Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

:burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug:

CaptainSarcastic posted:

You do realize he is copying and pasting the inane Christer blurbs he is posting from external sites, right?

oh sorry didnt read thraed

i withdraw my comment

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Tell you about Creation? No problem.

In the beginning, God created.
Done. Wasn't that easy? And the universe confirms it. Overwhelming evidence of clear intelligent design with purpose in everything we see.

I'll elaborate. I know most of you anti God, LGBT trolls are a little slow.

There's just no getting around the intelligent design argument. Unless you're a blooming id!ot. Creation itself testifies of our Creator. Just the discoveries in a strand of DNA should have ended all debate a long time ago: “DNA is an information code. The overwhelming conclusion is that information DOES NOT and CANNOT arise spontaneously by mechanistic processes. INTELLIGENCE is a necessity in the origin of any informational code, including the genetic code, NO MATTER how much time is given.” (Lane Lester, Ph.D. Genetics, The Natural Limits to Biological Change, 1989.)

Open a medical book and see the absolute marvel that is the human body. Flip through the different systems of our bodies. And then try to “fit” evolution into what you are actually seeing. Circulatory system, nervous system, skeletal system, muscular system, digestive system, endocrine system, immune system, urinary system, reproductive system, respiratory system. Ridiculous integration and complexity in design! So many complex systems designed to work together or not at all. We are incredible "machines" that defy "magic". The logical conclusion is intelligent design. The illogical, "magic".

Now lets have a look at the universe. Einstein and his contemporaries believed the universe was a constant. That it had no beginning, that it always just was. Until Hubble came along and proved with scientific measurements that it was expanding and so, indeed, had a beginning from which it expanded. The Bible for thousands of years has told us that creation began suddenly when God proclaimed, “Let there be light.” Further, the Bible repeatedly states that God has “stretched out the heavens.” Interesting choice of words as it turns out. Scientists today are confirming that our universe indeed had a beginning, a sudden explosion of light followed by rapid expansion. Einstein and the greatest scientific minds of the twentieth century, WRONG. BIBLE RIGHT. Can you explain that for me? Guess those simple shepherds just guessed it right, huh? Just another COINCIDENCE in a never ending chain of coincidences where God is concerned.

Whatever you want to believe, the Bible has already told us that this universe we live in had a beginning and science confirms it. So WHERE did IT come from? WHAT caused IT to BE? Big Bang? Obviously, SOMEBODY made IT (?) go bang!

What you would call "magic", I know as GOD. No matter how you cut it, everything came from somewhere, and SOMEONE or SOMETHING had to just BE, for it all to come FROM. Had to be a starting point.
Now what is more logical?

Magic? Or the Intelligent Design that is overwhelmingly supported by the body of evidence? Exactly. My "hypocritical statements"? Hardly.
I'm just not fool enough to believe that highly complex "machines" and systems CREATE THEMSELVES. Just follow the scientific evidence and let's give the credit to WHO it is due.

readingatwork
Jan 8, 2009

Hello Fatty!

Fun Shoe
I desperately want to know some of the locations he's posting from. It could be fun to get banned from a few for politely debating people in the nicest possible way.

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
rule #1 of gbs: dont tuch the pope

ninotoreS
Aug 20, 2009

Thanks for the input, Jeff!
(he'll bad-touch you back)

hohhat
Sep 25, 2014

readingatwork posted:

I desperately want to know some of the locations he's posting from. It could be fun to get banned from a few for politely debating people in the nicest possible way.

Its not as fun as you'd think. They alternate between praying for you to come to Christ and calling to a human being for saying that maybe gay people aren't evil. Sometimes in the same post.

readingatwork
Jan 8, 2009

Hello Fatty!

Fun Shoe
LOL! Christians actually believe that bibles are a legitimate form of foreign aid:

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Words of the Bible and the facts of nature come from the same source, from God himself, who chose to make himself known. There isn’t a third choice or someone could claim they have special revelation.
God is not revealed directly through the five senses. Consider this scene. -
If a physical entity with the appearance of personhood were to materialize on the white house lawn and while saying “I’m God” (loud enough that it was recorded) levitated a foot above the ground, would that constitute proof that God is not hidden?
As the secret service approached, this entity asked one agent to place his hand onto the entity’s shoulder which the agent did thus making the entity to disappear. Later, in the briefing, the agent said the shoulder garment felt ‘velvety’, anything else you noticed? ‘yes, as we approached this thing, there was an aroma of fruit, the closer we got the more pungent it become, much like orange blossoms’.

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Noctis Horrendae
Nov 1, 2013
i still can't get over the autism syrup thing

Scrotum Modem
Sep 12, 2014

:( http://www.snopes.com/media/notnews/goldentickets.asp

I wanted it to be true

GAINING WEIGHT...
Mar 26, 2007

See? Science proves the JewsMuslims are inferior and must be purged! I'm not a racist, honest!

readingatwork posted:

LOL! Christians actually believe that bibles are a legitimate form of foreign aid:

"We want to give Bibles to people who can't read"

glowstick party tonight
Oct 4, 2003

by zen death robot

GAINING WEIGHT... posted:

"We want to give Bibles to people who can't read"

Most people who believe in the Bible literally are ironically pretty illiterate

NeoHentaiMaster
Jul 13, 2004
More well adjusted then you'd think.
I'm the intelligent designer who created a universe that is 9.9999999 percent extremely hostile to the life he values the most.

GAINING WEIGHT...
Mar 26, 2007

See? Science proves the JewsMuslims are inferior and must be purged! I'm not a racist, honest!

NeoHentaiMaster posted:

I'm the intelligent designer who created a universe that is 9.9999999 percent extremely hostile to the life he values the most.

9%?? Not a bad ratio.

I've got a FB person who has been posting every day for like a week now about how the biggest problem facing our world today is that there are some languages the Bible hasn't been translated into.

glowstick party tonight
Oct 4, 2003

by zen death robot

9%?? Not a bad ratio.

I've got a FB person who has been posting every day for like a week now about how the biggest problem facing our world today is that there are some languages the Bible hasn't been translated into.

Has it been translated into Esperanto? Klingon? Elvish?

Oh I guess there is a wikipedia lol

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bible_translations_into_fictional_languages

hohhat
Sep 25, 2014

9%?? Not a bad ratio.

I was talking to a guy who worked for an NGO in Afghanistan before the drawdown, and he said pulling bibles and crosses out of gift packages was a routine thing. Some Catholic charity sent a bunch of Christmas presents, and they had to unwrap them all, take out the bibles, and break down the rosaries into beads. So the kids got toys and beads, and the pocket bibles and crucifixes all got covered in gasoline and torched in a pit.

There's your Satanic Christmas in Sunni Muslim Afghanistan, courtesy of Catholic charities.

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Agag posted:

I was talking to a guy who worked for an NGO in Afghanistan before the drawdown, and he said pulling bibles and crosses out of gift packages was a routine thing. Some Catholic charity sent a bunch of Christmas presents, and they had to unwrap them all, take out the bibles, and break down the rosaries into beads. So the kids got toys and beads, and the pocket bibles and crucifixes all got covered in gasoline and torched in a pit.

There's your Satanic Christmas in Sunni Muslim Afghanistan, courtesy of Catholic charities.

Hail Satan.

bonvivant
Oct 1, 2014

I may be racist, transphobic, an antisemite and a misogynist, but I project like an angel ;)
bronze age cult uses threat of demons to extort the poor

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=frvFCYoRLE0

Genesplicer
Oct 19, 2002

I give your invention the worst grade imaginable: An A-minus-minus!

Total Clam

readingatwork posted:

Televangelist and faith healer Peter Popoff has done stuff like this in the past. He asked his followers to send in money for a special project. He was going to print up a bunch of russian-language bibles and then individually float them into Russia on helium balloons "Across the Iron Curtain". He collected a huge amount of money. Then people began asking when this great thing was going to happen. Since the money seems to have disappeared, he had a single pallet of booklets printed up in his print shop. He then had one of his minions "break in" and hose down the pallet of pamphlets. He then filmed the "discovery of the break-in". He tearfully explained that his print shop had been totally destroyed. He failed to show that by some miracle there was absolutely no damage to anything other than the pallet of printed material.

He then had the balls to ask for even more money so he could repair his shop and reprint the bibles that were never printed in the first place. And if you donated enough money, he would send you a water-damaged page from one of the booklets!

He made even more the second time around.

GAINING WEIGHT...
Mar 26, 2007

mdm posted:

Has it been translated into Esperanto? Klingon? Elvish?

Oh I guess there is a wikipedia lol

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bible_translations_into_fictional_languages

Oh

quote:

LOLcat
Main article: LOLCat Bible Translation Project

The LOLCat Bible Translation Project is a wiki-based website where editors aim to parody the entire Bible in "LOLspeak", the slang popularized by the LOLcat Internet phenomenon.
for gently caress's sake.

Zaeryth
Dec 14, 2014

LOL, Well poo poo, I thought he was talking to me!

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Enceladus has figured prominently in the scientific literature over the last three months. Question: how could a moon stay hot enough to spew ice into space, be billions of years old? Answer: it can't. It owes its existence to the same event that gave us the Great Flood.

Kanthulhu
Apr 8, 2009
NO ONE SPOIL GAME OF THRONES FOR ME!

IF SOMEONE TELLS ME THAT OBERYN MARTELL AND THE MOUNTAIN DIE THIS SEASON, I'M GOING TO BE PISSED.

BUT NOT HALF AS PISSED AS I'D BE IF SOMEONE WERE TO SPOIL VARYS KILLING A LANISTER!!!

(Dany shits in a field)
I would have never gotten that answear right.

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
I would have to say that many of my family members who are Christians change the subject when I talk about the rapture. My sister-in-law told me she feels I'm giving up on this life. I told her I'm-just looking forward to being with Jesus!

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
To me myself no one will ever stop me from talking about MY GOD. For MY GOD is the Greatest GOD EVER. HE IS THE LORD JESUS CHRIST that died on the Cross for you and me. Jesus has done great things for all of us and for me to ever deny HIM to anyone I could not, I would not deny MY LORD. I would rather die and go to HEAVEN with my LORD then to ever deny HIM. I talk about GOD and JESUS at work all the time. I am not scared to proclaim the LOVE that JESUS has for me. I want the world to know, just HOW GREAT MY GOD IS. That He is waiting on them to answer the door to their heart and to let JESUS come into there lives and make thing better for them.

So to all those that this video offended take it to the LORD. For this was not to offend anyone but to open your eyes to see what is going on all around you. This could come to pass after Obama is in office. You never know.
GOD Bless all of my Brothers and Sisters in CHRIST. I Love you all.

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
How come atheists do not believe in god? I do not understand how you can feel like this. I have atheist neighbors but i cna't talk to them. I want to talk to them for god oneday but I need to understand them more.
can you explain why you don' believe in god? did something bad happen? are you jewish?

KIT HAGS
Jun 5, 2007
Stay sweet
Happy Mothers Day to All the Mothers. The order of GOD is so amazing. The only way a human can come to earth is through a woman. Moreover, how HE took HIS time and patience and formed YOU in the womb. It wasn't science that was GOD.

Noctis Horrendae
Nov 1, 2013

Volume posted:

are you jewish?

Kanthulhu
Apr 8, 2009
NO ONE SPOIL GAME OF THRONES FOR ME!

IF SOMEONE TELLS ME THAT OBERYN MARTELL AND THE MOUNTAIN DIE THIS SEASON, I'M GOING TO BE PISSED.

BUT NOT HALF AS PISSED AS I'D BE IF SOMEONE WERE TO SPOIL VARYS KILLING A LANISTER!!!

(Dany shits in a field)
Yeah, that one was going alright till the last question there.

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Kanthulhu posted:

Yeah, that one was going alright till the last question there.

Jews obviously don't believe in God - that's why they killed Jesus.

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Abortion is more popular among atheists because people don't have the time and don't wish to miss the games of life. The religious don't see this as a sacrifice of their personal gratification, because there is plenty of time for that in paradise. They don't have the same philosophical cancer called death.

KIT HAGS
Jun 5, 2007
Stay sweet
What a nightmare! I left my car downtown all night because my sister decided to take my car keys back home with her. However God protected my car and I did not get a ticket! #protected #godisgood

Random Page
May 5, 2015

Stottie Kyek posted:

Women's virginity is important and a real thing, because dicks are so magical that once you've had one, it fundamentally changes who you are as a person :2bong:

Thanks man? I never got the point behind this virginity thing.

Random Page
May 5, 2015

Volume posted:

Why the need to read a thread when all I have to do is get a calculator and tap: 0 x 0 and then the equal button?

You get the answer that atheism asserts is where everything came from.

0 x 0 = atheism, not reality.

We like guys like you in Europe. There is no better comedy.

Random Page
May 5, 2015

Volume posted:

Grade school textbooks teach evolution as fact. It is a monstrous lie that harms our children.

The evolution theory says we evolved from the original Big Bang and later crawled out of a green slime from the ocean.

Here is one example of its ludicrous hypothesis.

Of all the mysteries surrounding evolution, the one that is most baffling to the evolutionists, is “water.” Where did all the oceans come from?

As explained on the National Geographic program, it came from a massive collision in space. As the Earth was cooling from the Big Bang, it was approached by a stray planet that was teeming with water. It collided with Earth, spilled its water onto the Earth, then careened off into space.

Talk about fairy tales. By the way, where did the stray planet get its water?

Come on evolutionists, surely you can develop a more plausible explanation that can be easier to swallow. Until then, I accept the Bible’s answer. After all, the 4,000-year-old book has a perfect track record.

The evolution theory is only 140 years old.

Did not think it can get worse. But you get more lulz with every post.

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Random Page posted:

Did not think it can get worse. But you get more lulz with every post.
shut the gently caress up and kill yourself, you hapless retard

edit: apologies if this post makes you feel bad but jesus loving christ. why

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
When is the last time you saw an atheist...?

standing on the street corner, showing others the joy of godlessness?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

Volume posted:

When is the last time you saw an atheist...?

standing on the street corner, showing others the joy of godlessness?

I've always wondered how many church leaders are secretly atheists.

Like that Creflo Dollar dude, he's got a good racket going.

• Locked thread