Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Drink and Fight
Feb 2, 2003

My ex once sat bolt upright in the middle of the night and accused me of being Hitler.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

System Metternich
Feb 28, 2010

But what did he mean by that?

Well, were you?

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

Drink and Fight posted:

My ex once sat bolt upright in the middle of the night and accused me of being Hitler.

that's my fetish

Reynold
Feb 14, 2012

Suffer not the unclean to live.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Drink and Fight posted:

Did you eat broccoli for dinner or something?

Baudolino
Apr 1, 2010

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Can a man orgasm from anal stimulation alone?
Personally i have never managed to get all the way without a little bit of penile stimulation as well.
Just once in my life i want to come without anyhting or anyone touching my penis. I am thinking about buying a vibrating prostate massager ( like aneros) but i don`t want to waste my money. Any tips will be much appreacted. How much time should i give it between each attempt, is it normal to feel a little sore afterwards?

Ausmund
Jan 24, 2007

THUNDERDOME LOSER
I used shampoo as lube and now the tip of my penis is inflammed and stings badly when I pee. Will this go away on its own or do I need to see a doctor? It's not an std because I'm not sexually active. I used the shampoo last night and it's been hurting all day today.

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

Stop jacking off with shampoo. You're probably sensitive to one of the fragrances or solvents in it or it got inside your urethra. Go to the corner store and use real lube next time like an adult instead of a 14 year old using whatever he can get his hands on.

Edit: Wait; if you don't have lube, how the gently caress are you sticking stuff in your rear end? Please tell me you're not covering a dildo in shampoo and going to town on yourself. :gonk:

Ausmund
Jan 24, 2007

THUNDERDOME LOSER
I was drunk and ran out of lube. I took a shower immediatley afterwards as well. Didn't think it would be an issue, but I've been pretty worried about it. Also I think you're confusing me with the other Thunderdome Loser avatar poster.

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

If you want a vision of the future...
Sorry hoss, sounds like you gave yourself a bad case of Shampoo Dick. You should head to the ER right away and let them know about your Shampoo Dick.

Ausmund
Jan 24, 2007

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Mechafunkzilla posted:

Sorry hoss, sounds like you gave yourself a bad case of Shampoo Dick. You should head to the ER right away and let them know about your Shampoo Dick.
Is this a joke post? Do I really need to be concerned about it or will it go away on its own?

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Gaz Posting Brigade :c00lbert:
You have 24 hours to give someone else Shampoo Dick until you die. Good luck.

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

Ausmund posted:

I was drunk and ran out of lube. I took a shower immediatley afterwards as well. Didn't think it would be an issue, but I've been pretty worried about it. Also I think you're confusing me with the other Thunderdome Loser avatar poster.

Yeah, I was. Sorry, shampoo lube guy, for confusing you with auto prostate stimulation guy.

If it doesn't get better in a day or two, see a doctor.

gariig
Dec 31, 2004
Beaten into submission by my fiance
Pillbug

Ausmund posted:

Is this a joke post? Do I really need to be concerned about it or will it go away on its own?

Yes it is a joke post and it should go away on its own. If things don't look better by Friday morning go see a doctor. You may not be peeing without pain until like Monday

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

I knew a girl who used conditioner as an anal lube once. Honestly, if you don't have lube, stop improvising. You can wait a day or two until you get lube. Stop jerking off with hair products.

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

cash crab posted:

I knew a girl who used conditioner as an anal lube once. Honestly, if you don't have lube, stop improvising. You can wait a day or two until you get lube. Stop jerking off with hair products.

However, if you must, conditioner does work better because it doesn't have soap in it.... Still, use real lube. Especially internally.

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

Jedit posted:

Having marketing isn't necessarily a bad thing, Durex do and they're fine. I can see why anyone who is slightly thicker than average would have problems with Trojans, though; I tried them once and found they were both smaller and narrower than UK brands.

So what we're saying is American men have small dicks? :mmmhmm:

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

feedmegin posted:

So what we're saying is American men have small dicks? :mmmhmm:

No, they just want to feel better about themselves by needing to buy the larger size. My dick isn't really all that big, but finding one that fits me properly is a bitch and a half.

Brutor Fartknocker
Jun 18, 2013

Ausmund don't worry about it, you can put Listerine strips into your urethra and you'd be fine.

Jewce
Mar 11, 2008
I know I've seen a bunch of condom posts here, but I need some advice and can't track it down.

My wife just got off BC in preparation for getting pregnant later this year, but we're not ready yet. This means I need to start wearing condoms again and the kind I used to use - durex ultra sheer - don't feel good at all.

Is there a consensus in best feeling super duper thin condom? Does custom fit help anything? What's a good US site for that?

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Jewce posted:

I know I've seen a bunch of condom posts here, but I need some advice and can't track it down.

My wife just got off BC in preparation for getting pregnant later this year, but we're not ready yet. This means I need to start wearing condoms again and the kind I used to use - durex ultra sheer - don't feel good at all.

Is there a consensus in best feeling super duper thin condom? Does custom fit help anything? What's a good US site for that?

Condoms feel terrible no matter what after long time of riding raw.

Me and my wife waited the two months the doctor recommended after going off birth control(she was on for 10yrs) but she was still hyper-ovulating and got twins. So unless you want twins you may want to wait a bit longer than the usual month or two they advise you to wait.

She's now a member of a twins group and 30s age women with a similar story seem to make up the bulk of the group.

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

Jewce posted:

Skyn, Crown, and Kimono all get pretty good press; it's a pretty individual thing though, so you'll have to shop around to find one that works for you. It's never as good as not using one, of course, but condom sex is way better than having a baby before you're ready.

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

I don't know man everytime I go to the gym here there are like two huge dudes with raging high and tights snorting Nitro-tech off of each other's rock hard abs.
Are nitrile any good? I know female condoms are better than male condoms and I've heard great things about lambskin, but other synthetic materials don't seem to get brought up that much

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

The Door Frame posted:

Are nitrile any good? I know female condoms are better than male condoms

I'd love to know where you heard this. Every person I've heard express an opinion about femidoms is that they're like shagging a freezer bag.

Jewce
Mar 11, 2008

LingcodKilla posted:

Condoms feel terrible no matter what after long time of riding raw.

Me and my wife waited the two months the doctor recommended after going off birth control(she was on for 10yrs) but she was still hyper-ovulating and got twins. So unless you want twins you may want to wait a bit longer than the usual month or two they advise you to wait.

She's now a member of a twins group and 30s age women with a similar story seem to make up the bulk of the group.

drat, that's interesting about the twins. My wife has also been on around 10 years. I'll definitely keep that in mind. She's starting to track her ovulation and stuff but her body is still all whacked since this is her first month off.

hoobajoo posted:

Skyn, Crown, and Kimono all get pretty good press; it's a pretty individual thing though, so you'll have to shop around to find one that works for you. It's never as good as not using one, of course, but condom sex is way better than having a baby before you're ready.

Thanks for the recommendations. And yeah, I don't expect as good, but I literally can't get off with these durex. It's like loving after a long night of drinking.

strangemusic
Aug 7, 2008

I shield you because I need charge
Is not because I like you or anything!

Diverting away from condom chat for a minute:

I recently started taking Cipralex (escitalopram) and I'm definitely feeling the sexual dysfunction side of things as my doctor mentioned might happen. It's a bummer, man. I'm not actively seeing/having sex with anybody lately anyway, so I'm not performance-anxious, but it's still rough to have drive/need but no real good feelings of any kind happening and not being able to get off.

Can I expect things to go back to normal eventually? I'll be talking to my doc about it for sure, but I was wondering how others might have worked through similar experiences with SSRIs.

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

strangemusic posted:

I recently started taking Cipralex (escitalopram) and I'm definitely feeling the sexual dysfunction side of things as my doctor mentioned might happen. It's a bummer, man. I'm not actively seeing/having sex with anybody lately anyway, so I'm not performance-anxious, but it's still rough to have drive/need but no real good feelings of any kind happening and not being able to get off.

Can I expect things to go back to normal eventually? I'll be talking to my doc about it for sure, but I was wondering how others might have worked through similar experiences with SSRIs.

All I can surmise from various reports about SSRIs is that some people find it levels out and some people find that it doesn't. For the former, it's usually because their mood has stabilized and any insensitivity issues have little to no bearing on the reduction in poor mood that would arguably bring down your sex drive anyway. Honestly, I'm always a little wary about long-term SSRI use anyway, but if you're worried about the medication robbing you of an arguably important facet of your life, I would switch to something that doesn't depress any genital sensitivity or ask about a lower dose.

e: Sorry, from the personal end of things, I was on Prozac for a few years and although it didn't depress any physical sensations, my sex drive was in the tank and it took a little while (about a year or so) to recover. On the other hand, chronic depression also means sometimes the plumbing is working, but my partner will initiate something and I'll be too depressed/feeling lovely about myself to reciprocate.

cash crab fucked around with this message at 21:37 on May 24, 2015

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

Jedit posted:

I'd love to know where you heard this. Every person I've heard express an opinion about femidoms is that they're like shagging a freezer bag.

Also, they are one of the least effective forms of birth control out there.

You may as well just go with a diaphragm at that point.

Edit: I'm trying to figure out how you can have "not perfect" use of Depo-Provera. :psyduck:

KillHour fucked around with this message at 21:41 on May 24, 2015

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

KillHour posted:

Also, they are one of the least effective forms of birth control out there.

You may as well just go with a diaphragm at that point.

Edit: I'm trying to figure out how you can have "not perfect" use of Depo-Provera. :psyduck:

Holy poo poo, they're even worse than pulling out. And aren't they like, $12 each?

Also, depochat: I'm guessing people who fail to get the shots again on time? Or their butt falls off? I don't know. That's confusing.

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

cash crab posted:

Holy poo poo, they're even worse than pulling out. And aren't they like, $12 each?

Also, depochat: I'm guessing people who fail to get the shots again on time? Or their butt falls off? I don't know. That's confusing.

I especially like how normal condoms aren't all that much better than pulling out, anyways. Honestly, after looking at that list, the only BC I particularly trust anymore is Mirena (which appears to beat out even female sterilization. WTF?)

Where the hell is my reversible male birth control, Pfizer?

KillHour fucked around with this message at 21:54 on May 24, 2015

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

strangemusic posted:

After about 2 months, whatever side effects are left are pretty much there to stay, so if you're not there yet, it may well go away. If it doesn't, the two most common approaches are lowering dose and/or supplementing with an antidepressant that doesn't cause the same side effect or will counteract the SSRI's side effects. The most common one is Welbutrin (Bupropion), which tends to increase sex drive and sensation.

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

hoobajoo posted:

After about 2 months, whatever side effects are left are pretty much there to stay, so if you're not there yet, it may well go away. If it doesn't, the two most common approaches are lowering dose and/or supplementing with an antidepressant that doesn't cause the same side effect or will counteract the SSRI's side effects. The most common one is Welbutrin (Bupropion), which tends to increase sex drive and sensation.

I can confirm that Welbutrin turns you into a sex monster.

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

KillHour posted:

I especially like how normal condoms aren't all that much better than pulling out, anyways. Honestly, after looking at that list, the only BC I particularly trust anymore is Mirena (which appears to beat out even female sterilization. WTF?)

Where the hell is my reversible male birth control, Pfizer?

Yeah, I'm confused about that, too. On that note, IUDs sort of freak me out, but I don't want to stay on progestin-only BC for more than a few years (bone density, yo).

Egg-chat: Anyone here ever donated their eggs?

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

cash crab posted:

Yeah, I'm confused about that, too. On that note, IUDs sort of freak me out, but I don't want to stay on progestin-only BC for more than a few years (bone density, yo).

I get the weirdness of not wanting something inside you all the time, but those things are like God's gift to birth control. If I could stick a piece of plastic in my nutsack for 5 years and be practically guaranteed to not have kids, I would stand in line like I was a hipster waiting for the Apple Watch on release day.

If it makes you feel better, here's the current frontrunner for reversible male birth control:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reversible_inhibition_of_sperm_under_guidance

quote:

Phase III clinical trials...slowed by insufficient volunteers.
RISUG works by an injection into the vas deferens...a local anesthetic is administered, an incision is made in the scrotum, and the vas deferens is tugged out with a small pair of forceps.
...the vas deferens is injected with the polymer gel and pushed back into the scrotum.
The copolymer is made by irradiation of the two monomers.... The source of irradiation is cobalt-60 gamma radiation.
The effect the chemical has on sperm is not completely understood.
The thoroughness of carcinogenicity, teratogenicity, and toxicity testing in clinical trials has been questioned.

I think you ladies got it pretty good, TBH.

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

KillHour posted:

I get the weirdness of not wanting something inside you all the time, but those things are like God's gift to birth control. If I could stick a piece of plastic in my nutsack for 5 years and be practically guaranteed to not have kids, I would stand in line like I was a hipster waiting for the Apple Watch on release day.

If it makes you feel better, here's the current frontrunner for reversible male birth control:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reversible_inhibition_of_sperm_under_guidance

I think you ladies got it pretty good, TBH.

:froggonk: Oh GOD

Mostly my wariness comes from the idea of my boyfriend being able to feel it, or the idea of it being like "THE UTERUS BORES ME, SHOW ME ANOTHER" and it just floating off into my GI tract or something. I assume all medical devices are both sentient and cruel.

GoodBee
Apr 8, 2004

cash crab posted:

I looked it up once but they only wanted your eggs if you were under 24 with multiple healthy children.

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

cash crab posted:

Mostly my wariness comes from the idea of my boyfriend being able to feel it, or the idea of it being like "THE UTERUS BORES ME, SHOW ME ANOTHER" and it just floating off into my GI tract or something. I assume all medical devices are both sentient and cruel.

My ex used the NuvaRing, and I couldn't tell it was there. Given an IUD is way less present than the ring, I wouldn't worry about it. Though you seem dead set on making decisions for irrational reasons, so I'm not sure if this is a problem that logic and evidence can defeat.

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

cash crab posted:

It goes in your uterus, not your vagina. The only thing in your vagina for him to even have a chance of feeling is a thin thread to give something for the doctor to pull it back out with, which he probably won't feel anyways (and almost certainly won't mind, in either case).

How do you figure it's going to find its way in your butt, exactly?

FISHMANPET
Mar 3, 2007

Sweet 'N Sour
Can't
Melt
Steel Beams
My wife is a year or so into her second IUD, it's great. She has a "tipped uterus" so the string is even farther back or something and there's like zero chance of me hitting it.

Getting it put in is kind of intense I guess, but if you take some ibuprofen before hand it's fine. My wife passed out the first time because they didn't tell her about the ibuprofen.

But we both agree the condom free baby free doin' it is totally worth it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

KillHour posted:

I can confirm that Welbutrin turns you into a sex monster.

If you're lucky. :smith: