Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Salmiakki

Gone Fashing posted:

one - nothing wrong with me
two - nothing wrong with me

https://twitter.com/sallymiakki
ty cat dynamite

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bacalou

not that I should be surprised but GTA online is full of immature dickheads that subscribe to the maxim "if I can't win, neither can you".

but then again the game rewards people for good sportsmanship and eventually shunts lovely players to their own servers full of jerks, so hopefully things will improve

Korean Boomhauer

Pro Target posted:

i just bought a grafix table tot play Osu better after playing for 2 days because im an idiot who uses consumer electronics to fill a gaping void in my life,and i own 10-15 different game specific controllers also

im considering spending 300 dollars on a racing wheel to drive trucks around europe

Korean Boomhauer

bacalou posted:

not that I should be surprised but GTA online is full of immature dickheads that subscribe to the maxim "if I can't win, neither can you".

but then again the game rewards people for good sportsmanship and eventually shunts lovely players to their own servers full of jerks, so hopefully things will improve

the end result of this will be the bad player servers will have 90% of the population on them

Chill la Chill

Don't lose your gay

Korean Boomhauer posted:

im considering spending 300 dollars on a racing wheel to drive trucks around europe

Nice. I got a really good Fanatec one for forza a couple years ago. It's nice and weighty but you do need to use bike oil on the pedals every now and then.

Apparently I'm #1 Kotori fan

thank you matoi and vanisher for the sigs, lovely dad for the cool av

GEExCEE

Nice. I just got a sick mech warrior pod, it's got 100% simulated bifruminary laser-guided MODT systems, a hyperX core rated to 99.9% g-factors, and a poly-ply full stock-rated coolant shell. The contact-implant imaging resolution is insane - truly highly dynamic battles when things get hot! Ahhh... had to sell all my warhams and mom is gonna be pissed that I can't pay rent for a few months, but definitely worth it, especially considering the pilot's catheter and waste disposal system can be easily retrofitted to a biofuel generator, allowing for virtually endless playtime when combined with hypersleep nooroutines and a simple rig for the delivery of a nutrient-dense paste to the gut. Epic win.

3D Megadoodoo

I got a rock.

bacalou

why do people cheat in online games

is validation that hard to come by in their lives

3D Megadoodoo

bacalou posted:

why do people cheat in online games

is validation that hard to come by in their lives

for the ebin lulz or something like that? at least that's what all the HAY GUNES COME GRIEF STUPID NUBES IN [some lame-as-gently caress mmo game] threads over the years have lead me to believe.

3D Megadoodoo

oh no wait that's the reason for playing on-line games, not for cheating in them.

i guess i just dont know :iiam:

ron color

Jerry Cotton posted:

for the ebin lulz or something like that? at least that's what all the HAY GUNES COME GRIEF STUPID NUBES IN [some lame-as-gently caress mmo game] threads over the years have lead me to believe.

what does all this mean

Pro Target

most people ive talked to who cheat do it just out curiosity (same reason i hacked in counter-strike when i was 13)

Pro Target

Also actually writing cheats is extremely fun and technically challenging which is another reason someone might do it

SamEyeAm

Make it idiot proof and someone will make a better idiot.
I just threw down $60 for TSO Tamriel unlimited and am regretting it. it's not so great.

Yobgoblin

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Gta V

Awesome!

Ready for adventure!

SamEyeAm posted:

I just threw down $60 for TSO Tamriel unlimited and am regretting it. it's not so great.

sorry about your $60

GoodbyeTurtles

:suezo:

SamEyeAm posted:

you hosed up

Pomp

by Fluffdaddy
anyone buying TSO after the past two years deserves their fate

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Pro Target

seriously

landy.
which character should I start with in guilty gear and which one is the most offense heavy?

Pro Target

Jerry Gears

Scaly Haylie

i mmmmmmight check out ESO if there's a big discount during the summer sale.

Pro Target

ffs

Pomp

by Fluffdaddy

landy. posted:

which character should I start with in guilty gear and which one is the most offense heavy?

Literally all of them have a good offense relative to street fighter, so it just depends on what kind of offense you want and what kind of neutral game you want to play. The characters I'd recommend most to someone coming from street fighter are Slayer, Ky, Sol, and Faust.

Slayer's offense is all about getting a counterhit with okay mix ups, so if you're used to playing frametrap heavy offense he's your man. His neutral is weird because instead of dashes he has fixed range teleports that remove him from the field for a few frames, effectively letting him dash through projectiles, but people can call it out pretty easy if they expect you to do it.

Ky has a strong (but not the best, that belongs to venom) zoning game, good buttons, decent safejump based mix ups (or greed server/slide if you're loving awful or playing in high lag), and pressure that feels endless when you're stuck on the receiving end of it. He plays similarly to Ryu, but, y'know, at Guilty Gear speed. His unique mechanic involves placing gates on the field that power up his projectiles.

Sol is a loving gorilla. His mix ups aren't great at all, but his pressure tools are positive on block and his command throw has potential to be the most damaging in the game. His pressure game is about staying in your face until you crack, or get thrown. His pressure can be turned around in an instant by someone with experience dealing with it, but even so he's a solid A tier character because if they're just a few frames off on their attempt to stop you then they're eating 40%+ of their life.

Faust is really good, but offense isn't his strong suit. Very similar playstyle to Chun Li, but with a random item toss mechanic instead of fireballs.

Actual best offense goes to Millia and Zato hands down, but they have to play impeccable, and patient neutral games because they have no defensive tools, and no zoning options. Millia's got good buttons and stupid speed, but dies in 2-3 combos from every one in the game but Millia. Zato is the worst character in the game without his puppet out, is very technical, and frankly there's only like 2 or 3 people in the world that make Zato shine.

If you're a slave to the tiers(any character can take a tournament in guilty, so don't be), they're still both top 3 characters along with Faust or Elphelt depending on who you ask.

----------------

Pomp

by Fluffdaddy
This is what happens when someone actually catches Millia

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tT_8-iUFBlI&t=3134s

----------------

Pomp

by Fluffdaddy
Definitely do not play Venom, because he's hard on a technical level, and extremely hard on a gameplan level. He's good in Xrd, but it takes a lot of time and frustration. Just achieving basic competency with all of Venom's tools is something that takes months. One bad ball set, one whiffed button, one misjudged confirm and you're probably gonna dead within the next 15 seconds.

I say this as a Venom player.

----------------

Scaly Haylie

i mean a BIG one. at least 50% off.

landy.

Pomp posted:

Literally all of them have a good offense relative to street fighter, so it just depends on what kind of offense you want and what kind of neutral game you want to play. The characters I'd recommend most to someone coming from street fighter are Slayer, Ky, Sol, and Faust.

Slayer's offense is all about getting a counterhit with okay mix ups, so if you're used to playing frametrap heavy offense he's your man. His neutral is weird because instead of dashes he has fixed range teleports that remove him from the field for a few frames, effectively letting him dash through projectiles, but people can call it out pretty easy if they expect you to do it.

Ky has a strong (but not the best, that belongs to venom) zoning game, good buttons, decent safejump based mix ups (or greed server/slide if you're loving awful or playing in high lag), and pressure that feels endless when you're stuck on the receiving end of it. He plays similarly to Ryu, but, y'know, at Guilty Gear speed. His unique mechanic involves placing gates on the field that power up his projectiles.

Sol is a loving gorilla. His mix ups aren't great at all, but his pressure tools are positive on block and his command throw has potential to be the most damaging in the game. His pressure game is about staying in your face until you crack, or get thrown. His pressure can be turned around in an instant by someone with experience dealing with it, but even so he's a solid A tier character because if they're just a few frames off on their attempt to stop you then they're eating 40%+ of their life.

Faust is really good, but offense isn't his strong suit. Very similar playstyle to Chun Li, but with a random item toss mechanic instead of fireballs.

Actual best offense goes to Millia and Zato hands down, but they have to play impeccable, and patient neutral games because they have no defensive tools, and no zoning options. Millia's got good buttons and stupid speed, but dies in 2-3 combos from every one in the game but Millia. Zato is the worst character in the game without his puppet out, is very technical, and frankly there's only like 2 or 3 people in the world that make Zato shine.

If you're a slave to the tiers(any character can take a tournament in guilty, so don't be), they're still both top 3 characters along with Faust or Elphelt depending on who you ask.

I'm used to sf4 Sakura, but I've played as ryu, so I'll go with ky for now. thank you.

Pomp

by Fluffdaddy
Sakura with good fireballs is probably a better description of him than Ryu, to be honest.

The challenge modes are actually good, and teach you a lot of useful things, even if the combos themselves aren't optimal. Guilty Gear is a lot more technical than SF4, and there's a lot to learn, so it serves you best if you can just take it one thing a time. Ky's got some microdash mid-combo stuff that takes some practice and getting used to, but save picking that stuff up for later.

Basic Ky combos (and everyone but venom and Ramlethal, to be honest) are just dial-a-combo chain into sweep or a slide.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RF1QTDpgM0Q

Only thing here that's not accurate is FRC's got replaced with YRC, he has no DP followup in Xrd, and the force break mechanic is gone altogether, so D stun edge doesn't exist. Everything else you'd need to know can be found on his dustloop forum.

----------------

Scaly Haylie

this is real.

Yobgoblin

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Lizard Wizard posted:

this is real.

People pay for anything...

Looke

SamEyeAm posted:

hahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahaha

Pro Target

just dont buy bethesdas lovely MMO. its easy. ive been doing it for years

Pro Target

50% off is still 30 dollars. you could get like 5 good games on steam for that price. or a (non-rare) ds game like bangai-o spirits or eba or disgaea

saboten

everyone play disgaea

thank u bacalou

3D Megadoodoo

saboten posted:

everyone play disgaea

i have two disgaeas. one day i will play them.

tao of lmao

saboten posted:

everyone play disgaea

landy.

Pomp posted:

Sakura with good fireballs is probably a better description of him than Ryu, to be honest.

The challenge modes are actually good, and teach you a lot of useful things, even if the combos themselves aren't optimal. Guilty Gear is a lot more technical than SF4, and there's a lot to learn, so it serves you best if you can just take it one thing a time. Ky's got some microdash mid-combo stuff that takes some practice and getting used to, but save picking that stuff up for later.

Basic Ky combos (and everyone but venom and Ramlethal, to be honest) are just dial-a-combo chain into sweep or a slide.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RF1QTDpgM0Q

Only thing here that's not accurate is FRC's got replaced with YRC, he has no DP followup in Xrd, and the force break mechanic is gone altogether, so D stun edge doesn't exist. Everything else you'd need to know can be found on his dustloop forum.

I have XXAC+R so there isn't a challenge mode, but i'll go nto training mode and try the combos in the video and on the forums.

landy.
Why doesn't every fighting game have a challenge mode, and why doesn't it get added to re releases?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VWVWV

Pro Target posted:

50% off is still 30 dollars. you could get like 5 good games on steam for that price. or a (non-rare) ds game like bangai-o spirits or eba or disgaea
bangai-o spirits is so much fun, holy poo poo. I didn't know anybody else played that game

all the souls talk got me to play through dark souls again and now all the fighting game talk has me dusting off the hori pad too. byob games thread is ruining my life