Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.
bloodborne is really good to play fast. rip pimp c

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Those undead dogs are a real pain in the loving rear end. They were harder for me than The One Reborn.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

sector_corrector posted:

i've done shadows of yharnham by myself 3 times and gotten the last one to a single hit each time. i think i'm making the skeleton lords mistake, and triggering the final form of two of them at the same time, which is too much to deal with, and i should make a plan and stick to it to finish each on sequentially.

Are you using the Tontrius? I killed the spellcaster guy first and whittled the other two down to very low health. They never entered the summoning phase with me, strangely.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I think the phased on them may be time based? I've had it so two of the guys enter the phase even though one is at full health

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

rom in the chalice dungeon is a real motherfucker

Dec 26, 2012

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

yeah that fight plays pretty different when it's in an enclosed space. it's cool

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Human Grand Prix posted:

Are you using the Tontrius? I killed the spellcaster guy first and whittled the other two down to very low health. They never entered the summoning phase with me, strangely.

no, i haven't upgraded that at all. i'm using the kirkhammer, and had the most luck with the longsword mode covered in bolt paper

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

sector_corrector posted:

no, i haven't upgraded that at all. i'm using the kirkhammer, and had the most luck with the longsword mode covered in bolt paper

If your having trouble I would use that. Bolt paper should be good too though.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
my first two times were with the sledge mode, and i think it was just way too slow to deal with the gank squad nature of the fight. i'm giving it a break because i was getting sort of salty on my last attempt. it should go a lot easier now.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

His blizzaga attack can't go through pillars, so hide behind them when he uses it. I found him to be a lot easier the second time around (for reference, I struggled like hell with him the first time).

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
beat yarnham queen yesterday... super freaky boss. just need to kill ebrietas for platinum now... except im on ng+3 and shes too hard 4 me -____-

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
btw, just discovered the "share" button on my ps4 controller. now i can record myself doing stuff in games... what an epic console

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

sector_corrector posted:

i've done shadows of yharnham by myself 3 times and gotten the last one to a single hit each time. i think i'm making the skeleton lords mistake, and triggering the final form of two of them at the same time, which is too much to deal with, and i should make a plan and stick to it to finish each on sequentially.

heres my cool strat that i might record if i start a new run to kill ebrietas: kill the katana guy first, then the mage guy, then if you kill the candle guy last he dodges right every time you hit him, so u can just run in a circle mashing r1 until he dies and he cant do anything.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

YIKES Stay Gooned posted:

I think the phased on them may be time based? I've had it so two of the guys enter the phase even though one is at full health

i think its total health of all 3 bosses based... so its actually a bad idea to try and damage them evenly.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Micolash just ran around the whole time for me as well, I used +7 Cannon intially then Repeating Pistol + Saw Cleaver. The only time I used Blood vials is when I needed more bullets.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

I.N.R.I posted:

i think its total health of all 3 bosses based... so its actually a bad idea to try and damage them evenly.

I still don't know what I did. I stayed relatively close to them the entire fight and just went ham with the Tontrius, buffing and mashing R1.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

I.N.R.I posted:

heres my cool strat that i might record if i start a new run to kill ebrietas: kill the katana guy first, then the mage guy, then if you kill the candle guy last he dodges right every time you hit him, so u can just run in a circle mashing r1 until he dies and he cant do anything.

i still haven't gotten back to it, but i'll give that a try

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

That moment when you've been playing for dozens of hours and then discover that weapons have different attacks when sprinting/backstepping if you use R2 instead of R1

Dec 26, 2012

I.N.R.I posted:

beat yarnham queen yesterday... super freaky boss. just need to kill ebrietas for platinum now... except im on ng+3 and shes too hard 4 me -____-

ebreitas is pretty nasty. the camera doesnt help either

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

I.N.R.I posted:

good luck

she's hard on every ng but at a certain point like all good souls bosses it just clicks

stoutfish
Oct 8, 2012

by zen death robot
blood borne seems pretty easy to plat? I think you only have to do like six chalice dungeons if you have good luck (or figure out a guide or something)

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

stoutfish posted:

blood borne seems pretty easy to plat? I think you only have to do like six chalice dungeons if you have good luck (or figure out a guide or something)

its not easy to plat because one of the required chalice dungeons is the defiled chalice which halves your HP and has extremely difficult bosses

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
speaking of which, just got the plat mysef :D.... ebrietas is much easier on ng.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I.N.R.I posted:

speaking of which, just got the plat mysef :D.... ebrietas is much easier on ng.

Nice, congrats. I still have to finish the chalice stuff but I have been playing Mario games a lot instead and will probably circle back and get the plat a few months from now.

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

the final(?) boss in this is badass, he's so quick its like straight up character action game poo poo

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
im going to start playing this game again, next week. i will get my final 3 achievements and get plat and then just pvp. hail satan.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

SM64Guy posted:

the final(?) boss in this is badass, he's so quick its like straight up character action game poo poo

I freakin love that fight and I think it's my favorite of any souls game

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

i hope this game ends up getting dlc bc there has never been bad souls dlc and more Bloodborne would be cool.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

i hope this game ends up getting dlc

Hmmmmm

*blows dust off of encyclopedia labeled 'Major Titles Without DLC'*

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

I freakin love that fight and I think it's my favorite of any souls game

same. it's the most epic fight in the game

Dec 26, 2012

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

Hmmmmm

*blows dust off of encyclopedia labeled 'Major Titles Without DLC'*

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

sector_corrector posted:

i still haven't gotten back to it, but i'll give that a try

here i uploaded a video of me beating them on the character i used to beat ebrietas (mostly cos i wanted to try uploading a video lol):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oc_OIJiWXBI

i can kill them without using a vial so this is really messy but whatever. also, i accidentally started murking the candle guy before the mage before i remembered half way through killing him that i wanted to show off what its like killing him last instead of second. anyway, you can see at the end how the candle guy dodges to your right every time you hit him... theres a rhythm to making him do it but its easy enough.

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

i would pay for more colorws of blood to spew out of enemies

paintball mode

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

gently caress chalice rom

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

i'm hoping dlc can make some cool pvp chalice modes.
new main game areas are a given .

AHungryRobot
Oct 12, 2012

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

gently caress chalice rom

The pillars block his ice meteors.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Bloodletting beast is a good and fun fight

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
my fav boss is abhorrent beast

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
i went back for my fourth try, and got them fairly easily, but ty for the video. switching to the longsword mode of the kh and using bolt paper really did the trick.

i just got to rom and got it down to about half health before it killed me. i only had four vials left though, because i'd taken down the rear end in a top hat hunter with the cane sword previously, and i think i could've maybe even done it if i'd had full vials. i feel like the trick is to avoid the baby spiders.

i also went back to ioesfska's clinic, and holy poo poo she's a hard fight... lol, i also didn't realize until just now you could choose to send people to her instead :pwn:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

the trick to rom is to trigger the same glitch I came across where when I jumped down all of the baby spiders instantly spawned and didn't use any attacks so I cleared all of them out before initiating the fight. this was on my second playthrough and after the patch that fixed the memory overflow bug so idk what happened there but it was cool.