Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RUM HAM
Sep 25, 2009

NeurosisHead posted:

I'm watching a VR14 nighblade burst build streamer PvPing right now and it is loving absurd:

http://www.twitch.tv/kerviz

19k + 8k crits on his alpha. Lawd Jesus.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eSporks
Jun 10, 2011

NeurosisHead posted:

I'm watching a VR14 nighblade burst build streamer PvPing right now and it is loving absurd:

http://www.twitch.tv/kerviz
I don't understand. All he is doing is running around doing heavy attacks and one shotting people. Maybe I need to switch from dual wield to 2 handed.

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO

eSporks posted:

I don't understand. All he is doing is running around doing heavy attacks and one shotting people. Maybe I need to switch from dual wield to 2 handed.

That two handed heavy attack crit out of stealth is something else. I wonder what his build looks like?

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

Apparently upgrades for mount stats may be coming to the crown store.

eSporks
Jun 10, 2011

Berke Negri posted:

Apparently upgrades for mount stats may be coming to the crown store.
I guess this is one way to buy bag slots. I still want more.

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
Are there any addons out there that show all the available quests/quest hubs in a zone? I don't want to miss anything.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
yes you do

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

Don't be such a squid, bro
I always thought it was like the single player games where 2H weapons don't do extra sneak damage at all and daggers do a shitton. That's pretty much the entire reason I rolled with dual wield daggers.

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO

Verranicus posted:

Are there any addons out there that show all the available quests/quest hubs in a zone? I don't want to miss anything.

I use a few. Undiscovered for map POI's, LoreBooks for the Mages Guild books, SkyShards for the sky shards, and HarvestMap for harvesting nodes that I've hit before.

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

http://www.esoui.com/downloads/info667-Destinations.html

Destinations is pretty commonly used and very customizable. It only displays quest hubs and not the quest givers, I think, though. But any quests not apart of quest hubs are usually really lousy on exp so you're not missing out if you don't stumble across them.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.

Rough Lobster posted:

I always thought it was like the single player games where 2H weapons don't do extra sneak damage at all and daggers do a shitton. That's pretty much the entire reason I rolled with dual wield daggers.

this was found out way back when during beta and some funny builds were made from it

i don't know if this bug still exists, but i used to run a vampire hunter build with thrown dagger where i could get two thrown daggers off from stealth and both would have stealth crits since you only left stealth after the first one landed

eSporks
Jun 10, 2011

I used to do that with bow attacks and poison arrow, but it doesn't work anymore.

RUM HAM
Sep 25, 2009

Third World Reggin posted:

this was found out way back when during beta and some funny builds were made from it

i don't know if this bug still exists, but i used to run a vampire hunter build with thrown dagger where i could get two thrown daggers off from stealth and both would have stealth crits since you only left stealth after the first one landed

Dude, I remember we used to do this at launch together and blow vampires the hell up. Good times.

eSporks
Jun 10, 2011

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/170254/the-latest-exploit-with-animation-clipping

Oh this is what that nightblade was doing. Thats going to get nerfed.

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO

That makes more sense. I struggle to understand how "begin an action, cancel the animation with another action then repeat the first action cancelling the animation of the second, repeat" to allow you to complete multiple actions in the time that the animation dictates you should be able to perform one is a feature, not a bug.

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

Animation canceling is allowed, though if it's producing really serious gains that particular animation/combo may get nerfed as some have in the past.

eSporks
Jun 10, 2011

Animation canceling is allowed, but what people in that thread are talking about is doing something that bypasses the global cooldown. If the people in the thread are correct, that its possible to stack multiple abilities in 3 seconds, something is not right. I watched the dude streaming again, I really couldn't tell if he was doing that or not. So maybe he isn't.

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO
Well, there's supposed to be a 1.3 second cooldown between attacks, and there was a timestapped log in the thread showing a wrecking blow and two surprise attacks in a little less than a second. Setting that aside, animation cancelling is bullshit and it's only allowed because they don't know how to tighten up the netcode enough to stop it so that have to permit it. It isn't some complicated system they silently implemented to reward "player skill" at keyboard DDR.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Those of you wondering how Enlightenment works, here's a thing from ZoS

srypher
Jun 3, 2011

Really?
Saw the game cheap as gently caress on G2A so I decided to buy it, and could use a guild invite.

IGN is @Srypher

Sionnach
Dec 9, 2004

Resident of Raloo
Hi All,
Can I get an invite on the EU server?
IGN is @Fiadh

Thanks..

NuckmasterJ
Aug 9, 2008
Grimey Drawer
Are any of you goonies using S'rendarr to display buffs? I can't get it to work with manual install or Minion. It keeps telling me its out of date and gives me errors. :<

radintorov
Feb 18, 2011

NuckmasterJ posted:

Are any of you goonies using S'rendarr to display buffs? I can't get it to work with manual install or Minion. It keeps telling me its out of date and gives me errors. :<
I am, but I cannot help: it's working ok for me. :shobon:

inkmoth
Apr 25, 2014

Picked this game up fairly cheap on G2A, now I'm stealing everything just like it's Oblivion again.

Could I get an invite to the Ebonheart Lizard Guild? I'm @inkmoth

rlloyd3
Feb 3, 2012

inkmoth posted:

Picked this game up fairly cheap on G2A, now I'm stealing everything just like it's Oblivion again.

Could I get an invite to the Ebonheart Lizard Guild? I'm

I invited you just in time for GG talk.

Vildiil
Dec 16, 2003
Stuff
Against my better judgement mainly cause of this thread I bought a key from g2a and it was invalid. :sigh: Hopefully this doesn't take the full 72 hours to get resolved.

Forsythia
Jan 28, 2007

You want bad advice?

Anything is okay if you don't get caught!

... I hope this helps!
This game's lack of information about buffs, debuffs, and damage dealt/received in basic combat is driving me nuts. There's no such thing as a simple buff/debuff and damage numbers popup addon, is there? Every single addon I've found that tries to address that has big obnoxious scrolling text that annoys more than it helps. :smith:

eSporks
Jun 10, 2011

combat cloud and strednarr are highly customize-able, I am not sure what you want.

Forsythia
Jan 28, 2007

You want bad advice?

... I hope this helps!
I tried both of those, and no matter what I did with the options, both occupied a huge amount of visual space and annoyed me to no end. I just want a simple display (think of WoW's default UI for displaying buffs, debuffs, and damage done/healed on the fly) but I can't seem to find or configure one.

illBilliam
Jan 8, 2006

NuckmasterJ posted:

Did you check mark the "Allow out of date add ons" option in the add ons options menu?

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

I use FTC and Srendarr and I have no problems with UI clutter :shrug:

eSporks
Jun 10, 2011

Mizuti posted:

I tried both of those, and no matter what I did with the options, both occupied a huge amount of visual space and annoyed me to no end. I just want a simple display (think of WoW's default UI for displaying buffs, debuffs, and damage done/healed on the fly) but I can't seem to find or configure one.
I'm really not getting what you want. Srendarr can be reduced to nothing more than a row of small icons. Combat cloud can shrink the font size to whatever you want, only display what you what, and also compact string of hits into a single pop up if you want. Both of these can be moved and re-positioned to where you want.

If those 2 aren't capable of what you want, you will have to be more specific.

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO

eSporks posted:

I'm really not getting what you want. Srendarr can be reduced to nothing more than a row of small icons. Combat cloud can shrink the font size to whatever you want, only display what you what, and also compact string of hits into a single pop up if you want. Both of these can be moved and re-positioned to where you want.

If those 2 aren't capable of what you want, you will have to be more specific.

Speaking of Srendarr, you'll want to use this version of it. The original author never came back, so this person took it over and is maintaining it.

Forsythia
Jan 28, 2007

You want bad advice?

... I hope this helps!
Upon your suggestions I have given Srendarr another try. I had to reposition and modify a lot, but it works. I didn't realize that you could axe the timers and just have simple icons -- that's what I wanted! I think I have it adjusted to track my buffs and enemy debuffs nicely. I'll have to give combat cloud another try as well and see if I can wrangle that into something I like.

Baron Porkface
Jan 22, 2007

Scyantific posted:

I use FTC and Srendarr and I have no problems with UI clutter :shrug:

How do you move the debuffs out of the quest log area?

NuckmasterJ
Aug 9, 2008
Grimey Drawer

NeurosisHead posted:

Speaking of Srendarr, you'll want to use this version of it. The original author never came back, so this person took it over and is maintaining it.

This worked. I have the out of date thing checked but this one shows up to date and awesomness. Thanks goons!

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Outstanding afternoon. "I've often said there's nothing better for the inside of a man than the outside of a horse."

Baron Porkface posted:

How do you move the debuffs out of the quest log area?

There should be a lock/unlock button somewhere in the add on settings.

Foehammer007
Dec 7, 2011

by Pragmatica
I just picked up this game, so far having fun. @foehammer007 if I could get goon invite, the daggerfall one if it matters

inkmoth
Apr 25, 2014

Thanks for the guild invite guys :)

Also, regarding UI mods - I've mostly been playing in first person mode, just since its kind of different from some other games. Do most of these mods work well in that view, or should I follow their screenshots and just go to the standard 3rd person view?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baron Porkface
Jan 22, 2007

What is the tactical difference between reduce cost and increase maximum enchantments?

• Locked thread