Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

crestfallen posted:

It's a beta. Not that these issues didn't exist before this, but the client beta will highlight them. Report them or give them some feedback.

They're talking about changes to the website though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

Breadallelogram posted:

They're talking about changes to the website though.

The website redsign matches the Galaxy beta; I would imagine that getting Master of Orion tagged properly in the Galaxy client would also fix its tagging on the site.

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

The gog galaxy icon in my task bar looks like a sad face if I just glance at it

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
It's the g's in the logo, they look like :qq: eyes

dud root
Mar 30, 2008
Looking at buying The Witcher 3, with my 20% off the AU region price is $71.99. The game page says $11 towards a future purchase, but on the checkout page it changes to $9.70. Anyone know whats up?

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

dud root posted:

Looking at buying The Witcher 3, with my 20% off the AU region price is $71.99. The game page says $11 towards a future purchase, but on the checkout page it changes to $9.70. Anyone know whats up?

The amount of money it gives you is calculated as "AUD price listed on page - $60 converted to AUD" but it takes in any discounts you have for the AUD price but not the USD one, which means the cashback is reduced if you have a discount. :haw:

Lemon-Lime fucked around with this message at 10:02 on May 13, 2015

BadAstronaut
Sep 15, 2004

Buy an NVIDIA card and get the game for free, just as cool people like I did.

dud root
Mar 30, 2008

BadAstronaut posted:

Buy an NVIDIA card and get the game for free, just as cool people like I did.

It is a good idea if you're on older hardware. I've got a gtx780 which is basically a few % off a gtx980, so no upgrading for me anytime soon

macnbc
Dec 13, 2006

brb, time travelin'

dud root posted:

It is a good idea if you're on older hardware. I've got a gtx780 which is basically a few % off a gtx980, so no upgrading for me anytime soon

Yeah, I went from a GTX560Ti to a GTX970 last week and it's like I suddenly have a whole new computer.

Commander Keenan
Dec 5, 2012

Not Boba Fett

macnbc posted:

Yeah, I went from a GTX560Ti to a GTX970 last week and it's like I suddenly have a whole new computer.

I have the GTX670... please don't make me get a 970.

Genpei Turtle
Jul 20, 2007

dud root posted:

I'm tempted, but still being on an i5-2500 I don't think a video card upgrade is going to make the Witcher 3 any more playable, unfortunately.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Genpei Turtle posted:

I'm tempted, but still being on an i5-2500 I don't think a video card upgrade is going to make the Witcher 3 any more playable, unfortunately.

Yeah. I stuck to an i5 2500K for about five years, but it was already showing its age when Witcher 2 came out and open world games are notoriously CPU-bottlenecked.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Lemon Curdistan posted:

Yeah. I stuck to an i5 2500K for about five years, but it was already showing its age when Witcher 2 came out and open world games are notoriously CPU-bottlenecked.

I still have an i5 and I can run pretty much everything perfectly fine unless I go above 1080, it definitely wasn't showing its age when Witcher 2 came out, what?

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

Hakkesshu posted:

I still have an i5 and I can run pretty much everything perfectly fine unless I go above 1080, it definitely wasn't showing its age when Witcher 2 came out, what?

I can't say that it's definitely the case here, but usually when people say a piece of hardware is "showing its age" they really mean "I benchmarked it and it's getting 5 FPS less than my perfect 60-90 FPS".

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

I'm a pretty big stickler for high framerate too, and I have yet to encounter a game I have been unable to run at 50+ on the standard "high" settings after I upgraded to a 770. Maybe Witcher 3 will be that game, but I somehow doubt it.

macnbc
Dec 13, 2006

brb, time travelin'
Yeah, I have a 2500K overclocked to 4.2GHz and my FPS in new games doubled when I replaced my GPU.

Pretty much every game out there is going to be GPU-limited before it's CPU-limited.

Genpei Turtle
Jul 20, 2007

macnbc posted:

Yeah, I have a 2500K overclocked to 4.2GHz and my FPS in new games doubled when I replaced my GPU.

Pretty much every game out there is going to be GPU-limited before it's CPU-limited.

Are you running any special kind of cooling system? Been thinking of doing that myself but I'm running stock cooling and don't want to accidentally fry anything like I once did back in the day. Maybe it's time to upgrade the video card and give it a shot after all.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

macnbc posted:

I went from a 560ti to a 960 and even if it's not a high-end card, the jump is crazy for a 219€ card tbh (Gigabyte GTX 960 OC Windforce).

Dave Angel
Sep 8, 2004

The 2500Ks are great overclockers, I was running mine at 4.5ghz for years with just fan cooling. I did switch the stock cooler for an aftermarket one but it was nothing expensive or fancy.

NadaTooma
Aug 24, 2004

The good thing is that everyone around you has more critical failures in combat, the bad thing is - so do you!
I bought a GTX 760 a couple of months ago, and already I'm wondering if I should have spent a bit more. :doh:

Oh well, at least I can still justify upgrading my i5 2500K at some point...

macnbc
Dec 13, 2006

brb, time travelin'

Genpei Turtle posted:

Are you running any special kind of cooling system? Been thinking of doing that myself but I'm running stock cooling and don't want to accidentally fry anything like I once did back in the day. Maybe it's time to upgrade the video card and give it a shot after all.

I did buy a 3rd party cooling fan when I first built the system, but it wasn't expensive and was a cinch to install. There's also many many guides out there online on how to overclock it pretty easily. I could probably push higher than the 4.2GHz I've been at, but I decided to take the quick and easy approach.

macnbc fucked around with this message at 19:45 on May 13, 2015

BadAstronaut
Sep 15, 2004

I upgraded from 760ti to 970 and it's great. But now I'm playing Pillars of Eternity and it's not really using up all that awesome GPU power...

And neither will Start Trek 25th Anniversary...

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

macnbc posted:

The difference in games between Sandy/Ivy/Haswell is something like 10% at most. The main improvements were power consumption really.

http://www.ocaholic.ch/modules/smartsection/item.php?itemid=1158 is a bunch of benchmarks done a while back, the difference at 1080p is minimal at best.

Party Plane Jones fucked around with this message at 21:56 on May 13, 2015

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

I could never have predicted people would discuss high end gaming hardware in the GOG/old games thread.

tight aspirations
Jul 13, 2009

Free copy of RoTT on reddit.

macnbc
Dec 13, 2006

brb, time travelin'

Mortimer posted:

I could never have predicted people would discuss high end gaming hardware in the GOG/old games thread.

The 2500k was high-end gaming hardware 4 years ago. I guess that makes it appropriate discussion for GOG? :shrug:

Kangra
May 7, 2012

So manual arrangement of games on the shelf is gone, then?

I was about to complain about having my carefully arranged order screwed up but at least I can't do anything about it.

e: Tagging turns out to be potentially more useful, so maybe it's not so bad.

Kangra fucked around with this message at 19:57 on May 15, 2015

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

GOG now has Cyberia 2. I originally bought the game in the early 2000s from the bargain rack at OfficeMax bundle with a Dilbert cd wallet for whatever reason. 50 cents.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Mortimer posted:

If you consider that they sell games like The Witcher 3 that will need high end hardware or even the STALKER series that have mods that push everything to the limit... I tend to forget that GOG sells recent games too.

Jet Jaguar
Feb 12, 2006

Don't touch my bags if you please, Mr Customs Man.

Hooray for Star Trek: 25th Anniversary! The snarky dialogue choices do make KOTOR look subtle, though.

Also I'd forgotten about the ship combat. Flying in a loop is a solid tactical choice. Got it.

Dreamerdeceiver52
Nov 11, 2007

It's been a while since I've cleared out some gift codes, enjoy!

Age of Wonders: AE7AD-44CD1-DC7AF-737AB

Torchlight: BCH3-3XGY-8KQU-FKCH

Magrunner: Dark Pulse: AE3Y-M2BK-3SNU-8Q4Z

Dungeon Keeper Gold: 9VNC-QLMC-TE3H-KE2T

Rabhadh
Aug 26, 2007
Grabbed torchlight, thanks man!

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

THIS BADGE OF SHAME IS WORTH 0.45 DOUBLE DRAGON ADVANCES

:dogout:
of SA-Mart forever
Where are giftables since they changed the display recently? I wanted to see if I had anything to give away, but now I cannot find them.

doctorfrog
Mar 14, 2007

Great.

JustJeff88 posted:

Where are giftables since they changed the display recently? I wanted to see if I had anything to give away, but now I cannot find them.

Then click "orders history" and filter out anything that isn't "Unredeemed Gifts."

doctorfrog fucked around with this message at 20:11 on May 17, 2015

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

of SA-Mart forever

doctorfrog posted:

Then click "orders history" and filter out anything that isn't "Unredeemed Gifts."

Much obliged - I did indeed have something.

Rise of the Triad, 2013 Edition: 264FE-5E71C-75C8A-4472A

Don't be a ponce - post if you take it.

General Emergency
Apr 2, 2009

Can we talk?
Grabbed it Triad. Here's an FTL key on humble bundle as a thanks: https://www.humblebundle.com/gift?key=MGR2E2uCweMmchau

Eh! Frank
Mar 28, 2006

Doctor gave me these, I said what are these?
He said that they'll cure an existential type disease
Looks like I have a few unclaimed gift codes too:

RISE OF THE TRIAD (2013) - 8F623-EA944-9E6D9-59963

MAGRUNNER: DARK PULSE - 7ZEZ-WMS9-HMG8-S3Z3

DUNGEON KEEPER GOLD - 9FYP-P26M-VBEL-PBZB

WITCHER: ENHANCED EDITION - NAYV-F95S-4RA2-V58B

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

of SA-Mart forever

General Emergency posted:

Grabbed it Triad. Here's an FTL key on humble bundle as a thanks: https://www.humblebundle.com/gift?key=MGR2E2uCweMmchau

Not sure if this was intended for me, but I have one, so someone else please enjoy.

THE BAR
Oct 20, 2011

You know what might look better on your nose?

Didn't even know I had this one lying around:

Duke Nukem 3D Atomic Edition - ENJH-SYM5-TBBP-F5BD

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sauer kraut
Oct 2, 2004

General Emergency posted:

I didn't read it correctly and got Legend of Grimrock from that link. Thanks, can't wait to see how far the genre has come since I begged my parents for a 512KB Amiga RAM expansion to play Dungeon Master.