Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

You know they say that all demons are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Pyro Jack and you can see that statement is not true, hee-ho!
They sold the most consoles and all they had to do was re-release games from the PS3/360. :smuggo:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Hello, would you like to buy a $400 machine that doesn't do half of what the PS3 could do and has such glorious first party games such as Knack and Driveclub?

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

You know they say that all demons are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Pyro Jack and you can see that statement is not true, hee-ho!

Jonas Albrecht posted:

I know it's really dumb, but my favorite part of E3 last year was reading the opinion pieces about how xBox or PS4 "won E3".

Because they were poo poo.

I liked the part about how the hardware was gonna be so good we'll be seeing 1080p/60fps as the new console standard.

Still waiting on that bit.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

I can;t believe Yoshi's Wooly World is going to save the brand. This is it: this is what we have been waiting for since the SNES.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Mercury Crusader posted:

I liked the part about how the hardware was gonna be so good we'll be seeing 1080p/60fps as the new console standard.

Friend, why are you not playing your Wii U?

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
At this point has there been a Wii U game that isn't the best that franchise ever put out?

Except I guess Rainbow Curse?

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

At this point has there been a Wii U game that isn't the best that franchise ever put out?

I don't think 3D World was the best Mario game.
Also a lot of franchises have still been no-shows on the Wii U

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

Saoshyant posted:

Friend, why are you not playing your Wii U?

I'm playing Super Mario RPG on the gamepad via Wii Mode. It's fun.

I mean you have to use a classic controller to play it but it's cool.

Polo-Rican
Jul 4, 2004

emptyquote my posts or die

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

please delete your post before you attract the weird smash brothers people

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

codenameFANGIO posted:

omfg they are going to make [...] so many fuckin Yarn Yoshi Amiibos

Their track record really doesn't support that hypothesis.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Augus posted:

I don't think 3D World was the best Mario game.
Also a lot of franchises have still been no-shows on the Wii U
Mario is very much up to debate because it has tons of amazing games, but 3D World is totally at least up there.
You're completely right on that regard.

Polo-Rican posted:

Shulk is in the new Smash, therefore it's the best. :v:

e: game and wario and mario party 10 exist so my post is totally wrong.

MorningMoon fucked around with this message at 20:03 on May 12, 2015

pizza valentine
Sep 19, 2007

DON'T FAKE THE FUNK
Grimey Drawer

Jonas Albrecht posted:

I know it's really dumb, but my favorite part of E3 last year was reading the opinion pieces about how xBox or PS4 "won E3".

Because they were poo poo.

Every E3 conference ever has been poo poo.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

It'd be cool to have another Platinum game on Wii U. I wonder what Kamiya thinks of Nintendo after W101/Bayonetta 2

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Lots of rumors about Super Mario Galaxy 3 at this years show.

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
http://youtu.be/pjPOSKnOftA

I'm a squid kid

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Jonas Albrecht posted:

yeah, i bet. A lot of rumors about Metroid. Heck yeah.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

Mercury Crusader posted:

1080p/60fps, you mean like Super Smash Bros. For WiiU?

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Jonas Albrecht posted:

That's dumb.

Hydrocodone
Sep 26, 2007

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker is definitely the best Captain Toad game they've made.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Startropics 3 coming to E3 2015

ColonelJohnMatrix
Jun 24, 2006

Because all fucking hell is going to break loose

Listen friends. Let us think of this for a moment.

Mario Galaxy 3. Metroid. Punch-Out. Star Fox.

That would be a great e3.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Help Im Alive posted:

It'd be cool to have another Platinum game on Wii U. I wonder what Kamiya thinks of Nintendo after W101/Bayonetta 2

He's probably fine with them, but Platinum is a gun for hire and they've got enough projects for other people to keep them busy for the next couple of years. Still, if Nintendo showed up with a check where the memo line said, "Bayonetta 103" they'd probably figure out a way to squeeze it in.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Yarn Yoshi art here with a few screenshots of the game

http://imgur.com/a/1jvKs#CRpS3cL

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

raditts posted:

Am I the only one that has a problem with the title defense fights on Punch-Out Wii being drat near impossible? I can't tell if it's video delay, I have pretty much the same problem with NES Punch-Out on the VC as well once it gets to the World circuit.

They're just a huge jump in difficulty is all. I mean TD Glass Joe even kicked my rear end for a good while. Eventually I got the hang of it, and there was a while that I was plowing through them on only a couple of tries. Soda Popinski was my first brick wall because he's so fast in TD that I couldn't dodge his attacks if I didn't know what was coming. I ended up memorizing the pattern to TKO him in round 1 because I couldn't survive anywhere into round 2.

And then Bald Bull right after him has a gimmick where you can only knock him down using star punches. I can't reliably get or then keep star punches long enough to knock him down more than once before he beats me. It's pretty ridiculous.

In conclusion, they're not impossible but they are really really hard.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
I don't want Mario Galaxy 3, I want Mario Sunshine 2, exploring large open urban environments. Maybe with the water pack? Maybe not, depends on the level.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

Anime Curator posted:

yeah, i bet. A lot of rumors about Metroid. Heck yeah.

There are always rumors about Metroid

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Astro7x posted:

There are always rumors about Metroid

yeah man, i feel you but this year though

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

greatn posted:

I don't want Mario Galaxy 3, I want Mario Sunshine 2, exploring large open urban environments. Maybe with the water pack? Maybe not, depends on the level.
Instead you get Splatoon,

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

FirstAidKite posted:

Startropics 3 coming to E3 2015

This has to come true someday.:(

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

homeless snail posted:

Instead you get Splatoon,

Unless there a 1 vs 4 mode where one Inkling has a F.U.D.D. and must keep the area clean from the mess that the other 4 Inklings are making, than bring me HD port of Sunshine.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

SeANMcBAY posted:

This has to come true someday.:(

Mike Jones for Smash

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE

Huh, if I'm to believe that advert, the gamepad shows the game play view and not the map. Either this is a new feature or Nintendo's ad department just makes up stuff.

Treebeh
Sep 20, 2010

we never say anything unless it is worth taking a long time to say.

FirstAidKite posted:

Mike Jones for Smash

Who?

pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.

Rexroom posted:

Huh, if I'm to believe that advert, the gamepad shows the game play view and not the map. Either this is a new feature or Nintendo's ad department just makes up stuff.

The 2 player local VS mode has one player on the T.V. and one on the gamepad.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Yea

Suaimhneas
Nov 19, 2005

That's how you get tinnitus

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Sonic Boom

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

greatn posted:

1080p/60fps, you mean like Super Smash Bros. For WiiU?

Yes. Nintendoes what non-Nintendon't.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Mario Kart, Mario Party, Mario 3D World (if we're considering it part of the 3D Land "franchise"). Other than that there aren't many franchises that have even continued yet on the Wii U.

Polo-Rican posted:

Ain't touchin' this.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

The weird Smash people ... are already inside the thread. :unsmigghh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

All I want is for Nintendo to give love to Wave Race and 1080 Snowboarding again.

I don't care if we see a Mario 4D Planet, or Metroid, or Kirby Air Ride 2, or even Golden Sun of all things along the way, I just want my second/third tier sports IPs to come back.

Suspicious Cook posted:

The best part of Mario Party 10 is that "Waluigi Time" is now said canonically.

It was said canonically back in Double Dash whenever Waluigi switched to the driver's seat.

• Locked thread