Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Adus
Nov 4, 2009

heck
:munch:

mmm your next reward challenge is to screenshot let's play that entire game.

your reward...

is my autograph

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Yessir.

Level 4

This is where things really start to heat up in the story. When I get to level 4, some weird dude attacks me and his attack screen is probably supposed to look menacing and impossible to beat but since I am on Easy Difficulty it looked fairly underwhelming, if tedious. Naia uses a ~Saving Grace~ to stop the fight. We apparently get three of these, but the game picks when they're used. The first one was used at the very start of the game. The guy is revealed to be the seventh guardian who came down to make things harder. Okay. I don't get any pics of this part because my club like fingers are too lazy to take screenshots for non bossfights. Also it's 2 am at this point.

Ky flips out on Naia because uh, uh? and then they have some awkward interactions for the rest of the level. Ky is seriously a dick.

The boss for this level is Drill Sergeant woman who is more caring than she initially seems. Naia tells her to kick my rear end because we're still in the "misunderstandings make us mad" phase of the romcom plotline. I win the fight but, plot things happen and somebody has kidnapped Naia from her observation booth! The Drill sergeant woman, Jane, is now speaking softly and offers to help me find Naia. I guess now we have to save Naia, because you know, what video game would be complete without saving a woman.

Level 5

We're in the tunnels and get into a fight. It's a pretty bland monster fight but the characters find this to be a shocking turn of events. We get to the booth Naia was supposed to be in but she's gone, Jane assumes the shepherd's role and then we go through another fine hour of grinding to get the required poo poo.

The level boss is a mafia game goon, a real life type one, not somebody who gets mad about party games. He's kidnapped Naia! Also I guess it's revealed that Guardians can alter your perception of reality and poo poo so he pulls so dirtbag moves like making you accidentally fight Naia and stuff. Anyway there's a long cutscene where our hero uses string theory to get himself out of a strange situation, then we kick this fella's rear end.

And we also get to meet Naia! Jane seems to have taken her role full time now, and uh?

A likable man

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Do not hover over this text if you want to be able to in any way enjoy the game's story: Ky is pretty obviously a self-insert of the guy who kickstarted the game, and the game is all about a plot from the future to get him, an amazing super genius, to hook up with the girl, who is also an amazing super genius. The whole story is really blatant and skeevy wish fulfillment... that just so happens to be attached to what is actually a pretty decent game.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Poison Mushroom posted:

Do not hover over this text if you want to be able to in any way enjoy the game's story: Ky is pretty obviously a self-insert of the guy who kickstarted the game, and the game is all about a plot from the future to get him, an amazing super genius, to hook up with the girl, who is also an amazing super genius. The whole story is really blatant and skeevy wish fulfillment... that just so happens to be attached to what is actually a pretty decent game.

I knew it! Whenever they mention his engineering background I cartoonishly furrow my brow and think "you're very proud of yourself"

DoggPickle
Jan 16, 2004

LAFFO

Adus posted:

mmm your next reward challenge is to screenshot let's play that entire game.

your reward...

is my autograph

Hahaha I haven't met you yet, but this really made me laugh. Some of us were joking about watching a lot of Let's Play's a couple weeks ago. That's not particularly relevant. I just love SS LP's :dance:

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

We had seven reward challenge winners.

Prizes are being distributed as follows:
Games - MMM, Chic Trombone
Flint - imgay, CirclMastr
Idol clue - Rurea, garthoneeye, Strong Mouse

The games and idol clues have now been delivered.
Flint people, congratulations. You now have a flint.

I'll see you all tonight for the immunity challenge in 3.5 hours.

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Was the flint not a physical reward?

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Level 6

So with Naia all saved up we head up to the sixth floor (but not before seeing the same mysterious woman who appeared on floor three, the one I didn't see. I knew it was the same woman because Ky helpfully explained "It's the woman I saw on floor three!")

We grind up for a really long time because it takes me like 10 fights to get this item that's supposed to drop 55% of the time then there's the boss fight. The sixth guardian is the same woman that we saw on floors 3 and 5 but nobody really knows why Ky saw her, not even the woman herself. The issue is dropped for now, I'm sure we'll come back to it. The woman is an Astrologer and Tarot card reader. She says something about a virgo, Ky says he's not a virgo, neither is Naia or Jane. I actually am a virgo, so she must have been talking about me and therefore astrology is always accurate and just.

Despite fighting dozens of monsters and perception altering guardians in a magical tower they know little about, Ky and Naia aren't having any of this astrology bullshit. They give her the full r/science smackdown which I'm going to reproduce it in full because it's quite something.

You know that astrological signs were invented by people who thought the stars were burning chariot wheels in the sky, right?

And that due to the 26,000 year cycle of Earth's precession, The current Zodiac is almost an entire month shifted from its original alignment

But it's evident that the planetary motions shape the star-taffy of your--

How can you explain time-twins, people born at the exact same second in time yet developing completely different personalities and traits

Or account for the mountains of evidence showing that astrological signs have absolutely no impact on the success of a relationship

Or reconcile the contradicting astrological views of the Babylonian, Chinese, Greek, Persian, Egyptian and Arab civilizations?

Enough, I can see your negative aura is--

Seriously, shut the hell up.

well, that concludes level 6!

Adus
Nov 4, 2009

heck

yes yes

how DOES one explain time-twins

(is this a real thing anyone says?)

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

Someone wrote that and was so proud of themselves when they did so.

Time Twins...

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

I particularly like how the smackdown ends with "shut the hell up" despite them not letting her get a word in the first place.

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

If anyone's curious, my game was Half Minute Hero: Super Mega Neo Climax Ultimate Boy

It looks interesting, though I haven't gotten the chance to play it yet. Hopefully I will tomorrow!

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Chic Trombone posted:

If anyone's curious, my game was Half Minute Hero: Super Mega Neo Climax Ultimate Boy

It looks interesting, though I haven't gotten the chance to play it yet. Hopefully I will tomorrow!

ya gotta lp it

DoggPickle
Jan 16, 2004

LAFFO
Why does brown-hair/green-shirt guy look like such a (I dunno some awful word with stupid included?) at all times? Please tell me that is not the protagonist. I zoned out for a bit.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

DoggPickle posted:

Why does brown-hair/green-shirt guy look like such a (I dunno some awful word with stupid included?) at all times? Please tell me that is not the protagonist. I zoned out for a bit.

He is the protagonist (here's a video of that dialogue if you want to hear his voice)

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

Good lord but he sounds like a jackass

DoggPickle
Jan 16, 2004

LAFFO

Just jump off a ledge, eat a poison mushroom, walk into a goomba, try to shoot zombies in the feet, whatever it takes to die, because this dude should not win any games. :dance:

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

I've gotta win it for adus

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Come on in, guys.

Welcome to Trader Jeff's. Tonight's challenge is going to be a bit different than what you're used to. The rules will be few... at least in this thread. The actual rules will be many. You're going to be making offers, giving promises, haggling, and bartering with each other for the next 1.5 hours. And tonight, tribal lines are going to mean very little.

First things first, both tribes will be going to Tribal Council. Tonight, you are playing for individual immunity rather than tribal immunity.

That's not the only twist tonight, however. I am going to shuffle you into two random teams. Tribes will be mixed for this challenge. After the challenge, you'll return to your current tribes. Communication will be open during this game. That is, you'll be free to talk to every player here tonight about anything you choose. Of course, screenshots and copy/pasting will remain against the rules, and when the challenge is over, you will once again be forbidden from communicating across tribes outside of this thread.

So how does this work? You're each going to start with a few things from around camp, which you'll then pass around between yourselves. Specifically, to begin the game, you'll all be given two of each of the following items:

A couple of you already have flint. Those people will now have three flint.

Each of these items has a certain value. In certain combinations, that value changes.

When the game begins, each of you will be sent a piece of information, a rule, about how these items will be scored. Every player will receive at least some information that is unique to them. The only way to learn exactly what the items you own are worth is to share information.

You can share your rules however you choose. You can also pass items however you choose. You can tell someone a lie about your rule. You can give someone an item for nothing, or for some sort of handshake deal. Basically, the action in this challenge will be moved by you.

For an item to be passed from one player to another, I need both players to PM me or Skype/IM me that they agree to the deal. Once I confirm, the deal will have taken place. I will not be involved in the sharing of your rules. This challenge will end promptly at midnight, although I'll need some time to post the scores.

You might be wondering how teams factor into this. I will score each person's possessions individually. I will then sum the scores for each team. The Sexy tribe member and the Swole tribe member with the highest individual scores from the winning team will win immunity.

This means you have to balance playing to maximize your own score with helping your team win. Having the highest score in the game will mean nothing if your team can't win.

The teams will be formed randomly, but first I need to know who is here. I will give you the next 10 minutes to check in by posting in this thread, and to ask some preliminary questions. Then we will establish teams and the game will begin. Good luck.

Fast Luck fucked around with this message at 23:36 on May 22, 2015

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i here

Strong Mouse
Jun 11, 2012

You disrespect us. You drag corpses around. You steal, and you hurt feelings!

RRRRRRRAAAAARGH!

Prepare to die!
I'm here.

garthoneeye
Feb 18, 2013

I'm here

AnAnonymousIdiot
Sep 14, 2013

Standing by.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

I found flint in my game I should get one piece of flint

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

WHO WANTS A MASSIVE SKYPE CALL?

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

Checking in

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

Hi friends!

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

we will go far into the sea
you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
Hi I am here!

anyone from swole wanna add me on skype I am saanonymousnarcotics

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

Preliminary offer: Give me all of your machetes and I will give you something ~good~ in return.

garthoneeye
Feb 18, 2013

I'm garthoneeyeSA on skype for all you Sexys

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i rob.lido

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

seriously tho let's just group skype call it or something

Strong Mouse
Jun 11, 2012

You disrespect us. You drag corpses around. You steal, and you hurt feelings!

RRRRRRRAAAAARGH!

Prepare to die!
strong_mouse is my skype

imidge
Aug 16, 2003

what's good world

imidge
Aug 16, 2003

and as my tribe is already painfully aware, i can't skype because i have a chromebook!

DoggPickle
Jan 16, 2004

LAFFO
I'm here

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

We have eleven players checked in.

Because teams need to be even, I'm going to make the following offer:

One player will get to play solo. This person will not receive a rule, but will automatically be added to the winning team at the end of the game, and will be eligible for individual immunity. Who wants it?

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

Someone start a big skype call?

garthoneeye
Feb 18, 2013

I'll be solo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Garth claiming solo. Anyone else want it?

• Locked thread