Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

Oh yeah. I was killing you.

But Rocks Hurt Head posted:

So Coulson's reaction to touching the modified crystal is confirmation that he wouldn't successfully make it through the mist, right?

Correct.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

I'm looking forward to Coulson jokes about his missing hand.

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!

We can also reasonably assume that Mack would not as well, despite also being messed with by the Kree. It also doesn't make sense for the sacred temple of Terrigen transformation to automatically enslave inhumans, or convert normal people to inhumans.

I hope that all the Secret Warriors they recruit are like 30+, and they're all being bossed around by a feisty young Daisy.

Xtanstic posted:

I'm looking forward to Coulson jokes about his missing hand.

I liked that he shrugged off losing his hand immediately. "I'm looking into some stuff, but enough about that, I totally know you snuck in and drank my Scotch you hoodlum."

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Daisy got cocooned as well but she broke free.

But yeah Colson would have probably died rip

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

That was an absolutely incredible finale.

GLOSS
Apr 10, 2005

PEARL GROWLS "TAKE OFF THAT SHIRT, STEVEN." I COMPLY, REVEALING THE FULL LENGTH SHIRT TATTOO. PEARL RETREATS INTO HER GEM, DEFEATED.

But Rocks Hurt Head posted:

So Coulson's reaction to touching the modified crystal is confirmation that he wouldn't successfully make it through the mist, right?

I wouldn't say that, as both Raina and Skye got fully carbon'd before they eventually broke out of their shells into their Inhuman forms...

Ambivalent
Oct 14, 2006

what if Coulson was about to get cool super powers and Mack just cut off his hand during the cocooning come on Mack

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

Dexo posted:

Daisy got cocooned as well but she broke free.

But yeah Colson would have probably died rip

Osmos is going to hatch any day now.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

The mist isn't what kills you. It's the metal. That's what killed Tripp, if the Diviner hadn't exploded he would have been fine being exposed to the mist.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Touching the crystals doesn't start the transformation in Inhumans. You have to be exposed to the mist. The only thing the stuff on Coulson's hand could've been was the effects of the metal killing him.

Pinely
Jul 23, 2013
College Slice
Could it be some kind of Skrull device? Part of me is thinking that a copy of Simmons will emerge and take her place until discovered. It's a tired trope, but it was my first thought. The Inhumans would consider anything Skrull dangerous because it's no doubt designed to gently caress with Kree and Kree tech.

The Secret Warriors did début during the Secret Invasion and it doesn't seem like we're getting the Skrull on the big screen anytime soon.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Holy gently caress! What a ride that was!

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Codependent Poster posted:

Man I really want to see the Secret Warriors. And I hope they use a kid and make him the God of Fear, and we can get Ares to show up.
Yeah the movies can have the Norse gods, let the TV shows have the Greek gods and heroes!! :argh:

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

Pinely posted:

Could it be some kind of Skrull device? Part of me is thinking that a copy of Simmons will emerge and take her place until discovered. It's a tired trope, but it was my first thought. The Inhumans would consider anything Skrull dangerous because it's no doubt designed to gently caress with Kree and Kree tech.

The Secret Warriors did début during the Secret Invasion and it doesn't seem like we're getting the Skrull on the big screen anytime soon.

I could see that, if they want to acknowledge the Skrulls. It's set up pretty perfectly with no one seeing her go missing, and I can see alien tech scanning her brain and body and sending a copy out to do recon or fulfill nefarious ends. AoS is still a spy show, and you need to have double agents around. Having FalseSimmons be a big twist out of nowhere wouldn't be well received, but I could see them have Simmons show up acting normally and not mentioning being absorbed by alien goo and trusting the viewer to fill in the blanks, or at least not revealing she's a copy until the end of the premiere.

This is a perfectly reasonable theory, and I'm now pretty drat convinced they'll do this or something very similar to it. Enjoy your date Fitz :getin:.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
Skrulls are I think tied up with the Fantastic Four rights.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Maxwell Lord posted:

Skrulls are I think tied up with the Fantastic Four rights.

No, the Super Skrull is tied up with FF. Marvel can use the regular Skrulls.

Ambivalent
Oct 14, 2006

Pretty sure Marvel can't do Skrulls, because Fantastic Four.

Beaten twice. :(

ANOTHER edit: A lot of the various alien races are tied to properties. Who were the ones they were going to use in GotG but those aliens ended up being X-Men? I don't even remember now.

Ambivalent fucked around with this message at 04:50 on May 13, 2015

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Ambivalent posted:

It's cool. I started to post and realized I got beaten by Pizza Dog.

I can't see Jemma being a Skrull because Cap 2 was already basically Secret Invasion minus the aliens.

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

So so good.

This show is basically unrecognizable from what it started out as.

Darth Ballz
Apr 30, 2003
Feel the burn

Ambivalent posted:

ANOTHER edit: A lot of the various alien races are tied to properties. Who were the ones they were going to use in GotG but those aliens ended up being X-Men? I don't even remember now.

Shi'ar. Cyclops and Havok's mom is a Shi'ar and their dad is a space pirate with them.

Darth Ballz fucked around with this message at 04:59 on May 13, 2015

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

NecroMonster posted:

So so good.

This show is basically unrecognizable from what it started out as.

I also feel bad for people who have given up on the show. It's so tiring to try and defend it to people who loudly proclaim that they quit it early in the various MCU threads.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

The only alien races that Marvel can't use are the Shi'ar and the Badoon. I forget the reason for the Badoon, but it's some legal issues I think. Skrulls they can use, but not the powered Super Skrull.

Darth Ballz
Apr 30, 2003
Feel the burn

Xtanstic posted:

I also feel bad for people who have given up on the show. It's so tiring to try and defend it to people who loudly proclaim that they quit it early in the various MCU threads.

To be fair though, the first season was horrible. I stopped watching after three episodes, no regrets. Picked it up again to start this season after i saw previews and was like, wait, what the gently caress? I will give it a shot. And here we are.

Ambivalent
Oct 14, 2006

They weren't going to be Shi'ar in GotG, were they?

Edit: Ah, just looked it up, they were going to be Badoon, but Badoon belonged to Fox, so they were Sakaarans instead?

I love this, because I love to imagine a meeting with two legal teams from Marvel and Fox, and a judge trying to navigate if badoons are more closely associated with X-men or Avengers or whatever, and his brain just beginning to melt.

Ambivalent fucked around with this message at 05:04 on May 13, 2015

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Darth Ballz posted:

Shi'ar. Cyclops and Havok's mom is a Shi'ar and their dad is a space pirate with them.

No. Cyclops and Havok's mom is human. Xavier bangs the Shi'ar queen.

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

The only alien races that Marvel can't use are the Shi'ar and the Badoon. I forget the reason for the Badoon, but it's some legal issues I think. Skrulls they can use, but not the powered Super Skrull.

We can't use space Baboons? Galactic MCU ruined.

Sirotan
Oct 17, 2006

Sirotan is a seal.

Science, biyatch.

Why do I have to wait until September now??? :(

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

That fakeout with Fitz got me. I thought he was a goner.

I hope Bobbi sticks around, or we can follow her and Hunter have a spy adventure which brings her back.

But man, I am so pumped they're going the Secret Warriors route.

GigaPeon
Apr 29, 2003

Go, man, go!
Jemma's alright, you guys. She's hanging out with Trip and The Bus right now! :unsmith:

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

MrAristocrates posted:

God, Fitz really is O'Brien isn't he?

:aaaaa:

Decent finale, but Cal going full Hyde was disappointing as hell. Terrible make up and he just looked silly as hell. Also he didn't really do much while powered.

The Bobbi plotline was dumb too but I guess it is leading to Ward taking over Hydra, or whatever is left.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

The Bobbi plotline was great because even though Ward was sticking needles under her fingernails she still wrecked his poo poo, and then foiled the trap meant for Hunter.

And I'm also a sucker for anytime a show admits that torture just makes a person tell you what you want to hear.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

So with Coulson losing a hand, every phase 2 Marvel movie or show had someone get their hand cut off.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

howe_sam posted:

The Bobbi plotline was great because even though Ward was sticking needles under her fingernails she still wrecked his poo poo, and then foiled the trap meant for Hunter.

And I'm also a sucker for anytime a show admits that torture just makes a person tell you what you want to hear.

She refused to tell them what they wanted to hear!

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

So with Coulson losing a hand, every phase 2 Marvel movie or show had someone get their hand cut off.

Yes, it's intentional.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Deadpool posted:

Yes, it's intentional.

I know! I just liked how the show was in on it too.

Edmund Lava
Sep 8, 2004

Hey, I'm from Brooklyn. I'm going to call myself Mr. Friendly.

Is it the same mad each time? Maybe they're going for some obtuse foreshadowing of the Gauntlet.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

howe_sam posted:

How did he not die when she stabbed those needles in his neck. Goddamn he is invincible. First getting shot 4 times and now this.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Edmund Lava posted:

Is it the same mad each time? Maybe they're going for some obtuse foreshadowing of the Gauntlet.

No, it's literally because Kevin Feige is a huge Star Wars nerd and in the second movie there's a hand that's chopped off. So everything in Marvel's Phase 2 has a hand/arm getting chopped.

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?
I'm actually kind of glad Cal didn't go on (too much of a) destructive rampage. He's just a guy that loves his daughter very much. :unsmith: Besides, half the fun was him freaking out before he went full Hyde, and I personally really liked his exchange with Coulson.

EDIT: I approve of this new thread title. :golfclap:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

Oh yeah. I was killing you.
Cal's second season arc was incredible. The whole realizing-Jiaying-is-the-real-monster thing was great.

Also the Bobbi plotline was great.

• Locked thread