Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
various cheeses
Jan 24, 2013

Hexel posted:

That structure blog is :vince: I will totally buy a super if they let them dock.

Time to save up for that ratting Nyx, am I right guys?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kirs
Dec 5, 2014

Apart from drinking, there is absolutely nothing to do here.

various cheeses posted:

Time to save up for that ratting Nyx, am I right guys?

And loose it after your citadel got destroyed. :smugdog:
While you're vacationed.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Klyith posted:

Have you ever even been to New Orleans?

Boston is very nice, I like Boston. You can find very good seafood in Boston. You can't find bad seafood in New Orleans.

Plus, in New Orleans (and some of the other southern states) you can get alligator meat along with your seafood dishes. :yum:

Mekchu fucked around with this message at 18:05 on May 12, 2015

Wolfy
Jul 13, 2009

Kirs posted:

And loose it after your citadel got destroyed. :smugdog:
While you're vacationed.
Nah, you get to retrieve it at a can only you can warp to.

Kirs
Dec 5, 2014

Apart from drinking, there is absolutely nothing to do here.

Wolfy posted:

Nah, you get to retrieve it at a can only you can warp to.

I hope that this can will be accessible for everyone after certain period of time. And how the gently caress Nyx can get in can?

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Kirs posted:

And how the gently caress Nyx can get in can?

By never not believing.

Wolfy
Jul 13, 2009

Kirs posted:

I hope that this can will be accessible for everyone after certain period of time. And how the gently caress Nyx can get in can?
They linked some stuff from the last blog on this.

quote:

Wreck: when a structure is destroyed, it could leave behind a non-destructible wreck. This wreck houses all the items the structure possessed at its destruction, and only the respectful owners could salvage them back. Players docked inside the structure would still remain docked inside the wreck (and still be invulnerable to attack), but will be unable to do so again should they choose to undock. Moored ships would however become vulnerable and up for grabs by anyone.

Containers: when a structure is destroyed, all assets are moved into special containers. A container exists for each individual that stored items in the structure, as well as corporation entities and are spread around planets. When this happens, an entry would appear on the owner journal giving a warp-in point to go to. Please note such containers would not be destructible at all, and could not be scanned until the rightful owner comes to retrieve his or her loot. The duration at which those entries would stay remains entirely dependent to the structure type and player condition when it was destroyed (logged off, account lapsed etc…). Player docked inside the structure would be spread around the solar system, while moored ships would become vulnerable and up for grabs.

This makes it sound like they have no idea what to do with assets when these things are destroyed. Maybe the nyx just pops out into space? They certainly didn't mention the word mooring in this latest blog.

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

Wolfy posted:

This makes it sound like they have no idea what to do with assets when these things are destroyed. Maybe the nyx just pops out into space? They certainly didn't mention the word mooring in this latest blog.
Yeah it's a pretty tough question that I bet they're still hashing out; probably be a big topic at the summer CSM meet. On the one hand loot drives conflict. And the size M & L structures look to be POS replacements, they maybe should drop in the same way a SMA / CHA does.

On the other hand if the new structures are supposed to replace stations eventually, and losing all your stuff when you were unsubbed because your station got blown up would really suck. Also giving a group like us, or even worse PL, incentive to destroy stations all the time could get out of control. PL would do it full-time, they've pretty clearly decided they're not gonna settle down and be a farms & fields empire.

Also, how are the vulnerability time periods going to work in non-sov space? Is it going to be 18 hour vulnerability for all the poor saps who don't own space? That'd sure be a way to make sov null worth having again! :supaburn:

Kalenn Istarion
Nov 2, 2012

Maybe Senpai will finally notice me now that I've dropped :fivebux: on this snazzy av

Hexel posted:

That structure blog is :vince: I will totally buy a super if they let them dock.

Kirs posted:

There's a magic space box for your ratting money so why not

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!

Viva Miriya posted:

I need to find a good BBQ place in NYC. Also a seafood place, if that's even possible. Pretty sure no one knows how to make good seafood outside New Orleans! I'd love to be wrong though.

Not a BBQ place, but a great place to eat: Katz Delicatessen. Nice deli for smoked meat.
Other great place, especially for ribs: Sylvia's Restaurant.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Luigi Thirty posted:

So we're losing the first Titan to a yurt with a doomsday on it right?

In case this got missed....

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

Dalael posted:

Not a BBQ place, but a great place to eat: Katz Delicatessen. Nice deli for smoked meat.
Other great place, especially for ribs: Sylvia's Restaurant.

I'm drinking my jamba juice and it taste way better then all your huge :effort: BBQ garbage you guys are on about. ITT goons spend more effort at food then playing Eve.

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

:v:

Holyshoot posted:

I'm drinking my jamba juice and it taste way better then all your huge :effort: BBQ garbage you guys are on about. ITT goons spend more effort at food then playing Eve.

What's it like being so objectively wrong?

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Unfunny Poster posted:

Plus, in New Orleans (and some of the other southern states) you can get alligator meat along with your seafood dishes. :yum:

I get alligator meat in Oregon. I get it in Mac n Cheese.

Voyager I
Jun 29, 2012

This is how your posting feels.
🐥🐥🐥🐥🐥

Wolfy posted:

They linked some stuff from the last blog on this.

As much as we like the idea of destructible assets in nullsec, if the new structures don't offer a reasonable degree of safety for assets then people just won't use them and there will never be anything in them worth looting in the first place. This is something where sticks without carrots simply won't work. I would very much like to see people become less risk-averse, but the way to do that isn't to punish safe play; it's to make riskier actions more rewarding so sane people will do them anyways.

For a similar example, I'd love to see something like an anomaly with lots of tackling rats that required a substantial ship to clear but also had a high enough payout to justify the risks in running one. Or, for example, just look at WH space. People rat in faction battleships, capitals, and T3s with the expectation that their poo poo is gonna get jumped sooner or later, but they make so much money that it's still worth the hazards.

Voyager I fucked around with this message at 19:17 on May 12, 2015

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Holyshoot posted:

swing and a miss guy who is permanently banned from eve

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

ChickenWing posted:

What's it like being so objectively wrong?

How do you figure? Food tastes are all opinions based on the persons pallet. My apologies for not :fap: over food.

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

Holyshoot posted:

How do you figure? Food tastes are all opinions based on the persons pallet. My apologies for not :fap: over food.

It's weak humour based on discarding your opinion. I don't actually figure.

Please join the food circlejerk tia

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

:confused:

also i caught you before your weak snark edit

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

palate... my bad.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Holyshoot posted:

Palate.

A pallet is a shipping skid.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Maybe he doesn't like BBQ because he eats Pallets? Or he used pallet wood to BBQ it?

Huge_Midget
Jun 6, 2002

I don't like the look of it...
If you think this

is better than this

then I weep for you and your terrible opinions, and likely life choices.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

Huge_Midget posted:

If you think this

is better than this

then I weep for you and your terrible opinions, and likely life choices.

BBQ for breakfast :barf:

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Smoothies aren't "healthy" anyway. They're just sugar for people who like to fool themselves into thinking that they're eating something that isn't sugar.

DisgracelandUSA
Aug 11, 2011

Yeah, I gets down with the homies

Viva Miriya posted:

I need to find a good BBQ place in NYC. Also a seafood place, if that's even possible. Pretty sure no one knows how to make good seafood outside New Orleans! I'd love to be wrong though.

http://www.dinosaurbarbque.com/bbq-harlem . It's a Memphis style rib place in Harlem. Apparently they opened a location in Brooklyn. Last time I went, it was fantastic, but packed as poo poo. Also, Harlem. You're liable to find more soul food restaurants than cue joints though.

I always liked Ocean Grill. It's fine dining chain, but I can't ever remember going to any ridiculously good sea food restaurants in NYC, just restaurants that had good sea food.

Huge_Midget
Jun 6, 2002

I don't like the look of it...

Holyshoot posted:

BBQ for breakfast :barf:

You've obviously not tasted the glory that is smoked brisket and potato hash.

Or you hate smoked sausage with your eggs.

Or used leftover pulled pork in eggs benedict.

:getin:

DiggityDoink
Dec 9, 2007

Holyshoot posted:

BBQ for breakfast :getin:

that's more like it

Wolfy
Jul 13, 2009

Voyager I posted:

As much as we like the idea of destructible assets in nullsec, if the new structures don't offer a reasonable degree of safety for assets then people just won't use them and there will never be anything in them worth looting in the first place. This is something where sticks without carrots simply won't work. I would very much like to see people become less risk-averse, but the way to do that isn't to punish safe play; it's to make riskier actions more rewarding so sane people will do them anyways.
Well, it's a hell of a lot less safe than the current deal. If someone pops the citadel(s??) in your staging, you still have to retrieve the assets before they expire, and then get them safe. I know it's really early, but I don't really understand what they're doing here.

Schlampa
Dec 28, 2006

CCP announces they're finally considering letting supercapitals dock and people immediately go back to talking about BBQ.

This is the first time I can say that I enjoy catching up on this thread.

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

goons gonna goon

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

CainFortea posted:

I get alligator meat in Oregon. I get it in Mac n Cheese.

Well yeah you have to have it shipped to you though.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Unfunny Poster posted:

Still tasty. I've been to New Orleans. I wasn't particularly impressed with the food. Though that was like 20 years ago.

ranbo das
Oct 16, 2013

Schlampa posted:

CCP announces they're finally considering letting supercapitals dock and people immediately go back to talking about BBQ.

This is the first time I can say that I enjoy catching up on this thread.

CCP already announced it might happen at fanfest, so until we hear a definite yes I don't think there will be any sperging.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer
I can't wait to test the new structures on SiSi. If they really want to allow the new structures everywhere, instead of just on moons, I'll do my best to make deathtraps, just in case I ever have enough money to be a real rear end in a top hat on the normal server. :allears:

I'm also interested to see how they want to combine drones and structures. Considering the probably still rather long lock-on times for even the new medium structures, I fully expect people to have some structures around just to spew out Warrior IIs to keep pesky little frigates away.

Kazak_Hstan
Apr 28, 2014

Grimey Drawer

Unfunny Poster posted:

Do you get a knife and go find a gator or something?

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Libluini posted:

I can't wait to test the new structures on SiSi. If they really want to allow the new structures everywhere, instead of just on moons, I'll do my best to make deathtraps, just in case I ever have enough money to be a real rear end in a top hat on the normal server. :allears:

I'm also interested to see how they want to combine drones and structures. Considering the probably still rather long lock-on times for even the new medium structures, I fully expect people to have some structures around just to spew out Warrior IIs to keep pesky little frigates away.

They don't auto-fire. All defenses must be manually controlled.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

evilweasel posted:

And? I fully expect to control my little death traps if the time comes.

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

evilweasel posted:

That seems to directly contradict their intention of not letting one fucker trollsteal your station.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YouTuber
Jul 31, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

You missed the idiot writing loose when he really means lose. I don't know why, but that poo poo is all over the place now.

• Locked thread