Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Rarity posted:

A while ago I saw a thread where the OP was LPing a whole load of Bethesda RPGs but I didn't have time to get into it then so I put it aside. Ever since I haven't been able to track that thread down. Does anyone know what I'm talking about and have the link for it?

Was he a furry? If so, you want the Lizard Wizard threads.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

FactsAreUseless posted:

You need to be watching this Super Mario World LP. Ground floor here, people.

I second this. It's really funny.

Ghostwoods
May 9, 2013

Say "Cheese!"

chaos rhames posted:

Composerguy's started his Lord Of The Rings game again from the start. It's one of the most interesting old as gently caress rpgs around.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3719533&pagenumber=1#lastpost

Now that's good news!

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

How would the dog wear goggles and even more than that, who makes the goggles?

This guy is cool

He's an older guy, LPs a lot of roguelikes and older games, hes had a hard life and suffers from a lot of illnesses so it'd be cool to get him some more subscribers.

Plus he's funny and chill, and he smokes a lot of medical weed and has a series of videos called Dungeon Crawl: Stoned Soup where he plays crawl while stoned.

he won me over with his Heretic LP, I like anyone who likes Heretic.

Space Bat
Apr 17, 2009

hold it now hold it now hold it right there
you wouldn't drop, couldn't drop diddy, you wouldn't dare
Does anyone know of a Darkest Dungeon LP where the player is good at the game?

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Just your friendly neighborhood photobomb raptor.

Space Bat posted:

Until an enterprising Goon decides to LP it,nope.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

VolticSurge posted:

Until an enterprising Goon decides to LP it,nope.

Only goon LPs are guaranteed quality.

discworld is all I read
Apr 7, 2009

DAIJOUBU!! ... Daijoubu ?? ?

corn in the bible posted:

I think the larger issue is that it's currently unfinished in Early Access; so at most you can probably do a general search on youtube if someone is looking for a pointers but a legit LP won't really happen till the game is in a more complete state.

Ghostwoods
May 9, 2013

Say "Cheese!"

Space Bat posted:

The BaerTaffy LP is pretty good, actually. He's comparatively relaxed, has a good voice, and isn't totally incompetent.

Edit: Link

Ghostwoods fucked around with this message at 22:02 on May 13, 2015

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

corn in the bible posted:

Every time I see Lizard Wizard's thread on the front page my sides split.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Space Bat
Apr 17, 2009

hold it now hold it now hold it right there
you wouldn't drop, couldn't drop diddy, you wouldn't dare

Ghostwoods posted:

The BaerTaffy LP is pretty good, actually. He's comparatively relaxed, has a good voice, and isn't totally incompetent.

Edit: Link

I'll give it a look, thanks a lot.

Bacter
Jan 27, 2012

Nie wywoluj wilka z lasu, glupku.
In honor of Let's Play Day!!!!!

I'd like to remark that every one of those choices sounds as fun as scraping my eyeballs along some rusted iron, and instead recommend Negatron00's LP of Lifeless Planet.

It's amazingly atmospheric for the graphics, the sound design is excellent, and the subtitling is well done. The added bonus is that he isn't screaming about jungling, or that Bonky the Bonkers Bear is chewing his head off, or whatever else in goodness knows those KIDS are up to these days.

PFEFH

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
are there any lpers who have a fairly dry and laconic sense of humor but aren't super cynical/sarcastic

Ghostwoods
May 9, 2013

Say "Cheese!"

Tollymain posted:

are there any lpers who have a fairly dry and laconic sense of humor but aren't super cynical/sarcastic

Supergreatfriend, Geop, and CannibalK9 all leapt immediately to mind but, uh, most SA LPers are pretty good.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

steinrokkan posted:

Every time I see Lizard Wizard's thread on the front page my sides split.

I don't get this, how is saying that I find an LP thread humorous "hostile"? I thought humour was what people were aiming for.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
I mean, people have been asking for dry humorous LP, and Lizard Wizard fills the bill of being a dry humorous LP author.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

steinrokkan posted:

I mean, people have been asking for dry humorous LP, and Lizard Wizard fills the bill of being a dry humorous LP author.

Then maybe try phrasing it a little clearer so it doesn't look like you find the idea itself of a certain poster's threads actually being replied to contemptuously funny.

discworld is all I read
Apr 7, 2009

DAIJOUBU!! ... Daijoubu ?? ?

nine-gear crow posted:

Then maybe try phrasing it a little clearer so it doesn't look like you find the idea itself of a certain poster's threads actually being replied to contemptuously funny.
Also his response was in relation to someone asking for a Darkest Dungeon LP and yeah, it doesn't matter. Clearly stein was just making GBS threads on lizard.

discworld is all I read fucked around with this message at 00:41 on May 15, 2015

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

nine-gear crow posted:

Sounds like you are against the idea of satire, while Lizard Wizard is obviously a satirical poster. I'm not asking for an apology, but i feel sort of annoyed to be probated for interpreting the LP line-up.

steinrokkan fucked around with this message at 00:50 on May 15, 2015

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

I've looked around a bit but I'm looking for a decently skilled or tedium/mistakes edited LP of GTA4 and primarily the Episodes DLC. Both a serious and a funny style work for me, as long as it isn't youtube screeching/wacky.
If that doesn't exist I'll take a decent DMC4 LP (Accountingnightmare :argh::v:) or something just ridiculous in the style of the Blood on the Sand LP.

Nidoking
Jan 27, 2009

I fought the lava, and the lava won.

steinrokkan posted:

Sounds like you are against the idea of satire, while Lizard Wizard is obviously a satirical poster. I'm not asking for an apology, but i feel sort of annoyed to be probated for interpreting the LP line-up.

You probably should have E-mailed Fedule, then.

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

Normally I don't make aesthetic criticisms in other peoples' homes, but that rug looks like a beaver exploded. If meat is murder, then that rug is at least a severe beating.

I know this is a little late to the mark but this is one LP I'd recommend. Despite it being his first LP it didn't seem like so, it really was an enjoyable watch and despite it being a 'horror' game with jump scares and pressure moments he's pretty chill throughout it all.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Nidoking posted:

You probably should have E-mailed Fedule, then.

Who the gently caress is Fedule, I must ensure that my outrage is directed towards admins and other important people, not some random posters I've never even encountered.

VVVVV
That may seem reasonable to you, but in my madness I'm no longer bound by any man's rationality. Like an animal I thirst for one thing, and one thing only - an explicit verdict that tedious furries are the cornerstone of this subforum.

Bacter
Jan 27, 2012

I think it's really important that we not have to read anything else about how mad you are about getting probated. I think we can all come together and agree on that core tenant.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

steinrokkan posted:

Who the gently caress is Fedule, I must ensure that my outrage is directed towards admins and other important people, not some random posters I've never even encountered.

VVVVV
That may seem reasonable to you, but in my madness I'm no longer bound by any man's rationality. Like an animal I thirst for one thing, and one thing only - an explicit verdict that tedious furries are the cornerstone of this subforum.

Fedule's the mod listed in your rap sheet, dude. Complain to him, not us.

On a more on-topic note, I'm greatly enjoying Coolguye and co's LP of Majesty - are there any other LPs where a group of LPers pass around a savegame while playing it? I know there aren't many games like Majesty out there, but I'm looking for anything similar in the style of LPers commentating on how each other plays the game differently while showing off the game. (And not Dwarf Fortress, I know about the Dwarf Fortress LPs)

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

StrixNebulosa posted:

On a more on-topic note, I'm greatly enjoying Coolguye and co's LP of Majesty - are there any other LPs where a group of LPers pass around a savegame while playing it? I know there aren't many games like Majesty out there, but I'm looking for anything similar in the style of LPers commentating on how each other plays the game differently while showing off the game. (And not Dwarf Fortress, I know about the Dwarf Fortress LPs)
I hope I'm not breaking the rules too badly to point out that we're essentially reprising the same trick we pulled in Fall of Cybertron on Majesty.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

Coolguye posted:

I hope I'm not breaking the rules too badly to point out that we're essentially reprising the same trick we pulled in Fall of Cybertron on Majesty.

I'm not about to complain, I like your guy's style. This is also a good excuse to check out something Transformers-related for the first time. Thanks! :munch:

edit: Oh hey, you have the prequel in the archives, I'll go watch that first!

StrixNebulosa fucked around with this message at 05:23 on May 16, 2015

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

2020 is the year of linux on the desktop, bro
Fun Shoe

steinrokkan posted:

VVVVV

Your posting is, like, really bad, dude. And that's coming from me.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

StrixNebulosa posted:

Fedule's the mod listed in your rap sheet, dude. Complain to him, not us.

Don't think this LP has the various LPers comment on each others' commentary styles, but there's a SSLP of Live a Live where different LPers do each chapter.

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

"If I lose I will set myself on fire."

Zedd posted:

I'll take a decent DMC4 LP (Accountingnightmare :argh::v:)

Well, look at what just got posted earlier today, buddy!
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3720448

I would also like to recommend Accounting Nightmare's restarted DMC4 LP I just linked.
I missed the first thread when it was active and didn't want to watch an LP that probably wouldn't get finished, ever. But hey, apparently it's gonna be finished now and the first two episodes reminded me of how great the game is.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Suspicious Dish posted:

Your posting is, like, really bad, dude. And that's coming from me.

hows my posting? call 18009999

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

StrixNebulosa posted:

I'm not about to complain, I like your guy's style. This is also a good excuse to check out something Transformers-related for the first time. Thanks! :munch:

edit: Oh hey, you have the prequel in the archives, I'll go watch that first!

I'm nowhere near as proud of War as I am of Fall. War was our first LP and it shows, particularly in my own commentary being a jumpy, slightly neurotic gently caress.

That said, there were some absolutely magical moments that came out of that one so hope you enjoy it! :)

I do need to bug Baldurk about getting the last, like, 3 LPs of ours up on the archive though, now that you mention it.

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.

IGgy IGsen posted:

I would also like to recommend Accounting Nightmare's restarted DMC4 LP I just linked.
I missed the first thread when it was active and didn't want to watch an LP that probably wouldn't get finished, ever. But hey, apparently it's gonna be finished now and the first two episodes reminded me of how great the game is.

Oh, gently caress yes. I watched the first three off the archive and followed the thread for the 4th. Was sad to see it abandoned, but excited to see it back.

Absolutely seconding this recommendation, AN absolutely rips these games apart. If you enjoyed the skilled LPs of Bayonetta and Revengeance, definitely give this and her previous 3 LPs a watch.

Vapor Moon
Feb 24, 2010

Neato!
The Human Font

Onean posted:

Oh, gently caress yes. I watched the first three off the archive and followed the thread for the 4th. Was sad to see it abandoned, but excited to see it back.

Absolutely seconding this recommendation, AN absolutely rips these games apart. If you enjoyed the skilled LPs of Bayonetta and Revengeance, definitely give this and her previous 3 LPs a watch.

First game is in 360p. drat you to hell 2007!
:argh:

toddy.
Jun 15, 2010

~she is my wife~
Pretty sure that's a war scar from the ol' Google Video days.

nexus6
Sep 2, 2011

If only you could see what I've seen with your eyes
Any recommendations on a spyro the dragon LP? Looks like justafriend only played the 2nd and 3rd game and the sum gai one on the archive looks like it was recorded on a Nokia.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

IGgy IGsen posted:

Excellent news, and that is some timing. :v:

Nilbog Resident
Dec 23, 2005

X Y v ^
Can anyone me recommend a good VLP that manages to both stay in character and also be very informative with game mechanics and strategy?

I've had an idea knocking around my head for awhile but I question whether or not it's feasible (or possible to accomplish without seeming too contrived) and could use a point of reference or two.

Bacter
Jan 27, 2012

Unrelated, sorry:

Hey, you. Go watch Ivantod's Resonance.

It's a good game, it's got the Bastion narrator in it, and i.t. is doing a fine job presenting it without getting in the way. You want to see this LP!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

Speaking of Bacter, go watch his Lone Survivor LP. It's a great little 2D horror game with a weird mixture of Silent Hill and the Sims, where you need to survive the zombie disease apocalypse while also making sure to take care of your basic needs, like sleep and hunger, He's doing a great job of adding narrative humor without being overbearing, and points out why the self-care is an important aspect of the game.