Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AnAnonymousIdiot
Sep 14, 2013

vote is sent.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

we will go far into the sea
you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
Fast luck what else can I do to be allowed to vote? I'm at rehearsal.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

The question you missed was about what on earth is going to happen if this tribe goes to tribal again after the next challenge.

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
Hmm that's a good question. I don't think we will. But if we do, I would of course be worried more about me and the other OG sexies. That would be the first tribal where it probably wouldn't be a consensus and that's scary.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Okay, you're all cleared to vote except for Recursive, who isn't here today.

Quick question, has anyone poked him by PM in the last few days?

AnAnonymousIdiot
Sep 14, 2013

Fast Luck posted:

Quick question, has anyone poked him by PM in the last few days?

I confess that I have not.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Just asking cuz it does look like he posted yesterday. If anyone thought they needed his vote, they probably could have prodded him, but it looks like there was a consensus to get rid of him for slacking.

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
last time recursive posted was in a mad men thread yesterday

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Submitted my vote

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

It's time to tally the votes. Once the votes are read, the decision is final.

Recursive. That's one vote Recursive.

Recursive. Two votes Recursive.

Three votes Recursive. Naked Jeff seems to be a theme here in the Sexy tribe.

That's four votes Recursive.

Just need one more vote.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

The 6th person eliminated from the game,

Recursive. Bring me your torch.

The tribe has spoken.

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
Hey you didn't post my vote :/ I thought it was clever

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

Of course Naked Jeff is a theme, this IS the Sexy tribe after all.

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
your the one who discovered jeff's dangley dong too, not fair

DoggPickle
Jan 16, 2004

LAFFO
Am I allowed to talk now? I really appreciated the infinite loop gif.

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
Here was my vote for the record

http://www.imgur.com/ZDi39hC.png

I enjoyed it.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

?

DoggPickle
Jan 16, 2004

LAFFO

Is it just RE in cursive? That's a funny pun. Otherwise I don't get it :downs:

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

That's pretty clever actually, kudos :golfclap:

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Swole tribe, welcome to Tribal Council. You've been here before. The person with the most votes here tonight will have their torch snuffed, and in this game, fire represents life. When your torch goes out, so do your chances of claiming victory and the $75 grand prize.

During tribal council, you will NOT be permitted any outside communication with each other. You may only speak within the confines of the thread. We’re here tonight to have a conversation that will help you decide who you want to vote out of this game.

Similarly, if you are not involved in this Tribal Council, I ask you not to post in the thread during this time.

Once again, I am going to begin with some questions. They could be directed specifically to you, or they could be questions for everyone. I want you to answer the questions that apply to you. I may ask a follow-up question or two. In addition to answering my questions, if you are at Tribal, you are free to communicate, in thread, with each other as much as you'd like.

When you have given me sufficient responses, I will place a ✓ next to your name below, indicating you are approved to send me your vote by PM. You may send your vote any time from that point until Tribal Council closes at 10:30PM. You may use the following vote template, but it is not required:

Once I have received all votes, or once we hit the deadline, I will begin posting the results. If you do not submit a valid vote, your vote will be counted against yourself.

So, let’s get to it.

✓Chic Trombone, ✓DoggPickle, ✓garthoneye, you're immune at tonight's Tribal Council. ✓D. Coil, Rurea... One of you will be going home tonight.

Question for all
During last night's challenge, the Sexy tribe came to a unified agreement on whom to vote out. This seems to suggest they're a unified group. Worried about your position in the merger?

Fast Luck fucked around with this message at 03:17 on May 13, 2015

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

Fast Luck posted:

Question for all
During last night's challenge, the Sexy tribe came to a unified agreement on whom to vote out. This seems to suggest they're a unified group. Worried about your position in the merger?

Not super worried atm. Probably I'll worry once the merger actually takes place, but we have a bit before that happens so why stress out about it now?

DoggPickle
Jan 16, 2004

LAFFO

Fast Luck posted:

Question for all

Nopers!!

garthoneeye
Feb 18, 2013

I've been worried about the merge for like two tribal councils now. I certainly hope this vote was just the one vote they could agree on and that there are cracks in the other tribe that would allow us room to work.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Chic Trombone posted:

Not super worried atm. Probably I'll worry once the merger actually takes place, but we have a bit before that happens so why stress out about it now?
One could argue that if you only think of the next Tribal, and never think ahead, you'll be led into elimination like a lamb to the slaughter. It's happened before in Awful Survivor. If you lose next challenge, it will be one of the four of you going home. And after that, come the merger, it also could be one of you again. What are you doing to ensure your safety down the line?

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Why not? The other tribe just voted 8-0 to eliminate Recursive. Do you see cracks in that tribe you can exploit come merge time?

imidge
Aug 16, 2003

Fast Luck posted:

Question for all

I think us Swoles have done more than enough to prove our unity as a group. It's a shame myself or Rurea has to go home tonight but that doesn't change the fact that we've been tight knit and hopefully will continue to be as this game progresses.

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

Fast Luck posted:

One could argue that if you only think of the next Tribal, and never think ahead, you'll be led into elimination like a lamb to the slaughter. It's happened before in Awful Survivor. If you lose next challenge, it will be one of the four of you going home. And after that, come the merger, it also could be one of you again. What are you doing to ensure your safety down the line?

Oh I mean I'm thinking ahead, yeah, I just meant to say I wasn't stressing out about it. In regards to "ensuring my safety", I'm just trying to be a chill person really.

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

Also it's not hard for a group to be unified when there's one obvious person to vote out who just isn't there all the time. Once the other tribe has excised those people there are sure to be some cracks

DoggPickle
Jan 16, 2004

LAFFO

Fast Luck posted:

I'm not sure if I have to answer this one or not, but at least you've already said that it's battleship, so hopefully luck will actually be on our side for once. THERE BETTER NOT BE A one dot SUBMARINE.

My general game strategy is to think 3 moves ahead. Anything less and you lose.. anything more and you go CRA-CRA and still lose, :dance:

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

garthoneeye posted:

I've been worried about the merge for like two tribal councils now. I certainly hope this vote was just the one vote they could agree on and that there are cracks in the other tribe that would allow us room to work.
For all except D. Coil
I'm glad at least one person is worried about what happens come merge time. But, that being the case, I have to ask this:
10 of you were in a Skype chat together, all sharing your rules. D. Coil was sitting alone on AIM with only his own rule. There were multiple advantages available in the challenge that could win you immunity come merge time. Extra money in the auction, or an advantage in the challenge.

So my question is, were you so confident there were cracks in their alliance, that you didn't think it worth bothering to grab those advantages? All it would've taken would be trading one coconut to a buddy.

Or, were you so afraid of D. Coil winning 1 on 10 that you thought you had no choice but to not even try for the advantages?

Or is there some other explanation I'm not seeing? Too afraid to stick your head out and make waves? What was it?

Fast Luck fucked around with this message at 02:51 on May 13, 2015

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

D. Coil posted:

I think us Swoles have done more than enough to prove our unity as a group. It's a shame myself or Rurea has to go home tonight but that doesn't change the fact that we've been tight knit and hopefully will continue to be as this game progresses.
You haven't missed a single Tribal Council. You've attended, I believe, two of the last three challenges.

The other tribe announced during their Tribal Council moments ago that your tribe threw the challenge to prevent you from winning immunity. What's your reaction to that?

imidge
Aug 16, 2003

My reaction is that I don't care what the other tribe thinks.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

D. Coil posted:

My reaction is that I don't care what the other tribe thinks.
Has anyone contacted you about this vote? Have you heard anything to indicate your tribe not playing last night's challenge, not making a single trade, could mean something other than your departure tonight?

DoggPickle
Jan 16, 2004

LAFFO

Fast Luck posted:

Why not? The other tribe just voted 8-0 to eliminate Recursive. Do you see cracks in that tribe you can exploit come merge time?

It's really easy to drop someone who never shows up. It's not a slight against that person IRL. Maybe they have stuff to do, or maybe they don't have the patience for this game. It doesn't really matter. I think everyone has been super cool about giving people a chance that WANTED to play, even though they were more dangerous than others. I respect everyone for that. We're going to have a fun game where everyone is in it to win it. And that's the best version of Surivior. :dance:

Sorry I just love the Dance thing. It makes me happy!

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

Fast Luck posted:

For all except D. Coil
I'm glad at least one person is worried about what happens come merge time. But, that being the case, I have to ask this:
10 of you were in a Skype chat together, all sharing your rules. D. Coil was sitting alone on AIM with only his own rule. There were multiple advantages available in the challenge that could win you immunity come merge time. Extra money in the auction, or an advantage in the challenge.

So my question is, were you so confident there were cracks in their alliance, that you didn't think it worth bothering to grab those advantages? All it would've taken would be trading one coconut to a buddy.

Or, were you so afraid of D. Coil winning 1 on 10 that you thought you had no choice but to not even try for the advantages?

Or is there some other explanation I'm not seeing? Too afraid to stick your head out and make waves? What was it?

We didn't want to risk it + we really just wanted to all chill. Nobody cared that much about the advantages so we just.... chilled. With cards against humanity.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

DoggPickle posted:

It's really easy to drop someone who never shows up. It's not a slight against that person IRL. Maybe they have stuff to do, or maybe they don't have the patience for this game. It doesn't really matter. I think everyone has been super cool about giving people a chance that WANTED to play, even though they were more dangerous than others. I respect everyone for that. We're going to have a fun game where everyone is in it to win it. And that's the best version of Surivior. :dance:

Sorry I just love the Dance thing. It makes me happy!
Let's be fair to all parties. First, D. Coil has obviously not been as active as the rest of you. But second, saying he "never shows up" is clearly inaccurate. He's here tonight, hasn't missed a Tribal, and this is his fourth Tribal. He was here for weight lifting, here for the haggle challenge, here during the tribe swap. It seems at least he could be a reliable vote in your corner. This isn't a question... You only need to respond if you want to.

garthoneeye
Feb 18, 2013

Ultimately, I feel like the other four of us have just had more opportunity to bond. Thus, we wanted to work out a way that we could stay together as long as possible. I didn't have a rule, so I couldn't trade information one on one and the rules I did hear made it very hard to figure out exactly what the ramifications of a small trade would be. One of us ends up with a extra coconut and I believe their coconuts would get zeroed out and the person trading the coconut loses the camp. That might be enough to swap which tribe wins and put us in a situation we didn't want. I decided a bird in hand was worth 2 in the bush.

It sucks that D.Coil's situation makes it such that he can't participate in our preferred method of communication, but I also feel that D.Coil hasn't tried very hard to keep in contact with us. He doesn't seem to post in the doc very much and we PMed a few times, but then he didn't respond the last time I sent him a PM and he hasn't sent me another since.

imidge
Aug 16, 2003

Fast Luck posted:

Has anyone contacted you about this vote? Have you heard anything to indicate your tribe not playing last night's challenge, not making a single trade, could mean something other than your departure tonight?

I was born at night but not last night. I'm aware of what the likely outcome tonight is. I would argue that keeping me would be keeping someone who has proven both their loyalty to you as well as someone whom you could probably put together quite a convincing argument against in a final tribal situation - as opposed to Rurea who I think has clearly been one of the best players in the game thus far and thusly one of the biggest threats going forward but I support my tribe in whatever decision they make. I had a chance to betray them back when Met went home and I didn't because I felt loyal to them then and I still do today no matter what happens tonight and whatever other accusations the other tribe or whoever else might throw out. Perhaps I'm seen as the easy vote tonight but you don't win Survivor by doing what's easy. You win Survivor by looking beyond what's easy and doing what's difficult but smart.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Speaking of Rurea... where is he tonight? If he doesn't show, that's a self-vote. Could a window be opening for you?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Chic Trombone posted:

We didn't want to risk it + we really just wanted to all chill. Nobody cared that much about the advantages so we just.... chilled. With cards against humanity.
Well, with any luck, being chill does not mean being a willing victim. You are cleared to vote, along with garth and D. Coil.

• Locked thread