Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011

Leperflesh posted:

California drivers are terrible about moving right when they're not passing.
Holy poo poo, they are so terrible about this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant

Dead Reckoning posted:

Our huge dumb rear end freeways don't really reward it. :saddowns:

SeldomSeen
Apr 26, 2003

True Story...

Dead Reckoning posted:

I had a job where my boss yelled at me about this so I habitually move over now. So I'll be ok when I do the natural thing for Californians and move to Oregon.

Militant Lesbian
Oct 3, 2002

SeldomSeen posted:

I had a job where my boss yelled at me about this so I habitually move over now. So I'll be ok when I do the natural thing for Californians and move to Oregon.

No, stay out, we're full. :colbert:

murphle
Mar 4, 2004

If you're ever stuck behind a slow-moving car, truck, or RV on a windy road in the western half of North America, it will have Oregon plates on it. Oregon drivers suck.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
OUT WITH THE OLD

In with the new. MikeTsi bought this for me In December but I've been in such a hole I never picked it up. Trying to change that.

INCHI DICKARI fucked around with this message at 22:10 on May 8, 2015

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Looks like I'm gonna have to save up and get that radiator recored before the summer heat hits for that one week in mid august, drove it on the freeway today and it was mid 60s and sunny, and Temps got way high and not come down till I got off the freeway. Usually once I'm moving the Temps come back down but not any more it seems. Smelled coolant going up a grade but it seems it was just a hair out the overflow.

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.
If Civic radiators are hard to find, you could probably drop your temps by installing a heater core from a normal-sized car in its place :v:

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

Raluek posted:

If Civic radiators are hard to find, you could probably drop your temps by installing a heater core from a normal-sized car in its place :v:

I don't know if he has enough room for that. Perhaps an intercooler from a Mazdaspeed Miata?

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

I think the radiators are actually still obtainable, since they're now considered an easy-to-get upgrade for Opel GT owners :haw:

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.

DICKPOCALYPSE NOW posted:

Looks like I'm gonna have to save up and get that radiator recored before the summer heat hits for that one week in mid august, drove it on the freeway today and it was mid 60s and sunny, and Temps got way high and not come down till I got off the freeway. Usually once I'm moving the Temps come back down but not any more it seems. Smelled coolant going up a grade but it seems it was just a hair out the overflow.

That actually sounds more like a bad water pump maybe?

Also, wow, even my impossible-to-source-parts-for tinycar has a radiator available on Rockauto, but yours doesn't. Sucks.

Commodore_64
Feb 16, 2011

love thy likpa

IOwnCalculus posted:

I think the radiators are actually still obtainable, since they're now considered an easy-to-get upgrade for Opel GT owners :haw:

I've wanted an Opel Gt since I was about 12. They're just so cute! Little flippy headlights and all.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
After being literally laughed at by the guy on the phone at Performance Radiator, a while back I decided what a fella like me needs, is, like another spare radiator, man.

Gonna run me about 400 bucks though, to get it properly done.

piss boner
May 17, 2003

Gonna run me about 400 bucks though, to get it properly done.

I got $20 on that.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Eh, I'm one week into quitting smoking so hopefully cash will be less tight as a result.

Beach Bum
Jan 13, 2010

Eh, I'm one week into quitting smoking so hopefully cash will be less tight as a result.

YES! Stay strong, man. I've had a few cigars/cigs here and there from friends, but I stopped buying packs for myself back in January. If you have to bum one off of a buddy just offer them $0.50 or something, but don't keep a pack near you like you're going to limit yourself.

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe

kastein posted:

That actually sounds more like a bad water pump maybe?

Also, wow, even my impossible-to-source-parts-for tinycar has a radiator available on Rockauto, but yours doesn't. Sucks.

Its radiator.

if 13" wants to be adventurous I'm betting theres cool spots on the radiator surface after a hot drive. old brass rad rovers did this poo poo. the fine tubes would get clogged and it'd be fine in city driving yet run hotter than poo poo on the highway.

I'll throw $20 at it too. You have my number, I'm not on the forums often as much anymore. text me with anything you need.

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

Day 12045 Ht10hands 180lbs
No Name
No lumps No Bumps Full life Clean
Two good eyes No Busted Limbs
Piss OK Genitals intact
Multiple scars Heals fast
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
Lone Road Warrior Rundown
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...

Hell yeah. Keep it up. It's not easy, but it can be done. I wish I were closer to lend a hand, but know that the moral support is strong from the Midwest.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
I decided to look into Opel radiators and while they do in fact look identical with correct mounts, eBay has zero and this was the other option I found :v:

Jealous Cow
Apr 4, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
What's your Ca$htag? $13inchdick? $justthetip? $aranchophilia? $upinturdsmoke?

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Jealous Cow posted:

What's your Ca$htag? $13inchdick? $justthetip? $aranchophilia? $upinturdsmoke?

:psyduck: kids these days

Also getting out of the Car caught my side trim with my jacket and ripped it right off :saddowns:

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Got a raise at the shop! :woop:

$0.32/hr flat rate :eng99:

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe
are you working in china? God drat.

Serjeant Buzfuz
Dec 5, 2009

$0.32/hr flat rate :eng99:

That's not even a rounding error, drat dude.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Hey man, a potential extra five to seven dollars a week after tax isn't anything to sneeze at. I'll finally be ablE to afford that extra bottle of Thunderbird on payday!

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
So I have like at least ten percent of an alignment machine

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Five degrees to starboard!

Nine more trips, and you'll be good to go.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

Lou Takki posted:

That's not even a rounding error, drat dude.

I just got a 10c/hr raise.

But only while on the road, not while inside the store.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
I just flogged a 40 year old vehicle hard enough that i can simultaneously smell burning oil, clutch, brake, and coolant.

Beach Bum
Jan 13, 2010

I just flogged a 40 year old vehicle hard enough that i can simultaneously smell burning oil, clutch, brake, and coolant.

That's how you know you're doing it right.

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!

Beach Bum posted:

Shake it down, see what breaks.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

Beach Bum posted:

Everybody will be dancing burning if you're doing it right.

MattD1zzl3
Oct 26, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!

Panty Saluter posted:

Shake it down, see what breaks.

This but unironically (if by small chance it was ironic). The vehicles that are parked and washed are the ones that dont run right. If you beat on it daily and replace what breaks, those are the reliable ones.

Mooseykins
Aug 9, 2013

Triangle tits and an annoying sex voice?

Fuuuuck youuuuu sluuuut!

MattD1zzl3 posted:

This but unironically (if by small chance it was ironic). The vehicles that are parked and washed are the ones that dont run right. If you beat on it daily and replace what breaks, those are the reliable ones.

This. I used to rag the poo poo out of my old car on a daily basis, then once a week would take it for a hard night run down country roads. Despite all the hard abuse it was super reliable.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Decided to tinker again, this time fixing the huge valve cover leak. Checked my coolant after the freeway heat up and the level was still fine, but today it's down a half inch with a rainbow sheen on the top of it :saddowns:

So it was double important to me to crack the valve cover open and get a visual. Oil still looked like oil for now. The cam actually looks in much better shape than I expected for the age.

E:

INCHI DICKARI fucked around with this message at 21:56 on May 10, 2015

Astonishing Wang
Nov 3, 2004
You need a little whip antenna with a bright red flag at the end. Otherwise you're going to get backed over eventually :(

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
You just want it to look like a little RC car.

Beverly Cleavage
Jun 22, 2004

I am a pretty pretty princess, watch me do my pretty princess dance....

You just want it to look like a little RC car.

Is that so wrong?

thebigcow
Jan 3, 2001

Bully!
What are the dimensions of that radiator?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Siochain
May 24, 2005

"can they get rid of any humans who are fans of shitheads like Kanye West, 50 Cent, or any other piece of crap "artist" who thinks they're all that?

And also get rid of anyone who has posted retarded shit on the internet."

thebigcow posted:

What are the dimensions of that radiator?

Somewhere around:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835103099&cm_re=coolermaster_hyper_evo_212-_-35-103-099-_-Product

I reckon ;)

I kid, but seriously, I loving love your little car man. Its awesome.

• Locked thread