Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Popehoist posted:

Is spec ops still active?

spec ops last active sometime last decade.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Pangloss
Apr 5, 2014
Ask me about metaphysico-theologo-cosmolo-nigology. I'm here to help!

Glory of Arioch posted:

Memphis BBQ on Warm Springs. Get the ribs.

Watch out for the flying bullets...

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

ranbo das posted:

You've clearly never been to Boston if you think only New Orleans does good seafood.

How did you know?!?!?

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

orange juche posted:

Yeah I guess you're right. You can definitely find good seafood there, but I guess it won't be up to the quality level of New Orleans, unless there's a transplant from New Orleans running a seafood restaurant there. :smith:

I mean I don't need perfection I just need good seafood.

Zasze
Apr 29, 2009

Viva Miriya posted:

I need to find a good BBQ place in NYC. Also a seafood place, if that's even possible. Pretty sure no one knows how to make good seafood outside New Orleans! I'd love to be wrong though.

Dinosaur bbq in harlem is pretty drat good

Be warned I've always had to wait an hour plus for a table it's always packed out.

Zasze fucked around with this message at 14:36 on May 12, 2015

ApocalypseMeow
Mar 4, 2008

I love the smell of Catnip in the morning....Smells like Victory.

Glory of Arioch posted:

Memphis BBQ on Warm Springs. Get the ribs.

Dr. Pangloss posted:

Watch out for the flying bullets...

Sold!

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

This is what meat is supposed to be like, dingus
I thought New Orleans was a post apocalyptic wasteland roamed by stoners and poor people. How are they serving food?

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Zephyrine posted:

I thought New Orleans was a post apocalyptic wasteland roamed by stoners and poor people. How are they serving food?

They had popcorn in A Boy and his Dog. You can have some finery in a post apocalyptic wasteland.

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

ranbo das posted:

You've clearly never been to Boston if you think only New Orleans does good seafood.
Have you ever even been to New Orleans?

Boston is very nice, I like Boston. You can find very good seafood in Boston. You can't find bad seafood in New Orleans.

Zephyrine posted:

Because poor people make the best food, it is a known universal truth. New Orleans is what happens when you take 4 different groups of poor people (poor french cajun exiles, poor africian-by-way-of-caribbean creoles, poor spanish colonial isleños, and poor african slaves) and put them in a swamp for 200 years.

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY
Dallas BBQ in Washington Heights is also great (and they deliver!)

They have Chelsea and Harlem locations too.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Zephyrine posted:

A former coworker of mine has a smoke house and when he does some in there I sneak in some vegetables for the pickling. In the end it gives the eggs a hint if bacon.

Nice. We used to do a lot of meat processing, packaging, smoking, etc out at the farm. A good day of drinking, playing euchre, and just shooting the poo poo. We have a smoked pepperjack and sausage recipe I have been eating since forever, and I can't think of anything else I'd rather snack on consistently.

Went and watched the hole squad videos again, those things are pretty good, and definitely good for a laugh. I may need to train up an alt for hole shenanigans now.

Sub Rosa
Jun 9, 2010

Kesper North posted:

Y'all seem to have totally forgotten sous vide with a circulator as an option.

King of low and slow! Yum 72 hour short ribs.

Zasze
Apr 29, 2009

Kesper North posted:

I had this once and it was pretty drat good.

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Kesper North posted:

I've seen Dallas BBQ when I'm going to the VA so yeah I was wondering if that was any good. I'll check it out.

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

This is what meat is supposed to be like, dingus

PathAsc posted:

Nice. We used to do a lot of meat processing, packaging, smoking, etc out at the farm. A good day of drinking, playing euchre, and just shooting the poo poo. We have a smoked pepperjack and sausage recipe I have been eating since forever, and I can't think of anything else I'd rather snack on consistently.

Went and watched the hole squad videos again, those things are pretty good, and definitely good for a laugh. I may need to train up an alt for hole shenanigans now.

The problem with making pickled eggs that taste great is that people will eat them all up before before they get pickled enough for connoisseurs to eat them in order to "show off".

Pickle eggs are supposed to be sitting on the fence between good-bad flavouring.

Bad enough that you never want to eat two in a row but good enough that once you forgot how they taste; you go for another one and you still manage to finish the whole thing.

Zephyrine fucked around with this message at 15:54 on May 12, 2015

Siets
Sep 19, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
So when does this thread go full-circle and move on to gunchat?

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Siets posted:

When digi gets in here with his home-defense chat. (don't summon digi to the thread please)

Major Spag
Nov 4, 2012
Big ol' :negative: on the boiling meat bit.

Having said that, I have a vertical smoker I got for Xmas from my brother. Any meat short of a roast get the smoke. 321 method is good but my smoker tends to run too hot for the slow approach.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Major Spag posted:

Big ol' :negative: on the boiling meat bit.

Having said that, I have a vertical smoker I got for Xmas from my brother. Any meat short of a roast get the smoke. 321 method is good but my smoker tends to run too hot for the slow approach.

I don't know if I could use a vertical smoker, it just doesn't seem as easy as a smoker with a separate firebox. Is there any problems with heat variation causing any over/under-doneness to the meat?

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

Zephyrine posted:

The problem with making pickled eggs that taste great is that people will eat them all up before before they get pickled enough for connoisseurs to eat them in order to "show off".

Pickle eggs are supposed to be sitting on the fence between good-bad flavouring.

Bad enough that you never want to eat two in a row but good enough that once you forgot how they taste; you go for another one and you still manage to finish the whole thing.

So it's a bit like making tea eggs. The more they look really gross and ruined, the closer they are to perfection?

Major Spag
Nov 4, 2012

orange juche posted:

I don't know if I could use a vertical smoker, it just doesn't seem as easy as a smoker with a separate firebox. Is there any problems with heat variation causing any over/under-doneness to the meat?

It depends on the chips but it definitely works different than indirect smokers.

I have different sets of chips and some require a higher temp than others. Once I get a good smoke going, it doesn't take much temperature to keep going. 200 is what I try to stay with. covering the meat in tin foil for part of it makes the food nice and juicy and traps some of the juice so I can make a braise.

For the chips that require a higher temperature (mesquite and the like) I make sure to put meat on the top rack and lower the duration a bit. 2-1-1 (2 hours uncovered, 1 hour covered, 1 hour uncovered/braised) usually does it for me.

However indirect smokers are best because then you can get nice pink meat as well as a good smoke since you can keep the temp down below 200.

Jon Von Anchovi
Sep 5, 2014

:australia:

PathAsc posted:

Do it. Especially if youre AU TZ!

Kiryen
Feb 25, 2015

I said come in! posted:

Nah, it's really overrated. It's not bad, it's still better then any other MMO, but the bar is set at the bottom of the pacific ocean so this isn't really an achievement.

Sadly, no mmo developer has yet solved tbe problem of the playerbase mostly being shitlords.

grumplestiltzkin
Jun 7, 2012

Ass, gas, or grass. No one rides for free.

Siets posted:

I like guns and think shooting them is fun. I also think that America's total lack of reasonable gun control measures is staggeringly stupid.

Lets burn this thread to the loving ground:unsmigghh:

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

gently caress your meat chat, have some eve chat

http://community.eveonline.com/news/dev-blogs/shake-my-citadel/

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

:v:

evepost posted:

They will offer more advanced functionality over medium-sized Citadels, mainly in the form of area of effect (AoE) defenses

:stare:

evepost posted:

X-Large sized Citadel structures will [...] allow capital ships to be docked (even maybe supercapitals--to be discussed).

:stonk:

Dr. Pangloss
Apr 5, 2014
Ask me about metaphysico-theologo-cosmolo-nigology. I'm here to help!

It's hard to tell if the table at the bottom is correct or the text. According to the text, neuts won't be available for mediums, but they are listed in the table. Here's hoping that the table is correct, since my assumption is that medium citadels are supposed to be the replacement for POSes.

Sounds very interesting. Will be nice to know what the limitations are going to be for deploying the larger structures. I'm looking forward to seeing the first indy corp to build an XL citadel in a C3 wormhole.

Deofuta
Jul 7, 2013

The Corps is Mother
The Corps is Father
Now we can quote some episode VI while watching MoA hotdroppers being blapped by a fully armed and operational Mittanigrad death star laser cannon.

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

I think the ideal solution is to let alliances drop a sov structure that can hold 5 supers or one titan. Give the structure a POS shield and a jump clone slot.

This way supers are no longer coffins if you have the resources to berth it properly.

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

oh I forgot a bit

blogblog posted:

Structure Doomsday Weapon

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

It gets better at the bottom, X-Large Citadels will be able to fit a Doomsday weapon, possibly one that can even bounce between targets to compensate for it being a static, fixed weapon.

E: Beaten as gently caress.

orange juche fucked around with this message at 17:08 on May 12, 2015

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

I'm literally sitting at my desk at work masturbating furiously right now.

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

RIP the first boatfleet thats encounters one of these.

Fox_bat
Mar 6, 2010
If even half the poo poo in that dev blog comes to fruition it appears we will be able to extract immense amounts of tears. It will also probably be horribly broken in some way because that is their modus operandi.

mpaarating
May 6, 2011

The Baddest Boi

Viva Miriya posted:

RIP the first all boatfleet thats encounters one of these.

fixed.

Enemu
May 31, 2014
Just being able to dock at a structure that I assume will be anchorable in WH space is excellent. I also actually like not having caps able to dock at M/L Citadels, as it forces you to at least make an attempt to hide your caps in a hole.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

So we're losing the first Titan to a yurt with a doomsday on it right?

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

The boatman is the king of killing structures so thats why only the first fleet will get owned.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

That structure blog is :vince: I will totally buy a super if they let them dock.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kirs
Dec 5, 2014

Apart from drinking, there is absolutely nothing to do here.

:psydwarf:

• Locked thread