Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ultigonio
Oct 26, 2012

Well now.

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Excitebike Arena is so much better, though.
But it would suffer from precisely the same issues as other battle courses (to a slightly lesser degree?) and isn't nearly small enough to have items flying all up in everyone's grill. How you people can compare these courses is beyond me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'
When Nintendo was just a thing I got to play at a friends house, Mario Kart was 100% about the Battle Mode. It was a huge added value since they basically snuck a deathmatch game into your racing game.

It's a bit obtuse not to get why people miss "real" battle mode stages. It's like if Halo exclusively used campaign levels for the deathmatch multiplayer.

The best thing would be if the first dead player could turn into a bomb again. I tried some MK64 recently to get some of that bomb goodness, but maaaaan it is hard to go back to like a 16 FPS racing game :/

DOOMocrat
Oct 2, 2003

Not worthy of its own thread, but Bill Trinen just announced on Twitter he's not at Nintendo anymore.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

DOOMocrat posted:

Not worthy of its own thread, but Bill Trinen just announced on Twitter he's not at Nintendo anymore.

Noooooooooo

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.
I had to check your username to make sure I wasn't getting taint reaped.

Then I checked Bill Trinen's Twitter and oh... :(

This is a sad day.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

DOOMocrat posted:

Wow what? :psyduck: I'm legit bummed about this, especially cause from the very vague tweet it doesn't sound like he wanted to leave. I wonder what happened

Alfalfa The Roach posted:

I had to check your username to make sure I wasn't getting taint reaped.

Same

DOOMocrat
Oct 2, 2003

I have no idea what that means but I am also sad. Don't know how much more you could want out of the guy.

Electromax
May 6, 2007
Moments later he tweeted:

quote:

Wait a second... It's not 9 AM PT yet??? #JapanTime #Trintroll
https://twitter.com/trintran/status/598505244285210625

Who knows.

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.
wait hold on, he just sent this out

e: f, b

DOOMocrat
Oct 2, 2003

changed his bio too

fuckin' take the hook out of my mouth :argh:

Unless this means he's fired at 9 AM? gently caress I don't know

Chieves
Sep 20, 2010

It is way too early in the day for Bill to be playing with my heart like this.

Electromax
May 6, 2007

DOOMocrat posted:

Unless this means he's fired at 9 AM? gently caress I don't know

Nintendo takes a page out of Konami's book at this E3 and announces that Miyamoto and Trinnen are fired, using a Nintendo Direct.

Polo-Rican
Jul 4, 2004

emptyquote my posts or die

DOOMocrat posted:

That's ok the last thing he did was make me buy Tomodachi Life which was the biggest piece of poo poo i can remember buying in recent memory

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Why is Trinen reaping taints

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Isn't there a direct or something in an hour, he probably spoiled the joke.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

That magnificent bastard

DOOMocrat
Oct 2, 2003

Polo-Rican posted:

That's ok the last thing he did was make me buy Tomodachi Life which was the biggest piece of poo poo i can remember buying in recent memory

Granted I had just gotten out of the hospital and was on pain meds but I LOVED Tomodachi Life until I ran out of poo poo to do

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

What happen? Did somebody set up us the bomb?

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

You know what you doing.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k08pQDoPmXc

Now this is relevant.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
Maybe Cammie will return :)

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Trinen was Taint Reaper all along!

Aw, son of a bitch! :bahgawd:

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Direct spoilers: Reggie is gonna challenge Bill to a loser leaves town match of Punch Out Wii, Bill loses but triumphantly returns at Punchamania 2015 on the E3 show floor.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Actually now that I remember it, I want to point at the thing Cammie left Nintendo to join, because it's insane and horrible.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/KidZania

quote:

Every KidZania is themed as a child-sized replica of a real city, including buildings, shops and theaters, as well as vehicles and pedestrians moving along its streets. In this city, children aged 4 through 12, work in branded activities from bottling Coca-Cola, working in a Crest-sponsored dentist office, working at a McDonalds restaurant,[1] painting with Corporação Industrial do Norte, washing hands with P&G's Safeguard soap, and using airline tickets from American Airlines, Emirates and Saudia.[2]

The children earn kidZos (KidZania's currency) while performing the tasks, and the money is kept in the KidZania bank for children to spend at the gift shop and on KidZania activities.[1] Inside every KidZania facility around the world, children wear electronic bracelets that allow parents to keep track of their kids remotely.[3]

The blending of marketing has led The Morning News to dub KidZania as "advertainment", stating "there is little that's pretend, and the play revolves around following instructions from the adult Zupervisors."[1] Children also make up the governance of KidZania, with a 14-member group.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Is it a direct today? Or just an announcement?

Famous TV Dad
Nov 1, 2011

I'm glad Bill Trinen isn't gone. He's cool.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Don Mattrick left Zynga last month, maybe he's found a new home at Nintendo

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

elf help book posted:

Maybe Cammie will return :)

And now a word from your mom's friend.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler

elf help book posted:

Actually now that I remember it, I want to point at the thing Cammie left Nintendo to join, because it's insane and horrible.

I... how is this legal? What the gently caress kind of world is this?

Ultigonio
Oct 26, 2012

Well now.
I would honestly be shocked if he left. He's been at the company for like 20 freaking years

edit: it's not actually that much but it's close, pretty sure he was around when SF64 released.

Famous TV Dad
Nov 1, 2011

elf help book posted:

Holy poo poo lol

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

I dont think I could live without Bill Trinen.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

If Reggie left I would be upset, unless he was leaving to design more giant pizzas.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

Is it a direct today? Or just an announcement?
It'll probably be something like that weird Mega64 video they put out last year.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
I can't believe Bill Trinen trolled me.

ThePhenomenalBaby
May 3, 2011

ONE YEAR LATER posted:

I... how is this legal? What the gently caress kind of world is this?

I'm laughing a lot at work right now

Zupervisor lol

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

Kurtofan posted:

I can't believe Bill Trinen trolled me.

Today we are all Gigideegee.

RadicalR
Jan 20, 2008

"Businessmen are the symbol of a free society
---
the symbol of America."

Viewtiful Jew posted:

Today we are all Gigideegee.

Who?

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Trinen is clearly leaving Nintendo to take on the WVBA with his trainer, Doc Reggie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

Help Im Alive posted:

Why is Trinen reaping taints

we need answers

• Locked thread