Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Yeah Xavier does not have a son.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Well I'm not caught all the way up on All-New X-men okay!

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Characters should stay the same forever except when they shouldn't.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer
The Bad News: The guide to Battleworld in Secret Wars #2 is just the same map we've all seen.

The Good News: 45 pages of straight Hickman/Ribic beauty with only one ad page in the mix.

I was not prepared :negative:

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Xavier won't come back. Wolverine might.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

redbackground posted:

The Bad News: The guide to Battleworld in Secret Wars #2 is just the same map we've all seen.

The Good News: 45 pages of straight Hickman/Ribic beauty with only one ad page in the mix.

I was not prepared :negative:

GODDAMNN YOU for posting this. I can't wait for Secret Wars #2 :(

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

bobkatt013 posted:

Yeah, he has a grandson!
Despite the fact that his grandson, called Xaiver the second which means he has to be alive at the same time as someone also named Charles Xaiver to have that name and it seems that he was conceived by Charles Xaiver and Mystique. Despite ALL those facts, he's Xavier's grandson. Because Bendis says so.

Tamizander Rey
Jul 14, 2004
Gentlemen! Chop off my head with such velocity, that the blood gushing from my neck propels my lifeless body all the way to Phoenix!

bobkatt013 posted:

Legion?

zerofiend
Dec 23, 2006

Legion of what? What are you talking about??

Tamizander Rey
Jul 14, 2004
Gentlemen! Chop off my head with such velocity, that the blood gushing from my neck propels my lifeless body all the way to Phoenix!

Gorefiend posted:

Legion of what? What are you talking about??

Legion. David Haller. Does he no longer exist as Xavier's son?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The Question IRL posted:

Yeah, he has a grandson!
Despite the fact that his grandson, called Xaiver the second which means he has to be alive at the same time as someone also named Charles Xaiver to have that name and it seems that he was conceived by Charles Xaiver and Mystique. Despite ALL those facts, he's Xavier's grandson. Because Bendis says so.

That was a lie Xavier 2 was telling the X-Men.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

SalTheBard posted:

GODDAMNN YOU for posting this. I can't wait for Secret Wars #2 :(

I won't make it to the shop until Saturday ): I feel your pain.

notthegoatseguy
Sep 6, 2005

Tamizander Rey posted:

Legion. David Haller. Does he no longer exist as Xavier's son?

He kind of vanished from existence and folded himself into that blindfolded girl's mind or something at the end of Spurrier's Legacy.

Bendis might've also done some horrible "retcon" as well.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

notthegoatseguy posted:

Bendis might've also done some horrible "retcon" as well.

That's the only kind of retcon he does. Comixology needs to bump up its release schedule from 9am EST to like 6am. Wednesday mornings waiting for comics is bullshit.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

That's the only kind of retcon he does. Comixology needs to bump up its release schedule from 9am EST to like 6am. Wednesday mornings waiting for comics is bullshit.

It's a Marvel thing. DC does it at Midnight. Trust me I know the pain this used to really suck when I had a long commute and no wifi access and 4G was a small rear end phone screen.

More relevant to the topic at hand.

FOR THE EMPEROR!!!!

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Four pages in and I can tell that this event is 100% tailored just for me.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
Okay, I think I want battleworld to be the new status quo now.

Decline
Apr 20, 2001

steal your face
So we've got Secret Wars 2 coming out today - what tie-ins are coming out? Magneto #18 and Captain America & the Mighty Avengers #8 right?

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Aaaaaaaa what the gently caress is going on aaaaaaa!

:gaz:

tenniseveryone
Feb 8, 2014

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Secret Wars as High Fantasy AU fan fiction is totally fine with me, especially with Doom as God above. Love the set up of The Wall in this issue too, which almost got me pumped for Kieron Gillen's Siege...then I realised Filipe Andrade was drawing it :(

Decline posted:

So we've got Secret Wars 2 coming out today - what tie-ins are coming out? Magneto #18 and Captain America & the Mighty Avengers #8 right?

Yep, and next week is A-Force, Ultimate End, Loki, Masters Of Kung Fu, Spider-Verse, Battleworld and Deadpool's Secret Secret Wars :allears:

tenniseveryone fucked around with this message at 14:51 on May 13, 2015

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Caidin posted:

Dear God, me too. This is so drat cool.

Elucidarius
Oct 14, 2006

net cafe scandal posted:

Dear God, me too. This is so drat cool.

Thirding this. I have to say, I wasn't expecting much but this issue was so drat good.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Sheriff of Agamotto is the best loving title.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

SynthOrange posted:

Aaaaaaaa what the gently caress is going on aaaaaaa!

:gaz:

I love that it's a bizarre mix of GoT influences and Warhammer 40K.

:gaz: :gaz: :gaz:

I love that Doom rolls with a Galactus on his front lawn.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

gfanikf posted:

I love that it's a bizarre mix of GoT influences and Warhammer 40K.

:gaz: :gaz: :gaz:

I love that Doom rolls with a Galactus on his front lawn.

That's Franklin's Galactus, Doom probably has it on a lease.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Note that the three classified kingdoms on the Battleworld map were revealed: Doomstadt, Doomgard, and Valley of Doom. And they changed the name of the Wall to the Shield, probably got a little too close to Game of Thrones there.

Everything about this is exciting! The writers at Marvel better milk this setting for all it's worth.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

So do we think that Doom created his denizens out of the aether or that he brought them from somewhere? Like what universe are those Braddocks from?

Also this reveal:

Oh hey is that Thor? Oh it's a bunch of Thors ok...who's making all those Thors?

zoux fucked around with this message at 16:13 on May 13, 2015

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008
I feel like this should have been Secret Wars #1 and #1 should have been Avengers #45.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Senor Candle posted:

I feel like this should have been Secret Wars #1 and #1 should have been Avengers #45.
:agreed:

PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

Caidin posted:

Maybe marvel can be prompted to release some kind of guidebook/sourcebook, the way morrison did for Multiversity and hickman kinda tried to do for East of West.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

PupsOfWar posted:

Maybe marvel can be prompted to release some kind of guidebook/sourcebook, the way morrison did for Multiversity and hickman kinda tried to do for East of West.

I'd buy the poo poo out of that RPG source book.

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008

Like I kind of understand they they did it because the conclusion to Avengers is (probably) pretty important to what is going to happen in Secret Wars, but god drat I would have been so much more satisfied the other way around. It's something that will read fine in a trade/Omni, but is kind of jarring month to month.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

PupsOfWar posted:

There is a handbook coming out next month I think. Or the next month.

As for the issue I dug some of it but not other parts. I love Hickman and all this run but I just didn't love this issue at all. Not sure why. Hopefully something clicks for me in the next issue.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
So is it safe to assume Sue Valeria and Franklin got there first and the Rafts crash landed? Meaning our 616 heroes are gonna have to get through Battleworld to Doom? And does this mean Doom did beat the Beyonders or that they saw fit to give him power?

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008
I don't think it's safe to assume anything we haven't been explicitly shown. And even then it's a bit of a toss up.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Gatts posted:

So is it safe to assume Sue Valeria and Franklin got there first and the Rafts crash landed? Meaning our 616 heroes are gonna have to get through Battleworld to Doom? And does this mean Doom did beat the Beyonders or that they saw fit to give him power?

I don't think the Beyonders were looking for anything past blowing everything up. Which they did. I bet they show up at the end when they reboot everything and go "eh, whatever". Doom's power came from either MM (absent so far) or surviving the multiverse explosion he caused.

He's been a god before and he's created a universe in the past. I do like this new approach.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Gatts posted:

:shrug:

TNG
Jan 4, 2001

by Lowtax
Wow, hats off to Hickman, he's gone full Jodorowsky.

The Ribec art is certainly very very nice and gives it an almost European comic feel.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Deadpool posted:

There is a handbook coming out next month I think. Or the next month.

Not to sound like an rear end in a top hat, but where did you hear that?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

Doom is a giant dork who should stop watching Game of Thrones.
His medieval boner is bigger than that of Ignatius J. Reilly

fatherboxx fucked around with this message at 17:46 on May 13, 2015

• Locked thread