Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Comte de Saint-Germain
Mar 26, 2001

Snouk but and snouk ben,
I find the smell of an earthly man,
Be he living, or be he dead,
His heart this night shall kitchen my bread.
Well, also a lot of the stuff that's being shown as "downgrade" simply isn't changed at all. I saw one image the other day bitching about how we're using fog to cut down the draw distance... except we don't, the reason there is fog in some shots and not in others is because we have a weather system.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Szurumbur
Feb 17, 2011

Slashrat posted:

Triss supposedly used to have severe burn wounds across most of her body as well.

In the books, Triss' burn marks across the chest were impossible to remove even with magic, which is why she would wear modest dresses with no cleavage - which does not mesh at all with the games and I was very surprised seeing her dress in Witcher 1

Comte de Saint-Germain
Mar 26, 2001

Snouk but and snouk ben,

Szurumbur posted:

In the books, Triss' burn marks across the chest were impossible to remove even with magic, which is why she would wear modest dresses with no cleavage - which does not mesh at all with the games and I was very surprised seeing her dress in Witcher 1

She leveled up.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Heliosicle posted:

I'm worried, I replayed through the ending of TW2 to get everything how I want but realised that my Blue Stripes tattoo isn't on Geralts neck :ohdear:

Can't remember if I got it removed on that playthrough, is there somewhere in the quest log that would say?

The sad part about the import questions for PS4 will be if they ask if I got a sick tat, and I will have to answer no because I didn't know I could at the time. And also trying to remember what the hell I did beyond the big stuff.

I never did get around to replaying 1 and 2. They're just so big!

Szurumbur
Feb 17, 2011

She's allergic to magic, she couldn't even magic away upset stomach - it's a silly thing, but I thought it was an interesting part of her character, and also it made Nilfgarrdian sorceresses' looks of approval for her dresses darkly ironic.

Oh well, books and games have slightly different canon and life goes on.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Comte, I've no idea if you have any sway at all with Galaxy, and I'll be damned if I go onto a forum to report it, but there needs to be an option to install to drives other than what Galaxy is currently installed to. Just wasted 2..1 gig of download for the month before running out of hard drive space because it auto-targetted the install to the C:.

Badly Jester
Apr 9, 2010

Bitches!

Comte de Saint-Germain posted:

Well, also a lot of the stuff that's being shown as "downgrade" simply isn't changed at all. I saw one image the other day bitching about how we're using fog to cut down the draw distance... except we don't, the reason there is fog in some shots and not in others is because we have a weather system.

I don't think participants in shitstorms like this are particulary good at applying Ockham's razor, or logical thinking in general.

Badly Jester fucked around with this message at 13:51 on May 12, 2015

Elukka
Feb 18, 2011

For All Mankind

Szurumbur posted:

Are you sure? That's not necessarily how I read it. She has trauma from the battle, specifically looking down and seeing her wounds. She says there's almost nothing physically remaining from of them. One way to interpret it is that she can't wear a deeply cut dress because it would remind her.

turtlecrunch
May 14, 2013

Hesitation is defeat.

Drifter posted:

Sile's a scheming bitch, working with Letho :mad:. They were so nice to me earlier. :sigh:

One thing I have learned from Witcher games is everyone is horrible and no one can be trusted and you shouldn't even try to assume that anyone is just being nice for any normal reason. I guess Saskia is okay.

Orv
May 4, 2011
The steel justice for everyone. :black101:

Szurumbur
Feb 17, 2011

Elukka posted:

Are you sure? That's not necessarily how I read it. She has trauma from the battle, specifically looking down and seeing her wounds. She says there's almost nothing physically remaining from of them. One way to interpret it is that she can't wear a deeply cut dress because it would remind her.

Hmm, I never thought of the partial removal, to be honest.I interpreted her saying that they spared no expense for the heroes of Sodden as admission that the recovery did not work, though I was always intrigued just why the chest area would be where the scarring was concentrated. I am fairly sure that the marks remain, and the books never describe her chest from someone seeing her, I don't think. Still, it's been a while since I've read the books and I can very well be wrong. Maybe what remains is small, but I do think the scars - however small or smaller compared to the original scarring - remain and are obviously visible.

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012

Szurumbur posted:

She's allergic to magic, she couldn't even magic away upset stomach - it's a silly thing, but I thought it was an interesting part of her character, and also it made Nilfgarrdian sorceresses' looks of approval for her dresses darkly ironic.

Oh well, books and games have slightly different canon and life goes on.

She's allergic to magical potions, she can heal herself with magic just fine. She couldn't magic herself back to health because she was too sick to properly concentrate.

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

I hope this game comes out and it's actually revealed that it is a 16bit rpg. (good article though)

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Well I got my new PC built last night and I don't know why I forgot upgrading my motherboard would mean I'd need to reinstall my OS. Anyone know what it means when you try to load it up and in the boot process a blue screen pops up for half a second and then the computer restarts itself? It's probably not good I can only assume.

Ragingsheep
Nov 7, 2009

tithin posted:

Comte, I've no idea if you have any sway at all with Galaxy, and I'll be damned if I go onto a forum to report it, but there needs to be an option to install to drives other than what Galaxy is currently installed to. Just wasted 2..1 gig of download for the month before running out of hard drive space because it auto-targetted the install to the C:.

There is.

http://imgur.com/ydjAJo5

Edit: are the reviews coming out soon all done on the PS4? I've heard that was the only version complete when review copies were sent out.

Ragingsheep fucked around with this message at 14:56 on May 12, 2015

ColonelJohnMatrix
Jun 24, 2006

Because all fucking hell is going to break loose

So I guess the review embargo is lifted in about 5 minutes (7am pacific). I'm excited to check out the incoming info dump.

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx
10/10 Gamespot.

(For reference, I think they've given out less than ten 10's in their long history)

Corin Tucker's Stalker
May 27, 2001

One bullet. One gun. Six Chambers. These are my friends.

Ragingsheep posted:

Edit: are the reviews coming out soon all done on the PS4? I've heard that was the only version complete when review copies were sent out.
Yup. It's possible they sent out Xbox One copies as well but I hadn't heard anything about it, just that 20 or so outlets with debug PS4s were the only ones definitely playing it.

Corin Tucker's Stalker fucked around with this message at 15:07 on May 12, 2015

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx
IGN 9.3
Gameinformer 9.75
GameTrailers 9.8

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005
Looks like you guys nailed it ,congrats, Comte :)

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
Congrats Comte et al., looks like you made something special.

Aphex-
Jan 29, 2006

Dinosaur Gum
My hype cannot get more intense.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich

Slate Action posted:

10/10 Gamespot.

(For reference, I think they've given out less than ten 10's in their long history)

Regardless of the guy's opinion I want to punch this person for their writing style.

Corin Tucker's Stalker
May 27, 2001

One bullet. One gun. Six Chambers. These are my friends.
Kotaku doesn't do scores, but Kirk Hamilton (who I generally think is a pretty good reviewer) recommends the game.

Haven't read his entire review yet. He usually digs into interesting elements and explains why concepts work or don't work for him, so it should be a good read.

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx
Most common criticisms so far include an inconsistent frame rate (on the PS4, mind you)...and bugs.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
Oh my God, that facial animation is so loving good.

Orv
May 4, 2011
Woah hey, let's keep this PG-13.

ElectricWizard
Oct 21, 2008
Although it contains some light spoilers, that 9.8 Gametrailers review has me so hyped that I just want to pass out until the 19th. Jesus, this looks so good, can't wait to meet old friends again and go exploring!

turtlecrunch
May 14, 2013

Hesitation is defeat.
Luckily as a FROM Software fan I am impervious to framerate issues.

Lava Lamp Goddess
Feb 19, 2007

An open world game without bugs is like a day without a sunrise. Not that it gives them a free pass, but I think everyone goes in expecting them.

Comte de Saint-Germain
Mar 26, 2001

Snouk but and snouk ben,
woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Spiky Ooze
Oct 27, 2005

Bernie Sanders is a friend to my planet (pictured)

click the shit outta^
Glad its getting good reviews. Feels like it's been a few years since a big rear end modern RPG came out so boy am I ready.

mrfishstick
Oct 15, 2005
congrats on the seemingly stellar levels of success Comte :3:

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup

woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Congratulations :3:

Arcanen
Dec 19, 2005

woooooooooooooooooooooooo~ [edited to unbreak tables]

You guys got a 10 from gamespot! Pretty good press given how notoriously stingy they've been with high review scores in the last 5-6 years. One of only a handful of games to get a 10, and some of those other 10s are from when 9-9.5 from fairly common (no longer the case).

Arcanen fucked around with this message at 15:46 on May 12, 2015

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

Spiky Ooze posted:

Glad its getting good reviews. Feels like it's been a few years since a big rear end modern RPG came out so boy am I ready.

Dragon Age: Inquisition? Its got quite a few rough edges but its a solid 8.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

I'm going to assume they didn't make the pc version worse on purpose. The footage from 2013 still looks way better than what we will be getting in the end. I know the realities of game development and how it's a moving target but that is still a lovely thing to have happen.

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

Really happy your product turned out so well. I'm so loving hyped.

Lava Lamp Goddess
Feb 19, 2007

Congrats man! Get totally wasted with the rest of the team in celebration!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

turtlecrunch
May 14, 2013

Hesitation is defeat.

grat :mmmhmm:

• Locked thread