Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Belzac
Mar 20, 2008

The third fracture I would do away with...I can't, sorry.

F R A C T U R E
Who gives a gently caress about some stupid super hero mmo, Wildstar is a bad game regardless of NCSoft drama and making it F2P won't suddenly make it fun. There are hundreds of f2p dumpster mmos with action combat or whatever is in this week and picking the lovely newcomber with a meteoric fall from grace is just a bad idea.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

panda clue
May 23, 2014

LITERALLY MY FETISH posted:

A lot of them jumped ship when they realized how much of a clusterfuck WS would be, but there isn't a safe haven for them anymore. Game companies have known for a long time that casual games sell, and if you aren't FROM software you can't get away with HARDCORE anymore, so those devs are going to be making casual games no matter where they go. Statistically, they're probably most likely going to go to work on mobile games, which is just fantastic and :allears:

Stephen Frost (lead producer who did all the voices for the promo videos leading up to launch) jumped ship less than 2 months post release. He swore up and down that he would never allow the game to go f2p. He is now working on games for the Amazon mobile marketplace.

Obligatory Stephen Frost getting spit on video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KgqhIsQp0Qg

Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

"Sooner or later, every curse is a prayer."
Just think, the server space that once housed your beloved CoH character was overwritten for this.

Normal Adult Human
Feb 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Anoia posted:

Just think, the server space that once housed your beloved CoH character was overwritten for this.

stop it please stop

cthulhoo
Jun 18, 2012

Anoia posted:

:getin:

Mormon Star Wars
Aug 13, 2005
It's a minotaur race...

Anoia posted:

Considering what kind of company Cryptic has become, putting down CoH was more like trying to cut out the infection before it spreads to your brain.

panda clue
May 23, 2014

onesixtwo posted:

suicide threats start on page 3

I posted this in Franbunny's thread on r/wildstar. She banned me from the subreddit and messaged me with this when I asked why:

Apparently I am stalking, harassing, and threatening her by posting a quote from her :shepface:

Normal Adult Human
Feb 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
good work poop toucher

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

What the gently caress does shadow banned even mean.

Also you should take it all the way to the top just for entertainment's sake.

Belzac
Mar 20, 2008

The third fracture I would do away with...I can't, sorry.

F R A C T U R E

Normal Adult Human posted:

good work poop toucher

panda clue
May 23, 2014

Also you should take it all the way to the top just for entertainment's sake.

I tried, but she realized she had no case and just took her toys and went home:

threatening behavior lmao

onesixtwo
Apr 27, 2014

Don't you realize that being nice just makes you get hurt?

panda clue posted:

sounds like she's threatening you, better report it to the mods

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Internet Autism Legend is the name of my john williams rock crossover coverband, how did you know?!?!

Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

panda clue posted:

this is kinda weird, dude

like ulillillia fan weird

SpaceGoku
Jul 19, 2011

Your account can still browse all of reddit's content and you can still make posts but they won't be visible to any other users, including other shadowbanned users. You don't get notified that you're shadowbanned.

It's about as passive-aggressive as it sounds.

onesixtwo
Apr 27, 2014

reddit really is the premiere democratic internet community

panda clue
May 23, 2014

Anoia posted:

like ulillillia fan weird

what the gently caress did I just google?

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

SpaceGoku posted:

Your account can still browse all of reddit's content and you can still make posts but they won't be visible to any other users, including other shadowbanned users. You don't get notified that you're shadowbanned.

Holy poo poo that's incredible. You know, lowtax could make a killing by adding this as a paid feature to SA. Pay 10 bux to shadowban someone, it lasts for a week or until that person pays 5-15 dollars. Truly the market could decide who is worthy to post on SA. No mods, just the invisible hand of the market.

Secret Spoon
Mar 22, 2009

panda clue posted:

I dont know man. I gave up pretty quick.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

SpaceGoku posted:

That's loving amazing.

panda clue
May 23, 2014

Holy poo poo that's incredible. You know, lowtax could make a killing by adding this as a paid feature to SA. Pay 10 bux to shadowban someone, it lasts for a week or until that person pays 5-15 dollars. Truly the market could decide who is worthy to post on SA. No mods, just the invisible hand of the market.

Wasn't this already a thing many years ago, but called hellbanning around here? I vaguely remember people talking about it but it having to be removed because blah blah SA server/forums code is poo poo.

Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

^
Yeah, the code couldn't handle it. Some hellbanned users figured out that they could make tons of posts in a thread and though most people wouldn't see anything, it'd make the forums choke as it tried to rectify what to display. That was their way of reminding people they were still around.

panda clue posted:

it's better not to know

Anoia fucked around with this message at 19:51 on May 13, 2015

onesixtwo
Apr 27, 2014

Really excited for the 17-hour NCSoft maintenance to finish so the shitshow can resume on the official forums.

http://www.reddit.com/r/WildStar/comments/35uwgz/ugirlwithruinedteeth_is_abusing_of_its_power_and/

People are REALLY upset about the f2p conversation still.

Bieeanshee
Aug 21, 2000

Not keen on keening.

Grimey Drawer

ArtIsResistance posted:

ohhhh that's why a lot of goons hate it with such fervor

god drat guys your lovely superhero mmo is gone, a man who accepts this will be the greatest superhero of them all

gently caress, I wondered where this cape and sense of grave responsibility came from.

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

CoH was really cool and all, but it was bound for the fate of every mmo ever made: to be abandoned. At least when CoH went out people still gave enough of a poo poo to post about it in every thread tangentially related to CoH. In some ways, wildstar did it a favor.

Wildstar is still a dumpster fire, but sometimes a good dumpster fire will really brighten up some hobo's life and keep him alive on a cold winter's day.

panda clue
May 23, 2014

Wildstar is still a dumpster fire, but sometimes a good dumpster fire will really brighten up some hobo's life and keep him alive on a cold winter's day.

its beautiful, in a way. makes u think

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

It brings a tear to my eye.

Also the only thing that sucks about a good dumpster fire is it makes the s'mores taste like garbage.

Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

I think the exile capital city has an actual dumpster fire going somewhere.

I mean it wouldn't be out of place.

Mormon Star Wars
Aug 13, 2005
It's a minotaur race...

Anoia posted:

I think the exile capital city has an actual dumpster fire going somewhere.

I mean it wouldn't be out of place.

I don't know if anyone could confirm that considering that looking at the wrong objects in Thayd could probably cause you to crash to desktop. :v:

My favorite CTD spot was this single cave in Algoroc that would CTD you if you walked inside. Nowhere else in the zone, but you step foot in that cave entrance and your rear end is grass.

DapperDraculaDeer
Aug 4, 2007

Shut up, Nick! You're not Twilight.
I think Fran is just stressing more than usual because her banning talk about f2p actually made it onto an MMO news site.

http://massivelyop.com/2015/05/12/wildstar-subreddit-mod-bans-f2p-and-b2p-discussions/

I wonder if this will drive her over the edge.

Mormon Star Wars
Aug 13, 2005
It's a minotaur race...

CoffeeBooze posted:

I think Fran is just stressing more than usual because her banning talk about f2p actually made it onto an MMO news site.

http://massivelyop.com/2015/05/12/wildstar-subreddit-mod-bans-f2p-and-b2p-discussions/

It just drove the other mod over the edge:

quote:

For a quick breakdown, over the past couple of weeks, I had talked with the other mods about picking up 3 additional moderators. They agreed (in some cases did not disagree) that this would be a good choice. This is something I planned on doing this week. Since then, two of the moderators have left (one gave his reason, the other just disappeared).

This was an annoyance, but I figured as long as I had at least one moderator to bounce opinions off of, it would not be hard to pick up users. Over the past 48 hours, I'm not secure with that idea. Because of this, /u/girlwithruinedteeth will be removed as a moderator as of this post. People have been getting banned left and right, articles have been written about removing discussion, and overall put this community in a negative light. While originally her intentions were good, the execution only showed that there were many underlying problems.

panda clue
May 23, 2014
this is about to get really good

edit:

I didn't even ask to be unbanned, lol. She's going to lose it.

Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

:munch:

Normal Adult Human
Feb 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
chilling reminder to all SA mods - the end to your tyranny is only one slow news day away.

panda clue
May 23, 2014
[META] Become a Moderator Today!

Someone from here please try to become the new r/wildstar moderator.

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

CoffeeBooze posted:

I like that hot "newz" site Massively is the catalyst for this person. Bless you Wildstar for enabling these idiots.

onesixtwo
Apr 27, 2014

quote:

This was an annoyance, but I figured as long as I had at least one moderator to bounce opinions off of, it would not be hard to pick up users. Over the past 48 hours, I'm not secure with that idea. Because of this, /u/girlwithruinedteeth will be removed as a moderator as of this post. People have been getting banned left and right, articles have been written about removing discussion, and overall put this community in a negative light. While originally her intentions were good, the execution only showed that there were many underlying problems.

http://www.reddit.com/r/WildStar/comments/35v0js/meta_lets_get_this_subreddit_to_a_better_place/

:munch:

The Chairman
Jun 30, 2003

But you forget, mon ami, that there is evil everywhere under the sun

panda clue posted:

[META] Become a Moderator Today!

Someone from here please try to become the new r/wildstar moderator.

http://www.reddit.com/r/WildStar/comments/35v0wf/meta_become_a_moderator_today/cr82kca

Xavier434
Dec 4, 2002

Holy crap! The last 48 hours on this topic have been incredible. Many people, including myself, felt that Wildstar was going to attract a particularly elitist and spergy crowd even for old school MMO standards. This was a reasonably well accepted theory even before the first beta, but what we got was so much more. And now this. Now everything.

Wildstar is an awful game, but the trainwrecks that it has spawned have been absolutely legendary. I hope it lives forever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Dr tugjobs is a name worthy of a moderator of the people. He really feels us, if you know what I mean.

• Locked thread