Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

We all had lovely boss monsters back when the game was young and boss monsters were unusable pieces of garbage. It was essentially as if Team Taiyou had found a way to play Gate Guardian only using crap from the first three or four booster packs. That's the sorta stuff everyone that got into the game came relate to.

Seiyaryu was cool.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

everythingWasBees posted:

Seiyaryu was cool.

The days back when levels were meaningless aside from tribute count.
When spells and traps were the be all end all.
When equips were kickass and fields did nothing other than boost a type/attribute's ATK and DEF.

I dont pine for those days at all.

Though it's funny how dark hole is one of the first ever spell cards released.

Rigged Death Trap fucked around with this message at 20:51 on May 11, 2015

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

wheres the jester, I could do with some pointless nonsense right about now

I would appreciate spells and traps having a bit more weight, but other than that I agree with you.

Skull Servant
Oct 25, 2009

Petition Konami to make Wasteland a staple card again.

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

wheres the jester, I could do with some pointless nonsense right about now

how do you propose they accomplish that

Iserlohn
Nov 3, 2011

Watch out!

Here comes the third tactic.
Lipstick Apathy
Make it boost by percent like the anime and Dark Duel Stories.

Skull Servant
Oct 25, 2009

paradoxGentleman posted:

how do you propose they accomplish that

Ban everything but rock type monsters. You will need to run it at 3 just to make up a 40 card deck.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Cabinet posted:

Ban everything but rock type monsters. You will need to run it at 3 just to make up a 40 card deck.
It looks like someone around here has never played Rock Stun.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Rock stun is legitimately a great deck, locking people with catapult zone is so ridiculous.

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

It's the Final Countdown.

Xoidanor posted:

Rock stun is legitimately a great deck, locking people with catapult zone is so ridiculous.

Too bad it's boring as hell to play.

Skull Servant
Oct 25, 2009

Dexie posted:

It looks like someone around here has never played Rock Stun.

I have never even seen a Rock deck ever.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
I will never hate the Rock Type because this exists.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Cabinet posted:

I have never even seen a Rock deck ever.
Keep in mind this build is super loving out of date and I was playing around with some goofy techs when I last edited it, so don't go thinking this is meant to be an ideal build or anything...

It's a stun/lockdown deck, obviously. The Koa'ki Meiru basically keep your opponent from doing ANYTHING, and Block Golem lets you bring them back from the Graveyard to use 'em again.

The deck's main problem is getting over your opponent's beatsticks once they get onto the field, which is why I was testing Megarock Dragon and Gaia Plate in the deck.

Koa'ki Meiru Overload wasn't released yet when I was testing the deck, but if I was to rebuild it, I'd run that guy at 3.

Senerio posted:

I will never hate the Rock Type because this exists.
I really do wish that was better then it is.

Slur posted:

Too bad it's boring as hell to play.
Didn't you play Tribute lockdown at the tourney that Omni held? :argh:

Silento
Feb 16, 2012

Dexie posted:

All lockdown is bad, except for the lockdown that Slur likes. :v:

Skull Servant
Oct 25, 2009

The only good lockdown is Anti-Spell Ninjas fwiw.

Dexie posted:

Keep in mind this build is super loving out of date and I was playing around with some goofy techs when I last edited it, so don't go thinking this is meant to be an ideal build or anything...

It's a stun/lockdown deck, obviously. The Koa'ki Meiru basically keep your opponent from doing ANYTHING, and Block Golem lets you bring them back from the Graveyard to use 'em again.

Oh! Thanks! I'll load it into DevPro and see how it goes!

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Cabinet posted:

The only good lockdown is Spellcaster Lockdown fwiw.
FTFY

Cabinet posted:

Oh! Thanks! I'll load it into DevPro and see how it goes!
Key thing to remember is that Block Golem only works if everything in your graveyard is an Earth monster, so don't go nuts with Xyz summoning non-Earths unless you REALLY need them.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Good news is the only XYZ monster that matters is EARTH

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

I was just told that I should kill myself 'cause I rid my opponent's field using Exciton Knight.

Dexie posted:

Best deck ever.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Senerio posted:

Good news is the only XYZ monster that matters is EARTH

drat straight.

Ora ora ora, bitches. :smuggo:

Skull Servant
Oct 25, 2009

Gem-Knight Pearl can't be Fiendish Chained. Too OP.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Cabinet posted:

The only good lockdown is Naturia, fwiw

Hm, yes, quite. I agree.

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

Tribute lockdown is acceptable because it punishes special summoning and effect monsters, and we all know this game should be played by tributing two monsters to summon a boss monster.
I'm not sure how serious I am right now as I play Monarchs, heavy on the Mega Monarchs

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

Tribute lockdown is acceptable because it punishes special summoning and effect monsters, and we all know this game should be played by tributing two monsters to summon a boss monster.
I'm not sure how serious I am right now as I play Monarchs, heavy on the Mega Monarchs

Replace all the mega monarchs with Vanity's/Majesty's.

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

Slur posted:

Replace all the mega monarchs with Vanity's/Majesty's.
Half my deck is Jinzo and Majesty already.

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

Half my deck is Jinzo and Majesty already.

Take out the Jinzos. Traps aren't really being heavily played in this format. Plus, your Charging Emperors should protect your tribute summoned cards.

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

Slur posted:

Take out the Jinzos. Traps aren't really being heavily played in this format. Plus, your Charging Emperors should protect your tribute summoned cards.

Considering that everybody plays 3 MST it seems, March of the Emperors doesn't protect quite as well as I'd wish. While not trap heavy, bottomless trap hole and the such are really good at loving over monarch plays. Since I play all of two traps max, Jinzo acts as a bulky extra March of the Monarchs without harming the deck,. I like using at least one.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Play more Jinzos just because using Inferno Reckless on Jinzo - Jector is loving hilarious.

Skull Servant
Oct 25, 2009

VJeff posted:

Hm, yes, quite. I agree.

Is Naturia lockdown really a thing if it's only the syncro monsters that do the locking down?

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Yes, because it's really funny to watch your opponent think you won't mill your whole deck just to poo poo on their strategies.

Skull Servant
Oct 25, 2009

Don't get me wrong, Beast and Barkion are amazing but you can run them in any Earth deck so it doesn't count in my book.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Cabinet posted:

Is Naturia lockdown really a thing if it's only the syncro monsters that do the locking down?

Who said it's just the Synchros?

http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Naturia_Bamboo_Shoot

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
There's also Naturia Mantis and Naturia Horneedle, both of which can be just devastating if used right.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

https://yugiohblog.konami.com/articles/?p=7125

Blog is surprisingly useful for once, has some possible indirect Zefra support that I never considered.

E: Also, if you're ever reading a yugioh blog article, make sure to check the filenames on the images, there's some real gems.

Dabir fucked around with this message at 14:33 on May 12, 2015

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Their blog is worth reading JUST for their file names on the pictures. :allears:

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

Dexie posted:

Their blog is worth reading JUST for their file names on the pictures. :allears:

I giggled at "johnspartanandsimonphoenix.jpg"

Level Seven
Feb 14, 2013

Wubba dubba dubba
that blew.

Megamarm

Dexie posted:

They may be old but anyone who hasn't read their articles about Dark World should go do so.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Zefravengers, ZEFRASSEMBLE!

Also, yeah, go read the Grapha articles if you haven't, they're solid gold.

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

Wow, and I thought I got annoyed with Infinity.

Times I've Been Told To Kill Myself Count: 2

Slur fucked around with this message at 20:18 on May 12, 2015

free basket of chips
Sep 7, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
I've never had the displeasure of going up against infinity thankfully

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

Here's a thought for an OTK deck: a trap-monster deck which summons Uria, uses Reasoning to mill the entire deck of its trap cards, and thus powers up Uria to attack points exceeding 30,000