Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

does witcher 3 even have that much content? you can beat both previous games in under 20-30 hours combined

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Real hurthling! posted:

does witcher 3 even have that much content? you can beat both previous games in under 20-30 hours combined

Witcher 3 is a true open world RPG, where the other two were not. The whole gameworld is seamless and supposedly at least three times the size of Witcher 2.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

I said come in! posted:

Witcher 3 is a true open world RPG, where the other two were not. The whole gameworld is seamless and supposedly at least three times the size of Witcher 2.

so its going to be like dragon age where theres like 15 hours of story content and 75 hours of garbage?

hope not

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Real hurthling! posted:

so its going to be like dragon age where theres like 15 hours of story content and 75 hours of garbage?

hope not

I'm not sure. I don't think you'll like Witcher 3 though based on what you've said. Seamless gameworld already pushed it into be being then Inquisition though. I don't understand what Bioware was thinking with its world design.

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica
They've been pushing pre-orders of The Witcher 3 for over a year, I can't wait for it to come out just so I can stop seeing it on the front page of Steam every other day.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

I said come in! posted:

I'm not sure. I don't think you'll like Witcher 3 though based on what you've said.

nah im just being salty

RoanHorse
Dec 12, 2013

I can't wait for 11 hours of the sex mini game in Witcher 3

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

Your plastic pal who's fun to be with!

Real hurthling! posted:

hope not

i will always be upset that every dragon age game is not just more of dragon age origins

what a fun game

Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

This post probably contains a Rickroll link!

Real hurthling! posted:

I spent 40 hours on the first game alone. You're not finishing both games in 20 hours unless you just ignore absolutely everything but the main quest.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
I 100%ed all achievement categories in Diablo 3 with the exception being Rifts/Bounties because of how long and tedious they are and I'm at 94% with classes.

Gem of Ease makes leveling last maybe 5-10 minutes.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747
I wish someone made a Die Hard game using the Dead Rising system, like certain events happen every few hours, like hostages being killed, etc. and the terrorists wander around but unlock new skills depending on what order you kill them in.

RoanHorse
Dec 12, 2013

^^^^^
Hell loving yes

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica

effectual posted:

I wish someone made a Die Hard game using the Dead Rising system, like certain events happen every few hours, like hostages being killed, etc. and the terrorists wander around but unlock new skills depending on what order you kill them in.

The Dead Rising/Way of the Samurai school of game design is super rad and it makes me sad that more people can't flip off the switch that compels them to 100% everything in one playthrough and then get frustrated when the game isn't designed around doing that.

Spunky Junior Reporter!
Jul 27, 2011

Fun Shoe
the first console i owned was the PS2

RoanHorse
Dec 12, 2013

I just want to see people crib the poo poo out of Dead Rising's systems really

program666
Aug 22, 2013

A giant carnivorous dinosaur
playing witcher for the first time, I'm playing the first one obvious since I'm not a loving ANIMAL, that combat system lol

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Sleeveless posted:

The Dead Rising/Way of the Samurai school of game design is super rad and it makes me sad that more people can't flip off the switch that compels them to 100% everything in one playthrough and then get frustrated when the game isn't designed around doing that.

Not being able to at least beat the basic story mode on your first go is lame, I'm glad Dead Rising 2 learned from 1's mistake in that way

theultimo
Aug 2, 2004

An RSS feed bot who makes questionable purchasing decisions.
Pillbug
Bof dragon quarter did the whole you can't win on your first try the best.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

i've got all 201 gold bananas, and all the regular bananas, and the medals and crowns and banana fairies and everything, and now all i have left to do in DK64 is to beat up King Krusha K. Rool in his boxing match.

B33rChiller
Aug 18, 2011

Quick question here.
Can someone point me in the right direction to understand what the hell is going on with the story in Metal Gear Rising: Revengence?

I've only really played a couple Metal Gear games, which was the first one on the NES, and Metal Gear Solid (I think) I blanked out on the series after the first playstation metal gear, and now, I see the game is suddenly a cyborg ninja beat 'em up?
If my question would be better asked elsewhere, please do tell.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

nanomachines

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

B33rChiller posted:

Quick question here.
Can someone point me in the right direction to understand what the hell is going on with the story in Metal Gear Rising: Revengence?

I've only really played a couple Metal Gear games, which was the first one on the NES, and Metal Gear Solid (I think) I blanked out on the series after the first playstation metal gear, and now, I see the game is suddenly a cyborg ninja beat 'em up?

Wikipedia the plots of mgs 2 and mgs4

Gloryhold It!
Sep 22, 2008

Fucking
Adorable
Also, play 3. Not that it'll help you that much with the story. It's just a really good game.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

B33rChiller posted:

Quick question here.

Raiden is a former child soldier who helped Snake overthrow some illuminati super computers which were running the world. At one point he was captured by them, he had medical experiments performed on him and became a cyborg ninja. He works as a freelance mercenary now because HE WAS BORN TO KILL and also his wife is the worst person in the world. His character arc relates to that he was a child solider and has a fuckton of baggage about it, that's all you really need to know.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

A Steampunk Gent posted:

Raiden is a former child soldier who helped Snake overthrow some illuminati super computers which were running the world. At one point he was captured by them, he had medical experiments performed on him and became a cyborg ninja. He works as a freelance mercenary now because HE WAS BORN TO KILL and also his wife is the worst person in the world. His character arc relates to that he was a child solider and has a fuckton of baggage about it, that's all you really need to know.
To be fair to Rose, an AI was impersonating her for the entirety of 2. I don't think we ever really got an understanding of her real personality because the real Rose barely shows up in 4.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Accordion Man posted:

To be fair to Rose, an AI was impersonating her for the entirety of 2. I don't think we ever really got an understanding of her real personality because the real Rose barely shows up in 4.

I thought codec Rose was the real one up until the late-game? Otherwise her constant complaints make no sense

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

A Steampunk Gent posted:

I thought codec Rose was the real one up until the late-game? Otherwise her constant complaints make no sense
She was always an AI in 2, same with The Colonel.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly
It's never actually said whether or not she was an AI from the start, its left openended, whereas Campbell is definitely an AI from start to finish.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Accordion Man posted:

She was always an AI in 2, same with The Colonel.

Their early interactions only really work if it's the real actual Rose, their relationship is terrible and messed up but if it's just a computer berating him about it the whole thing seems pretty pointless. Given the game doesn't conclusively show one way or the other which is the case I choose to believe it's the real lady until -that section-

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

A Steampunk Gent posted:

Their early interactions only really work if it's the real actual Rose, their relationship is terrible and messed up but if it's just a computer berating him about it the whole thing seems pretty pointless. Given the game doesn't conclusively show one way or the other which is the case I choose to believe it's the real lady until -that section-
The Patriots just like loving with him, they're rear end in a top hat computers after all. And one can assume they've been messing with him for a while seeing is that he's been running through VR missions for a while and they purposely set him up as Not-Snake in their recreation of Shadow Moses on Big Shell.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon
There's no way to know for sure and it doesn't really matter in the end because Revengeance 2 isn't happening.

Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

A Steampunk Gent posted:

Actual the early interactions only work if it's an AI trying to gently caress with him. It makes zero sense that Rose would decide to bring up their relationship issues during a life or death mission when she's supposed to be supporting him.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly
Konami has been dead to me since the day they discontinued Goemon

theultimo
Aug 2, 2004

Pillbug

Broseph Brostar posted:

Konami has been dead to me since the day they discontinued Zombies ate my neighbors

Fixed for me.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon

Adam Bowen posted:

Actual the early interactions only work if it's an AI trying to gently caress with him. It makes zero sense that Rose would decide to bring up their relationship issues during a life or death mission when she's supposed to be supporting him.

If MGS has taught me anything, it's that anything is up for grabs as conversation during an intense mission, be it relationship dysfunction, the plight of the kurds, or drowning your sister by loving your mom

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

its the AI the whole time, frustration and anger were obvious ploys to bring out the ripper

theultimo
Aug 2, 2004

Pillbug

gently caress KONAMI , they're issuing DMCA takedown notices on any videos relating to PT.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon
Konami, trying to erase PT from existence. That is some weird poo poo. I've never had a game in my PSN library I couldn't download again, even if it got de-listed. Not with PT, hell no. gently caress that poo poo, Konami isn't playing around with erasing that game as quickly as they could Fox Studios from MGS.

Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

bloodychill posted:

If MGS has taught me anything, it's that anything is up for grabs as conversation during an intense mission, be it relationship dysfunction, the plight of the kurds, or drowning your sister by loving your mom

That's true too. My personal theory for Rose's behavior is that the AI was programmed by Otaconesque geeks who have literally no idea what women are like so they just fed the computer a bunch of Cathy comics and romantic comedies and let it create a personality based on that. Because of that the Rose AI only has two modes - talk about chocolate or bitch about relationship.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon
Makes sense, Rose spent the last portion of the game in an ACK loop

• Locked thread