Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Karrahad
Nov 4, 2010
I was eager to try GoG Galaxy but... it's quite poo poo. I'm getting full speed with the GoG downloader while Galaxy just drops to 0 - 100 kb/s after a few minutes and stays there. I understand it's still just beta, but I'd kinda expect it to have the simplest download management features by now. Can't even pause them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Riso
Oct 11, 2008

by merry exmarx
FWIW Galaxy works fine for me.

GrossMurpel
Apr 8, 2011

Karrahad posted:

I was eager to try GoG Galaxy but... it's quite poo poo. I'm getting full speed with the GoG downloader while Galaxy just drops to 0 - 100 kb/s after a few minutes and stays there. I understand it's still just beta, but I'd kinda expect it to have the simplest download management features by now. Can't even pause them.

Galaxy downloads at full speed for me but since I don't own too many GOG games it's just another piece of useless DRM for me, like the Social Club for GTA4 (and 5 from what I understand) or that Ubisoft thing.
I'm glad the downloader exists.

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup
So i downloaded the first 26 gigs and now it says 26/50 gigs to download so uh, yeah, I guess it's 50.

e: Nevermind, I guess what happened is after downloading and installing the game, it decided to download the installer (which is 23 gigs).

hopterque fucked around with this message at 14:08 on May 11, 2015

GrossMurpel
Apr 8, 2011

hopterque posted:

So i downloaded the first 26 gigs and now it says 26/50 gigs to download so uh, yeah, I guess it's 50.

That's probably just showing the download size from before they downgraded all the graphics.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
Is there going to be a Steam preload or is GoG going to start getting snooty about their games on Steam like other companies with digital storefronts?

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

Welp, the achievements announce it's time to embargo I guess. See you after release!

Comte de Saint-Germain
Mar 26, 2001

Snouk but and snouk ben,
I find the smell of an earthly man,
Be he living, or be he dead,
His heart this night shall kitchen my bread.
We just announced 1,000,000 pre-orders.

O_O

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup

Comte de Saint-Germain posted:

O_O

Congrats :3:

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

O_O

Nice!

I mean, is this unusual for a AAA game? Or is it just unusual for CDR because W2 was nohwere near as hyped as this?

Comte de Saint-Germain
Mar 26, 2001

Snouk but and snouk ben,

Ice Fist posted:

Nice!

I mean, is this unusual for a AAA game? Or is it just unusual for CDR because W2 was nohwere near as hyped as this?

I dunno, but I've never worked on anything that sold that many, total.

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

Does that include the Nvidia tie ins? I would hope so.

Slashrat
Jun 6, 2011

YOSPOS
Most publishers seem to make a huge deal of it when a game sells 1 million units total, so reaching that number before the game has even launched is impressive.

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

I hope CDR continues doing well and making awesome games, so congrats.

Also, I had a question a couple pages back: I'll paraphrase it here and maybe you can answer it: Are there situations in W3 where you fight someone and win, but the cutscene has you lose for plot reasons? It happened three times in W2 on Iorveth's path and it sorta ticks me off.

Comte de Saint-Germain
Mar 26, 2001

Snouk but and snouk ben,

Ice Fist posted:

Also, I had a question a couple pages back: I'll paraphrase it here and maybe you can answer it: Are there situations in W3 where you fight someone and win, but the cutscene has you lose for plot reasons? It happened three times in W2 on Iorveth's path and it sorta ticks me off.

The game is actually big enough that I can't say for certain, but not that I'm aware of.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

:cripes: I didn't realize AP was that big of a disaster.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

O_O

That is amazing.

Lord Lambeth posted:

Does that include the Nvidia tie ins? I would hope so.
Nvidia is probably in love with CDPR. Or maybe the opposite? Perhaps it is mutual...
(I would assume the game copy included with graphics cards counts but I know nothing about the how that poo poo works so :shrug: )

GrossMurpel
Apr 8, 2011

Ice Fist posted:

Three times? Letho, Philippa I think, who else?

Rinkles posted:

:cripes: I didn't realize AP was that big of a disaster.

Comte worked on Alpha Protocol? What's up with the weird spawn behavior in Leningradsky Station, Comte?

Comte de Saint-Germain
Mar 26, 2001

Snouk but and snouk ben,

GrossMurpel posted:

Comte worked on Alpha Protocol? What's up with the weird spawn behavior in Leningradsky Station, Comte?

I worked pretty much exclusively on Rome. Ask me about the weird spawn behavior in the ruins mission and I can help (i had no idea what I was doing).

GrossMurpel
Apr 8, 2011

I worked pretty much exclusively on Rome. Ask me about the weird spawn behavior in the ruins mission and I can help (i had no idea what I was doing).

I'm currently replaying it and the Ruins is my next mission. Isn't that the mission where you don't get attacked in the first part if you spared Shaheed? Actual gameplay consequences from your actions, that was loving awesome!

Arcanen
Dec 19, 2005

Will the (likely it seems?) commercial success of Witcher 3 significantly impact on Cyberpunk 2077? I've heard the teams are fairly separate (?), but I'm hoping there'll be some sweet sweet cash to be injected into that project. The world needs more sci-fi RPGs.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Has anyone gotten their pre-order codes yet for getting a 970 or 980?

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

What were the sales numbers for The Witcher and The Witcher 2?

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
2 million copies of Witcher 1 as of 2010, and as of March 2014, 7 million copies of Witcher 2.

keyframe
Sep 15, 2007

I have seen things

O_O

No it is 1,000,001 now. :3:

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

Karrahad posted:

getting the same problem but i just assume it was slow because a ton of people are pre-loading it now. got to 5.6% before speeds dropped to nothing.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat
It's still a week out, I don't see a big issue since they're doing the preload so early. Hope it's not an issue once the game's released.

Comte de Saint-Germain
Mar 26, 2001

Snouk but and snouk ben,

keyframe posted:

No it is 1,000,001 now. :3:

:thumbsup:

Karrahad
Nov 4, 2010

Deaderinred posted:

getting the same problem but i just assume it was slow because a ton of people are pre-loading it now. got to 5.6% before speeds dropped to nothing.

Meanwhile my GoG downloader ran into a checksum error so I guess I'm going back to Galaxy...

Broose
Oct 28, 2007

Spikeguy posted:

I got mine from amazon, it came about a day after the card arrived on my doorstep. So about 6-8 days afterwards.

VVVV I had to do this too.

Broose fucked around with this message at 17:01 on May 11, 2015

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

Biden has sat immobile on the Iron Throne of America. He is the Master of Malarkey by the will of the gods, and master of a million votes by the might of his inexhaustible calamari.

Spikeguy posted:

Did you register with NVidia? Newegg sent me a code to register at the NVidia site, and then they either send you a code or ask you to log into GOG and activate the product that way. Had it all done the same day, no issues.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

I finished my preload through Galaxy in about an hour, so it seems to have worked for me. Can't wait!

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed

GrossMurpel posted:

Three times? Letho, Philippa I think, who else?

IIRC you lose to Dethmold in a cutscene and Saskia reveals her true nature to save Geralt's rear end.

Riso
Oct 11, 2008

by merry exmarx

Dr. Abysmal posted:

IIRC you lose to Dethmold in a cutscene and Saskia reveals her true nature to save Geralt's rear end.

I don't think I have seen that.

Broguts
Oct 16, 2014

Riso posted:

Its on Iorveth's path.

Karrahad
Nov 4, 2010

Riso posted:

On the Roche path you still have the same fight against Dethmold but Saskia is not present.

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

Dr. Abysmal posted:

He eats it in a cutscene later on so maybe that balances it out.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
Has the save import been discussed by the developers at all? If the non-import / unhandled choices act like Mass Effect and just assume the shittiest option I can probably finish TW2 in a week if I powergame it on Normal.

Orv
May 4, 2011
Dethmold still a great-dumb wizard name.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

GoG Galaxy is working perfectly for me but I would also really appreciate a pause button like steam has.

• Locked thread