Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer
Also I like how the white AryanGallian classmen need to teach the dark-skinned foreigner about love for your fellow man.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AfroSquirrel
Sep 3, 2011

Mehuyael posted:

This was a really dumb university if they chose to make anyoneVicky an Engineer.

But clearly the ~*~battle data~*~ showed that it was her ideal class!

It's probably for the best that Japan doesn't have an offensive military anymore, though they do have these "destroyers" which are allegedly capable of launching F-35s.

The point is that Japan is either fooling no one or everyone, and I'm not sure which.

weso12
Nov 19, 2014

Lurker, Sims 3 LPer, Bored College Student

Mehuyael posted:

This was a really dumb university if they chose to make anyoneVicky an Engineer.

To be fair, if the game was remotely realistic about the damage one takes by gunfire, someone running around with a magical healstick, that can instantly heal almost any wounds taken would be amazingly useful.

I also think Engineers wouldn't be THAT bad if the game actually had maps that required you to be on the defensive or at least maps that last long enough that units took significant damage, and possibly limited the total amount of units you could deploy total.

Also has no one pointed how stupid it is that a military operation would have ANYONE use a freaking pistol. Don't get me wrong pistols have plenty of use, but it's benefits (light and easy to conceal) are completely mitigated in a war situation for anyone that would actually be in front line combat.

However that's no excuse to use someone who clearly is opposed to healing people as a role that requires specialization in healing; since no one but engineers (and that one tech class) can use the heal sticks, I imagine that using those things require some high level of training or you would just give them to everyone (or have them swap hands if they use rare material); wouldn't it make more sense to train her as a shocktrooper or something and if you MUST have another engineer perhaps training someone like um... IDK Lotte? as an engineer

weso12 fucked around with this message at 22:53 on May 10, 2015

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
If units didn't heal automatically at the start of the turn, and basically full HP every time if they're in/near a base, they might be useful. The main problem with Engineers is that they carry no grenades for whatever reason, and healing takes up a turn. Healing should be a secondary action like cleaning up mines, it's dumb in a game they purposely made ranking a speed-only thing for 3 games now.

weso12
Nov 19, 2014

Lurker, Sims 3 LPer, Bored College Student

Tae posted:

If units didn't heal automatically at the start of the turn, and basically full HP every time if they're in/near a base, they might be useful. The main problem with Engineers is that they carry no grenades for whatever reason, and healing takes up a turn. Healing should be a secondary action like cleaning up mines, it's dumb in a game they purposely made ranking a speed-only thing for 3 games now.

If had to guess why they don't have grenades: It's likely because they only have slots for two secondary items and Athems and Melodist use both and they want to have engineers to lose grenades when promoting; the easily solution would to be allow three secondary items but that would probably requires effort, and we know how much the game designers put towards this game.

About the whole Healing as a minor action; yes that would be a smart game design decision for a game that encourages efficentcy all most exclusively, I'm guessing this one of those cases were the game designers simply didn't think of that and after all most other strategy games with healing make it a standard action (i.e. fire emblem, final fantasy tactics, etc.) and decided making it a standard action made sense without a second thought (what they didn't realize is that in those games healing is needed to survive the entire map, and alternate ways of healing are rare, impractical or also require a standard action, don't typically focus on efficentcy exclusively, and often have harsh penalties for units being Ko'd (like perma-death a.k.a. having to restart)

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Except Tech Elites can carry their Warpick, Ragnoid, Grenade, and Mines. It's not a system limitation, they purposely designed it.

Deceitful Penguin
Feb 16, 2011

Tae posted:

it's dumb in a game they purposely made ranking a speed-only thing for 3 games now.
This is my greatest beef with them and why I don't recommend them. I don't like being rushed. Get enough of that without getting it in my escapist media as well.

Drakenel
Dec 2, 2008

The glow is a guide, my friend. Though it falls to you to avert catastrophe, you will never fight alone.
Pedaling back a bit to melissa... gently caress you, VC2 artist. Wendy was cool back in the first game. She was a broken woman whose only solace was her amusement at killing. She went well with "BLEED FOR ME YOU FLOWER STAND DESTROYING FUCKS" Jane.

...I may also be reading too much of the Drakengard! LPs.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Drakenel posted:

Pedaling back a bit to melissa... gently caress you, VC2 artist. Wendy was cool back in the first game. She was a broken woman whose only solace was her amusement at killing. She went well with "BLEED FOR ME YOU FLOWER STAND DESTROYING FUCKS" Jane.

...I may also be reading too much of the Drakengard! LPs.

I'd say Wendy was more obsessed with explosives than murders. Like, killing people was fun for her, but she was really more about the method than the results.

More like Marion than like Jane. Jane's got her head in the game.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
I'm guessing it'll turn out her parents were killed by gunfire and those drat useless Engineers couldn't save them :qq:.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

chiasaur11 posted:

I'd say Wendy was more obsessed with explosives than murders. Like, killing people was fun for her, but she was really more about the method than the results.

More like Marion than like Jane. Jane's got her head in the game.

Funny you should mention that. One of Marion's favorite book is "Cheslock's Theory on Explosives."

Neddy Seagoon posted:

I'm guessing it'll turn out her parents were killed by gunfire and those drat useless Engineers couldn't save them :qq:.

You know they ain't writing anything complicated for Vicky.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

How in the world does this keep getting worse?

Yes, thank you for coming.
Avan, are you all right?
All right with what?
With...Leon. Learning about Project Valhalla, his defection... I'm worried about you.
I'd be lying if I said it wasn't a shock. The brother I'd just got through mourning shows up as some rebel monster. That's a kick to the head. And I won't accept it 'til he's told me why.
I see.
But don't get me wrong. I was stoked to see that he's still alive. It means I've still got a chance to talk to him, you know? To be like before. It's like I said in the beginning, I'm gonna find him and bring him back.
I hope that you do.
Anyway, I'll be fine. You don't have to worry about me, teach.

Now, let's get down to business, shall we? The rebels have taken the fall of Randgriz as a cue to pick up the pace. Their attacks throughout the south are growing fiercer than ever. Full control of the region would give them a foothold to strike greater Gallia.
Ugh, great.
The Gallian Army has concentrated its forces to try to retake Randgriz. That means what's left of Lanseal is all the south has to defend it.
That means what's left of Lanseal is all the south has to defend it.

Interesting that, despite taking over the capitol and capturing the queen, the war is still very much in a deadlock. Somehow.

I don't want to use my powers out there. I want to save them for protecting people, when it really matters. Without them, I'm not that strong. Can I... Is it still okay to go with you?

No, get out.

...Okay, fine you can stay. But goddamnit.

I wouldn't go without you! Now come on, let's go!
Right behind you!

Audrey? The one we fought in Yuell?
Roendahl is one of the top strategic positions in the south. We need it back.
Lanseal's bell has tolled. Squad G, move out!

New area to play with, and the mission is to take out Audrey's gigantic tank.

First thing is to take over that base via an APC, then break the rocks with the rock-breaker part.

The only problem is that at this point, Lancers are becoming really bad. Reiner is the strongest tier sub-class, and yet he still takes two CP to kill, outside of his Potential triggering. Morris at this point is much better, so it might be better to carry a squadron of Maulers instead.

This map is basically redundant on shortcuts. Avan's starting position could've opened up the A door himself, but capturing the base gate here was on the way, and it was a quick morale boost.

The other camp gate captured opens up this place, also redundant on shortcuts. You can immediately go up north and make a bridge with an APC, or have the previous map open up the A gate and travel through that way.

Audrey has her two usual bullshit moves, which is increasing anti-vehicle power and bombarding a map with her tank.

A couple more camps captured, getting ready for the final showdown.

So the final map has Audrey along with a bunch of soldiers, all able to shoot down Lavinia easily since Audrey spams All Demolish every turn. There IS an alternate path by traveling through two ladders and taking the long way.

Or risk Lavinia to last long enough and carry Morris to Audrey.

please don't break, please don't break, please don't break, please don't break

Okay, Morris made it. Now to just hit her butt twice and be done with it.

...poo poo

Clutched it out on the last CP.

Are you the general? Well, sorry, lady. but we're taking back the canyon!
Did we win, Cosette?
Ali, it's still dangerous! Try to stay back, okay?
What?!
Silver hair and red eyes? That girl...You, girl. Are you of Valkyrian blood?
Well, yeah.

Ooh, she mad

The sacred flame wasted upon their ilk!
Aliasse is a Valkyria, but she's our friend first and foremost.
Yeah! Ali's a Lanseal cadet, same as us!
You dare call yourselves equals to the Valkyrur? This is blasphemy!

At your command, we are prepared to fall back and regroup!
Very well. Prepare to retreat.
Heed me well. Next we meet, you will pay for your blasphemy!

*The rebels retreat*

Apparently it's true. At least, she seems to worship the Valkyrur.
But they're just people! Right? Ali's just Ali....
Right!
All right, that takes care of the mission. Let's head back home!

So, in some ways Audrey is even more of a nutcase than Baldren. If she ever finds out Alicia is a Valkyur as well, she might just end herself.

Aliasse Art Pages

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!
The one point I'm willing to grant Melissa is the line "I could go...all...day." is delivered so goddamn well. It's terrifying.

Also, for Lancers not keeping up:

uuuuuusssse Noellllllllllll

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
So how many more classmate quests do you have left to finish?

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

paragon1 posted:

So how many more classmate quests do you have left to finish?

7, not including Lavinia and that new game+ guy.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry

Tae posted:

So, in some ways Audrey is even more of a nutcase than Baldren. If she ever finds out Alicia is a Valkyur as well, she might just end herself.

: Hi! I'm the Valkyrur hero from the last war! I'm a peasant baker!
: ...hello?
: And this is my husband! He likes to chase after weird bugs.
: Weird... bugs?
: Now, honey, the red-crested Gallian dung beetle might have learned how to metabolize wood ash, but that doesn't make it weird. To the beetle, it's perfectly normal!
: That's my darling! Isn't he wonderful?
: I... I... :suicide:

AfroSquirrel
Sep 3, 2011

We should have demanded that she turn over her supertank as tribute to her lord and master or whatever she views the Valkyrur as.

Alternately, next time we fight her dye everyone's hair blue and give them red contacts. And because it's :japan:, Avan gets fake breasts.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

When I want to relax, I read an essay by Engels. When I want something more serious, I read Corto Maltese.
I can feel my brain simply refusing to believe that last character design. It's like it's pre-emptively stopping my eyes from taking it all in. I just saw the shoes and it just said - if you see anything else you're going to have a really bad day.

What is with those shoes?!

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Samovar posted:

I can feel my brain simply refusing to believe that last character design. It's like it's pre-emptively stopping my eyes from taking it all in. I just saw the shoes and it just said - if you see anything else you're going to have a really bad day.

I dunno, I can't unsee the mid-chest V-Fin that some Gundam somewhere wants back.

Mr.Morgenstern
Sep 14, 2012

Glazius posted:

: Now, honey, the red-crested Gallian dung beetle might have learned how to metabolize wood ash, but that doesn't make it weird. To the beetle, it's perfectly normal!
Welkin.txt

Ikasuhito
Sep 29, 2013

Haram as Fuck.

Who even put her in that outfit? I don't think Doc "flowers are useless fluff" Foester would go to the effort.

Was it the Imps? If so why?

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Ikasuhito posted:

Who even put her in that outfit? I don't think Doc "flowers are useless fluff" Foester would go to the effort.

If there's one thing we've learned from these art interviews, it is that it was probably the true villains of VC2: The art designers.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

-Troika- posted:

I dunno, I can't unsee the mid-chest V-Fin that some Gundam somewhere wants back.

Don't forget the stupid bunny ears.

Ikasuhito posted:

The whole thing boggles the mind on so many levels. Someone looked at that design during VC2's development and willingly signed off on it :psyduck:. I mean Selvaria's outfit was fanservice-y as all hell too in the first game, but at the very least it looked like someone had started with some kind German/Nazi-esque officer's uniform before cutting away bits of it to show skin.

cdyoung
Mar 2, 2012

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Don't forget the stupid bunny ears.

The whole thing boggles the mind on so many levels. Someone looked at that design during VC2's development and willingly signed off on it :psyduck:. I mean Selvaria's outfit was fanservice-y as all hell too in the first game, but at the very least it looked like someone had started with some kind German/Nazi-esque officer's uniform before cutting away bits of it to show skin.

Selveria's uniform wasn't fanservicey at all, she wore a full, completely buttoned up jackcoat and slacks. The only reason it was "fanservicey" was because she was *drawn* to look physically appealing.

If anything the weird crisscrossy clothing design can be attributed to the Valkyrur race itself.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW

Samovar posted:

They're all of a piece with everything up to her thigh too, I'm not even sure putting them on is physically possible.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Neddy Seagoon posted:

The whole thing boggles the mind on so many levels. Someone looked at that design during VC2's development and willingly signed off on it :psyduck:.

It's the shoes and the whip for me. That stone texture looks so wrong.

cdyoung posted:

Selveria's uniform wasn't fanservicey at all, she wore a full, completely buttoned up jackcoat and slacks. The only reason it was "fanservicey" was because she was *drawn* to look physically appealing.

Yeah, but unlike the other Nazi longcoat-wearing fellas, her outfit was tight, missing the shoulders, and exposed her skin on the sides. Otherwise, yeah she was dressed fairly conservatively compared to most anime Nazi women.

Now her appearance in the social game however...

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

SSNeoman posted:

Yeah, but unlike the other Nazi longcoat-wearing fellas, her outfit was tight, missing the shoulders, and exposed her skin on the sides. Otherwise, yeah she was dressed fairly conservatively compared to most anime Nazi women.

Now her appearance in the social game however...

Actually it's backless down to the waist :v:. The Whip thing is because the Valkyrian Lance and Shield look that way and someone went down the fetish list for any missed checkboxes and found "kinky whip weapon" left unchecked.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Also I recall seeing concept artwork somewhere where the inner thigh of Selveria's pants are exposed.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Szurumbur
Feb 17, 2011

cdyoung posted:

If anything the weird crisscrossy clothing design can be attributed to the Valkyrur race itself.

I've looked up her outfit and I'm sorry to say that you're wrong, her outfit is fanservice-laden and her body shape is certainly pertinent to her outfit being so. However, but for her combat high-heel boots it at least looks somewhat practical and, dare I say, normal, compared to what our underaged Valkyria is wearing.

Szurumbur fucked around with this message at 10:34 on May 12, 2015

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

paragon1 posted:

They're all of a piece with everything up to her thigh too, I'm not even sure putting them on is physically possible.
Maybe she gets sewn into the clothes every morning.

Drakenel
Dec 2, 2008

The glow is a guide, my friend. Though it falls to you to avert catastrophe, you will never fight alone.

paragon1 posted:

Deceitful Penguin
Feb 16, 2011

paragon1 posted:

Infantile escapist entertainment glorifying youth building upon itself for decades as the conditions in Japan worsen culminating in weapons grade nerd crack that you are enjoying right now?

Or just because, really. Some artists like drawing dumb things and no-one was smart enough to say no.

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem

SSNeoman posted:

Oh God it's not just me. The whip and shield just feels so wrong to look at.

mycot fucked around with this message at 14:02 on May 12, 2015

Magni
Apr 29, 2009

Tae posted:

Funny you should mention that. One of Marion's favorite book is "Cheslock's Theory on Explosives."

Wendy's post-game epilogue blurb in VC1 if she survives the game is that she takes her hobby to the next level and gets a job at the gallian national arsenal developing new explosives. She's living the dream. :allears:

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

mycot posted:

Oh God it's not just me. The whip and shield just feels so wrong to look at.

I think the Lance and Shield worked well in the original Valkyria Chronicles, just because they pulled off looking incomprehensibly advanced/powerful and still ancient. The guy cribbing off the original designer's notes, however, clearly hasn't got a clue as to what he's doing with that stupid whip.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Neddy Seagoon posted:

I think the Lance and Shield worked well in the original Valkyria Chronicles, just because they pulled off looking incomprehensibly advanced/powerful and still ancient. The guy cribbing off the original designer's notes, however, clearly hasn't got a clue as to what he's doing with that stupid whip.

Yeah I agree with all this. "Well we need a whip so let's make it a stone whip :downs:"
I mean they could've just given her a mechanical one or something, since this game is about people trying to mechanically reproduce the power of a Valkyria. Or they could've given her a weapon that does not look dumb as gently caress when it has a stone texture, the better option since it won't make the 13 year old look like a dominatrix. But then it wouldn't be VC2.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Magni posted:

Wendy's post-game epilogue blurb in VC1 if she survives the game is that she takes her hobby to the next level and gets a job at the gallian national arsenal developing new explosives. She's living the dream. :allears:

If they just bothered to deploy her weapons, the war would be over by now.

Of course, it may be over due to Gallia vanishing in a massive inferno, but, eh. Details.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Audrey?
It's been some time. Since your coronation, perhaps?
You were a loyal officer in the Army. Why join your father in this madness?
Do you truly need for me to say it? After you lied to your people? Presumed to claim Valkyrian heritage?
I stand by the decisions I have made. The Gallia I have sought to create is one free of bonds of race or house. Is the nation you have fought to create a place safe only for your kind?

Gallia is a sacred land. It can be kept so only under sacred rule. Gallia belongs to the Valkyrur. Not to a Darcsen. It is because of false leaders such as you that Gallia has fallen to rot. That it must live in fear of its neighbors. Do you deny this?

So yeah, Audrey is a religious fanatic, and super racist in her own way. Not outright murdering with her own, bare hands, but her reasons put it close enough.

I have no intention of affirming House Randgriz's history of duplicity. But we were able to drive back the Empire from our lands for one reason. We came together as one. Set aside our differences. Ignored race and class. A wise man once told me..."A person is not defined by her birth, nor her blood...But by how she lives."

Very well. If that is how you see fit to live, so be it. I will live my own life by the Yggdist precepts. I will fight for a Gallia at eternal peace, brought to us by the Valkyrur. I invite you to watch from here in your case.

So just to drive Audrey's point even more pointless. Current Valkyur count:
1) A baker, at Lanseal
2) Dead, but was leading an army to exterminate Gallia
3) A student, also at Lanseal and fighting you

Also a bit of spoiler, Valkyur in VC3 fights with Darcsens. She's a nut case.

Skit summary: Avan tries to do a portrait of Zeri, ends up only drawing his glasses because he's bad at it, Chloe sees it as GENIUS because "art."

Forces from Lanseal have all but cut it off, sir.
Those damned cadets!
There's more. It seems they've sparked a sense of rebellion In the locals. The Darcsen settlements in the south are showing increasing resistance, sir.

Which is the largest of those settlements?
I would say the Doerfein mining quarter, sir.
Ready my men. We leave at once.

His boner cannot be contained!

B-But surely there's no need for you to go in person, Your Highness.
There is a meaning in it. The Archduke himself is sending a message. That the Darcsens will be purged. That this is the will of Gallia itself!

NO

Army Readying for Capital Push-Newspaper

On September 28, the rebel army began dispatching troops from Randgriz with the aim of taking complete control over Gallia. They are expected to bolster forces in the North, where many Gallian army forces remain, and in the South to protect supply lines.

Reports indicate that many army units remain in Fouzen and Ghirlandaio, gathering their strength to retake Randgriz. Rebels are expected to focus their efforts in these areas, signalling that a final clash between forces to end the war is imminent.

Class G's Medals Go Missing

On the 10th, the winner's medals from the Laevatein Cup that were displayed in Class G's room went missing. Class members searched frantically, but the medals were not found. That evening, it was discovered that Avan Hardins' bird Jarde had taken them.

Avon said that Jarde likes shiny things, and he once missed dinner because Jorde took his mother's ring. Avon promised to keep the medals safe from now on. As they are symbols of Class G's hard work, I hope he can manage to pull that off.

Project Valhalla-Encyclopedia

A secret project undertaken by the Empire. People thought to have Valkyrian ancestry were detained in an attempt to recreate their ability artificially. Selvaria Bles, who served under crown prince Maximilian, was one of those experimented on.

The project was dismantled after Maximilian's death, but Clementia Foerster defected to Gallia along with one of the test subjects to continue her research alone. She later abandoned Aliasse and vanished, but may no longer require test data.

I'm assuming the empire just have more brutal ways to find out who's has Valkyur blood, compared to Gallia who still thinks of them as myths even after the war.

Yssdism-Encyclopedia

A religion that believes the Valkyrur to be gods or vassals of god who saved mankind from the Darcsen Calamity. It was established in the 3rd Century, and soon spread across the entire continent. Their symbol is a blue Valkyrian spiral.

Roendahl Canyon-Encyclopedia

A canyon in the upstream region of the River Mais east of Mellvere. In ancient times the River Mais often flooded, causing great damage to cities downstream. Now water levels are controlled using the dams and flood gates built in the canyon.

It recently became known that the frequent flooding of the River Mais was largely due to excessive timber logging in the middle ages, reducing the water-holding capacity of the surrounding area. The government is now considering a replanting program.

Just knocking out a paid mission or two, since I did pay a large sum for these things.

Skit summary: Lotte reading off written impressions about Cordelia, the lesson is that Avan is a dumb poo poo who didn't know who she was. THE PERSON THAT IS THE REASON WHY THIS CIVIL WAR HAPPENED. I'm assuming this skit was in rotation since January but goddamnit.

Skit summary: Basically background on Dryer marriage, which is having a poo poo ton of wives and 10 times that of children. He's 1 of 25 kids or something.

Vicky Quest 3

I just close my eyes and let the sound of the water calm me...

*Water suddenly hits him*

Bwah?! C-Cold! Okay, who splashed me?!
You're in Vicky's way! Move it!
Vicky? ...Stop? Stop! Aaah, STOP!

*Vicky crashes into Avan*

You crashed into me! How is that my fault?!
All Vicky was doing was hunting for dinner. You were in the way!
I see you haven't changed. Are you at least trying harder as an engineer now?
No! Vicky is strong! Attack!
Ugh, I give up.
Oh, good! You're here. We have new orders. We're to offer backup to Class D. They're pretty worn down, and a lot of them are injured.
We'll have to bring along extra engineers to handle the wounded, then.
That means you're coming along, Vicky. Okay? I need your help helping folks.

It's a mission, not a hunt, and I don't want you to kill anyone! You're--*Vicky runs away* She never listens. I hope she's at least helpful out there today
I'm a little nervous, too. but I know Vicky will come around eventually. We need to have faith in her if we want her to trust us.
Yeah, you're right. Now, let's get ready to move out!

Actually Avan is wrong, we're definitely going to kill everyone.

gently caress. Forced to deploy two Engineers in the middle of nowhere.

Despite the handicap, still a simple mission when Maulers can one-shot tanks at any angle.

Step it up, Avon. We've got a rebel unit coming in on our tails.
All right. We'll extract south now. I doubt they'll follow us far. We got everybody? Class G, pull out!
Ah! Wait, we're missing Vicky! Over there!
What?! What's she doing way out... Vicky! C'mon, we're heading back!
Wait... Vicky's not standing up. Is she hurt?
Avan! We don't have the numbers to take on this rebel squad!
I hear you, Zeri. I'll go get her--

Wait, Cosette! It's too dangerous, come back!

*At a distance*

My leg... It is hurt! I cannot move! Enemy is close! They will find me!
No. No, no! NO! Someone, help! I do not want to die like this!

Cosette, what are you doing here!?
I'm an engineer. It's my job to help the wounded. Besides... You're my squad mate, Vicky. It's only natural that I come help you.
Because... We are squad mates?
Okay, you're patched up! That should do it. Now let's get out of here!

I never knew you could be so brave. I thought you engineers were... Aha! That's it! I will become an engineer and help the squad too!
Heeey! You guys okay?
Avan! You hurt anywhere? Tell me and I will heal you!
Wh-Whoa, what's up with you all of a sudden? Sorry, but I'm just fine.
From now on, I am an engineer! My job is to help the wounded!
Okay, actually it's kind of weird having you worry about me.
Ah ha ha!

Increases healing. YEAH, TOTALLY WORTH IT WHOO HOOO

:sigh:

Vicky art pages

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guy Fawkes
Aug 1, 2014

Lvl 62, +5 meadow defense

Glazius posted:

: Hi! I'm the Valkyrur hero from the last war! I'm a peasant baker!
: ...hello?
: And this is my husband! He likes to chase after weird bugs.
: Weird... bugs?
: That's my darling! Isn't he wonderful?
: I... I... :suicide:

And, by the way, this is our daughter: we gave her the name of the adopted sister of my brother. She was a Darcsen, you see......

• Locked thread