Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON

Yes, that's a Jaguar hood ornament on a PT Cruiser.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Scruff McGruff posted:

That makes sense, I assumed it was some sort of transport van but I didn't see any company decals on the sides like you usually see on those things (private owner I guess). My hope is that it had a temp plate but the back windows is so tinted that there's no way anyone would know.

Still belongs here because it's a Grand Caravan :barf:

Grand Caravans are great though

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

PCOS Bill posted:

Grand Caravans are great though

This has been posted in the correct thread. This is terrible car stuff.

eyebeem
Jul 18, 2013

by R. Guyovich

CommieGIR posted:

Jesus Christ

BigPaddy
Jun 30, 2008

That night we performed the rite and opened the gate.
Halfway through, I went to fix us both a coke float.
By the time I got back, he'd gone insane.
Plus, he'd left the gate open and there was evil everywhere.

eyebeem posted:

Jesus Christ

Loves you apparently.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

BigPaddy posted:

Loves you apparently.

If that cross hanging off the right hand side does not double as his exhaust bozuku style, I will be sorely disappointed.

razorscooter
Nov 5, 2008

CommieGIR posted:

saturn died for your sins

stump
Jan 19, 2006

CommieGIR posted:

If that cross hanging off the right hand side does not double as his exhaust bozuku style, I will be sorely disappointed.

I can't help but see that plate as "FAST PEDO".

Aurune
Jun 17, 2006

Your car looks like poo poo is poo poo.
My favorite part is the flaming skull coming out the rear end. It's like it just ate at taco bell.

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.

Aurune
Jun 17, 2006

I think the terrible car stuff happens about 30 minutes later when it's wrapped around a tree.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Aurune posted:

I think the terrible car stuff happens about 30 minutes later when it's wrapped around a tree.

No, the terrible stuff is when it gets stopped doing 200kph weaving through traffic and it's teenage driver freaks out believing he's above the law because his parents own half of Xuzhou

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Wonder if they're Chinese or Arab.

DefaultPeanut
Nov 4, 2006
What's not to like?
Gotta love BC; N driver with a car a smidge over the spec of the typical 4 cylinder fwd econobox other New drivers can barely control.

^^ 50/50 guess. There is an Indian kid up the street from me that is rocking a 2015 ZR1, N tucked in the back window.

Edit: must be a sticker on there, the regular magnetic "N" wouldn't stick to carbon fiber too well.

DefaultPeanut fucked around with this message at 08:57 on May 12, 2015

fish and chips and dip
Feb 17, 2010
Speaking of China, I've read up on Chinese automotive history and I found a brand called Binzhou.

Binzhou Automotive comes with a very interesting history, the town of Binzhou wanted to start making cars, and funded a car company. However, they couldn't get premission from the central government to make cars, only from the city government. This meant that the Binzhou cars could only be sold and driven legally in the town of Binzhou. All in all around 100 were made before the project folded.

The cars themselves were a ripoff of another Chinese car, the Geely (the guys who bought Volvo) with a new front, which itself was a ripoff of the Daihatsu Charade.

Glorious Harmony Car:

Edit: Binzhou town's other claim to fame is to be one of the two sources of the contaminated pet food during the pet food scandal of 2007.

fish and chips and dip fucked around with this message at 09:11 on May 12, 2015

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.

Farmland Park posted:

Edit: Binzhou town's other claim to fame is to be one of the two sources of the contaminated pet food during the pet food scandal of 2007.

A Fisker Karma!

Vanagoon
Jan 20, 2008

Best Dead Gay Forums
on the whole Internet!

I don't hate this. It needs a Giant comedy mustache above the grille though. It just screams "grinning villain" to me

freelop
Apr 28, 2013

Where we're going, we won't need fries to see

Vanagoon posted:

I don't hate this. It needs a Giant comedy mustache above the grille though. It just screams "grinning villain" to me

Specifically Fawful

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Vanagoon posted:

Looks like a baleen whale to me.

Vanagoon
Jan 20, 2008

Best Dead Gay Forums
on the whole Internet!
I suck at photoshop, but:

Scrambles
Jul 24, 2003

I WANT IT
it is catbus

floydpepper
Nov 7, 2004

"It Don't Make You A Bad Person"
Terrible cell phone picture of terrible plate

It says "MERIKA"

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Iridium
Apr 4, 2002

Wretched Harp

Marketing tie ins stretching a bit.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Farmland Park posted:

Speaking of China, I've read up on Chinese automotive history and I found a brand called Binzhou.

Binzhou Automotive comes with a very interesting history, the town of Binzhou wanted to start making cars, and funded a car company. However, they couldn't get premission from the central government to make cars, only from the city government. This meant that the Binzhou cars could only be sold and driven legally in the town of Binzhou. All in all around 100 were made before the project folded.

The cars themselves were a ripoff of another Chinese car, the Geely (the guys who bought Volvo) with a new front, which itself was a ripoff of the Daihatsu Charade.

Glorious Harmony Car:

Wacky Racers lives on!

razorscooter
Nov 5, 2008

This is the Iris Viseo, a vehicle designed to be used by the world's dorkiest mall cops.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Speaking of malls. Spotted in the parking lot of one:

There, I fixed it!

Owner apparently lives in it and hates being cold because the interior was lined with thermal blankets too.

Or maybe it's a mobile meth lab or something.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Soundproofing.

Did you ask him for some candy?

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

razorscooter posted:

This is the Iris Viseo, a vehicle designed to be used by the world's dorkiest mall cops.

Why does this exist? What purpose does it serve?

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.

http://jalopnik.com/50-000-will-buy-you-a-toyota-prius-that-sleeps-four-1703773020

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

......okay, that looks like a giant penis.

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Would

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

$50k buys you no suspension upgrades apparently.

Scrambles
Jul 24, 2003

I WANT IT
That prompted an elephant man joke from clarkson on top gear mk. 2 correct?

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry

88h88 posted:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/innovations/wp/2015/05/08/why-a-french-company-is-betting-this-odd-electric-vehicle-will-catch-on/

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Malls, where stupid mobility technology goes to suffer until someone finally pulls the plug.

How could anyone ever think that would do better than the Segway?

CroatianAlzheimers
Jun 15, 2009

I can't remember why I'm mad at you...

Geoj posted:

Yes, that's a Jaguar hood ornament on a PT Cruiser.

Ohio plates. Checks out.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

88h88 posted:

Pretty sure the answer is 'merica but I could be wrong. Giant parking lots + fat security guards + a fetish for pointless labour saving devices, if I had to guess.

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT

Beach Bum posted:

The thing I always liked about manual was regulating acceleration not with the throttle, but with gear choice. As in, wanna go fast, let it rev. Wanna be a bit more sedate, change gear earlier. The throttle is off/on unless cruising or in traffic or whatever. I'm a control freak, I guess :v:

This is precisely why I like manuals - I used to love revving up getting on the interstate in my old 5 speed beater years ago, was so much fun. Being able to control what gear you're in and when, versus the car choosing for you, is way, way better IMHO. Plus it helps to know how to drive manual if you ever need to drive someone else's car, like I used to when I helped my brother at his auto shop. Just makes you look like a dunce when you hop in a car, see the stick shift and go "welp, dunno how to use that, sorry"

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
Modern DCTs allow you to be in exactly the gear you want to be in with millisecond-speed gearchanges, and have the added benefit of preventing you from money-shifting (because you are not a race driver).

If it takes you more than 3 attempts to learn how to drive any stick at any point in your driving career, you took too many tries. It's really not very hard and 85% of the world's driving population has never driven anything other than standard transmission.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe
Manual transmissions are also apparently a great theft deterrent.