Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Elukka
Feb 18, 2011

For All Mankind

GrossMurpel posted:

The soundtrack is indeed fantastic all the way through.
Wait, can you get more of the soundtrack somewhere, besides the few preview tracks?
e: I can't read.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

GrossMurpel posted:

Neverwinter preorder bonus?

You get Neverwinter Nights 1 if you preorder on GOG.

Nill
Aug 24, 2003

Drifter posted:

That's only fair though, isn't it?
Eh, it's just different behavior from their previous preorder bonuses that stayed on your account regardless, and a surprise that the GOG code you redeem from nvidia doesn't count the same and the support person never brought it up when processing the refund.
Also seems a bit silly considering that if you downloaded the installer before canceling you'd still have the game.

GrossMurpel
Apr 8, 2011

Drifter posted:

You get Neverwinter Nights 1 if you preorder on GOG.

I preordered like 5 months ago, how do I get NWN?
E: Nevermind, the key was in the email way back when I preordered. Reading confirmation emails might be a good idea sometimes!

GrossMurpel fucked around with this message at 20:11 on May 11, 2015

Anti-Hero
Feb 26, 2004
In a fit of drunken (poor) judgement I bought DA:I over the weekend, so now I'm juggling that and my Broche TW2 playthrough and trying to get the latter done before next week. Christ!

Asehujiko
Apr 6, 2011
If I have the steam version, can I take the key from that and enter it into gog for a working preload?

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

Shumagorath posted:

Has the save import been discussed by the developers at all? If the non-import / unhandled choices act like Mass Effect and just assume the shittiest option I can probably finish TW2 in a week if I powergame it on Normal.
Anyone?

Roshnak
Jul 22, 2007
Yeah. You can pick choices at the beginning of the game. Some choices can only be brought in through importing a save.

Badly Jester
Apr 9, 2010

Bitches!

Nill posted:

ProTip: if you happen to be canceling your preorder so you can use the code that came with your nvidia card instead, be aware that GOG will apparently scrub the Neverwinter preorder bonus from your account and the nvidia code won't replace it.

I wasn't aware. :(

Do you get to keep all of the other stuff like the comic and soundtrack? Because I can easily live without NWN, but not so much without the soundtrack.

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005

Spikeguy posted:

I'm supposed to get the card today so I'll just try to be patient for that e-mail.

On the about page it states that We will send you an e-mail with the free redemption code and instructions to redeem within 7-10 business days after the product ships

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
I'm preloaded and ready to go, next week can't get here fast enough :dance:

admataY
Oct 16, 2008
GOG Galaxy downlaod trickle down ever so slowly, its disappointing .

Nill
Aug 24, 2003

Badly Jester posted:

Do you get to keep all of the other stuff like the comic and soundtrack? Because I can easily live without NWN, but not so much without the soundtrack.
Looks like you keep the rest. No NWN or new darkhorse comic with the nvidia code though.

Nill fucked around with this message at 20:58 on May 11, 2015

The Sharmat
Sep 5, 2011

by Lowtax
I think Dethmold might actually be an old German name. But I didn't look it up or anything, I'm just pretty sure I remember getting it as a character name in Crusader Kings 2 a few times.

I can't find any good development or marketing budget estimates on the first page of google, just hearsay, and that's all I can be bothered to look. I could swear I remember reading the marketing budget was higher than the development budget though. Which I've never understood but seems to almost always be the case with AAA game.

Cheston
Jul 17, 2012

(he's got a good thing going)

Shumagorath posted:

Has the save import been discussed by the developers at all? If the non-import / unhandled choices act like Mass Effect and just assume the shittiest option I can probably finish TW2 in a week if I powergame it on Normal.

As far as choices go, they have not at any point mentioned anything beyond "save import exists" and "you can pick the major choices without a save." Non-imported choices probably would just act like Mass Effect, though. Anything else would result in new players encountering a bunch of callbacks they didn't understand. (I.E. Thaler's courier and the Vivaldis' rep in W2.)

The Sharmat
Sep 5, 2011

by Lowtax
That's pretty much what a non-import was like in TW2 as well so I'd assume the same pattern. So basically any time someone could be dead in the last two games, they probably will be dead in TW3. But that's just my guess.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
First reviews tomorrow, right?

Fair Bear Maiden
Jun 17, 2013
Correct. IIRC, the reviews should hit during Pacific Time morning hours.

The Sharmat
Sep 5, 2011

by Lowtax
What review sources do you guys actually trust? I honestly mostly just sift through internet word of mouth from various sources.

admataY
Oct 16, 2008
ok I gave up on galaxy download and switched to old GOG downloader from the site, and this one downloads fast. Worth a try for those who got bad downloading speeds in the new client .

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:
Weird people are seeing download issues in GOG Galaxy. Mine saturated my 100mb download easily. :stare:

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

Biden has sat immobile on the Iron Throne of America. He is the Master of Malarkey by the will of the gods, and master of a million votes by the might of his inexhaustible calamari.
While I can see critiquing it for future reference, for a preload anything over 5Mb is probably fine. You have over a week to DL the thing!

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

I'm embargoing the reviews and the threads I think starting now, although it will be hard not to peek in to get a general sense of what the reviewers think.

If all this game is is W2:redux but with a larger and more open world I'll play it forever and I think that's setting the bar pretty low from everything the trailers have shown and what Comte has said.

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

8-bit Miniboss posted:

Weird people are seeing download issues in GOG Galaxy. Mine saturated my 100mb download easily. :stare:

I have 50Mb fiber and it's going at 0.1Mb/s. :(

Well, right now it says 0.0 Mb/s.

I will wait until tomorrow and see if they have fixed it. If not, I will use Gog.

The Sharmat
Sep 5, 2011

by Lowtax

Ice Fist posted:

I'm embargoing the reviews and the threads I think starting now, although it will be hard not to peek in to get a general sense of what the reviewers think.

If all this game is is W2:redux but with a larger and more open world I'll play it forever and I think that's setting the bar pretty low from everything the trailers have shown and what Comte has said.

Same, but I probably love The Witcher 2 a lot more than most people.

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

The Sharmat posted:

What review sources do you guys actually trust? I honestly mostly just sift through internet word of mouth from various sources.

I was planning on going off the inevitable Bombcast discussion.

Comte de Saint-Germain
Mar 26, 2001

Snouk but and snouk ben,
I find the smell of an earthly man,
Be he living, or be he dead,
His heart this night shall kitchen my bread.
The reviews should start dropping soon, I really am looking forward to seeing what people think. I've been working on this thing for a while now and I can say that I'm immensely proud of what we've done and I really think it's the best thing I've ever worked on. I hope you guys (not just ya'll, but the general audience as well) enjoy it as much as I think you will.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Comte de Saint-Germain posted:

The reviews should start dropping soon, I really am looking forward to seeing what people think. I've been working on this thing for a while now and I can say that I'm immensely proud of what we've done and I really think it's the best thing I've ever worked on. I hope you guys (not just ya'll, but the general audience as well) enjoy it as much as I think you will.

If I have whale related issues I'll be sure to post here for support :cheeky:. I can't wait for reviews because this game looks fantastic.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Well, you should wait a few days after release if you want to get what other people think, because all the review outlets are so far up the rear end of the industry that you're not gonna get a respectable opinion until normal people start buying and playing the game.

If your game's pretty and has positive buzz coming off the advertising they're gonna like it.

(if you let me download and play my preorder from steam early I'll tell you my opinion, Comte.)

Captain Scandinaiva
Mar 29, 2010

Bort Bortles posted:

Have any of you played the Witcher Adventure Game? Got it on sale and am going to play it multiplayer with some friends tonight but I have yet to play it...how hard is it?

Don't think anyone answered you. I played the beta, the rules are not very difficult. There was no real functioning tutorial or manual for the beta but me and a friend managed to work it out during our first session.

admataY posted:

GOG Galaxy downlaod trickle down ever so slowly, its disappointing .

It's a week until release. The preloading just became available and 1 million people have pre-ordered the game. This is why you have preloading, so people don't get this on the day of release.

turtlecrunch
May 14, 2013

Hesitation is defeat.
This might be a weird question but does anyone know the most common tag for this that media outlets use? #witcher #witcher3 #witcherwildhunt ? Just so I can scope reviews tomorrow morning.

e: jesus I guess there's also #thewitcher and #wildhunt

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup

turtlecrunch posted:

This might be a weird question but does anyone know the most common tag for this that media outlets use? #witcher #witcher3 #witcherwildhunt ? Just so I can scope reviews tomorrow morning.

e: jesus I guess there's also #thewitcher and #wildhunt

Have you heard of like, metacritic? Most 'big' reviews are gonna pop up there as they come out.

turtlecrunch
May 14, 2013

Hesitation is defeat.
They don't post there particularly fast in my experience.

Comte de Saint-Germain
Mar 26, 2001

Snouk but and snouk ben,
I find the smell of an earthly man,
Be he living, or be he dead,
His heart this night shall kitchen my bread.
I've been using #thewitcher, #wildhunt, and #witcher3

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

turtlecrunch posted:

They don't post there particularly fast in my experience.

Just check gaf if you want speed. They will make a review thread where links will be included in seconds, surely.

turtlecrunch
May 14, 2013

Hesitation is defeat.

I've been using #thewitcher, #wildhunt, and #witcher3

Turin Turambar posted:

Just check gaf if you want speed. They will make a review thread where links will be included in seconds, surely.

Alright, thanks.

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

Downloaded and installed. Now to wait.

The Sharmat
Sep 5, 2011

by Lowtax
There's still time to make your Day 1 Geralt dong mods, guys.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Just got the last of my parts in the mail so I'm looking forward to building my new rig tonight. Can't wait to play this game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Corin Tucker's Stalker
May 27, 2001

One bullet. One gun. Six Chambers. These are my friends.
With reviews, keep in mind that no one has review code for the PC version (Xbox One as well, last I heard) and likely won't until one or two days before release. I'll be interested to see if any outlets rush to get something out there early.

• Locked thread