Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

I want the solo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

CirclMastr posted:

Someone start a big skype call?

Working on it!

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

CirclMastr, garth claimed it first. If you want to be the solo player, you'll have to give me one stack of firewood. Are you willing to do that?

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

Nah gently caress that.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

garthoneeye posted:

I'll be solo

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

Genuine photograph of Garth

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

:clint:

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

We have our teams.

Team Haggle
Rurea
MMM
imgay
D. Coil
AnAnonymousIdiot

Team Barter
Strong Mouse
Chic Trombone
AnonymousNarcotics
CirclMastr
DoggPickle

Free Agent
garthoneeye

You all have two of each item, except CirclMastr and imgay, who have three flint.

You'll be receiving your rules by PM shortly.

imidge
Aug 16, 2003

n/m

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
D.Coil i'll trade you 2 cocunuts for 2 machete

imidge
Aug 16, 2003

no thx

Strong Mouse
Jun 11, 2012

You disrespect us. You drag corpses around. You steal, and you hurt feelings!

RRRRRRRAAAAARGH!

Prepare to die!

DaisyDanger
Feb 19, 2007

Sorry, a system error occurred.
wow what a thrilling group of players

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

DaisyDanger posted:

wow what a thrilling group of players

eat it

DaisyDanger
Feb 19, 2007

Sorry, a system error occurred.

sorry i didn't mean to interrupt your game of cards against humanity, carry on

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

Well, that was fun.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

In a way, we're all winners

DoggPickle
Jan 16, 2004

LAFFO

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Team Two were the winners, with 271 points.

Team Two
Strong Mouse
Chic Trombone
AnonymousNarcotics
CirclMastr
DoggPickle
solo: garthonneye

Team One had 225 points.

From Team Two...

CirclMastr won immunity with 67 points.
Chic Trombone, DoggPickle, and garthoneeye each scored 51 points and will share immunity for the Swole tribe.

One player won an advantage in a future challenge.

Nobody traded any coconuts, so the auction will remain unchanged.

A terrible performance by all. You can head back to your original camps.

garthoneeye
Feb 18, 2013

Sorry Fastluck, this challenge just came at a poor time in the game. :(

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

It was a really cool challenge I thought! It just came at the wrong time game-wise

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Cards Against Humanity is less stressful then challenge atleast.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

garthoneeye posted:

Sorry Fastluck, this challenge just came at a poor time in the game. :(
I definitely disagree. I'm sure whatever it was that people were looking to accomplish, you could have still accomplished while actually playing the game that was designed for you to play.

That said, we've got two Tribal Councils coming up. Let's hold them both tomorrow.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Tomorrow:

Sexy Tribe, 8:30PM to 9:30PM EST for your Tribal Council.

Swole Tribe, 9:30PM to 10:30PM EST for your Tribal Council.

Sound okay?

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

I'll be a little late for the 8:30 one but it's a tribal so no biggie

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
ok

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

yeah, a little bit late is fine for a Tribal Council.

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

Fast Luck posted:

I definitely disagree. I'm sure whatever it was that people were looking to accomplish, you could have still accomplished while actually playing the game that was designed for you to play.

That said, we've got two Tribal Councils coming up. Let's hold them both tomorrow.

I mean to be fair we DID play the game - the one trade that occured was the only trade we needed to accomplish what we needed done, though.

garthoneeye
Feb 18, 2013

Sounds good.

DoggPickle
Jan 16, 2004

LAFFO
I feel bad. I thought this was a cool game, but because of the particular situation, nobody really cared about winning - our only goals were to keep certain people from winning... and they weren't even here. So what can you do?

I got immunity and I did JACK poo poo, besides laugh at other people playing cards. This isn't the moderator's fault, but just general bad timing. I'm pretty sure that most of us are of "one voice" at this point, and that's regardless of REAL LIFE or just being a jackass, if you never show up - we all want to play with players. I think this is pretty noble, plus nobody wants to get back-stabbed from some dude that only posted once and then pops up from HEYA OUTER SPACE and votes against you.

Sorry about the crappy challenge. :(

Personally, I'm in it to WIN IT :dance:

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

we will go far into the sea
you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back

Jato posted:

Except post the cookie recipes itt instead so the rest of us can bake some cookies on this god forsaken island.

AnonymousNarcotics posted:

I will actually do this because I have an amazing cookie recipe.

As promised, my cookie recipe!

Ingredients:

2 ½ cups almond meal

¼ tsp sea salt

¼ tsp baking soda

5 Tbsp butter

5 Tbsp apple butter

1 Tbsp vanilla

⅓ cup honey

chocolate chips

Directions:

Preheat oven to 350 F

Mix all of the dry ingredients together

Melt the butter in a heat proof bowl and add the honey, vanilla, and apple butter

Add the dry ingredients to the wet and mix well

Stir in the chocolate chips and spoon cookie-size balls onto a parchment lined baking sheet

Bake for 15 minutes. Cookies should still be fairly soft when you take them out, they will harden somewhat as they cool.

They should look like this when finished.

Enjoy!

DoggPickle
Jan 16, 2004

LAFFO
Can you sub Flour for almond meal?? My mom made awesome cookies, but I lost the recipe. That is SO sad. Seriously!!

Jato
Dec 21, 2009

Never made cookies with almond meal but I think I have a bag of it around and those look pretty good - will try that this weekend.

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back

DoggPickle posted:

Can you sub Flour for almond meal?? My mom made awesome cookies, but I lost the recipe. That is SO sad. Seriously!!

I've never tried to make it with regular flour but I'm assuming it wouldn't be exactly the same. The apple butter (or whatever type you use: apricot is one of my other faves) is the important bit

AnAnonymousIdiot
Sep 14, 2013

AnonymousNarcotics posted:

I've never tried to make it with regular flour but I'm assuming it wouldn't be exactly the same. The apple butter (or whatever type you use: apricot is one of my other faves) is the important bit

I think with anything other than a gluten-producing grain requires something naturally sticky or syrupy and giving it form with the butter; some would try to add more things like chocolate syrup, honey or - I posit - the apple butter. Subbing in regular flour would probably mean swapping out - or using less of - the peanut and apple butter in the recipe. There's more stiffness in the batter with the recipe provided and substituted.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
:munch:

Okay, then.

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
I found that recipe online and it called for 10 Tbsps of butter and I was like holy crap that's a lot of butter, and I googled what I can substitute for some of the butter. Hence... Apple butter!

AnAnonymousIdiot
Sep 14, 2013

I'm guessing that the recipe may be for Mexican wedding cookies, which are notoriously dry.

DoggPickle
Jan 16, 2004

LAFFO
apple Butter is Frickin' DELICIOUS and I could eat it out of the jar by itself. I thought I was the only person North of North Carolina who'd ever heard of it because all my friends are like :wtf: =D

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AnAnonymousIdiot
Sep 14, 2013

Probably were thinking only peanuts could be butter, and that anything would be too gross as a kid.

• Locked thread