Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Neutron bomb the planet so both sides can get hosed and shut up imo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

site posted:

Neutron bomb the planet so both sides can get hosed and shut up imo

I believe that unpacking the petty, vicious tribalism of a thread dedicated to wringing its hands over petty, vicious tribalism is a valid line of discussion.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

paranoid randroid posted:

I believe that unpacking the petty, vicious tribalism of a thread dedicated to wringing its hands over petty, vicious tribalism is a valid line of discussion.

Is dnd any better than the people the forum is (now) dedicated to blasting?

The obvious answer is if you have to ask: no.

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.
No, you see, we have to writhe and slather ourselves in the suffering of our enemies, because that is what right-thinking left-wing individuals of ourselves is supposed to do. Remember, only people who support us deserve sympathy, and anyone else is a filthy loving animal who should die in diseased agony for their sins.

ALL HAIL ATHEIST ALLAH!

Dirk the Average
Feb 7, 2012

"This may have been a mistake."

On the other hand, the soon to be blind guy got exactly what he voted for and wanted. He should be ecstatic! The system is working perfectly according to the political beliefs that he holds.

Yeah, it sucks that he's going to lose his eyesight, and I'd prefer dragging him and all of his ilk kicking and screaming over to nationalized health care so that this wouldn't have happened in the first place (especially since he'd have seen a doctor at the first sign of trouble and avoided the whole mess). On the other hand, he was literally asking for the current outcome.

Anniversary
Sep 12, 2011

I AM A SHIT-FESTIVAL
:goatsecx:

Screaming Idiot posted:

Everyone should have access to proper medical care, but because this guy voted for someone we don't like, he should be allowed to go blind and beg for help while living in the gutter. This is something we should be saying, and is in no way merely a slightly rephrased right-wing talking point.

I should hope no one literally wants whats most likely going to happen to this guy to happen. But the fact that its happening in no small part because of his own hubris is probably why so many people are reacting the way your criticizing.

I think people are just jaded that someone who decided they didn't need insurance, is still railing against insurance, and yet would be so much better off if they just had insurance.

It's a terrible situation.

beatlegs
Mar 11, 2001

While I think this dude is obnoxious and stupid, I also think its a shame he's having to beg to pay his bills. Because that's hosed up and society should provide for everyone, including the obnoxious and stupid.

Everyone deserves equal access to health care, including this guy. But on a personal level, it's not a shame. It's his own fault. He's not developmentally disabled, he's not brain damaged. He's in this situation because chose to be.

Faustian Bargain
Apr 12, 2014

People would be more sympathetic if he wasn't still jacking off to team-sport politics, but that's no excuse to say "gently caress that guy! have fun being blind republitard!"

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

beatlegs posted:

Everyone deserves equal access to health care, including this guy. But on a personal level, it's not a shame. It's his own fault. He's not developmentally disabled, he's not brain damaged. He's in this situation because chose to be.

This is all broadly true, however I still feel it to be fairly fuckin rococo to cackle gleefully about him losing his house. Which is mostly just that one guy, but still underlines the oddly triumphant tone a few people are taking towards some idiot going blind from spite-related complications.

beatlegs
Mar 11, 2001

I don't think anyone has said he deserves blindness, have they?

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
He deserves blindness.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

site posted:

He deserves blindness.

hosed up if true

Dirk the Average
Feb 7, 2012

"This may have been a mistake."
It's funny. In an alternate world, this guy gets insurance at a reasonable rate thanks to the affordable care act allowing a diabetic person to get a premium he or she can afford. He then has a health issue, goes to the doctor, everything is covered and he goes right back to work.

This could, and should, have been a poster story for how well the affordable care act can help people. Instead, he's going blind and blames the law that, had he complied with, would have saved his vision and livelihood.

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound
gently caress this guy and gently caress the "mean liberal" concern trolling. Every step of this process he's chosen the option to make his situation worse. Society benefits more by making an example of him.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

site posted:

Uh dunno if you've noticed but lots of rich people are Republican.

Yeah, but how did they get all of it in the first place?

RACHET posted:

It comes from all the taxes they aren't paying.

I was starting to assume that it was just what site said and they were doing trickle down economics in such that they take their money and pass it down to their kids and no one else benefits from it.

Screaming Idiot posted:

Ha, man, those conservatives sure are assholes for mocking the sick and mentally unstable, aren't they? Now let us informed, reasonable, compassionate liberals point and laugh at a man who's lost his job and will eventually lose his eyesight because he's incapable of critical thinking.

Hello, yes I am the blackhearted liberal laughing at the man who could've bought insurance and afforded it instead deciding not to do so and having it bite him in the rear end.

I also laughed when I found out Steve Jobs decided to eat a bunch of apples instead of actually getting chemo nine months too late.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Davethulhu posted:

gently caress this guy and gently caress the "mean liberal" concern trolling. Every step of this process he's chosen the option to make his situation worse. Society benefits more by making an example of him.

agreed. as a supporter of the death penalty, i

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Davethulhu posted:

You seem strident.

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound

Popular Thug Drink posted:

agreed. as a supporter of the death penalty, i

Other than concern trolling, what is your solution?

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

RareAcumen posted:

Hello, yes I am the blackhearted liberal laughing at the man who could've bought insurance and afforded it instead deciding not to do so and having it bite him in the rear end.

I also laughed when I found out Steve Jobs decided to eat a bunch of apples instead of actually getting chemo nine months too late.

Yes, this is absolutely how we should feel! Never mind that our system is so loving broken that he's living in poverty and slowly going blind, let us rejoice in the fact that he didn't support the glorious leftist cause and is receiving divine punishment for his sins! Never mind the fact that in a society with a decent, well-run healthcare system he wouldn't need to worry about cutoff dates and medical bills of any sort, he must suffer for his own stubbornness! We should rejoice in the suffering of the stupid so we can sit back and nod to ourselves, content that we are, in fact, simply better than those petty, childish conservatives.

esto es malo
Aug 3, 2006

Don't want to end up a cartoon

In a cartoon graveyard

Davethulhu posted:

dont be mean to idiot racists in the south, basically is what his objective is

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

joeburz posted:

I dunno if I'd even go that far. He just copped to trolling the poo poo out of you guys in the chat thread.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
gently caress that guy that's going blind, he's a piece of poo poo.

Hopefully the system changes and he gets help. Sucks that he'll never admit that he hosed himself with his choices, but you can't expect everyone to be self-aware enough to realize that certain people are manipulating them into destroying themselves.

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound

joeburz posted:

Counterpoint: be mean to idiot racists wherever they reside

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
He's mad he can't essentially pull of an insurance scam. Why am I supposed to feel bad? Sure I wish he wasn't going blind, that's not something I want to happen to anybody but if I'm putting people in categories he's like a rung above some otuer guy who blinded himself trying to become Daredevil.

Sucks, but you're a loving dumbass. Hope you learned a lesson at least. Have fun begging on the internet and feeling all the worse for it because you demonized people for needing help.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Davethulhu posted:

i'm not concern trolling, i'm directly cricizing. there is a difference

the solution to "hey you guys are being unnecessarily spiteful" is "stop being so spiteful"

meditate on these words and maybe you will unlock the true meaning

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich
i too assume the south carolina man who has different politics than me and makes bad life choices is racist. this is a logical thing to think and not something i assume just to validate my feelings of petty tribalism. it couldn't be that, i am an enlightened and educated person

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Screaming Idiot posted:

Yes, this is absolutely how we should feel! Never mind that our system is so loving broken that he's living in poverty and slowly going blind, let us rejoice in the fact that he didn't support the glorious leftist cause and is receiving divine punishment for his sins! Never mind the fact that in a society with a decent, well-run healthcare system he wouldn't need to worry about cutoff dates and medical bills of any sort, he must suffer for his own stubbornness! We should rejoice in the suffering of the stupid so we can sit back and nod to ourselves, content that we are, in fact, simply better than those petty, childish conservatives.

Sorry, not sorry, you're not gonna stop me from laughing at 'man could've bought insurance but didn't, bites him in rear end' since I'm not sitting here nodding to myself saying 'good, the gene pool shall now be cleansed of another of those idiot republicans' I'm laughing at

still bitching about how they didn't help him despite knowing how our lovely medical care functioned in the Southern Carolina. Yeah, in a sane country we wouldn't be without a universal healthcare system and things are obviously broken and look that way to anyone who hasn't subscribed to Bootstraps monthly of the Just World Gazette.

Boy, I sure am glad you came here to tell me I can't laugh at people making stupid decisions.

I think you've got good work to do in this one too. http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3683302

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound

i'm not concern trolling, i'm directly cricizing. there is a difference

the solution to "hey you guys are being unnecessarily spiteful" is "stop being so spiteful"

meditate on these words and maybe you will unlock the true meaning

No, this is the very definition of concern trolling. My level of spite will have no effect on this idiot's outcome. What is your solution to his situation?

esto es malo
Aug 3, 2006

In a cartoon graveyard

site posted:

I dunno if I'd even go that far. He just copped to trolling the poo poo out of you guys in the chat thread.

i saw his post there, hes actually not trolling hes just a georgia boy that cant quite escape his racism apologia roots

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Davethulhu posted:

No, this is the very definition of concern trolling. My level of spite will have no effect on this idiot's outcome. What is your solution to his situation?

maybe you didn't understand me

when i said "hey you guys are really mean" i was not actually saying "we should send this guys some money" or "we should volunteer at a church for disabled people"

i can see where you might get confused, but when i said "some posts itt are mean" I was actually pointing out arguments in posts that were made itt

esto es malo
Aug 3, 2006

In a cartoon graveyard

someone else actually said they donated to one of those racist idiot gofundmes tho and i was kind of taken aback for a moment

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

joeburz posted:

someone else actually said they donated to one of those racist idiot gofundmes tho and i was kind of taken aback for a moment

Whaaaat

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

Davethulhu posted:

Seriouspost, I think a good solution involves a healthcare system free to all, paid for by the tax dollars we give to the government every single day. Obamacare's better than dying in the gutter, but not by much, and I am certain our tax dollars should be used to care our citizens instead of buying more toys for our military or lining the pockets of our corporate owners. Pointing and laughing at guys like our soon-to-be-blind conservative friend is buying into the us-versus-them rhetoric that sources like Fox News have been spoonfeeding us since day one.

We're not supposed to care about politics, we're supposed to care about people. Things like "this is what he asked for" and "what else did he expect" are just self-congratulatory circlejerking. The man's opinion is irrelevant -- he's clearly ignorant, but he doesn't deserve to lose his eyesight. I'd rather he got the care he needed when he needed it, regardless of his position. The man is bigoted, and more than likely a bit stupid, but he's a human being and an American citizen -- the fact he and millions of people like him are suffering as a result of a broken system is absolutely tragic.

They're the loving victims here. They contribute to their own downfall not because they're evil, but because they're ignorant. They absolutely deserve sympathy.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
There's a whole host of reasons to dislike that guy in the article that have nothing to do with his suffering or political affiliation.

I don't like hypocrites and I especially don't like ones who are johnny come latelys who get mad that they aren't catered to immediately when they get hosed by their own bullshit.

Hate him? No. Wish blindness upon him? No. Think he's a loving jerk who hasn't realized other people's suffering matters too? Yeah. The text clearly supports that much without me needing to opine on it. It's such a perfect situation if he was a talking animal I wouldve thought this was a native american myth/parable.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Davethulhu posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E2YVRu09nAo

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
They should force him to make back payments on insurance for however long he wasn't insured under the PPACA... just like how Japan's healthcare system operates.

This guy's the ticket to single payer.

beatlegs
Mar 11, 2001

Screaming Idiot posted:

We should rejoice in the suffering of the stupid so we can sit back and nod to ourselves, content that we are, in fact, simply better than those petty, childish conservatives.

It's not that he's less than, it's that he's part of the hate-fueled obstructionism preventing everyone, including him, from having equal access to health care. People on the left who are critical of people like this guy are frustrated, they're not looking for ways to feel superior. That's the right's game.

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound

maybe you didn't understand me

when i said "hey you guys are really mean" i was not actually saying "we should send this guys some money" or "we should volunteer at a church for disabled people"

i can see where you might get confused, but when i said "some posts itt are mean" I was actually pointing out arguments in posts that were made itt

ok, so you don't actually care about what happens to the guy, you're just sad about people being mean to southerners in general.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.
"Society should help that guy, who is a dumb piece of poo poo rear end in a top hat" is a perfectly valid opinion.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Davethulhu posted:

ok, so you don't actually care about what happens to the guy, you're just sad about people being mean to southerners in general.

i said in a previous post you can think that he's a moron who made bad decisions without cackling with glee at his misfortune

i dunno about other people but generally, wishing blindness and bad health on people you disagree with is, in my opinion, a bad thing to do