Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SystemLogoff
Feb 19, 2011

End Session?

The Scooby Doo SNES game thread is really something great.

Watch them break on the newest episode. :allears:

That's some good bugs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bacter
Jan 27, 2012

Nie wywoluj wilka z lasu, glupku.
It's not an outright comedy ACT, but Dead Space 3 done by CJacobs, Blind Sally, and Nine Gear Crow is really consistently enjoyable.

And of course, the Men Drinkin' Coffee are great to listen to.

DrLaserfalcon
Nov 7, 2010
Editorializing on a recent Markiplier LP in which he plays Dream.exe, a game designed around his own life as a prominent YouTuber:

quote:

He arbitrarily vacillates between shock jock baseline stereotype, a poche-British stereotype, an elderly stereotype, and a hysterical high-pitched stereotype. All equally without feeling, without anima, without a shred of humanity. Perhaps Markiplier has just taken a Groundlings 101 class, the bastion of the loud and hopelessly unfunny. Perhaps Markiplier’s brain is an emergency radio switched permanently into scan mode, desperately modulating in that hopes that someone, anyone, will hear his cries for help on one of a thousand signals.

via YouTuber Review

dscruffy1
Nov 22, 2007

Look out!
Nap Ghost

DrLaserfalcon posted:

Editorializing on a recent Markiplier LP in which he plays Dream.exe, a game designed around his own life as a prominent YouTuber:

via YouTuber Review

Keep your dumb poo poo to your own dumb poo poo thread where we are all eagerly awaiting your response to the many questions posed.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow
Markiplier isn't my taste, but he seems like a smart affable guy, so he's okay in my book.

judge reinhold
Jul 26, 2001

DrLaserfalcon posted:

via YouTuber Review

This article sucks.

DrLaserfalcon
Nov 7, 2010
I think that post was removed. Am I wrong?

Gildiss
Aug 24, 2010

Grimey Drawer

dscruffy1 posted:

Keep your dumb poo poo to your own dumb poo poo thread where we are all eagerly awaiting your response to the many questions posed.

It got :gas:

dscruffy1
Nov 22, 2007

Look out!
Nap Ghost

A fate too merciful for the frolf estate.

DrLaserfalcon
Nov 7, 2010

dscruffy1 posted:

A fate too merciful for the frolf estate.

Feel free to rehash any questions/snarks you included in the original thread, scruffster. I never got to read them.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
If we are recommending humorous LPs, High School Dreams: Best Friends Forever: Adventures of Annabellastasia can't be recommended highly enough:

http://lparchive.org/High-School-Dreams-Best-Friends-Forever/

dscruffy1
Nov 22, 2007

Look out!
Nap Ghost

DrLaserfalcon posted:

Feel free to rehash any questions/snarks you included in the original thread, scruffster. I never got to read them.

I wish I could say the same about your articles. Luckily I won't have to rehash here you go.

DrLaserfalcon
Nov 7, 2010

dscruffy1 posted:

I wish I could say the same about your articles. Luckily I won't have to rehash here you go.

Thanks, dude.

Not an unhelpful list of comments -- Brave New World comparisons nonwithstanding.

judge reinhold
Jul 26, 2001
http://youtuberreview.com/2015/04/30/yogscast-gta-v-airbase-assault/

Hey guys, JR here again with your daily Yogscast Minecraft Episode Synopsis. Today, Lewis and Simon missed a block in a jumping puzzle, then Lewis did a bad voice. Simon yelled a lot and said "oh my God" when the spider jumped on him as it has 600000000 times prior. Thanks for checking out this thing that makes no sense to exist.

DrLaserfalcon
Nov 7, 2010

judge reinhold posted:

http://youtuberreview.com/2015/04/30/yogscast-gta-v-airbase-assault/

Hey guys, JR here again with your daily Yogscast Minecraft Episode Synopsis. Today, Lewis and Simon missed a block in a jumping puzzle, then Lewis did a bad voice. Simon yelled a lot and said "oh my God" when the spider jumped on him as it has 600000000 times prior. Thanks for checking out this thing that makes no sense to exist.

You want a job? :P

judge reinhold
Jul 26, 2001

DrLaserfalcon posted:

The only payment I wish to receive is the admission of a vicious lampooning.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

DrLaserfalcon posted:

I can't tell if those articles are satire, or if you are literally brain damaged. Probably both.

E: Speaking of job applications - That was my YoutuberReview of DrLaserFalcon, pls use it in lieu of a resume.

DrLaserfalcon
Nov 7, 2010

judge reinhold posted:

The only payment I wish to receive is the admission of a vicious lampooning.

Lampooning received.

As I said in the OT -- I have no idea if an audience for this kind of stuff exists. Something just tickles me about writing high-minded reviews about dumb pop-culture stuff. Am I wasting my time? Probably? But how many of you are child cardiologists?

GNU Order
Feb 28, 2011

That's a paddlin'

I've been looking for somebody to transcribe the events of my favorite Let's Plays. Do you do commissions?

DrLaserfalcon
Nov 7, 2010

GNU Order posted:

I've been looking for somebody to transcribe the events of my favorite Let's Plays. Do you do commissions?

Yeah, submit your stuff here drlaserfalcon@youtuberreview.com

GNU Order
Feb 28, 2011

That's a paddlin'

I'd like you to begin with part 48 of JohnMcCloud's playthrough of Final Fantasy X-2, it can be found here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GL60KN2VpOw

Feel free to work back through his archive if some of the references don't make sense to you. Do you accept bitcoin?

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer
I think this thread is developing the Stockholm syndrome.

DrLaserfalcon
Nov 7, 2010

GNU Order posted:

I'd like you to begin with part 48 of JohnMcCloud's playthrough of Final Fantasy X-2, it can be found here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GL60KN2VpOw

Feel free to work back through his archive if some of the references don't make sense to you. Do you accept bitcoin?

Ich spreche kein deutsch. But well trolled, sir. Well trolled.

toddy.
Jun 15, 2010

~she is my wife~

DrLaserfalcon posted:

Ich spreche kein deutsch. But well trolled, sir. Well trolled.

The Let's Play subreddit is over that way.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Wasn't there a screenshot Heroes of Might and Magic III let's play on these forums a while back? I can't find it on lparchive.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

pandaK posted:

Wasn't there a screenshot Heroes of Might and Magic III let's play on these forums a while back? I can't find it on lparchive.

http://lparchive.org/lpmaster/?stitle=heroes+of+might+%26+magic+iii&sauth=&splat=&sgenre=&sstatus=all&stype=all&search=Search#results

Yes, but all five of them were abandoned, apparently. If there was a completed one, it's not in the masterlist.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

I'm going to add a recommendation for ddegenha's ongoing Illusion of Gaia LP. It's an obscure mid-90s SNES action RPG which I think is best summed up with this quote:

RabidWeasel posted:

What the gently caress how did NOA pass this as acceptable? :psyduck:
Seriously, there's some stuff in here that would not be out of place in a Drakengard game. Go check it out.

Nidoking
Jan 27, 2009

I fought the lava, and the lava won.

ultrafilter posted:

I'm going to add a recommendation for ddegenha's ongoing Illusion of Gaia LP. It's an obscure mid-90s SNES action RPG which I think is best summed up with this quote:

You'll probably want to read Soul Blazer first, if you haven't. The Illusion of Gaia LP kind of picks up where that one left off, since it's a spiritual successor. ddgenha has made that slightly more literally true.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

ultrafilter posted:

Seriously, there's some stuff in here that would not be out of place in a Drakengard game. Go check it out.

Oh man, I love Quintet's output. Totally gonna check this out.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Since it doesn't seem to be on the LP Archive, does anyone have a link to that Diablo 2 LP someone did not too long ago as necromancer?

discworld is all I read
Apr 7, 2009

DAIJOUBU!! ... Daijoubu ?? ?

Lizard Wizard posted:

Since it doesn't seem to be on the LP Archive, does anyone have a link to that Diablo 2 LP someone did not too long ago as necromancer?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f6u9Ia33hRQ

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

If you haven't caught Dr Kill's "Let's Break" of Ocarina of Time yet, do so. It shows off speedrunning tricks, including one limited to the VC version only discovered in February of this year, but it is not a speedrun. The gist is: "if you get it as adult link, i'll get it as kid link, and vice versa"

It is entertaining as hell and goes straight to "what the gently caress how does that work" levels of game breaking within the first fifteen minutes and only escalates from there

Dancer
May 23, 2011
Hey dudes and dudettes, I want to figure out what this whole Crusader Kings craze is about. I noticed there's a lot of LPs out there. Can someone recommend me one or a few? Ideally one with in-depth rules explanations. I like knowing what's going on.

Edit: also sorry, forgot to mention, I would very much prefer screenshot LPs. I don't think it's a game that's well suited to the video format.

Dancer fucked around with this message at 14:46 on May 11, 2015

TheMcD
May 4, 2013

Monaca / Subject N 2024
---------
Despair will never let you down.
Malice will never disappoint you.

Dancer posted:

Hey dudes and dudettes, I want to figure out what this whole Crusader Kings craze is about. I noticed there's a lot of LPs out there. Can someone recommend me one or a few? Ideally one with in-depth rules explanations. I like knowing what's going on.

Well, there's the CK2 tutorial LP thread, which has a fair share of different LPs with explanations and stuff, however, thanks to Paradox consistently changing the game in some fundamental way with every new DLC they bring out, people have eventually given up, and I believe all LPs there are out of date as of the Charlemagne DLC, not even mentioning Way of Life.

Dancer
May 23, 2011

TheMcD posted:

Well, there's the CK2 tutorial LP thread, which has a fair share of different LPs with explanations and stuff, however, thanks to Paradox consistently changing the game in some fundamental way with every new DLC they bring out, people have eventually given up, and I believe all LPs there are out of date as of the Charlemagne DLC, not even mentioning Way of Life.

Much obliged. I'll find something to like.

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

To go quickly is foolish. To go slowly is prudent. Not to go; that is wisdom.

TheMcD posted:

I (and many people who was reading the LP, I assume) have the pet theory that the Zoroastrian LP was what caused the changes to how factions (and the Zoroastrian faith) work, because that poo poo was ridiculous. Worth a read even if what Sorites did is no longer possible.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
A while ago I saw a thread where the OP was LPing a whole load of Bethesda RPGs but I didn't have time to get into it then so I put it aside. Ever since I haven't been able to track that thread down. Does anyone know what I'm talking about and have the link for it?

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer
Sounds like the Lizard Wizard saga, starting here.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

You need to be watching this Super Mario World LP. Ground floor here, people.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal
Composerguy's started his Lord Of The Rings game again from the start. It's one of the most interesting old as gently caress rpgs around.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3719533&pagenumber=1#lastpost