Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

Fast Luck posted:

Question for all
During last night's challenge, the Sexy tribe came to a unified agreement on whom to vote out. This seems to suggest they're a unified group. Worried about your position in the merger?
Im here. I was just eating dinner.

Im not worried at all about the merge. I look forward to it, they all seem like pretty cool people from the hour or so i got to talk to them. It should be a rip-roarin' time!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DoggPickle
Jan 16, 2004

LAFFO

garthoneeye posted:

Ultimately, I feel like the other four of us have just had more opportunity to bond. Thus, we wanted to work out a way that we could stay together as long as possible. I didn't have a rule, so I couldn't trade information one on one and the rules I did hear made it very hard to figure out exactly what the ramifications of a small trade would be. One of us ends up with a extra coconut and I believe their coconuts would get zeroed out and the person trading the coconut loses the camp. That might be enough to swap which tribe wins and put us in a situation we didn't want. I decided a bird in hand was worth 2 in the bush.

It sucks that D.Coil's situation makes it such that he can't participate in our preferred method of communication, but I also feel that D.Coil hasn't tried very hard to keep in contact with us. He doesn't seem to post in the doc very much and we PMed a few times, but then he didn't respond the last time I sent him a PM and he hasn't sent me another since.

THIS. I talked to Dcoil twice in PM's and I felt like kind of a patronizing jerk after he showed up out of nowhere and KNEW EVERYTHING, (because I said stuff like, just show up in the doc now and then and post SOMETHING. Also i told him my AIM name, which I only made specifically for him and I've never heard a thing) like he already knew that Met's Idol was fake. He knew that Pmush and Met were having a fake drama fight. I was totally willing to PLAY with D.Coil, and we even made a new doc JUST FOR HIM where he showed up exactly ONE TIME before he disappeared off to Saturn or whatever,

I have no hard feelings. Life is more important than an internet game, and if that's the thing - I'm still sorry, but what else are we supposed to do?

Can i vote now?

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

Fast Luck posted:

For all except D. Coil
I'm glad at least one person is worried about what happens come merge time. But, that being the case, I have to ask this:
10 of you were in a Skype chat together, all sharing your rules. D. Coil was sitting alone on AIM with only his own rule. There were multiple advantages available in the challenge that could win you immunity come merge time. Extra money in the auction, or an advantage in the challenge.

So my question is, were you so confident there were cracks in their alliance, that you didn't think it worth bothering to grab those advantages? All it would've taken would be trading one coconut to a buddy.

Or, were you so afraid of D. Coil winning 1 on 10 that you thought you had no choice but to not even try for the advantages?

Or is there some other explanation I'm not seeing? Too afraid to stick your head out and make waves? What was it?

I didnt really care, tbh.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

DoggPickle posted:

THIS. I talked to Dcoil twice in PM's and I felt like kind of a patronizing jerk after he showed up out of nowhere and KNEW EVERYTHING, (because I said stuff like, just show up in the doc now and then and post SOMETHING. Also i told him my AIM name, which I only made specifically for him and I've never heard a thing) like he already knew that Met's Idol was fake. He knew that Pmush and Met were having a fake drama fight. I was totally willing to PLAY with D.Coil, and we even made a new doc JUST FOR HIM where he showed up exactly ONE TIME before he disappeared off to Saturn or whatever,

I have no hard feelings. Life is more important than an internet game, and if that's the thing - I'm still sorry, but what else are we supposed to do?

Can i vote now?
No, you missed a question for all about the advantages that were available during the challenge.

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

D. Coil posted:

I was born at night but not last night. I'm aware of what the likely outcome tonight is. I would argue that keeping me would be keeping someone who has proven both their loyalty to you as well as someone whom you could probably put together quite a convincing argument against in a final tribal situation - as opposed to Rurea who I think has clearly been one of the best players in the game thus far and thusly one of the biggest threats going forward but I support my tribe in whatever decision they make. I had a chance to betray them back when Met went home and I didn't because I felt loyal to them then and I still do today no matter what happens tonight and whatever other accusations the other tribe or whoever else might throw out. Perhaps I'm seen as the easy vote tonight but you don't win Survivor by doing what's easy. You win Survivor by looking beyond what's easy and doing what's difficult but smart.

Im flattered.

DoggPickle
Jan 16, 2004

LAFFO
Errr, I wasn't going to win and I knew that. All these kids are faster than me. I did nothing and I have immunity. I think it turned out ok. Is that good enough? I couldn't find the question you are referring to :downs:

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3712842&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=30#post445257343

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

Fast Luck posted:

One could argue that if you only think of the next Tribal, and never think ahead, you'll be led into elimination like a lamb to the slaughter. It's happened before in Awful Survivor. If you lose next challenge, it will be one of the four of you going home. And after that, come the merger, it also could be one of you again. What are you doing to ensure your safety down the line?

Also in regards to this:

If anyone is honestly playing this way right now then they deserve to get voted out. Everyone should be ensuring their safety down the line.

DoggPickle
Jan 16, 2004

LAFFO
Okay, I see the question. I was SO Confident that I did not care and just let the smarter heads make everyone basically equal, and it turned out that I got a necklace out of it. I dunno what else you want to hear?

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

DoggPickle posted:

Okay, I see the question. I was SO Confident that I did not care and just let the smarter heads make everyone basically equal, and it turned out that I got a necklace out of it. I dunno what else you want to hear?
Okay, that's enough - you're now eligible to vote. However, what I was referring to was that there were two rewards built into the challenge that could help you win future immunity challenges, which I believe are always nice to win, especially if you're going into a merge as a minority.

Fast Luck fucked around with this message at 03:20 on May 13, 2015

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Rurea posted:

Also in regards to this:

If anyone is honestly playing this way right now then they deserve to get voted out. Everyone should be ensuring their safety down the line.
Most of your responses have been pretty low effort so far, but I like this one. Do you feel everyone is doing something to ensure their safety down the line? Have you heard anything to indicate that's the case?

DoggPickle
Jan 16, 2004

LAFFO

Fast Luck posted:

Okay, that's enough - you're now eligible to vote. However, what I was referring to was that there were two rewards built into the challenge that could help you win future immunity challenges, which I believe is always nice to have, especially if you're going into a merge as a minority.

Unless you mean girls :lol: this merge will not be my team as a minority. I am curious now about the "rewards". But I'm literally not FAST enough to do complex math in a ten person skype session in 45 seconds. I have limits and I know what they are.

Sending vote.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

DoggPickle posted:

Unless you mean girls :lol: this merge will not be my team as a minority. I am curious now about the "rewards". But I'm literally not FAST enough to do complex math in a ten person skype session in 45 seconds. I have limits and I know what they are.

Sending vote.
The challenge was 90 minutes, not 45 seconds.

I don't mean girls, I mean this current tribe will be smaller than the other tribe come merge.

DoggPickle
Jan 16, 2004

LAFFO

Fast Luck posted:

The challenge was 90 minutes, not 45 seconds.

I don't mean girls, I mean this current tribe will be smaller than the other tribe come merge.

It was decided in 45 seconds. The extra hour was just for getting to know the people we never met before. I was the one (or two) people who didn't play Cards against humanity. It has nothing to do with the game, and I have made no alliances 100% truth, but Narcotics was very nice and it was nice to meet her. =D HELLO!

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Time has expired. Once the votes are read the decision will be final. If you have a hidden immunity idol you'd like to play, now would be the time to do so.

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

we will go far into the sea
you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back

DoggPickle posted:

It was decided in 45 seconds. The extra hour was just for getting to know the people we never met before. I was the one (or two) people who didn't play Cards against humanity. It has nothing to do with the game, and I have made no alliances 100% truth, but Narcotics was very nice and it was nice to meet her. =D HELLO!

Hi doggie! It was nice to meet you too! :)

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

First vote...

Rurea.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Second vote...

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

That's one vote D. Coil, one vote Rurea.

Third vote...

D. Coil.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Fourth vote:

Rurea.

Two votes Rurea, two votes D. Coil.

DoggPickle
Jan 16, 2004

LAFFO
:wtf:

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Final vote...

D. Coil.

That's enough. D. Coil, you have been eliminated from this game.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

such a tease

Strong Mouse
Jun 11, 2012

You disrespect us. You drag corpses around. You steal, and you hurt feelings!

RRRRRRRAAAAARGH!

Prepare to die!
That was a little unexpected.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Okay guys, last week y'all told me this Wednesday would be good.

Does 9:00PM EST work for you?

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

It does work.

imidge
Aug 16, 2003

i was so close ;_;

Good luck guys. Hope it's one of you who wins rather than one of those other tribe people who open their mouths about things that have nothing to do with them.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

That was interesting, but not mind blowing. It's like one of those guys who go the distance with Ali and then lose by decision or something.

Strong Mouse
Jun 11, 2012

RRRRRRRAAAAARGH!

Prepare to die!
Yes. It works great, especially since I should even be home an hour earlier than usual.

garthoneeye
Feb 18, 2013

Bye D.Coil. Sorry things didn't work out. Thank you for not getting me out with Met when you had the chance. I seriously considered trying to find a way to work together, but I just stopped hearing back from you.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

I actually PMed d coil during the challenge and asked if he had traded with anybody. He messaged me back 20 minutes after the challenge ended. That's basically D. Coil I guess. :rip:

DoggPickle
Jan 16, 2004

LAFFO

garthoneeye posted:

Bye D.Coil. Sorry things didn't work out. Thank you for not getting me out with Met when you had the chance. I seriously considered trying to find a way to work together, but I just stopped hearing back from you.

Agreed. I tried to work with you too. But then you disappeared.

IDK what that talking about stuff comment is supposed to mean. Good luck dude. I actually really liked you a lot. I just never heard back. There was NO EFFORT there. Being only on AIM excuse only goes so far. I've NEVER used skype before but I managed it in kind of a stupid way, and there is no computer on earth where you couldn't view the team doc. Honestly we tried man. Rurea only got that extra vote because he forgot to vote/didn't get it in on time.There was no dissent here.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

A lot of people haven't submitted confessionals lately. Everyone just got to talk to the other tribe, so maybe now is a good time.

Strong Mouse
Jun 11, 2012

RRRRRRRAAAAARGH!

Prepare to die!
Hello, Friends! How have your days been?

Are you ready for this wonderful upcoming challenge?

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
No

AnAnonymousIdiot
Sep 14, 2013

I feel like I've won the contestant audition for Wheel of Fortune.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Hello everyone, I'm Jeff Harvey.

Welcome to today's immunity challenge: Awful Survivor Feud! We submitted a survey to a group consisting of mostly former Trad Games game players(survivor/mafia/etc) and you will be trying to guess their answers to those questions. We will ask you the same questions today, one at a time, and your teams goal is to correctly guess all of the top answers. Note that not every answer that was given to the survey is actually included in the results, only the top answers. In some cases similar answers have been grouped together.

There is to be NO discussion outside the thread during this game and I ask that only participants post until the game is over.

Each round will begin with a face off. In the first of these, each team captain will be asked for their guess at the answer that achieved the highest percentage of responses in the survey. The team that gets the top answer gets to choose to Play or Pass that round of questions. If neither team gets a correct answer on the face off, the team that answered first gets to have their next person in line make a guess at the top answer, if they get it wrong, it goes to the other teams next person in line, etc until someone actually gets it.

The team that plays then has their next member try to guess another answer given for that survey question. Each correct answer generates points into the points bank based on the percentage that answered that way. Wrong or right, each person gets only one guess before it moves to the next person in line. If the team that is playing the question gets three wrong answers, the opposing team then gets one chance to steal the question. Everyone on the opposing team can post potential answers but the team captain's post will be the final answer submitted. If the opposing team correctly guesses a remaining answer, they steal all the points in the bank, if they do not, the original playing team gets those points.

Following rounds proceed in the same manner with the initial face off being started with the 2nd member of the team, then the 3rd, etc.

Starting with round 3, points will be doubled.

The team that has the highest point total after round 4 will be declared the victor. If something crazy happens and the scores are tied then there will be one final round to determine the victor.

This is designed to be a quick game, we have our stuff ready to go and won't be making a ton of changes. As such, we are hoping your answers will be quick and that we won't have to crack down. Note that in the real game typically no more than 10 seconds are granted to each person to make their answers. Try to keep to the spirit of that and post as fast as you can.

Please ask any questions or get any rules clarifications you need now. You have 5 minutes, then we are getting started.

Your teams are

Ultra Sexy
1. CirclMastr (Captain)
2. Strong Mouse
3. Anonymous Narcotic
4. imgay
5. AnAnonymousIdiot
6. MMM
7. Jato

Super Swole
1. Chic Trombone (Team Captain)
2. garthoneeye
3. DoggPickle

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
will u remind us which players next or do we need to keep a list of the players up?

AnAnonymousIdiot
Sep 14, 2013

If we strike are we barred from making future answers like in certain runs of the Feud?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

we will go far into the sea
you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
If two people get the same top answer during the face off, what happens?

• Locked thread