Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

LateToTheParty posted:

I never did buy the concept that Norman Osborn somehow becoming in charge of the upper echelons of government but I thought the premise was hilarious because he was so cartoonishly evil and the fact that everyone he interacted with basically knew he was lunatic who could kill them all.

We had eight years of a guy with no heartbeat who shot a friend of his in the face and made that guy apologize to him as the second most powerful guy in the country.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

Trust me, you are taking this a lot more seriously then I am.
He might be insane but look at how low my tax rate is and how miserable the poors are!

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

SirDan3k posted:

He might be insane but look at how low my tax rate is and how miserable the poors are!

Norman Osborn would be too liberal for current republicans.

Lord_Ventnor
Mar 30, 2010

The Worldwide Deadly Gangster Communist President
Pretty sure the NRA would love him though. After all, doesn't the 2nd amendment protect your right to own murdergliders and bombs painted like pumpkins?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I'd vote for Norman. Imagine that campaign.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Rhyno posted:

I'd vote for Norman. Imagine that campaign.

Well, he'd definitely shut down a bridge into New York City to manipulate voters...

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

Any candidate that is anti-Jersey has my vote.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Convergence: The Atom #2 brings Ryan Choi back to life :)

:stare:

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Sockser posted:

Any candidate that is anti-Jersey has my vote.

That's every single candidate who isn't campaigning in Jersey though...

djw175
Apr 23, 2012

by zen death robot

mind the walrus posted:

That's every single candidate who isn't campaigning in Jersey though...

To be fair, that's most of them campaigning in Jersey, too.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
No context.

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

Teenage Fansub posted:

Silver age as gently caress

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

And yet with just a hint, a garnish, of Modern DC in that somebody's getting a loving arm chopped of.

I swear to God, somebody in that company has a dismemberment fetish.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

Teenage Fansub posted:

"I'm tired of all these jokes about my giant hand. The first such incident occurred in..."

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

hup posted:

... that's an awfully white-looking Ryan Choi (does he have blue eyes?)

And yes, I was about to ask if Geoff Johns wrote that because of the limb getting chopped off.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Wait, was Ryan Choi like, in his bloodstream or something?

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Thats pretty loving horrifying.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

fadam posted:

Wait, was Ryan Choi like, in his bloodstream or something?

Okay...

Ray Palmer had been going crazy under a domed city for a year, hearing voices with his only remaining power being to enlarge his hand.
Turns out Ryan was trapped in something like what shrinking guys have instead of the speed force. I think he called it the "mass dimension" (no idea if that was made up for this comic) and Ray's schizophrenia was Ryan's voice and his inflat-o hand was Ryan lending him his mass.
That page is how Ray let Ryan get out, and later Ryan grows Ray's hand back by stealing the mass from Deathstroke's, making them all tiny.

Yup.

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 01:55 on May 11, 2015

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer

hup posted:

Seems this post is pretty accurate.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Teenage Fansub posted:

Okay...

Ray Palmer had been going crazy under a domed city for a year, hearing voices with his only remaining power being to enlarge his hand.
Turns out Ryan was trapped in something like what shrinking guys have instead of the speed force. I think he called it the "mass dimension" (no idea if that was made up for this comic) and Ray's schizophrenia was Ryan's voice and his inflat-o hand was Ryan lending him his mass.
That page is how Ray let Ryan get out, and later Ryan grows Ray's hand back by stealing the mass from Deathstroke's, making them all tiny.

Yup.

I really hope Tiny-Hands Deathstroke makes it into the new Post 52 Universe.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Teenage Fansub posted:

Okay...

Yup.

I love comics.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

fadam posted:

I love comics.

And yet people think we take them so seriously

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Slade totally deserves that for creeping on Raven during the whole 'Birthmark' story arc.
Yeah, different continuity, but whatever.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

fadam posted:

I love comics.

:hfive: (but with tiny hands)

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

In this comic, the role of Ryan Choi will be played by Stardust the Super-Wizard.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

TwoPair posted:

Stardust the Super-Wizard.

I knew it reminded me of something.

Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

Trolling Link for a decade

Teenage Fansub posted:

When Deathstroke killed him, he was somehow able to send his mind/spirit/sentience to the mass dimension, his only connection back to this dimension was Ray who is the only other human, it seems, who is accessing the mass dimension. It was briefly similar in some respects to the Rick Jones/Captain Marvel kind of deal. The mass dimension dates back to Power of the Atom in 1985, when they tried to update his character by making him face grimdark and conspiracy issues.

quote:

Yup.

It could have been a lot worse as Deathstroke was there to kill Ray, and I'm pretty sure Ryan was more than a little upset at having been run through with a sword.

In this continuity, Deathstroke wanted out of the assassin business and didn't want anyone to remember him, Ray spoiled that by bitching on live TV that he was dedicated to avenging Ryan's death and outed him as the murderer.

That poo poo-eating grin on Ryan's face says to me "I could've killed Deathstroke but this.. this is a much better fate" :v:

Also pretty sure Julius Schwartz would have approved of this!

Binary Badger fucked around with this message at 05:35 on May 11, 2015

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

I hope someone will taunt Slade with a joke about his hands finally being the right size for "Deathstroking". Then Slade kills him by dual-wielding toothpicks.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

The MSJ posted:

I hope someone will taunt Slade with a joke about his hands finally being the right size for "Deathstroking". Then Slade kills him by dual-wielding toothpicks. Cocktail swords.

There we go.

Knives Amilli
Sep 26, 2014
Slade now can have a stellar career in aircraft maintenance

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost
Like Pringles with fingers...

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

I can't upload it to Imgur for some reason, but the DKR bit in the last Squirrel Girl is hilarious.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

fadam posted:

I can't upload it to Imgur for some reason, but the DKR bit in the last Squirrel Girl is hilarious.

Here it is, with bonus Newspaper Squirrel Girl:

Unbeatable Squirrel Girl #5

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Alright, maybe I'll read Squirrel Girl after all.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

a kitten posted:

Alright, maybe I'll read Squirrel Girl after all.

I thought it was just going to be a bunch of try-hard memey dookie, but it's actually really good imo. I think the past 3 issues have been fantastic.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
Ryan North (thw writer) sometimes feels like he has only one style of humour. If you like it you can read anything he's ever written and enjoy it (Unbeatable SQ, Qwantz.com, To Be or Not To Be) but if you don't you'll tire fast.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Ryan North named so many of my favorite projects by accident. It was kind of his thing for a while.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Pierson posted:

Ryan North (thw writer) sometimes feels like he has only one style of humour. If you like it you can read anything he's ever written and enjoy it (Unbeatable SQ, Qwantz.com, To Be or Not To Be) but if you don't you'll tire fast.
His page-by-page breakdown of the BTTF novelization was really fun to read, but it's long, so I recommend not trying to cram it all at once.

Diet Poison
Jan 20, 2008

LICK MY ASS

This panel, specifically Cyclops' face/pose, seems like it should be an Olde Tyme Caption Contest. Anyone up for it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Diet Poison posted:

This panel, specifically Cyclops' face/pose, seems like it should be an Olde Tyme Caption Contest. Anyone up for it?

I like where your head's at.