Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jato
Dec 21, 2009

DoggPickle posted:

apple Butter is Frickin' DELICIOUS

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Strong Mouse
Jun 11, 2012

You disrespect us. You drag corpses around. You steal, and you hurt feelings!

RRRRRRRAAAAARGH!

Prepare to die!
I'm here for tribal. I'll probably be a little sporadic since I'm on my phone.

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

we will go far into the sea
you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back

Strong Mouse posted:

I'm here for tribal. I'll probably be a little sporadic since I'm on my phone.

Samesies

AnAnonymousIdiot
Sep 14, 2013

I awaken for this grand moment of consequences.

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

Gosh, my first tribal council :neckbeard:

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Sexy tribe, welcome to Tribal Council. Some of you may still not have been to Tribal Council. Those people can dip their torches in the flames, get fire. The person with the most votes here tonight will have their torch snuffed, and in this game, fire represents life. When your torch goes out, so do your chances of claiming victory and the $75 grand prize.

During tribal council, you will NOT be permitted any outside communication with each other. You may only speak within the confines of the thread. We’re here tonight to have a conversation that will help you decide who you want to vote out of this game.

Similarly, if you are not involved in this tribal council, I ask you not to post in the thread during this time.

Once again, I am going to begin with some questions. They could be directed specifically to you, or they could be questions for everyone. I want you to answer the questions that apply to you. I may ask a follow-up question or two. In addition to answering my questions, if you are at Tribal, you are free to communicate, in thread, with each other as much as you'd like.

When you have given me sufficient responses, I will place a ✓ next to your name below, indicating you are approved to send me your vote. You may send your vote any time from that point until Tribal Council closes at 9:30PM. There may be no need to wait until then, or you may want to see what else happens in Tribal before submitting. Once I have received all votes, or once we hit the deadline, I will begin posting the results. If you do not submit a valid vote, your vote will be counted against yourself.

So, let’s get to it.

✓AnAnonymousIdiot, ✓AnonymousNarcotics, ✓CirclMastr, ✓imgay, ✓Jato, ✓MMM, Recursive, ✓Strong Mouse... One of you will be going home tonight.

Question for those who have not yet been to Tribal Council
It's been quite awhile, hasn't it? This game actually started one month ago tomorrow. Are you surprised this is your first Tribal? Why do you think it took so long for you to end up here?

Question for everybody
Last night's challenge, to put it bluntly, did not go according to plan. Some explanations have already been given, but let's get the story out here during this Tribal. Why did people not play the game seriously last night?

Fast Luck fucked around with this message at 02:22 on May 13, 2015

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
where fluck

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
It's been quite awhile, hasn't it? This game actually started one month ago tomorrow. Are you surprised this is your first Tribal? Why do you think it took so long for you to end up here?

It kind of weird to not lost yet in all the challenges so far, i guess mostly luck and being prepared and organized is a factor in a few challenges. lots of luck though.

Last night's challenge, to put it bluntly, did not go according to plan. Some explanations have already been given, but let's get the story out here during this Tribal. Why did people not play the game seriously last night?

circlmastr made some plan where we could all do okay with each other in all the tribes and vote out mutually agreed chaff from both.

Jato
Dec 21, 2009

Fast Luck posted:

Question for everybody

Cards against humanity is fun and I am sad I missed it. :( But yeah I just wasn't around because I am a baby and 10:30 is past my bedtime.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

imgay posted:

circlmastr made some plan where we could all do okay with each other in all the tribes and vote out mutually agreed chaff from both.
Would people agree that this was CirclMastr's plan? And, let's not beat around the bush. Who were the mutually agreed chaff on both tribes? I think it's a pretty open secret at this point.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Jato posted:

Cards against humanity is fun and I am sad I missed it. :( But yeah I just wasn't around because I am a baby and 10:30 is past my bedtime.
Are you aware that last night's challenge was not, in fact, Cards Against Humanity?

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
yeah why not. recursive and d.coil

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

Fast Luck posted:

AnAnonymousIdiot, AnonymousNarcotics, CirclMastr, imgay, Jato, MMM, Recursive, Strong Mouse... One of you will be going home tonight.

Not me, I have immunity!

quote:

I'm only surprised in the sense that I was surprised both tribes were going to council after the challenge. As for why it took so long for me to get here, it's a mix of skill and luck like the whole game has been: I've been fortunate to have strong tribe-mates, and I feel I've been a strong contributor myself.

quote:

Question for everybody

I will fess up to being the mastermind behind last night, such as there was one. Once everyone was permitted to communicate together, we got on Skype and pretty quickly came to the consensus on who would be voted out on each tribe. With that in mind, all it took to secure that was one trade to give myself the highest score and force out a tie everywhere else. It was purely done to keep immunity out of certain hands. Whether the actual voting goes according to said consensus, well, that remains to be seen.

Jato
Dec 21, 2009

Fast Luck posted:

Are you aware that last night's challenge was not, in fact, Cards Against Humanity?

:aaaaa:

Strong Mouse
Jun 11, 2012

RRRRRRRAAAAARGH!

Prepare to die!
Question for everybody:
Right at the start we were all in a call, and someone came up with a way to be able to make sure that some people that we all felt were deadweight could be kept from being safe.

I am sad that we probably ruined a game that people worked really hard at making, but I feel what we did was accomplished our goals while allowing us to get to know people on the other team.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

imgay posted:

yeah why not. recursive and d.coil
Thank you, imgay. For answering the tough question, I'm going to put a check mark by your name, indicating you are now cleared to vote in this Tribal Council.

When you're ready, submit your vote to me by PM. You can submit it in any form you'd like, but here's a handy template for those who aren't planning on creating something original:

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i sent my vote using own template you receive it?

AnAnonymousIdiot
Sep 14, 2013

Fast Luck posted:

Question for those who have not yet been to Tribal Council:

It felt like a drug had been pumped through the tribal air. Like being in the eye of the hurricane while the outside is ravaged like Total War: Attila. I felt comfortably numb, as people broke out booze and cake to fuel a jubilation. Victory has weakened me, and now I come here with a strange feeling in my eyes. I feel like the quality in portions of the original tribe had risen to the top, as well as Birthday magic. I am left in a state where I feel like I'm playing a Samurai Warriors game.

Fast Luck posted:

Question for everybody

Yes, things went a strange way where the idea had started and absorbed in the minds of both tribes. It was all that mattered compared in the end even as we all tried sharing rules - ostensibly to learn the game together. I'd say it was a rare moment, and on another time would have wanted me to dive head-first into the madness of market.

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
Sorry we ruined your game fast luck but it was a lot of fun getting to interact with people I haven't gotten a chance to know yet, like chic dogg rurea and garth. It was like a big party!

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Yes, I received it, imgay.

For CirclMastr and Strong Mouse
Your tribe has 8 members, and it's make up is 4 original Swole and 4 original Sexy. Is having a consensus vote evidence an indication that these tribal lines have melted away?

For Jato
Recursive has been fingered as the target tonight. He is an original Sexy, as are you. Does this put you in a vulnerable position?

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

AnonymousNarcotics posted:

Sorry we ruined your game fast luck but it was a lot of fun getting to interact with people I haven't gotten a chance to know yet, like chic dogg rurea and garth. It was like a big party!
Follow up question for you, just like the one that went to Jato
There are only four original Sexy players left in this game. Does that scare you? Are you secure?

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Fast Luck posted:

I guess? I never really had hard expectations about when I'd be going to tribal when we started. When I step back and take a look at it, it is a good number of days but when you're actually in the moment it doesn't feel like it. I guess because you can always lose the next challenge.

Fast Luck posted:

Question for everybody
You gave us a Genius game but there were no Genius motivations. The stakes were low so it wasn't played seriously. You know how at the start of every Genius episode they try to figure out a way for everybody to get garnets or something like that. We essentially succeeded at doing that in the first 15 minutes and then chilled for the next 75 minutes.

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

Fast Luck posted:

Your tribe has 8 members, and it's make up is 4 original Swole and 4 original Sexy. Is having a consensus vote evidence an indication that these tribal lines have melted away?

It's evidence of that, certainly. I think Ultra Sexy tribe has been fortunate to not have been tested in a tribal council soon after the merge, when the old tribal lines would obviously be strongest. We've had time to work together as a unified tribe and get to know each other, and we came to target Recursive based on what's best for Ultra Sexy. Given Ole Swole's dominance over on the other tribe, I think the next real test will be after the merge.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

AnAnonymousIdiot posted:

It felt like a drug had been pumped through the tribal air. Like being in the eye of the hurricane while the outside is ravaged like Total War: Attila. I felt comfortably numb, as people broke out booze and cake to fuel a jubilation. Victory has weakened me, and now I come here with a strange feeling in my eyes. I feel like the quality in portions of the original tribe had risen to the top, as well as Birthday magic. I am left in a state where I feel like I'm playing a Samurai Warriors game.

Jato
Dec 21, 2009

Fast Luck posted:

For Jato
Recursive has been fingered as the target tonight. He is an original Sexy, as are you. Does this put you in a vulnerable position?

There's definitely a little bit of concern that original swole might get all back together at a merge and destroy the few sexies left, but I'm not super worried about it right now. Ultra-Mega Sexy tribe is cool and I think we've all come to like eachother while dominating the past few challenges.

Strong Mouse
Jun 11, 2012

RRRRRRRAAAAARGH!

Prepare to die!

Fast Luck posted:

Yes, I received it, imgay.

I feel that, as far as I can tell, we really all see the current tribe as what we are. We have been together in our current tribe longer than we were in our originals, and we have done a really good job of winning, though I can't claim much credit for that.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

I guess? I never really had hard expectations about when I'd be going to tribal when we started. When I step back and take a look at it, it is a good number of days but when you're actually in the moment it doesn't feel like it. I guess because you can always lose the next challenge.

You gave us a Genius game but there were no Genius motivations. The stakes were low so it wasn't played seriously. You know how at the start of every Genius episode they try to figure out a way for everybody to get garnets or something like that. We essentially succeeded at doing that in the first 15 minutes and then chilled for the next 75 minutes.
Two questions for you, MMM
First, what does it feel like to be the sole remaining returning player in this game? Do you feel there is a target on your back?

Second, I'm not so sure I buy that Genius response coming from either tribe, but especially not yours. Your target is Recursive, that's been said here tonight. He wasn't even at the challenge and could not win immunity. Your tribe therefore had zero risk, and some of those rewards could end up being helpful in big moments in the game. What reason was there to reject the game we put in front of you, thus giving up the chances to win some of those rewards, while simultaneously gaining nothing by "breaking" the game?

Fast Luck fucked around with this message at 02:03 on May 13, 2015

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Question for all except imgay
Say you lose the Battleship challenge tomorrow. Who's going home?

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

Fast Luck posted:

I call not it!

Seriously though, it would almost certainly depend on who participates and why we lose. I will say that Jato's name also came up amid the giant Skype call simply for not being there, but he had explained what was going on earlier in the day so it fell to Recursive.

Strong Mouse
Jun 11, 2012

RRRRRRRAAAAARGH!

Prepare to die!

Fast Luck posted:

I'm really not going to think about who to send home until we lose. It would probably just frustrate me, and not let me be at my best.

Jato
Dec 21, 2009

Lose? Yeah right. :agesilaus:

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
Of course I feel like I'm at risk being a remaining member of Sexy. However, I think Super Sexy has really come together as a strong tribe and team since the swap. No one's place is secure but I'm not actively worried. Like I said a few tribals ago, I'm going for the Daisy Danger approach. Good at challenges, friends with everyone!

AnAnonymousIdiot
Sep 14, 2013

Fast Luck posted:

I want to say that it's not me. This is a situation that had been put off for so very long.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Remember to check the opening Tribal post to see if you have a check by your name and are eligible to vote.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Jato posted:

There's definitely a little bit of concern that original swole might get all back together at a merge and destroy the few sexies left, but I'm not super worried about it right now. Ultra-Mega Sexy tribe is cool and I think we've all come to like eachother while dominating the past few challenges.
Are you more worried now, having seen your name pop up?

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Fast Luck posted:

Two questions for you, MMM
First, what does it feel like to be the sole remaining returning player in this game? Do you feel there is a target on your back?

Well, it feels the same as when I was one of two returning players. I don't feel threatened right now, but that will probably change sometime after the merge. I think the biggest things I've done to help in team challenges have been organization based, but people are going to see me as a threat anyway. It's not really worth stressing out about right now though.

Fast Luck posted:

Second, I'm not so sure I buy that Genius response coming from either tribe, but especially not yours. Your target is Recursive, that's been said here tonight. He wasn't even at the challenge. Your tribe therefore had zero risk, and some of those rewards could end up being helpful in big moments in the game. What reason was there not to reject the game we put in front of you, thus giving up the chances to win some of those rewards, while simultaneously gaining nothing by "breaking" the game?

This is essentially my point though, we had zero risk, so why stress ourselves out for a couple of small advantages? It's a rocking the boat thing, before this challenge we assumed we would be at an even playing field for those things and now we're still on an even playing field. Nothing was lost.

Jato
Dec 21, 2009

Fast Luck posted:

Are you more worried now, having seen your name pop up?

A little, but I understand - most of the people who have been voted out thus far have simply been due to not being around for stuff, and I wasn't around last night. I have been here for every other challenge and event in the game though and would hope that just missing one immunity challenge (that didn't matter much anyway) would be held against me too much.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Fast Luck posted:

:gonk: battleship

As I said, I'm trying to take things as they come. Based on the way things are going it may come down to who is or isn't present at the challenge.

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

I submitted my vote.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jato
Dec 21, 2009

CirclMastr posted:

I submitted my vote.

same

• Locked thread