that bad. Kelly put a lot on his shoulders last year and wouldn't Run The Dang Ball consistently enough.

I'd rather have him than Sean Maguire or whatever... However if he sucks it up at FSU I'll be the first to laugh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Fun fact: Tim Beckman intentionally makes injured/rehabbing players wear purple during practices, because those are Northwestern's colors.

lol

• Locked thread