Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Riso
Oct 11, 2008

by merry exmarx
I can't wait to see how (badly) the game runs on my Radeon 6850.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Prawned
Oct 25, 2010

Riso posted:

The Witcher 3 Picturebook

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

Riso posted:

I bought a 6850 when Witcher 2 crashed my original card (a HD 4000 series I think I can't remember exactly). I bought a 970 originally because Assassin's Creed 5 was unplayable for me on my 6850, but it was really in anticipation of this game.

Apparently Crisis has never been my benchmark - it's been the Witcher games.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

Wait how the hell can you get the game from gog for 32 dollars. They are charging me 50 and and Steam is 47.

GrossMurpel
Apr 8, 2011
Has any reviewer mentioned the skill tree balance? The Signs tree looked pretty underhwelming IIRC.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

cheesetriangles posted:

Wait how the hell can you get the game from gog for 32 dollars. They are charging me 50 and and Steam is 47.

Do you own Witcher 1 and 2? Owning those should give you a sizeable discount.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

cheesetriangles posted:

Nuuvem is selling GOG keys for around ~$29. They are a legit site.

CVagts
Oct 19, 2009
So when should I expect to get the GMG $38 code I bought, if at all? Wanna preload this ASAP.

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

CVagts posted:

So when should I expect to get the GMG $38 code I bought, if at all? Wanna preload this ASAP.

GMG tends to hand out keys closer to release IIRC

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

CVagts posted:

Day of release, usually. I don't think they give keys out early normally.

beer_war
Mar 10, 2005

GrossMurpel posted:

Has any reviewer mentioned the skill tree balance? The Signs tree looked pretty underhwelming IIRC.

Michael Graf did for German magazine GameStar / GamePro.

Like you said, most skills are pretty ho-hum +5% to armor / sword damage / sign damage etc, exciting skills that actually change the way you play are few and far between.

Still, they handed out a 92 for the PS4 version

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

Andrast posted:

I gave my free Witcher 1 copy on GOG to my friend and then he never played the game. I own Witcher 1 and 2 on steam. Also witcher 2 on GoG. I bought 3 copies of that game at full price.

GrossMurpel
Apr 8, 2011

beer_war posted:

Michael Graf did for German magazine GameStar / GamePro.

Like you said, most skills are pretty ho-hum +5% to armor / sword damage / sign damage etc, exciting skills that actually change the way you play are few and far between.

Still, they handed out a 92 for the PS4 version

Good reminder, their reviews are usually pretty good.

Riso
Oct 11, 2008

by merry exmarx
^^ Ja, Germans take everything seriously.

beer_war posted:

These type of skills are really pretty boring. Unlock some tangential benefit instead.
There was some game that did that. What was its name again? Oh right, Alpha Protocol.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat
That's disappointing to hear that those skill levelups are lovely extra damage +% stuff most of the time. Too bad. Those are literally the worst, most boring types of skills. Very poor design.

In general. Not singling out Witcher 3 or anything. Pillars of Eternity did this too. Hell, most games do it. :mad:

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

Alpha Protocol should hang in the Louvre.

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

cheesetriangles posted:

I gave my free Witcher 1 copy on GOG to my friend and then he never played the game. I own Witcher 1 and 2 on steam. Also witcher 2 on GoG. I bought 3 copies of that game at full price.

You know you can use gog as a backup for your steam copies, right?
https://www.gog.com/witcher/backup

which then applies the loyalty discount to Witcher 3

Lord Lambeth fucked around with this message at 17:44 on May 12, 2015

GrossMurpel
Apr 8, 2011

Riso posted:

^^ Ja, Germans take everything seriously.

These type of skills are really pretty boring. Unlock some tangential benefit instead.
There was some game that did that. What was its name again? Oh right, Alpha Protocol.

:tinfoil: Comte personally makes sure to downgrade all the leveling systems he works on!
That's also a very harsh way to look at it, considering each point in a skill in AP gave you some ability, even if sometimes those were "faster reload time".

beer_war
Mar 10, 2005

Accordion Man posted:

Nuuvem is selling GOG keys for around ~$29. They are a legit site.

That's only for South America, though.

And yes, I am perfectly aware I could use a VPN.

Riso
Oct 11, 2008

by merry exmarx

cheesetriangles posted:

Alpha Protocol should hang in the Louvre.

Not for gameplay, that sucked.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

Lord Lambeth posted:

That's what I said. I gave my free backup copy to a friend and then he never played the game.

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

Riso posted:

The dialogue is part of the gameplay. :colbert:

GrossMurpel
Apr 8, 2011

Riso posted:

I guess it's down to taste with how easy some builds make the game, but I enjoyed stealthing while giving everyone silenced pistol headshots from cover or beating up everyone.

Badly Jester
Apr 9, 2010

Bitches!

Lord Lambeth posted:

I have no idea how one cpu is better than another. Does a higher number mean it's better? I have a i5-4590 and it's the only thing holding me back from hitting the minimum requirements, according to system requirements lab.

Is this the same website that tells you to download new CPU drivers? Because if so, you can safely disregard most of the information on there.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Lord Lambeth posted:

This doesn't work for my Witcher 1 key. And I don't really want to go through any other hassle. I hope they let you add Witcher 3 to the GOG account if you have a steam key..

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

http://www.pcgames.de/The-Witcher-3-PC-237266/News/Bettgeschichten-des-Hexers-im-Video-die-stimmungsvollsten-Sexszenen-1158777/

:nws: Some German website made 2 minute supercut of sex scenes in Witcher 3.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

cheesetriangles posted:

:nws: Some German website made 2 minute supercut of sex scenes in Witcher 3.

wtf comte 16 hours of mocap for 2 minutes of fukin 1/10 will not buy

beer_war
Mar 10, 2005

Ahahaha, the ending to that is amazing.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011

Not watching, but I'm pretty sure you must've dropped a 0 or 5 from your number. Pretty sure even the fifteen second card animations from TW1 means that game had more sex scene time. 237 hours of mocapped fuckin' huh?

Lava Lamp Goddess
Feb 19, 2007

Of course it's a German website.

Heliosicle
May 16, 2013

Arigato, Racists.

Drifter posted:

This doesn't work for my Witcher 1 key. And I don't really want to go through any other hassle. I hope they let you add Witcher 3 to the GOG account if you have a steam key..

My Witcher 1 key didn't work either. Theres a form on the site that lets you send a proof of purchase (for steam its just a screenshot of your library with the game in it and you logged into your gog account or something), they just added the key for me then.

The Witcher 2 you put your key into gog and a day later they sent you a gog key.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

Also Gerstmann confirmed that Witcher 3 video will be done by Vinny so buckle the gently caress up.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

Andrast posted:

I own both and I'm only showing a discount for 47 dollars. Is there a greater discount somewhere else?

Debating just grabbing this (if I do, never played one beyond the first hour or so, and I never finished 2) for my PS4 since I have a ton of credit with Best Buy and my graphics card (HD6850) is starting to seriously show it's age now.

Airfoil
Sep 10, 2013

I'm a rocket man

Orv posted:

Dear nerds, this game will be unlocking worldwide at 1AM 19th GMT/4PM 18th PST/6PM 18th EST. If you live in other timelines I hope you like math.

Your math needs a little help. :)

The game unlocks at 1AM CET, which is 11PM GMT this time of year. (GMT is an hour behind CET half the year, but two hours behind when CET is observing daylight savings).

That would be 4PM PDT and 7PM EDT.

The question is, is this the unlock time for all platforms -- Xbone, PS4, Steam, and GOG?

D1Sergo
May 5, 2006

Be sure to take a 15-minute break every hour.
Its going to be hilarious to see how many people with new Nvidia video cards and a new game start filling up Youtube with lovely Let's Play videos.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner

cheesetriangles posted:

Also Gerstmann confirmed that Witcher 3 video will be done by Vinny so buckle the gently caress up.

Wasn't Vinny the Witcher fan of the group? I recall when they were doing GOTY suggestions only one of them championed Witcher 2 but still folded when no one else really spoke up about it.

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!

D1Sergo posted:

Its going to be hilarious to see how many people with new Nvidia video cards and a new game start filling up Youtube with lovely Let's Play videos.

Probably not many more than the millions of people who already think they're twitch/youtube superstars and put out hundreds of videos to their 12 subscribers.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

Keltar posted:

Wasn't Vinny the Witcher fan of the group? I recall when they were doing GOTY suggestions only one of them championed Witcher 2 but still folded when no one else really spoke up about it.

Vinny even read the books.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner

cheesetriangles posted:

Vinny even read the books.

Good man. Hopefully he'll speak up about Witcher III more this year.

Also they really need to put the books out in English, it feels like the last language to be done.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
They are in English. People say they're a dispassionate, by-the-numbers translation but I enjoyed the first book well enough.

• Locked thread