Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Will you #JoinTheForce?
I already have
I want to I just don't know how
Only if they sign Sid
#JoinTheForce
View Results

• Locked thread
Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Jim Cornette confirmed that he's not doing anything beyond local appearances for GFW. He doesn't like traveling.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sub Rosa
Jun 9, 2010

I'm sure the StadiumStaiunm will be packed!

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Jake the Staiunm would be proud

duyarvish
Feb 7, 2015
Just when you thought GFW could not get any worse at big announcements, they put out a Youtube video with new additions.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7FG9KRT9oME

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Want do you have got against Chuck Taylor, Brodus Clay, Sonjay Dutt, Jigsaw, Young Bucks, Cliff Compton and The New Heavenly Bodies?

duyarvish
Feb 7, 2015

rovert posted:

Want do you have got against Chuck Taylor, Brodus Clay, Sonjay Dutt, Jigsaw, Young Bucks, Cliff Compton and The New Heavenly Bodies?

It's not really the guys, it's just the platform they did it on.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Sub Rosa posted:

I'm sure the StadiumStaiunm will be packed!

This made me almost burst out laughing in a meeting.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Not that the press conference got any attention to begin with but it seems odd to hold back the single name indie wrestling fans care about until now

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

oatgan posted:

Not that the press conference got any attention to begin with but it seems odd to hold back the single name indie wrestling fans care about until now

Unless the ink wasn't dry.

Compton and The Bucks what I was hinting at last week. The other tag team is Chuckie T and the yet announced Rocky Romero.

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
Well if the new heavenly bodies are in, I'm ready to #jointheforce

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

I'm still recovering from doing a press conference to announce the first five people signed to your company.

NotQuiteQuentin
Jan 29, 2005

BIG OVER
College Slice
#dustin rides again

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
Chuck and Rocky teaming up is awkward considering all of Chuck's angst on social media over the last couple of months over RPG Vice basically ending Best Friends.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

how you gonna have a press conference and NOT announce the young bucks? Then go round and dump them in a 30 second YT vid like a couple of jabrones.

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

duyarvish posted:

Just when you thought GFW could not get any worse at big announcements, they put out a Youtube video with new additions.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7FG9KRT9oME

Are the pictures of the wrestlers supposed to look that lovely? Almost looks like they ripped the pics from random 144p videos and then put them in with the other 720p graphics.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

coconono posted:

how you gonna have a press conference and NOT announce the young bucks? Then go round and dump them in a 30 second YT vid like a couple of jabrones.

I'd assume the people in the ads are closer to full-timers whereas the people who aren't will probably make sporadic appearances (especially given the Bucks allergy to contracts), but that may be giving JJ too much credit

It's also possible they just hadn't agreed to a deal yet

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Grozz Nuy posted:

Chuck and Rocky teaming up is awkward considering all of Chuck's angst on social media over the last couple of months over RPG Vice basically ending Best Friends.

Sweet revenge

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

rovert posted:

I think the problem is a lovely video where you see each new addition for less than a second. You see the logos of minor league baseball teams for longer than you see any of the wrestlers.

LvK
Feb 27, 2006

FIVE STARS!!

Phenix Rising posted:

I think the problem is a lovely video where you see each new addition for less than a second. You see the logos of minor league baseball teams for longer than you see any of the wrestlers.

Those baseball teams have paid their dues, son.

NotQuiteQuentin
Jan 29, 2005

BIG OVER
College Slice

Phenix Rising posted:

as soon as jigsaw sells his tickets for each of the show he'll get a full second goddammit AND a full match rather than being in a battle royal

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Meltzer says Brodus Clay is still with TNA.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

NotQuiteQuentin posted:

as soon as jigsaw sells his tickets for each of the show he'll get a full second goddammit AND a full match rather than being in a battle royal

Oh man, I would totally not put it past GFW to be a pay-to-play promotion. Want to get on the show?? Then you gotta pay for 50 tickets out of pocket, sell them all, and eat the loss if you can't do it bub!

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Good to see Macklemore is now under the GFW umbrella

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

rovert posted:

Meltzer says Brodus Clay is still with TNA.

Maybe it's some other shamelessly fat Schlub.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

4 belts

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fFxeeA4Ao8U

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

They have 1 title for every two and a half signed wrestlers.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

coconono posted:

Maybe it's some other shamelessly fat Schlub.

Nah that's Brodus all right

Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END

flashy_mcflash posted:

Nah that's Brodus all right

Ummmmmmmmmmmmmmm his name is Tyrus #HisNameIsTyrus

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Hacksaw Jim Duggan joined the force :911:

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

You're joking, right?

Edit: OH GOD YOU'RE NOT

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Jimmy Rave, Cody Hall, Andrew Everett, Luke Used, Cassidy Riley, and Chase Stevens have all joined the force

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

oatgan posted:

Jimmy Rave, Cody Hall, Andrew Everett, Luke Used, Cassidy Riley, and Chase Stevens have all joined the force

Who out of that was in that TNA tag team The Naturals

Demp
Nov 5, 2003

GLORIOUS

quote:

PEARL, MS -- Global Force Wrestling is coming to Trustmark Park Saturday, June 20 as part of the MiLB Grand Slam Tour. It'll be the first wrestling event at Trustmark Park. Tickets for the event go on sale to the public Friday, May 15 at 8:00 AM CST through all Ticketmaster outlets.

The ring will be set up at home plate. VIP tickets are available for $40 in the first few rows behind home plate. Each $40 VIP ticket includes a free meet & greet with the wrestlers at 5:30 PM in the Farm Bureau Grill. All other reserved seats behind the plate and above the dugouts are $20 each. All seats beyond the dugouts, along the outfield foul lines are $10 General Admission.

The legends will be GFW founder and wrestling legend, Jeff Jarrett, along with the founding member of the industry-changing NWO, Scott Hall. Hall's 23-year-old son, Cody Hall, is a member of wrestling's hottest new faction, The Bullet Club.

Other talent includes The Bullet Club, Chris "The Adonis" Mordetsky, Shelton Benjamin, PJ Black, Sonjay Dutt, Thea Trinidad, Lei'D Tapa, Jimmy Rave, Luke Hawx, Chuck Taylor, Jigsaw, The Hot Shots tag team of Cassidy Riley and Chase Stevens, Andrew Everett and more.

Wrestling Legend!

The D in Detroit
Oct 13, 2012
Nice to see Luke Hawx is still getting booked

El Estrago Bonito
Dec 17, 2010

Scout Finch Bitch
Honestly that card doesn't really seem bad compared to some of the poo poo TNA's been doing over the last few years.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

THE loving NATURALS ARE YOU making GBS threads ME JARRETT

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Great White Hope posted:

You're joking, right?

Edit: OH GOD YOU'RE NOT

Somehow my favorite post in this thread

Duggan the unbelievable straw that broke a man

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009