Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Real Madrid needs Otto Rehhagel IMO

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven

julian assflange posted:

Carlo owns but that doesn't count for much at Madrid without trophies. I hope he stays

Carlo is a great fit for Madrid because he's a great manager who seems to navigate the bullshit fairly well.

I honestly can't see anyone else stepping into that position and not sinking like a stone.

Suqit
Apr 25, 2005

Stars Stripes Freedom Jozy
(Jozy not pictured here)
There's no shame being the 2nd best team in the world.

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Suqit posted:

There's no shame being the 2nd best team in the world.

Juventus beat them too?

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

As much as I want to fuel the fire of dysfunction, Carlo has been a good manager and they shouldn't fire him. It's not his fault Modric got hurt. It's not his fault the Welsh ape turned out to be an inconsistent flash in the pan. It's not his fault Ronaldo can't score from over 1 yard out. And it's not his fault Pepe and Ramos are terrible.

Now maybe he should play a good goalie and change his formation to account for injuries but Madrid's problems are really more of an issue of roster construction and declining talent than game management.

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Madrid to get Guardiola and learn to triangle.

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Che storia figata, ragazzo!

Nah, Pep is set to ruin Manchester City next, maybe he'll manage to triangle them into the Championship.

Carlo is a good manager but unfortunately he doesn't have the balls to challenge the ruling group of players so he will always be forced to use them no matter how poo poo they are now.

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Drogadon posted:

Nah, Pep is set to ruin Manchester City next, maybe he'll manage to triangle them into the Championship.

Carlo is a good manager but unfortunately he doesn't have the balls to challenge the ruling group of players so he will always be forced to use them no matter how poo poo they are now.

But... but.. Guillem Balague said there is no truth to those reports!!!

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11679/9843617/guillem-balague-dismisses-pep-guardiola-to-manchester-city-report-as-rubbish

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

Carlo and his high raised eye brows will stay.

Chris de Sperg
Aug 14, 2009

maybe real madrid should get rid of poo poo oval office cancer keylor navas. just a thought

mackintosh
Aug 18, 2007

Semper Fidelis Poloniae

Chris de Sperg posted:

maybe real madrid should get rid of poo poo oval office cancer keylor navas. just a thought

That's a strange way to spell Iker Casillas.

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Che storia figata, ragazzo!

Keylor has god on his side and is a good catholic boy trying to get the madrid whites back into the path of righteousness.

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Instead of a tre-eight slug to yo' cranium/
I got six and I'm aimin' 'em/
Will I bust or keep you guessin'
I don't know how much longer they can keep Casillas there, the Bernabeu hates him and the whole world knows he's poo poo.

He should've been smart like Raul and left the team with grace, but now he's going to leave this season or next and RM fans are going to be glad he left.

TwoDogs1Cup
May 28, 2008

DOUGIE DOUGIE DOUGIE! MY LOVE, HE MAKES MY EMPTY HEART FULL! DOUGIE! THE BEST FOREVER THE BEST DOUGIEEE! <3 <3 - TwoDougies1Cup

El Hefe posted:

I don't know how much longer they can keep Casillas there, the Bernabeu hates him and the whole world knows he's poo poo.

He should've been smart like Raul and left the team with grace, but now he's going to leave this season or next and RM fans are going to be glad he left.

How has he declined so much? He's only 33 which is nothing for a GK since most are in their prime in their 30s.

mackintosh
Aug 18, 2007

Semper Fidelis Poloniae

El Hefe posted:

Ideally, he should leave this summer. I adored Casillas for years and genuinely believed he'd be back to his best once Mourinho was out of the picture, but he's obviously way past it now. There was plenty of time to get back in form. It's just not going to happen at this level. His stubbornness to let go is a disability and Real needs to deal with it, as do Spain. It really is a pity he didn't leave or retire on the high of winning the decima.

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

It was almost as if Mourinho knew he was poo poo before everyone else knew he was poo poo...

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Casillas was legitimately good but then Mourinho broke him mentally after the whole "topo" press fiasco and that was that for him, he's been poo poo ever since.

PerpetualSelf
Apr 6, 2015

by Ralp

El Hefe posted:

Casillas was legitimately good but then Mourinho broke him mentally after the whole "topo" press fiasco and that was that for him, he's been poo poo ever since.

lol if you believe Casillas was legimately good he's utter shite mate and responsible for the past 5 years of Madrid mediocrity. If he'd been loving gotten rid of proper under Mou Madrid would be league champions instead of losing it on a single match based on el topo's utter failure. Goalkeeper are supposed to get better with age. Especially at Casillas Age. Casillas is only getting worse and worse and worse. gently caress him.

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
He honestly was good until like 2010 or so, at the 2010 World Cup he was still really good and responsible for Spain winning so many games 1-0.

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

PerpetualSelf posted:

lol if you believe Casillas was legimately good he's utter shite mate and responsible for the past 5 years of Madrid mediocrity. If he'd been loving gotten rid of proper under Mou Madrid would be league champions instead of losing it on a single match based on el topo's utter failure. Goalkeeper are supposed to get better with age. Especially at Casillas Age. Casillas is only getting worse and worse and worse. gently caress him.
sergio ramos is worse than casillas

PerpetualSelf
Apr 6, 2015

by Ralp

Mans posted:

sergio ramos is worse than casillas

Yes but Sergio Ramos is better than most of the other cb's they have and he evens out by scoring even though he sucks.

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

During the first year with Mourinho Iker was super good and clutch. He kept a lot of Classico's closer than they should have been with some pretty great saves. Since then he hasn't been good and this year he's poo poo.
But like the good poster above me said, Ramos is much worse and Pepe is overrated

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat
This is what Raul is doing these days.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Lladre posted:

This is what Raul is doing these days.

Marcos Senna and Raul playing with a bunch of literal waiters in a high school stadium in Queens.

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL

blue footed boobie posted:

Marcos Senna and Raul playing with a bunch of literal waiters in a high school stadium in Queens.

I can't see Rafa in that picture?

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat
Almost. The Stuart stadium is east of the Queens/Nassau border.

Also the guy in the dreads in the foreground, allegedly picked 77 as his shirt number because he's twice as good as Raul.

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

More evidence that Ronaldo is broken and has lost his mojo.

quote:

The problem for Ronaldo was that standing 12 yards away was Diego Alves. “You’re going to go right and I’m going to save it,” the goalkeeper told him and he was entitled to be confident. There may never have been a better penalty saver: he has let in fewer than 50% of the spot-kicks he has faced in Spain, saving 43% of them. “You’re going to go right and I’m going to save it,” he said and that’s exactly what happened.

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
stop posting your ronaldo fanfic

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

http://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2015/may/11/la-liga-barcelona-real-madrid-valencia

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN
i think its funny when the barca f*g boys try to do the everyone-against-messi style takedowns and it comes off sounding insanely g*y

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/

Barvo
Feb 19, 2008

by Ralp

He's a cool dude, not seeing a problem here.

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Cristiano looks like the kind of guy who bleaches his rear end in a top hat

8raz
Jun 22, 2007

He's Scouse, He's Sound.

El Hefe posted:

Its just common courtesy

ayb
Sep 12, 2003
Kills Drifters for erections

El Hefe posted:

how much do you think about Ronaldo's rear end in a top hat

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/

ayb posted:

how much do you think about Ronaldo's rear end in a top hat

this much

code:
* /     \             \            /    \       *
*|       |             \          |      |      *
*|       `.             |         |       :     *
*`        |             |        \|       |     *
* \       | /       /  \\\   ____ \\       :    *
*  \      \/   ___~~          ~____| \     |    *
*   \      \__~                    ~__\    |    *
*    \_     \        _.______  .______\|   |    *
*      \     \______// _ ___ _ (_(__>  \   |    *
*       \   .  C ___)  ______ (_(____>  |  /    *
*       /\ |   C ____)/      \ (_____>  |_/     *
*      / /\|   C_____)       |  (___>   /  \    *
*     |   (   _C_____)\______/  // _/ /     \   *
*     |    \  |__   \\_________// (__/       |  *
*    | \    \____)   `____  ___'             |  *
*    |  \_          ___\       /_          _/ | *
*   |              /    |     |  \            | *
*   |             |    /       \  \           | *
*   |          / /    |         |  \           |*
*   |         / /      \__/\___/    |          |*
*  |           /        |    |       |         |*

Suqit
Apr 25, 2005

Stars Stripes Freedom Jozy
(Jozy not pictured here)
Let's be honest. Nobody can replicate the kind of game MBM pulls on posting about Barça and real. He's the very best.

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL

El Hefe posted:

No need for that imo, Hegav is already pretty pale.

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

ephex posted:

No need for that imo, Hegav is already pretty pale.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/

Suqit posted:

Let's be honest. Nobody can replicate the kind of game MBM pulls on posting about Barça and real. He's the very best.

Why don't you marry him

• Locked thread