Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Celery Face posted:

I'm only about an hour into it so I can't say much but it's quite a bit harder than Covenant (not that that's a bad thing) and even goofier. This goes for Shadow Hearts games in general but check every nook and cranny for hidden items when you explore and re-visit areas once in a while.

Enjoy the awesome battle theme.

Willdo then. One specific question though; it says the ending's determined by my actions and there's no way I'm going to gently caress myself into a Bad Ending or something just because I missed one event is there?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Willdo then. One specific question though; it says the ending's determined by my actions and there's no way I'm going to gently caress myself into a Bad Ending or something just because I missed one event is there?

Nah, there's only two endings, and the requirement for the good ending is pretty straightforward. By the way, the only missable things are three snap cards, two of bosses in the final dungeon and one of a miniboss you fight 4 times, again in the final dungeon. So don't worry, you can always go back to anything you miss. Make sure to do all the sidequests you can, those are how you upgrade your characters. The game's pretty straightforward, not really a whole to say about it.

If you want to know how to get both endings, basically (very minor spoilers) make sure to have all fusions at max level at the end of the game, and also the extra fusion you get from a sidequest late in the game and you get the good ending. If you want to see both, just leave a single fusion without being maxed out, beat the game, then reload and max said fusion out. I recommend doing so, as while the game is fun, the only difference between NG and NG+ is the ability to get the Eternal Key which is not interesting enough to be worth a second play.

Infinity Gaia fucked around with this message at 07:15 on May 5, 2015

Celery Face
Feb 18, 2012

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Apparently you have to "find and master all of the fetish statues" to get the good ending. It's got something to do with powering up the native lady's demon fusion powers. Maybe this would make sense if I played more of the game but since it's Shadow Hearts, it probably wouldn't make a difference.

Edit: Beaten

Celery Face fucked around with this message at 07:20 on May 5, 2015

Im_Special
Jan 2, 2011

Look At This!!! WOW!
It's F*cking Nothing.
God drat I need some tips on Elminage Gothic, which I just picked up off of Steam. I've played Class of Heroes like ages ago, but from what I remember with that game it feels like it would be babies first dungeon crawler compared to this.

For starters how should I build my characters, which stats are important and which ones aren't, should I bother touching Int on a Priest for example?

Largejaroalmonds
Sep 25, 2007
Anyone have any advice for Kaiju-a-go-go?

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Got the Metro Redux bundle. I played the original Metro 2033 years ago and plan to go through the Redux version on Ranger mode, but what about the sequel? My main problem with the first game was the bullet-spongy monsters that Ranger apparently fixed; do I need to play the equivalent difficulty in Last Light or did they change that aspect of the combat?

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.
AFAIK, Last Light always had more traditional difficulty scaling and Metro Redux does as well. You only need to play in Ranger mode if you're serious about immersion (or want a little extra oomph/risk to the combat).

John Murdoch fucked around with this message at 17:17 on May 6, 2015

ZeusJupitar
Jul 7, 2009
Anything more I should know for Xenoblade and anything specific to the 3DS version?

ArchRanger
Mar 19, 2007
I'm tired of following my dreams, I'm just gonna ask where they're goin' and meet up with 'em there.

Edit: Wow I missed like a week of posts somehow?

owl_pellet
Nov 20, 2005

show your enemy
what you look like

Anything else for Batman: Arkham Origins other than what is already on the wiki?

Bloodcider
Jun 19, 2009
It's pretty straightforward if you've played the other Arkham games. Punch dudes, get combos, break arms. The Electrocutioner fight is insanely difficult for how early in the game it is, but besides that it's all gravy.

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

Not really a "before i play" and more "need some tips to make things easier" but what have yall got for Dokapon Kingdom?

How long does the story mode go on for?

Bushmaori
Mar 8, 2009

owl_pellet posted:

Anything else for Batman: Arkham Origins other than what is already on the wiki?

You will experience glitches that will require a game restart, just be prepared for that.

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

it seemed like a good idea at the time

HOOLY BOOLY posted:

Not really a "before i play" and more "need some tips to make things easier" but what have yall got for Dokapon Kingdom?

It's not really worth playing single player, in my experience. The game is optimized for maximizing the amount you and your friends hate each other after every play session.

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Panic! at Nabisco posted:

It's not really worth playing single player, in my experience. The game is optimized for maximizing the amount you and your friends hate each other after every play session.

Oh i wouldent have bothered if it werent for hate based economy of multiplayer :unsmigghh:

The copy i got didn't come with a manual so i thought I'd ask while we are (maybe?) relatively early on in the game.

AMooseDoesStuff
Dec 20, 2012

HOOLY BOOLY posted:

Don't play it singleplayer, seriously.
You'll probably die a lot, and that's okay.
The stats you gain on level up are based on what job you currently have, but Mastering a job gives you a permanent +1 stat specific to that job for all your future level ups. Like, mastering Warrior will give you +1 str for all future level ups.
Also there are levels which are purely stat increases which you gain based on EXP and rank ups which seem to happen randomly for your jobs, just kill lots of stuff? You master a job at rank 6 and start at rank 1. On ranks 2 and 4 you get an option to get a new skill, and even if you don't take it then [it'll replace your old one.] you'll randomly get the option to pick it again anyway.
Mastering jobs also gets you new jobs from the castle.
Early in the game, points in HP are far, far, far more valuable than points in Defence.
Don't use Strike on Rico, Rico Jr or anyone who looks like a BIG drat Boss, this doesn't mean the red enemies in towns. They'll instantly counter it no matter what they'd have done otherwise.
Alchemy is the best way to make money in the game. Money is kind of important, but don't worry about it too bad. You'll probably need a lot of money to unlock the Acrobat anyway.

HOOLY BOOLY posted:

I find it generally takes an hour to clear a chapter on 4 players. They're 8 chapters, if you're gonna clear the story mode, just play them in groups of 1-2 with a regular-ish group. People can drop in and drop out and really it's just about dicking your friends over in Mario Party meets Final Fantasy so don't get too bothered about the story.
But if you want more Mario Party and less final fantasy, just play 'normal' mode or whatever it is. It dumps you onto the full world map at a pretty high level and you can set how long it goes on for, winner is the one with the most money at the end.

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

AMooseDoesStuff posted:

Don't play it singleplayer, seriously.

Double seriously. Get some friends together, get wasted, and have a blast loving each other over.

It's not a game where you cooperate with your buddies--you're out to gently caress them as hard as possible.

If someone spends too long in last place, he or she gets the option of temporarily turning into an OP-as-gently caress demon and at that point you will all pay for your transgressions

juliuspringle
Jul 7, 2007

Anyone got anything for the base version of Surgeon Simulator 2013?

klaphark
Mar 10, 2013

juliuspringle posted:

Anyone got anything for the base version of Surgeon Simulator 2013?

Just mess with it, try silly things. An operation is successful when the organ is in place so dont worry about having to put back the ribs or whatever. Some of the levels are insanely hard.

chairface
Oct 28, 2007

No matter what you believe, I don't believe in you.

Expanding a bit on the Dokapon advice:

Job masteries are one of the few things people can't take away from you and that have no negative effect on how the game will treat you or your overall progression. Get as many jobs mastered as fast as possible.

Pro tips for job mastery: In general you get job points for doing things your job does. So ideally always fight with a weapon that does bonus damage for your job type, as using an appropriate weapon matters. Otherwise, if you're a thief, steal things, rob stores, etc. Warriors should get into lots of fights. Magicians should cast spells both in battle and on the world map. Fighting poo poo lower level than you with a class-appropriate weapon (even if it's not the best pure damage output weapon you could otherwise buy) is a great way to grind out job masteries without gaining levels.

Why would you want to not gain levels? Well, here's the thing, remember how level ups get better as you have more jobs mastered, because each job mastered is +1 to a stat with each level up. So the more jobs you have mastered when you get a given levelup, the more stats you'll gain from the level. It can actually be problematic to level up too fast/early without having mastered many jobs, as by the endgame people who did work on their jobs harder will have considerably better stats.

juliuspringle
Jul 7, 2007

klaphark posted:

Just mess with it, try silly things. An operation is successful when the organ is in place so dont worry about having to put back the ribs or whatever. Some of the levels are insanely hard.

I JUST got the dlc. Anyway, I almost did the heart transplant but all I could get out was the lungs. How do I get the other stuff out? I could move the liver a bit but it wouldn't come out and the heart and stomach I couldn't move at all.

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010
Anything for Lands of Lore? Yes, I managed to miss that back in the day.

al-azad
May 28, 2009

juliuspringle posted:

I JUST got the dlc. Anyway, I almost did the heart transplant but all I could get out was the lungs. How do I get the other stuff out? I could move the liver a bit but it wouldn't come out and the heart and stomach I couldn't move at all.

To remove the liver you have to yank it back and forth, it's wedged in there. To remove the stomach and heart you have to cut their chords/ventricles/whatever. You'll see faint indentations in the tubes where you cut with the saw or scalpels. The heart has 3-4 spots.

Nomadic Scholar
Feb 6, 2013

Got any tips for evil within? Just picked it up to play and dang its creepy

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Nomadic Scholar posted:

Upgrade your match capacity to max ASAP. They are how you save the scarce amount of ammo the game gives you.

For most enemies you'll want to shoot them in the legs(or with the shotgun if you need to do it quickly) to knock them down and then run up an use a match to kill them instantly. Bonus points if you happen to catch multiple guys with one match since it kind of has a radius when you light a guy up.

You can do stealth kills from the front if you hit an enemy in the face with a bottle which is kind of hard to do and i don't think it works if they have a mask on but it's worth the saved ammo if you can do it.

Past the first 3 chapters the game doesn't really expect you to stealth the entirety of rooms(there is even an enemy type that will remind you of the las plagas guys from RE4 that CAN"T be stealth killed) so it's okay if you get spotted just work on taking out as many as you can before inevitably have to fight. With that said the game makes it very clear when you ARE suppose to be sneaky and not get caught at all though.

The game's story doesn't make a lot of sense and isn't even really talked about or even explained a little bit until much later so don't worry about being confused.

When you see a long haired bloody lady for the first time you are suppose to run away from her

Yes the grab attacks are very annoying, there's not a lot you can do other than just be slightly far away enough so that you don't get grabbed

Enjoy the creepy atmosphere and sound design, it's probably one of the best things about the game as a whole

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Say, do you know how to do the walk?

Nomadic Scholar posted:

Don't bother upgrading your health capacity. Most things that will kill you will kill you in one hit.

PJOmega
May 5, 2009
Played Diablo III a bit back when it was released. Now got the xpac, any advice for rolling up a Seasonal Crusader?

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

it seemed like a good idea at the time

PJOmega posted:

Played Diablo III a bit back when it was released. Now got the xpac, any advice for rolling up a Seasonal Crusader?
Same, but I played a year-ish ago and quit a couple months before seasons were a thing. What has changed?

KoldPT
Oct 9, 2012

PJOmega posted:

Panic! at Nabisco posted:

Same, but I played a year-ish ago and quit a couple months before seasons were a thing. What has changed?

- You have to level crafters and poo poo from 0 whenever you participate in a season

- Seasons have a couple of unique legendaries

- The game is actually good, now, whereas it wasn't before

- If you can get someone to powerlevel you to 70, you will have a lot more fun

- If you're doing bounties, do them on Act I repeatedly (you have to Leave Game to get them to show up again); you can get a Ring of Royal Grandeur from Act I bounty chests, which reduces by 1 the pieces you need to equip of a particular set in order to get any of its bonuses (minimum 2). This also allows you to use craftable sets like Aughild's while you're waiting for your useful sets to drop!

- The game's pretty flexible with what you do if all you wanna do is hit Torment VI. If you're doing Greater Rifts, you can probably make up stuff and do okay up until the 30s. You're not doing 40+ without a Witch Doctor.

Pneub
Mar 12, 2007

I'M THE DEVIL, AND I WILL WASH OVER THE EARTH AND THE SEAS WILL RUN RED WITH THE BLOOD OF ALL THE SINNERS

I AM REBORN

Nomadic Scholar posted:

Try and keep your weapon upgrades fairly evenly spread-out. You usually don't get enough ammo to lean on any one gun for too long (it's still not a bad idea to work on holding more matches early on though).

Pneub fucked around with this message at 03:33 on May 11, 2015

JaggerMcDagger
Feb 13, 2012

Bringing you Barry from the sordid depths of the Internet

Kaboom Dragoon posted:

Anything tips for The Witch and the Hundred Knight? I've heard there's a nasty bug or two in there. Playing the PAL version if that makes any difference.

Normal ending is the bad ending, true ending is a less bad but still bad ending, bad ending is the best ending.
People will start getting mad at you if you constantly take over houses. Sometimes its worth it, but not often.
When you are setting up your weapon combos, make sure the die numbers go in order, as that gives you a massive boost in damage.
The last level and boss are huge dicks and spikes in difficulty so don't be surprised if you have to grind.

Combat-Jack
Jul 16, 2009

Less yap, more ZAP
Grabbed The misadventures of tron bonne on PSN, any pointers?

Metal Meltdown
Mar 27, 2010

KoldPT posted:

- You have to level crafters and poo poo from 0 whenever you participate in a season

- Seasons have a couple of unique legendaries

- The game is actually good, now, whereas it wasn't before

- If you can get someone to powerlevel you to 70, you will have a lot more fun

- If you're doing bounties, do them on Act I repeatedly (you have to Leave Game to get them to show up again); you can get a Ring of Royal Grandeur from Act I bounty chests, which reduces by 1 the pieces you need to equip of a particular set in order to get any of its bonuses (minimum 2). This also allows you to use craftable sets like Aughild's while you're waiting for your useful sets to drop!

- The game's pretty flexible with what you do if all you wanna do is hit Torment VI. If you're doing Greater Rifts, you can probably make up stuff and do okay up until the 30s. You're not doing 40+ without a Witch Doctor.

Most of this is fine, but I feel I should add some corrections for recent patches.

-On the subject of the Royal Ring, it's no longer the defacto ring. It's still drat useful, so you'll want one but you don't need it right off the bat. Starting at torment 2, a cache gathered from doing all five bounties in an act has a 50% chance at dropping one of five cache only legendaries. This increases by 12.5% per torment, up to 100% drop on Torment 6. Act 1 has the ring.

-Greater rift 40 is now very easily obtainable once you've assembled one of your class sets. Hell, people have cleared 60+ rifts but you have to be a very serious poopsocker to hit that level (Don't do this).

-Speaking of class sets, every class has at least 2 or more class specific sets that give you a ludicrous increase in power. These will drop from anywhere in the world starting at torment 1, and can be gambled from Kadala at any difficulty. Be on the hunt for these and any other legendaries that have synergy with them.

-If you're returning to the game, you should start in seasons. There's a larger player base and a few unique legendaries available. At the end of a season, all characters and items will become non-season but are still playable. If you played ladders in Diablo 2, you'll know the deal.

-Start in at least hard difficulty, and increase to expert/master at your discretion.

There's honestly a ton of stuff I could put here, but you're probably better off hitting up the Blizzard sub forum under Games.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
So after putting about 4 hours into Prison Architect, I now have a prison that WOULD be functional if not for the constant riots and general chaos that pervades it. I think I'm just going to need to start a new prison rather than try and salvage this one, but before I do does anyone have any tips?

Here's my current prison for reference: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=441407843l

Yes I know some of the cells are weirdly sized, just ignore that.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Anything for Far Cry 4 besides what's in the wiki?

Mainly I'd like to know if there are any skills that are essential to get ASAP, and if there are any weapons/upgrades that can be unlocked early on that I should be using? I always get overwhelmed by games with lots of choices like this one.

Orv
May 4, 2011

Ainsley McTree posted:

Anything for Far Cry 4 besides what's in the wiki?

Mainly I'd like to know if there are any skills that are essential to get ASAP, and if there are any weapons/upgrades that can be unlocked early on that I should be using? I always get overwhelmed by games with lots of choices like this one.

None of the skills are super essential but all of the ones that expand your killing options will be pretty good pick ups. Early on in the story you'll get reliable access to a gyrocopter spawn, next to the first outpost you liberate. It plus the M86 will let you fly around and gently caress over convoys and Pagan's Wrath with death from the sky. Finally, to upgrade your poo poo you'll need to climb towers to reveal hunting locations on your map. You can land a gyrocopter on the upper level of most towers without issue.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

for farcry 4 make sure you take 2 outposts without being spotted asap because it unlocks faster movement and that's a godsend in that game.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Orv posted:

Finally, to upgrade your poo poo you'll need to climb towers to reveal hunting locations on your map. You can land a gyrocopter on the upper level of most towers without issue.

Are any of the hunting animals especially rare, or can I just approach it with the attitude of "I want to upgrade X and it tells me I need Y skins, it's time to hunt Y now" and otherwise ignore the animals I come across? Basically I hate how pelts take up space in your inventory, and I don't want to run around carrying a bunch of useless skins, but if I come across some golden marmoset or something that's going to be exceptionally hard to find on purpose, I guess I might as well know so I can kill it when I see it.

Orv
May 4, 2011

Ainsley McTree posted:

Are any of the hunting animals especially rare, or can I just approach it with the attitude of "I want to upgrade X and it tells me I need Y skins, it's time to hunt Y now" and otherwise ignore the animals I come across? Basically I hate how pelts take up space in your inventory, and I don't want to run around carrying a bunch of useless skins, but if I come across some golden marmoset or something that's going to be exceptionally hard to find on purpose, I guess I might as well know so I can kill it when I see it.

Only the final tier of each upgrade requires semi-rare animals and you'll know if you find them because they are hosed up. Otherwise just sell skins unless you need them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Thanks for the advice! One more question for now:

Real hurthling! posted:

for farcry 4 make sure you take 2 outposts without being spotted asap because it unlocks faster movement and that's a godsend in that game.

I cleared 2 outposts, but hosed up doing it undetected. I notice that I now have a "replay outpost" side mission at one of them; does this give me another opportunity to try to do it undetected, or do you lose the opportunity forever once you mess it up the first time?

The game's big enough that I'm not exactly itching to repeat content at this point, but I figure it'll be good to know for if I run out of easy outposts and I haven't done 2 of them undetected yet.