Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
I might actually support a gaudy, faux-marble faced wall along the Mexican border emblazoned with letters so big that you can read TRUMP from Mexico City.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Mitt!

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

Cognac McCarthy posted:

Butt is an rear end in a top hat, unfortunately you can't not give him money if you live in the Austin area and want to, you know, have food in your house. It's like TurboTax every April.

You can take a little consolation in the fact that grocery is a very low margin business and that HEB is actually decently good to their employees.

Hahaha everybody at the top is trying to be all coy talking about "immigration" as a whole and then the GOP id comes out with "gently caress Mexicans!" Perry and Rubio are gonna get flayed alive because at some point in their pasts they dared to take the position of "perhaps maybe immigrants people aren't pure evil?" and no amount of going hard right is gonna stop that. What is going to happen though is their bid to out-hate each other to flank the RINO accusation is going to be very toxic to the other candidates who will be forced to say or at least not disagree with some really nasty poo poo during the primaries.

Vienna Circlejerk
Jan 28, 2003

The great science sausage party!
I'm hoping the stars will align and grant us a Trump/Fiorina ticket that will actually bend light with its concentrated irresponsibility and ego.

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

Wow, for the first time in my life I unironically want something Ann Coulter wants.

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

Don't fry me, I'm no chicken!
Hilary made a big immigration speech last week, staked out a position to the left of Obama, and the response from the GOP was crickets. They really REALLY don't want to talk about this. But their base is letting loose anyways :allears:

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

When you spend all your time dog whistling, the dogs are going to keep barking.

Michael Scott
Jan 3, 2010

by zen death robot

Does Ann Coulter always look that pencilly?

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

:911:
:wookie: :thermidor: :wookie:
:dehumanize:

:pirate::hf::tinfoil:

Michael Scott posted:

Does Ann Coulter always look that pencilly?

You mean skeletony? Yes.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
Don't near-shore companies use a lot of US workers? Why do they hate foreign job creators?

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

No matter how much paperwork I process, it never goes away. It only increases.
"I see no way where Mitt will get less than 307 EVs tonight" - Ann Coulter

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

HUGE PUBES A PLUS posted:

The first Republican primary debate will take place on August 6th at the Quicken Loans arena in Cleveland, Ohio. It will be hosted by Fox News.

I really hope they're going with the 4 hour long debate that someone suggested

TheDisreputableDog
Oct 13, 2005
Let's talk more about the looks/bodies bodies of women we don't agree with guys.

Keeping it soooo classy

Improper Umlaut
Jun 8, 2009

Vagon posted:

Before I continue: Trump is an evil, vile liar merely begging for attention with his statements.

That said, when he claimed Mexico would pay for the law, I believe he meant through the 'car tax' he mentioned beforehand. Otherwise I don't know what the gently caress.

I'm a bit out of my wheelhouse here but, doesn't this have the potential to create additional incentives for illegal immigration as manufacturers pull out of Mexico and reduce the number of available jobs. All the while driving up the cost of certain cars for American consumers?

And all for something that probably wouldn't get built anyways?

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

TheDisreputableDog posted:

Let's talk more about the looks/bodies bodies of women we don't agree with guys.

Keeping it soooo classy

I'm not saying that it's right to insult Ann Coulter for the way she looks, but this thing exists, and it wasn't created by liberals:

The left isn't devoid of misogynists, but you are HARDLY in a position to throw stones from inside that very, very fragile glass house, pal.

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

The Highest Judge of Paradise
Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

Alter Ego posted:

I'm not saying that it's right to insult Ann Coulter for the way she looks, but this thing exists, and it wasn't created by liberals:

The left isn't devoid of misogynists, but you are HARDLY in a position to throw stones from inside that very, very fragile glass house, pal.

Which in a way is kind of telling, whereas on the D side you have actual women in politics for the most part. On the right...Bo Derek?

No idea why Streisand is on there though.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Keeping it soooo classy

it is actually very relevant wrt whether or not ann coulter is literally Skeletor irl

zeroprime
Mar 25, 2006

Words go here.

Fun Shoe

I read that and as the GOP ID overrides the ego and superego all I can picture is Hattie McDoogal from Futurama (the 'kerjigger' lady) doing the ranting about immigrants.

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

zeroprime posted:

I read that and as the GOP ID overrides the ego and superego all I can picture is Hattie McDoogal from Futurama (the 'kerjigger' lady) doing the ranting about immigrants.

"Mr. Rubio, before I vote for you, I want you to come to my house and snuggle my cats."

Now I want to cast the entire GOP primary field as characters from Futurama.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Dolash posted:

He'd probably tell Iraq and Afghanistan they have to start paying taxes, too, as payback for all the work America did liberating them.

I'm pretty sure this was a plank of his when he was pretending to run in 2012.

e: oh no it was CPAC two years ago

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company

Alter Ego posted:

"Mr. Rubio, before I vote for you, I want you to come to my house and snuggle my cats."

Now I want to cast the entire GOP primary field as characters from Futurama.

"yooge news, everybody!"

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Coulter is a professional troll and I dislike everything involving her, but she is definitely a target for misogyny and the way that people criticize her is pretty telling.

Like, she is an absolute monster who almost literally cannot open her mouth without spewing hateful, bigoted filth, but you can't have one discussion about her without somebody bringing up her appearance or saying things that are even more disgusting.

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

DivineCoffeeBinge posted:

"yooge news, everybody!"

Fry: Scott Walker
Bender: Rand Paul
Leela: Carly Fiorina
Professor Hubert Farnsworth: Donald Trump

Michael Scott
Jan 3, 2010

by zen death robot

Bicyclops posted:

Coulter is a professional troll and I dislike everything involving her, but she is definitely a target for misogyny and the way that people criticize her is pretty telling.

Like, she is an absolute monster who almost literally cannot open her mouth without spewing hateful, bigoted filth, but you can't have one discussion about her without somebody bringing up her appearance or saying things that are even more disgusting.

Holy crap is it that hard for you guys to get it through your thick kneejerk skulls that discussing someone's appearance, man or woman, has been a part of criticism since time immemorial? It has nothing to do with gender or misogyny and reacting to every discussion that way is super annoying and makes people complain about liberals. I'm not saying her appearance is important or anyone's appearance should be considered in a similar way as their actions or ideas but it is a part of who she is just as anyone's appearance is a part of who they are.

TheDisreputableDog
Oct 13, 2005

Alter Ego posted:

Is your point that republicans aren't allowed to call out casual misogyny, that misogyny is okay if the target is a republican, or you're accusing me personally of making that infographic - I can't quite sort it out.

TheDisreputableDog
Oct 13, 2005

Michael Scott posted:

Holy crap is it that hard for you guys to get it through your thick kneejerk skulls that discussing someone's appearance, man or woman, has been a part of criticism since time immemorial? It has nothing to do with gender or misogyny and reacting to every discussion that way is super annoying and makes people complain about liberals. I'm not saying her appearance is important or anyone's appearance should be considered in a similar way as their actions or ideas but it is a part of who she is just as anyone's appearance is a part of who they are.

Yeah guys, look at all the examples in this thread where male pols and pundits are called out for being too skinny...

Lustful Man Hugs
Jul 18, 2010

Dolash posted:

I mean, getting Mexico to pay for a border wall, that's gold. He'd probably tell Iraq and Afghanistan they have to start paying taxes, too, as payback for all the work America did liberating them.

I believe Bachmann literally suggested this during a debate last primary.

TheDisreputableDog
Oct 13, 2005
Oh wait, there was some Christie fat-shaming earlier, so it's not gender based.

I wonder what the commonality could be... it is a mystery!

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Michael Scott posted:

It is considerably more common when it comes to women than it is for men, and there is a difference between "Mitt Romney looks like a goddamn robot" and "Coulter is too thin."

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Yeah guys, look at all the examples in this thread where male pols and pundits are called out for being too skinny...

I get your point in general, but Ann Coulter is such a vile human being that I can't help but smile at every insult thrown her way, however regressive the mindset behind the insult.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:
Jeb Bush has a great team lined up for dealing with the Middle East once he becomes president:

http://www.occupydemocrats.com/jeb-bush-names-george-w-bush-as-his-most-trusted-middle-east-adviser/

TheDisreputableDog
Oct 13, 2005
So some women deserve it.

Okay.

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Lustful Man Hugs posted:

I believe Bachmann literally suggested this during a debate last primary.

She absolutely did.

Sky Admiral Bachmann posted:

It’s over 800 billion dollars that we have expended [in Iraq]. I believe that Iraq should pay us back for the money that we spent, and I believe that Iraq should pay the families that lost a loved one several million dollars per life, I think at minimum.

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

Alter Ego posted:

That's not a fair comparison: Leela is a competent businessperson who cares about her coworkers and employees (except Zoidberg).

Fiorina is That Guy, minus the Boneitis. The real question is who is Hedonism-bot?

I Dont Like You
Jul 6, 2003

To be fair, seems like a fair amount of them lean to the "hefty" side. ;)

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

But... this is a poo poo example because of Governor Rick "Voldemort" Scott.

SirKibbles
Feb 27, 2011

I didn't like your old red text so here's some dancing cash. :10bux:

Shifty Pony posted:

That's not a fair comparison: Leela is a competent businessperson who cares about her coworkers and employees (except Zoidberg).

Fiorina is That Guy, minus the Boneitis. The real question is who is Hedonism-bot?

Chris Christie obviously.

bravesword
Apr 13, 2012

Silent Protagonist

Alter Ego posted:

Trump is clearly Abner Doubledeal.

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

:aaa:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

Shifty Pony posted:

The revelations about his eating habits that just came out clearly make Christie Hedonism-bot.

Fiorina's clearly Mom if she's not Leela. Zoidberg has to be Jeb Bush. No one likes him, but he's just there.

And if you say Ben Carson isn't Preacherbot I will fight you.

So some women deserve it.

Okay.

I eagerly look forward to you rushing to Hillary's defense when the GOP sexism cannons open up on her with both barrels.

Fritz Coldcockin fucked around with this message at 18:00 on May 12, 2015

• Locked thread